EXPLOITING SORCS

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ANYTHING EVER GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS [PC/EU]

I BET MOST KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND NO ITS NOT FROM LAG ETC ITS THESE SORCS WITH 25K SHIELDS AND MACRO'ING ALL SKILLS TO FIRE OFF AT ONCE

I lay dead and watched a Sorc do his rotation and CLEARLY he was managing to get off skills at such a fast pace its impossible to do any other way

Crushing Shock, takes me at least 2-3 seconds to fire off 2 , not this guy, 3 IN A SECOND - EXPLAIN

I normally dont care but enough is enough
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you reported the players in game, via a normal reporting player ticket?

Do you have video evidence of it at all?

Have you sent the above in a PM to anyone at ZOS?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a sort of "macroslice". You sure you didn't just lag?

I've never seen this and you wrote out a post in all caps claiming there's an exploit with no video evidence of someone killing you this way :/
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like lag
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macroslice
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny how sounds like lag is the go to answer for some
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I've never seen this and you wrote out a post in all caps claiming there's an exploit with no video evidence of someone killing you this way :/

I agree. With no offense to OP, it is easy to state someone happened and it is easy to think we see something yet do not.

OP should report it to Zos, provide video evidence if available.
    Options
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macros, scripts, lag, ac, exploits is basicly trademark of ESO but you know you have to be skilled to put 5 skills in one script and press 1 button...
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. With no offense to OP, it is easy to state someone happened and it is easy to think we see something yet do not.

OP should report it to Zos, provide video evidence if available.
    This.

I can confirm that exploits get addressed if they're seen by ZOS. I have reported some in the past (major and minor) and when they've been noted they have been addressed in later patch notes.

The issue always seems to be ZOS getting the information in the first place.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not lag/macro slice/etc

You can clearly see 1 sorc spamming skills and managing to keep shields UP AT ALL TIMES

I CAN'T EVEN DO THIS, Its either spam my shields to stay alive or try to use skills and die, all while being attacked by 10+ but if it was the enemy sorc with 10+ he manages to keeps shields UP ALWAYS
    Options
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    press button rapidly for crushing shock, then RAPIDLY press the block and release block and press block and release, can do 2 to 3 crushing shocks per 1 to 2 sec. Well at least for me on the PS4, we have no macros and stuff like that.
    ^^ this is still considered low firing rate by some, I'm still learning and some skills, animation cancel others perfectly while some can not be animation cancelled at all.
    Options
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a macroslice it can be done with heavy/light attack +gap closer+skills button mashing specially with 2h, and it is the devs fault, the end.
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video or didn't happen. If you claim something, provide evidence.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll try and get video
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to pull this off by accident a few times. Crushing shock, curse, frags and a medium weave going almost at the same instant. But I was lagging badly and my game was giving me the beep ... beep ... warning as I was pressing keys. So it's entirely possible that user just pressed the button 2-3 times in order to make it work over terrible lag, and the server executed them almost at once as it caught up with the client. Normally the game has a 0.8s cooldown for skills - you can only LA/HA in between, hence the animation cancel technique - so you can't actually pull more than 3 skills in 2.5s. But I think that cooldown may be ignored if there's a big command queue to the server. If this can be intentionally exploited it's debatable, since lag is not really that predictable. It usually comes in spikes.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played Sorc since beta I assure you that you CANNOT fire off 3 abilities at once no matter how good are you at animation cancelling.
    On the other hand I never cheated and used outside help for this game so who knows?
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBwvFir.jpg

No you provide video that it's lag. Thanks.
    Edited by Idinuse on July 6, 2017 1:14PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JamieAubrey just be aware you can't post that video publicly on these forums.

Even if people demand proof of you it's against the forums rules and you'll just be moderated. If you have evidence of it then you're better passing it over to ZOS directly and having them to review it.

When I reported something recently I sent it to Jessica, Gina, Rich and Wrobel (it was a skill/gameplay exploit) with information of what it was and when/how it was being done. I also notified each of them who else I had sent it to (so they could let others know if easier than sending it on again).
    I then politely notified Gina via Twitter that she had a message about an exploit if she could take a look when she got a free moment.

Three weeks later it was patched out and I had a message from Wrobel saying it had been addressed and thanks.

So again the issues are addressed if they see them, agree they're an issue (not everything we say is an exploit is in their eyes) and can reproduce them.

Just be aware in your case as this is users exploiting you're very unlikely to get an answer back as it will be about player disciplinary action if any is taken.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like the ol' Macro Slice TM

seriously though, if its been in the last 5 days, its probably lag.

Sorcs are notorious for being able to ani cancel insta cast frags

get nuked, son

disclaimer: I hate mag sorcs, they are the bane of my existence.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I can also fire 4 skills at once on a Sorc in console.

Zenimax don't ban me please :anguished:
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @JamieAubrey just be aware you can't post that video publicly on these forums.

Even if people demand proof of you it's against the forums rules and you'll just be moderated. If you have evidence of it then you're better passing it over to ZOS directly and having them to review it.

When I reported something recently I sent it to Jessica, Gina, Rich and Wrobel (it was a skill/gameplay exploit) with information of what it was and when/how it was being done. I also notified each of them who else I had sent it to (so they could let others know if easier than sending it on again).
    I then politely notified Gina via Twitter that she had a message about an exploit if she could take a look when she got a free moment.

Three weeks later it was patched out and I had a message from Wrobel saying it had been addressed and thanks.

So again the issues are addressed if they see them, agree they're an issue (not everything we say is an exploit is in their eyes) and can reproduce them.

Just be aware in your case as this is users exploiting you're very unlikely to get an answer back as it will be about player disciplinary action if any is taken.

Not too sure about that. There have been videos of lots of sketchy stuff on these Forums that weren't taken down. Things like 100+m gap closers, macroslices, Pheonix bug and self-revive exploit, and so much more.

As long as they aren't instructional or something showing the Out of Map area of a trial it should be fine. :neutral:
    Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkillzMFG wrote: »
    Played Sorc since beta I assure you that you CANNOT fire off 3 abilities at once no matter how good are you at animation cancelling.
    On the other hand I never cheated and used outside help for this game so who knows?

You clearly haven't :joy:

I know is not a common discussion but any godlike player know how to triple cancel, but, only Nightblades and Sorcerers have access to it and I strongly believe it's broken but it's very hard to do it and it's not worthy at all (it's maybe easy to do it on PC) I also don't believe the OP got killed by a player exploiting the heavy triple cancel, he just got rekt by lag or maybe from a player using macros like he claimed.
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamieAubrey just be aware you can't post that video publicly on these forums.

Not too sure about that. There have been videos of lots of sketchy stuff on these Forums that weren't taken down. Things like 100+m gap closers, macroslices, Pheonix bug and self-revive exploit, and so much more.

As long as they aren't instructional or something showing the Out of Map area of a trial it should be fine. :neutral:
    I think showing an actual player you're saying is exploiting is going to be flagged for name and shame though.

They might let it go, but I very much doubt it with the context this video would be posted in. If Jamie can edit the video to remove all names I think it'll be fine however.
    Options
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    25k shield is not an exploit, Marcos actually make your abilities go off slower and you have no idea what your talking about.
    Options
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not lag/macro slice/etc

You can clearly see 1 sorc spamming skills and managing to keep shields UP AT ALL TIMES

I CAN'T EVEN DO THIS, Its either spam my shields to stay alive or try to use skills and die, all while being attacked by 10+ but if it was the enemy sorc with 10+ he manages to keeps shields UP ALWAYS

git gud?
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Totally lag :/ happens on console for me all the time
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamieAubrey just be aware you can't post that video publicly on these forums.

I think showing an actual player you're saying is exploiting is going to be flagged for name and shame though.

They might let it go, but I very much doubt it with the context this video would be posted in. If Jamie can edit the video to remove all names I think it'll be fine however.

Ahh Name and Shame.... forgot about that. In that case I def agree editing names out should be enough.

I want to see what they're doing. Already I have an idea of something that might trigger it. If what Jamie found is what I'm thinking of then it's going to be a serious problem that people are abusing it.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    His name starts with "Alu..." ? or the other one "I Only..."(Don't give name so it won't be naming and shaming).
    Then I know who it is.
    Yes some people are macroing :/
    I hope someday ZOS will do something about it.
    Edited by Universe on July 6, 2017 1:39PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    His name starts with "Alu..." ? or the other one "I Only..."(Don't give name so it won't be naming and shaming).
    Then I know who it is.
    Yes some people are macroing :/
    I hope someday ZOS will do something about it.

I happened to kill the latter for some nice, red dye and 100 achievement points. It throws the negate on the zerg or it takes the Mnem scroll away to Warden :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some players have macros that will bar swap, throw up shield, bar swap back to destro bar all with 1 button. There are youtube videos showing how to do this.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0KlEb4G.gif

Not sure what op meant(firing 5 light attacks off at once) but maybe that and not sure if it works in combat.

(If it is against the forum rules pls remove the image)
    Edited by Zer0oo on July 6, 2017 4:08PM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options