EXPLOITING SORCS

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    But...everyone knows you cheat @Vaoh ! How else could you possibly solo all those hard dungeons ;) ^^

You should get back into PvP. Who cares what people whisper. Rage tells are just a compliment.

I don't like to think about the solos I did....
    I managed to solo every single boss I wanted except one, so imo I kinda failed at it in a way...... The Warrior was very RNG-based. I never got him below 48% health, and only saved a vid getting him to 68% :disappointed:

I play BGs on my Magicka Warden. I'm always getting high scores and doing great but the lack of balance with proc sets, group finder/group composition issues, and no competitive skill-based leaderboard have taken much of the fun away for me unfortunateIy.

For the first time I'm taking a long break from ESO. I might come back for the 3rd quarter DLC to attempt to solo dungeons or for any good Magicka Warden DPS monster sets/5-piece sets that drop.
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploitation is the bane of MMO's, even ZOS would move quickly to kill it. Whether ZOS will be competent enough to kill it is another question.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Wreuntzylla is correct, then I should be able to take my standard rotation, macro it to a small delay between key presses, and have my DPS skyrocket in tests with a target dummy. They are saying there is no global cooldown and the local cooldown is so small, I can get in more actions than by manually pushing keys. So why didn't it work when I tested on PTS?

You made a crappy macro because you dont know what youre doing...
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    press button rapidly for crushing shock, then RAPIDLY press the block and release block and press block and release, can do 2 to 3 crushing shocks per 1 to 2 sec. Well at least for me on the PS4, we have no macros and stuff like that.
    ^^ this is still considered low firing rate by some, I'm still learning and some skills, animation cancel others perfectly while some can not be animation cancelled at all.

You're lying mate ;) The global cooldown on skill casts is 1 second. So that means that you're limited to 1 ability cast per second. 1 Crushing Shock per second. Animation canceling, in this case, block canceling, doesn't affect the global cooldown at all. Light/heavy attacks, bash and dodge don't share the same global cooldown as abilities and block doesn't have a global cooldown at all.
    Basically, to cut the long story short about the way Animation canceling works, there are priorities in ESO:
    light attack/heavy attack < ability < block/dodge/bash
    Due to this, when you're casting a skill but need to block at the same time, your character will block the moment you pressed the button, meaning that the body movement that the character was doing is canceled and replaced by the block animation. The animation of the skill (in this case the beam from Crushing Shock) is still shown. So whenever anyone tells you that people can do more than 1 ability cast per second, they are lying.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "3"

I'm guessing OP saw the 3 different elemental damages on his death recap. People are so quick to yell exploit or cheater when they lose...
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    All the people crying about macroing/whatever when theres a global cooldown which can NOT be circumvented - priceless

You can't write and fire off a macro to reproduce an animation cancel of a couple of attacks?

To explain where the disconnect is:

You cannot simultaneously cast crushing shock and hardened ward. There must be time in between the use of skills. A macro can be used so that you press a button (for simplicity, 1) and have the keystrokes read as pressing one, left click and 4 (your shield) in sequence. Note, I said in sequence. You could, of course, set macros to spam your one and 4 key together, but it would not cast both at once.

Macros can't rewrite code. It just won't work that way.

And then there are some people that think it can, but can never seem to replicate it.

This. Global cool downs prevent this. This was simply lag. You want to test? Flood your network with traffic... Not enough to lag out of the game, but enough to saturate your connection to where you get terrible latency to your gateway. Then go play the game. It will happen in due time.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. I thought the title said "exploding sorcs" at first. I was excited to come see vids of that.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have spent any decent amount of time in Cyrodiil, such as getting your rank into the 20s, you have undoubtedly seen some crazy stuff that defies belief. Yes, there are some good players out there. However, there are also plenty of exploiters and other players who will do whatever they can to win. ZOS could easily put an end to all current and future instances of these types of exploits in Cyrodiil. Yet ZOS' refusal to address them except on a player by player basis speaks volumes to the company's indifference to it all. Just as sad are the players who refuse to acknowledge that these exploiters exist. You can decide for yourself if they are being genuine or not with their denials.
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf macro.
    Options