EXPLOITING SORCS

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    press button rapidly for crushing shock, then RAPIDLY press the block and release block and press block and release, can do 2 to 3 crushing shocks per 1 to 2 sec. Well at least for me on the PS4, we have no macros and stuff like that.
    ^^ this is still considered low firing rate by some, I'm still learning and some skills, animation cancel others perfectly while some can not be animation cancelled at all.

Yeah.. similar thing happens for me from time to time with my DK while comboing heavy attack and Wrecking Blow. With a split-second delay of the Wrecking Blow, I could be meshing the buttons a couple to a few times, and then when the Blow hits, it also rapidly follows up with like 3 consecutive swings or slices. Looks so cool. It is actually difficult to mimic it. I think it could be glitch or something and only happens on and off.. much like the glitch of those running on top of the mount. Now, for the sorcs as what this OP is trying to convey.. well, if they are able to repeatedly do it, then, hey.. At least for me, I haven't been able to do it with my sorc.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on July 6, 2017 4:13PM
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    The issue always seems to be ZOS getting the information in the first place.

I think for 3 main reasons here.

ZOS do almost no testing themselves, or are incompetent at it.

Too many players have squandered enough time reporting bugs for nothing to be done;

I dont feel inclined to pay for a game to police the game and spend my personal time in writing bug reports, sending videos etc. Process was always awkward and was recently changed to be MORE awkward in reporting a player.

And the 3 bugs i have sent in to Z0$ on tickets were not addressed. So i wont waste anymore of my time and money doing ZOS work for them.

Even when i clearled ran into a bug in IC, a grate can fall through and be stuck in enteranl combat because mobs above you and cant /stuck or get out of it.
    I lost 50% of my Telvar that day + my time wasted in reporting the bug with video evidence also. Can still fall down that grate and i didnt get any of my telvar back.

So i buy the game. Buy extra DLC. Play said DLC but through no fault of my own i lose items i had played for. I got nothing back = waste of my time.

Additionally on the IC res exploit that has been reported and reported and reported. Still nothing done about it and players are exploiting a DLC PvP zone having negative effects on countless players.

& @Turelus - I cant see why your continually encouraging players to squander there playtime. Maybe best encouraging ZOS (The company getting paid to 'make' the game) to test the content before releasing it.

Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking bets on who 1vX'd him, and I bet it was a DC sorc.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope i dont get into trouble for posting this, but there ARE several youtube videos demonstrating how to macro.
    I personally have a mechanical keyboard with 6 G keys that allow programming. I dont know how to do it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpZa4c-WZoE

I cant watch vids on my work computer, but I think this is the one to which I was referring earlier.

That's fine.. He's not breaking any GCD's.. just macroing a barswap/cast/barswap.. Its no faster than doing it manually, has no flexibility like if you want to stay on the other bar rather than swap back, and I can see it getting screwy when its laggy.. you can compensate for that manually but not with a macro using set delay intervals.

I don't macro in ESO, I don't see the point.. I can easily reach and use all my skills/abilities without having to take my hand away from WASD.. Other games I have... older MMO's which have 3-5 bars full of 10 skills each, many with cooldowns... and you use them all... there's a definite advantage to macro's there.. but not here though.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    All the people crying about macroing/whatever when theres a global cooldown which can NOT be circumvented - priceless

You can't write and fire off a macro to reproduce an animation cancel of a couple of attacks?

To explain where the disconnect is:

You cannot simultaneously cast crushing shock and hardened ward. There must be time in between the use of skills. A macro can be used so that you press a button (for simplicity, 1) and have the keystrokes read as pressing one, left click and 4 (your shield) in sequence. Note, I said in sequence. You could, of course, set macros to spam your one and 4 key together, but it would not cast both at once.

Macros can't rewrite code. It just won't work that way.

And then there are some people that think it can, but can never seem to replicate it.

So you can't write a macro to account for the small gap in time necessary? The sequence you spoke of. So in theory all you need to do is press one key and you pull off a small attack combo.
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the people crying about macroing/whatever when theres a global cooldown which can NOT be circumvented - priceless

You can't write and fire off a macro to reproduce an animation cancel of a couple of attacks?

You cannot simultaneously cast crushing shock and hardened ward. There must be time in between the use of skills. A macro can be used so that you press a button (for simplicity, 1) and have the keystrokes read as pressing one, left click and 4 (your shield) in sequence. Note, I said in sequence. You could, of course, set macros to spam your one and 4 key together, but it would not cast both at once.

And then there are some people that think it can, but can never seem to replicate it.

So you can't write a macro to account for the small gap in time necessary? The sequence you spoke of. So in theory all you need to do is press one key and you pull off a small attack combo.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Are you asking if I can press one key and have it activate ten attacks? Sure can: not at once, which is what people think it does.

I hold left click I can chain a million heavy attacks back to back. Exact same situation.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 6, 2017 4:31PM
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This man wins the thread.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not on PC with the doubt that it can be Macro's etc.

But REALLY, blaming misuse of a Destro skill just on Sorc's..... come on. the Anti Sorc camp arguments are getting weaker and weaker.

Anyway tho, if it helps i'm on Xbox and repeatedly get hit by multiple things ,often from stamina players, heavy attacks and skill attacks impossibly close together - so its not just macro's, not just sorcs and not just PC - however lag and AV play a huge part so who knows .
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm a video would be nice rather than trusting your blind accusations.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is an internal global cooldown on skills of 1 second. even if you macro a animation cancel you cant beat the cooldown lol ..

So many people wrong in here. There is no maco 5 attacks. you probably got hit bu a crushing shock that is 3x attacks + an enchant + a proc and a light attack or something that landed the same time.

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    A few posts in this thread have gotten removed for violating the forum rules regarding naming and shaming. If you think someone is violating the Terms of Service by exploiting, please report them in game or through support by submitting a ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought it was obvious macros can't rewrite code. Guess I was wrong. Hope people now understand why macro's are garbage on ESO, situations in a fight can change within a second, a macro isn't going to help you when you need to be reactive to varying situations. The only macro that may possibly be useful is being able to spam all 3 shields B2B2B with the use of one key but even that has issues cause you'll soon be out of magicka if everytime you're under pressure you're hitting all 3 shields.

Asgari stated it perfectly just above ^^^
    Edited by Magıc on July 6, 2017 4:48PM
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »
    There is an internal global cooldown on skills of 1 second. even if you macro a animation cancel you cant beat the cooldown lol ..

So many people wrong in here. There is no maco 5 attacks. you probably got hit bu a crushing shock that is 3x attacks + an enchant + a proc and a light attack or something that landed the same time.

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.

Don't be silly. People will sooner believe that all sorcs are exploiters.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.

You remind me of those people who swore out that it was just naturally high ultimate regeneration when those videos started popping of people casting Meteor 8 to 10 times back after back. Lmao. You keep believing that there is no foul play at hand. :D
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.

Sad thing is, OP is a sorc main. Not a very good one mind you, he's a big boss sorc, but he is a nice guy to be fair to him. This is the first time I've seen him react like this after a death in Cyro. Usually he gets on with it. My guess is this DC sorc 1vX'd him, like he destroyed that one Swiss guy who tried to name and shame on this thread about 10 seconds into a duel and he got triggered.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.

You remind me of those people who swore out that it was just naturally high ultimate regeneration when those videos started popping of people casting Meteor 8 to 10 times back after back. Lmao. You keep believing that there is no foul play at hand. :D

I knew about CE since Beta, but i also know that right now there is nothing PS4 users and PC users are using that mimic the same thing besides lag.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.

When it comes to macros and global cool downs, no, there is no foul play. Even with CE, those meteors had a 1 second cooldown.
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope i dont get into trouble for posting this, but there ARE several youtube videos demonstrating how to macro.
    I personally have a mechanical keyboard with 6 G keys that allow programming. I dont know how to do it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpZa4c-WZoE

I cant watch vids on my work computer, but I think this is the one to which I was referring earlier.

That's fine.. He's not breaking any GCD's.. just macroing a barswap/cast/barswap.. Its no faster than doing it manually, has no flexibility like if you want to stay on the other bar rather than swap back, and I can see it getting screwy when its laggy.. you can compensate for that manually but not with a macro using set delay intervals.

I don't macro in ESO, I don't see the point.. I can easily reach and use all my skills/abilities without having to take my hand away from WASD.. Other games I have... older MMO's which have 3-5 bars full of 10 skills each, many with cooldowns... and you use them all... there's a definite advantage to macro's there.. but not here though.

Hey, thanks for sharing the clip. Although, it seems kind of trivial that he keeps bringing up, oh, would it be fair, would it be advantage.. over others who do not have macro capability. Ha ha. Ahh, good to know. You learn new things everyday with ESO, no matter how long you have been playing. Nice.. macros, check engines, what else.. That's it, I'm switching to PC for this game!
    Options
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANYTHING EVER GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS [PC/EU]

I BET MOST KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND NO ITS NOT FROM LAG ETC ITS THESE SORCS WITH 25K SHIELDS AND MACRO'ING ALL SKILLS TO FIRE OFF AT ONCE

I lay dead and watched a Sorc do his rotation and CLEARLY he was managing to get off skills at such a fast pace its impossible to do any other way

Crushing Shock, takes me at least 2-3 seconds to fire off 2 , not this guy, 3 IN A SECOND - EXPLAIN

I normally dont care but enough is enough

I understand your frustration. I've fought recently a magsorc who was obviously cheating in battlegrounds. There is something unclear and suspicious about some players in this game.

He killed me instantly with many skills in less than one second. He did the same with the others players in my team this day.

I've reported this player, and I got only an automatic answer from customer service telling me to add this player on ignore list. I'm disappointed to see Zenimax is not taking seriously reports for cheating.

(I was full health before he one shot me)
    220937magsorccheater.png

Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.

Sad thing is, OP is a sorc main. Not a very good one mind you, he's a big boss sorc, but he is a nice guy to be fair to him. This is the first time I've seen him react like this after a death in Cyro. Usually he gets on with it. My guess is this DC sorc 1vX'd him, like he destroyed that one Swiss guy who tried to name and shame on this thread about 10 seconds into a duel and he got triggered.

Teehee, yeah not the best but even I know when someone is doing something dodgy to get an upper hand
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shazah wrote: »

I BET MOST KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND NO ITS NOT FROM LAG ETC ITS THESE SORCS WITH 25K SHIELDS AND MACRO'ING ALL SKILLS TO FIRE OFF AT ONCE

I lay dead and watched a Sorc do his rotation and CLEARLY he was managing to get off skills at such a fast pace its impossible to do any other way

Crushing Shock, takes me at least 2-3 seconds to fire off 2 , not this guy, 3 IN A SECOND - EXPLAIN

I understand your frustration. I've fought recently a magsorc who was obviously cheating in battlegrounds. There is something unclear and suspicious about some players in this game.

He killed me instantly with many skills in less than one second. He did the same with the others players in my team this day.

I've reported this player, and I got only an automatic answer from customer service telling me to add this player on ignore list. I'm disappointed to see Zenimax is not taking seriously reports for cheating.

220937magsorccheater.png

The death recaps are bugged since Morrowind. You didnt see the heavy attack or the CF probably and maybe even another attack. The recap doesn't show half the things that hit you or even the KB most of the time.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chill out.
    Learn the mechanics.
    Git Gud.

Teehee, yeah not the best but even I know when someone is doing something dodgy to get an upper hand

Well it's a fact that there is a global cooldown on skills. So I'm not sure what you're trying to claim he's done wrong.

Asgari explained the usual combo you've probably been hit by.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@JamieAubrey i love you vex.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazah wrote: »

220937magsorccheater.png

The death recaps are bugged since Morrowind. You didnt see the heavy attack or the CF probably and maybe even another attack. The recap doesn't show half the things that hit you or even the KB most of the time.

Not in this case.
    Even if it was a bug, it don't explain how all his skills hit me at the same for one shot me, litteraly my health at 100% dropped to 0% instantly. (same situation for others players in my team fews seconds later).
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEXPLOITING ORCS

DIDNT THINK OF THAT ONE NOW DID YA
    Edited by Voxicity on July 6, 2017 5:25PM
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Are you asking if I can press one key and have it activate ten attacks? Sure can: not at once, which is what people think it does.

I hold left click I can chain a million heavy attacks back to back. Exact same situation.

Can a macro be written, taking in account the global cool down, which would essentially make an animation canceling combo, block casting, etc, essentially a 100% guaranteed success?

The same way players can "manually" animation cancel, can't a macro be written to do the same thing without the possibility of error because all it requires is one key press?
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can a macro be written, taking in account the global cool down, which would essentially make an animation canceling combo, block casting, etc, essentially a 100% guaranteed success?

The same way players can "manually" animation cancel, can't a macro be written to do the same thing without the possibility of error because all it requires is one key press?

In a lag free environment, yes! Just remember you have to program the timing of your macro. As others said, if your ping drops you lose out to manual input, if it raises your macro won't work right. That, and if you take the example I gave (CS, LA, ward combo) and activate it when your shields are full, you wasted a bunch of magicka.

The short answer to your question: yes, if your ping is stable over the course of your entire play period, it will be better than manual input on timing alone.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 6, 2017 5:15PM
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note about crushing shock - it does do damage from 3 different elements - are you seeing those as three separate hits perhaps?
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a lag free environment, yes! Just remember you have to program the timing of your macro. As others said, if your ping drops you lose out to manual input, if it raises your macro won't work right. That, and if you take the example I gave (CS, LA, ward combo) and activate it when your shields are full, you wasted a bunch of magicka.

The short answer to your question: yes, if your ping is stable over the course of your entire play period, it will be better than manual input on timing alone.

It's impossible to have stable ping over 5 minutes, let alone over a long period of time.

Again, exactly why macro's suck in this game.
    Edited by Magıc on July 6, 2017 5:18PM
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's impossible to have stable ping 5 minutes, let alone over a long period of time.

Again, exactly why macro's suck in this game.

I know that :)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 6, 2017 5:18PM
    Options