Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 15 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets, Monster Masks & General Itemization

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and monster masks, and general itemization improvements. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Do you plan to use these new item sets or Monster Masks when this update goes live?
  • How desirable do you find these new items?
  • Did you unlock any Collectibles? If so, what did you think of them?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spawn of Mephala: Increased the damage of this Item Set’s proc by 5%, and changed the 1-piece bonus to Max Stamina instead of Max Health.
    This is my favourite monster set of them all but i still believe this buff won't change it's use in pvp or pve. There are a vast majority of stamina monster sets that are better for pve dps, those monster sets being seleane and velidrith for example. In pvp you can simply move away from the proc and thats the end of it.

My suggestion's for change:

-Make this monster set proc follow you around like Grotharr. That way stamina players also have a personal bound aoe monster set to utilise.
    -Increase the radius.

PS4 NA DC
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think skoria should be looked at too. Also please make Sword-Singer add it's 2 handed weapon damage bonus to Rally.

Edit: There are pretty messed up Oblivion builds atm. Fixing the cooldown for oblivion damage using infused weapons is really going to bring this out. Please look at this also!
    Edited by Own on July 10, 2017 9:21PM
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good changes, but I have some concerns.

Domihaus is a monster set with a hybrid proc, meaning that it has a 50% chance of being useless when it procs if say the stamina version procs when you're a magicka character. Given the cooldown of 15 seconds it's possible that if you're unlucky you aren't going to be able to take advantage of the effect for a while. If the ring was a kind of group support effect (ie. buffs all ally's weapon or spell damage when they stand in the ring) that would be nice, but currently the phrasing makes it seem like the bonus is only for you. I suggest making the ring buff all allies, making it a mini-SPC like effect for one damage type. This rewards good positioning and coordination between group members.

Flame Blossom is another proc set, and seems to be instant with no delay or telegraph. If the fire line that spawns behaves similarly to Velidreth's spores it could be counterproductive to what they're trying to achieve in this patch for proc sets.

Maw of the Infernal is still untouched even after all this and I don't think the current form is going to be viable at all. It appears to be a DPS monster helm but still has various issues. 10% move speed increase for the Daedroth is nice but the set bonuses don't seem to fit. Max Health is decent, but most other dps sets have max mag/stam or wep/spell dmg bonuses. Daedroth itself can still be snared and CCed, and deals 2 diff damage types (fire and physical). I would suggest removing the melee swipes, and give it the fire breath attack it has now as well as the ranged fire spit that stuns enemies and leaves behind a small fire pool that wild Daedroths have. That would make it potentially viable in PVE as a magicka/summoner set.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maw of the Infernal needs the Shadowrend treatment.
    Domihaus (Monster)

(1) Max Stamina
    (1) Max Magicka
    (2) When you deal damage, you have a 15% chance to create either a ring of fire or a ring of molten earth around you for 10 seconds, which deals 1,000 Flame Damage or 1,000 Physical Damage every 1 second. Standing within the ring grants you 200 Spell Damage or 200 Weapon Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

The one piece, if it gives both, is VERY useful. (50GB for PTS... I might be able to check tomorrow.) If the two piece has a 15% change to proc something not usable to player every 15 seconds, it's pretty bad. Using it with Pelinal's is perhaps the exception if the proc then buffs both weapon and spell damage.
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭

Domihaus is a monster set with a hybrid proc, meaning that it has a 50% chance of being useless

This.
    Please make the effect of the set pick after whatever ressource is highest! It looks like a good set but the 50% chance of it being wasted is making it not viable sadly. Please make this change! =D
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What does everyone think of shadowrend. Mag damage, and defile is nice, and it procs necro for other classes. Only issue is probably proc rate. If this was changed it might make necro viable elsewhere.

Allow pet sets to be repentable since repentance value + stam is only for caster nerf, pets don't spawn often, and only one player can use the corpse.It'd help make templar tanking more reliable resource wise, DKs can just press one button for 900 stam, would help build diversity ya know.
    Edited by ak_pvp on July 10, 2017 11:38PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good changes overall. My two cents:

- Selene's: needs a significant damage nerf, the visual clues don't change much when i can combo it with a stun.

- Skoria: needs a change too, is really strong and the audio clue is not always useful and sometimes is almost imposible to hear, specially when there is lag and sound dosn't work properly. A moderated damage nerf and add a visual-effect, something like ice-comet, would be great.

For the rest, we will have to test it.
    Edited by ManDraKE on July 11, 2017 12:12AM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NTclaymore wrote: »

Domihaus is a monster set with a hybrid proc, meaning that it has a 50% chance of being useless

This.
    Please make the effect of the set pick after whatever ressource is highest! It looks like a good set but the 50% chance of it being wasted is making it not viable sadly. Please make this change! =D

It does already. that's exactly how it works.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* Please buff the damage of the Ashen Grip set.*cough*

Currently, this set only does 1544 damage in an AoE every 4 seconds, with a 10% chance on melee damage. Meaning, in order to do comparable damage to a set like the red mountain (8400 damage every 2 seconds, 10% chance) , assuming optimal conditions and 100% proc chance you'd have to hit about 11 enemies with a single proc.

It'd be cool if this set was the "trash mob" focused set. if it was increased to say, 4,200, it would only require the player to hit 4 enemies to be on par. And hey, a new crafting set becomes an interesting choice! And it performs better if the player has good positioning, so a set that requires a bit of skill to use!
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 11, 2017 2:20AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding telegraph to a 15k+ Selene isnt going to help because the bear's animation is less than a second (0.75). Please at least increase the cast time to 1.5 so combining Selene with a stun should help you land the damage.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are we getting more sets that heal and changes to existing ones that will not change anything? Healing done is never a issue. In PvE everything that doesn't increase Group-DPS is useless and you overheal like crazy anyways. In PvP you want more sustain, since healing done doesn't get you through a few seconds long CC, so it's pretty useless as well.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overwhelming surge??
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene is fine, everyone on the forum always exaggerates its damage... 15k reallly? I think the damage should stay the same, the visual telegraph removed, and the animation to be increased to like 1.5 seconds.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • mzdarsky
    mzdarsky
    ✭✭
    All and all amazing patch, but don't miss the mark.

I would say first and foremost you should make adjustments to way more sets and enhancements. There are a lot of regular sets and monster sets that still should be buffed or nerfed. One of the easiest ways you guys could do this simply is to run data on the usage of every set both in PVE and PVP for players above CP 300. I don't want to go into crazy detail of every set and have this thread not read, but simply looking at the usage or the traders guild average cost should show that the set might need to be adjusted or the tool tip might need to better explain what it does.

Sets like Selene or Troll King, not touched by this patch, aside from offering counters? No one wants to create a build strickly for countering, otherwise people would actually use POISON Resist ENCHANTMENTS.
    There are crafted trait sets that are basically never ever used, that should be buffed and ones that are always used that maybe should be nerfed.

Having two similar sets, creates less diversity and basically just allows one set to trump the other.
    Take Sheer Venom vs Viper. They are basically the same thing, except Sheer can proc from range, but way less often. Sheer has a DPS of 1404 and Viper has a DPS of 1600.
    Or Hawk's Eye (PVE) vs Markesmen Crest (PVP). That being said, those two sets are rarely ever used, but buffing those sets could make using a bow a more viable Primary option, instead of always being a back bar option.

Also easy fix....
    I think some of these tool-tips could maybe include information on what stat the set scales with and maybe indicating what the original damage is and what the improved damage is. More information helps the players understand the mechanics and does not require ESO much more time to implement. The tool-tip might even add recommended situations it is used for.

Sometimes players just get owned by not understanding the sets as well as everyone else.
  • TyroneShoelaces
    It's disappointing that whenever I make one of these templates, they are missing so many sets.
    All the crap that gets dumped in your inventory is a mess.

It would be nice to just have some vendors that have all the sets on them that we can just walk up to and buy the things we want to test out.
    An overland vendor, dungeons vendor, trial vendor, etc.
    Surely that can't be too difficult to implement?

I'm certainly not gonna go farm stuff on here.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to restate my opinion that Selene and Skoria are fine; I don't have a problem when my opponents use these against me. I only had a problem with getting hit with three instant damage procs at once.

Defense is very powerful in Cyrodiil. We just got through a meta of unkillable tanks, the resto and 1H&Shield ultimate are really good, impreg and wizard's riposte armor is strong and easily available.

Please stop asking for big sweeping nerfs to everything. Many of you criticized ZoS for the huge nerf-bomb to everything in Morrowind and begged ZoS to do these nerfs in phases (CP first, then the class/armor nerfs, etc.). How about you follow you own advice here and see how things play out before asking for more freaking nerfs.

This is the first patch notes that did not make me want to throw my computer out the window in over two years and you people still want more nerfs.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene and valkyn skoria is still too strong.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Good changes overall. My two cents:

- Selene's: needs a significant damage nerf, the visual clues don't change much when i can combo it with a stun.

- Skoria: needs a change too, is really strong and the audio clue is not always useful and sometimes is almost imposible to hear, specially when there is lag and sound dosn't work properly. A moderated damage nerf and add a visual-effect, something like ice-comet, would be great.

For the rest, we will have to test it.

Nice idea with Skoria. 100% with you here. I agree with Selene's. I really hope these two sets get looked at.
    olsborg wrote: »
    Selene and valkyn skoria is still too strong.

It's true!
  • mzdarsky
    mzdarsky
    ✭✭
    Defense is very powerful in Cyrodiil. We just got through a meta of unkillable tanks, the resto and 1H&Shield ultimate are really good, impreg and wizard's riposte armor is strong and easily available.

As a heavy cyrodil player and watcher. I would say I 100% agree with this. If I was ZOS I would like to request a nerf on everyone's ability to heal so well and instead maybe add 4k to everyones starting health. So people don't instant die and also battles don't last forever. The DK tanks with troll king is insane and ZOS if you haven't seen the video of the guy with 3 sets that basically make him use resto ult non-stop as he can survive a Zerg of 50 high cp players you should. There are people right now that are pretty much unkillable and even if they don't really output damage it ruins battlegrounds and cyrodil. People should only be unkillable if they have a healer behind them and you don't kill the healer. Right now these tanks can self heal.

This patch might just further strengthen the tank meta that is going on right now, so I think adding starting health and nerfing vigor, resto ult, and healing received could be very helpful and even out the meta
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Why are we getting more sets that heal and changes to existing ones that will not change anything? Healing done is never a issue. In PvE everything that doesn't increase Group-DPS is useless and you overheal like crazy anyways. In PvP you want more sustain, since healing done doesn't get you through a few seconds long CC, so it's pretty useless as well.

Yeah I'm disappointed with the healing sets again.
    Healers don't need more healing. Certainly not unreliable proc heals.

There's a reason why Spell Power Cure is pretty much mandatory - it provides group buffs through healing. We need more of those, not more "healing" sets.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerien'eth : make the 1peace bonus MAX MAGICKA... DONE.... awesome for pve and pvp...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you could, have the Assassin's Guile set increase the proc chance of poisons as well, up to something like a 50% chance
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 11, 2017 8:39AM
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Why decrease dmg on poisonius serpent?
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    The OP proc sets get nerfed but we still need buffs for some of the weaker sets.
    Offtank of the year 2016
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LorDrek wrote: »
    Why decrease dmg on poisonius serpent?

Because it was completely crazy in pvp. And they reduced the burst but kept the overall damage the same
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both Skoria, and Tremorscale need to be looked at as well.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Universally adjusted the values of some 1, 2, 3, and 4-piece bonus stats for all Item Sets:

Max Health, Magicka, or Stamina has been increased by 13.3%
    Weapon Critical or Spell Critical rating has been increased by 55%
    Physical or Spell Resistance has been increased by 13.8%
    Physical or Spell Penetration has been decreased by 22%

I think this change will heavily break existing balance in PvP. Most of all because of max health, magicka, stamins bonus. Nowdays we balance our max resource and weapon/spell damage. Lets try to think two step forward. after this change there will be no sense in increasing your spell damage and weapon damage just because you can achieve higher stats and damage by maxing stam or magicka pool. Inner light, meteor, nb and warden skills increase pool passively. Its easier to max stam/magicka now (50k+ magicka on magwarden in necro), it will be lot easier after this change (60k+ on magwarden in necro?). So sets with max stats bonuses - necropotence, hulking draugr, plague doctor - will be mandatory BiS. It will ruin build diversity.
    And btw, is plague doctor not enough OP now? I don't have necro here.
    http://a.icepic.ru/729ccc3.jpeg

Edit: Weapon Critical or Spell Critical rating has been increased by 55% - and what about immortal sorcs with 100% crit chance?
    Edited by StereoLiz on July 11, 2017 10:52AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General Feedback:

1) Sentinel of Rkugamz and Nightflame need the game´s standard AoE healing radius, i.e. 8m.
    2) The visuals of Pirate Skeleton need to be fixed so that you don´t get stuck unable to use a skill. Maybe just the hand should be transformed.
    3) Storm Fist needs a larger radius.

Further Feedback when I am actually able to test the new sets (next week?)

Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say:
    THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU

The proc set changes combined with the trait changes combined with the mundus stone changes are very exciting indeed!

Obviously, no one knows at this time how it will all play out in the long run, but, at this moment in time, I am very excited about all the new possibilities (theory crafting) and diversity this opens up for both pvp and pve (as well as the increased possibility for meaningful pvp counter-play).
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ironblood...The Buff is great but that snare is hideous @ZOS_GinaBruno seriously it is awful. In a parked tank fight it's fine, no issues with it. Tested it in out and if it procs off random adds you're trying to ignore whilst going after a target it just gimps you. Please reduce this to at least 50%, 75% is way way to much.

Also something you probably cannot control, it procs off Lava...game over.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!