EXPLOITING SORCS

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkof wrote: »
    Everyone is discussing macros when I have heard (and it doesn't sound impossible) that as ZOS updates and changes things in order to combat things such as Cheat Engine, someone goes and updates Cheat Engine to keep it working.

Can anyone honestly say CE use has been eradicated from ESO?

you see this, kiddo?
    imgur.com/a/Ct58p

IT DOES NOT WORK, NOT EVEN IN SAFE ENVIROMENT LIKE OWN HOSE AGAINST A TARGET SKELETON, LET ALONE IN CYRODIIL
    Due to l a g
    do you even know what lag means?
    Anyway I'm done here, too much stupid....makes my blood boil

You're weak
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few occasions of lag when even grinding CP overland. I keep pushing buttons, nothing happens, then suddenly I hit with a ton at once, and it even looks like hyper speed (maybe even ludicrous speed) onscreen. I've also had mobs frozen in place for a few seconds, then suddenly they are by me and almost all my health is gone. It's rare, but it has happened.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS just needs to raise the global cooldown for all player abilities and NPCs abilities . Might give the server more time to think and reduce server strain . I notice games with longer cast times lag less then ESO .
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can block cancel crushing shock to make it hit faster. If you cast it normally and then block cancel the second one they'll hit about .5s apart, so toss in a little lag and you've got your double hit.

How OP got hit by three has me confused. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between six hits (from two shocks) plus wep enchants and nine hits from three shocks.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    You can block cancel crushing shock to make it hit faster. If you cast it normally and then block cancel the second one they'll hit about .5s apart, so toss in a little lag and you've got your double hit.

How OP got hit by three has me confused. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between six hits (from two shocks) plus wep enchants and nine hits from three shocks.

3x CS, BEAM, BEAM, BEAM

I see all 3 beams one after the other, no delay, usually its like BEAM...BEAM...BEAM a short delay but enough to notice verses the beambeambeam ( if this makes sense ) ( in my head it does )
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2P they are not macroing... BUT you aren't wrong about the 25k shield
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    25k shield is not an exploit, Marcos actually make your abilities go off slower and you have no idea what your talking about.

Marco's a terrible person then.

Dont tell these people Marcos is a person they are so stupid they'd believe it then all of a sudden in their minds two people are controlling one character doing 10 skills at once.
    Edited by JDC1985 on July 6, 2017 7:03PM
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People see bot trains running all the time but somehow believe macros don't work . Macros work fine and so do bots here . It's a little goofy to try to cover that up anymore don't you think .

It's like ground hog day. In some cases, same people, new accounts.... same propaganda.

Everyone is discussing macros when I have heard (and it doesn't sound impossible) that as ZOS updates and changes things in order to combat things such as Cheat Engine, someone goes and updates Cheat Engine to keep it working.

Can anyone honestly say CE use has been eradicated from ESO?

Your answer is buried in the following text I copied from another thread. In short, of course not. Even ZoS, who holds all the data, can't keep up with cheaters.

To make a long story short, almost everyone that followed your path [arguing impossibility] disappeared after the cheat engine bans and didn't reappear until the bans were lifted. It amounts to propaganda, makes no sense as an argument and in any case has been debunked multiple times on this forum.

Instead of starting the cycle, let me just describe to you how the whole cycle goes.

Player A: "Hey everyone, did you hear that Player Z is using a macro to perform better?"

Player B: "Yeah, I hear he can defeat the cooldown."

Players C, D, E and F to Player A: "Impossible, you moron! You can't macro in this game. Even if you could, skillful play performs better."

Players C, D, E and F to Player B: "You're a moron, too."

Player A: "Huh? Who ever argues something is impossible? And how would you know? Did you try it?"

Player C and D : "Um, absolutely not, at least one person from ZoS said that is against ToS and can lead to a ban. Uh, I heard it from someone else." [E and F disappear from the thread.]

Player A: "What? Who told you that?"

Player C and D : "I can't tell you. It's a friend and I don't want to get them in trouble."

Player A: "Let me get this straight. You argued that something is impossible and called me a moron because you heard from someone you can't identify that it was impossible and did the same in response to others. I mean, YOU haven't even tried it. Why would you care so much?"

Player C: "Um, because, giving bad information, it's... um bad?" [player D disappears from the thread].

Player A: "What exactly did your friend say? It wasn't possible using Razer or Logitech? Or wasn't possible scripting lua directly? How many platforms did he try? And why would something you can do yourself not work just as well with a macro? Like if someone recorded their own play and then used it instead. I mean, both are just signals from a computer, right? How about Player X who said he can make macros using cheat engine that let you do all sorts of crazy things, even fly?"

Player C: "I'm done with this thread, if you can't accept the truth what's the point!"

Let's start by base lining game mechanics.

Action clipping is based on a hierarchy. In order of increasing precedence, the hierarchy is: basic attacks --> abilities --> block/bash/weapon swap.

Unless ZoS implemented a global cooldown while I wasn't paying attention, there is no GCD, only local cooldowns. The local cool downs are based on groupings and you can't clip an animation until the local cool down ends. It varies from about .4 seconds to around 1 second.

For example, all weapon classes have the same CD for differentiating LA/MA/HA (MA=non-fully charged HA). Abilities are also pooled into different groups for purposes of the local CD. There is also another set of cool downs that is closer to the definition of a GCD. For example, all food and drink is on a single cool down and there is nothing that can be clipped to shorten the duration.

All of this information is available in this forum.

I'm going to take this even deeper so that I don't have to answer propagandists on a situation by situation basis.

You can't beat the local cooldowns manually. It appears they can only be beaten by hack programs like cheat engine used in combination with macros or with certain 'same timestamp' macros. I haven't come across any information on how it works, but it does. ZoS found a way to detect cheat engine and then bans began. Suddenly, the great players on PC almost universally became mediocre. Not long after, multiple players posted that the cheat engine makers patched the program and ZoS' detection no longer worked...

As to the successful macro argument, the lag issue used to be the front line of defense for macro users in their propaganda war for a long time in the history of this game. Three things have caused that line of reasoning to stop completely (until now). First, console PvP is a different world than PC , and you won't run into anyone who hops from rock to rock backwards while flawlessly animation cancelling LA ->Ability->Bash. Second, when the cat was let out of the bag wrt cheat engine, players started posting all their secrets, some in this forum. Third, it became apparent that some video makers posted videos that did not show any of the "great play" you would see when facing them.

Although not exactly relevant to this discussion, during the double mundus exploit period, a video maker deemed a "great player" made a video in which he put a big black box over the part of his UI that showed his mundus... As you might guess, he faded into obscurity.

What are the secrets to making macros unaffected by lag?

It's all here in the forum archives. This is old hat.

One technique is based on the fact that ZoS servers will not dock you for requesting a restricted action and will immediately enact the follow-up requested action as if the the first request were never made. By using one or more abilities with a restriction in sequence with one or more abilities that have a different restriction or no restriction, the available action is automatically played out. One player added that if you put a minimal delay between actions so the macro cycled every tenth of a second or less, the macro was always better than player reaction because of the innate human reaction time to visual stimulus which is about 0.2 seconds.

For example, macroing crit rush (minimum range restriction) with most melee skills (5-7 meter maximum range restriction) with a 0.1 second delay would mean you always stay on target and use the available skill regardless of what you see on your screen. I think on reddit, someone showed that ultimates followed the same behavior and can be added to the cycling macro. Someone else showed a way to call a different macro if crit charge fired so that you could expand the chain to something like crit charge-->LA-->incap-->executioner. So if you see something like that in your recap, and all the damage squeezes into 1.5sec consistently, yeah...

Someone revealed that macros can be written to vary delays based on network and game server latency using a call of some sort. I don't recall how that works exactly, but apparently it was the basis for cheat engine macros. This was in a Youtube video where the video maker "forgot" to remove the audio stream of a player in his PvP group.

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS just needs to raise the global cooldown for all player abilities and NPCs abilities . Might give the server more time to think and reduce server strain . I notice games with longer cast times lag less then ESO .
    We could always go the route EVE Online did with time dilation. Slow time down to 10% of actual time so the sever can organise and deal with information at a steady pace.

Everyone would be fine playing in 10% of real time right? :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    It's not just PC, but PS4-NA as well. There's a known DC player who's name rhymes with "dusty" that uses a Sorc, and somehow manages to keep his shields up 24/7, light attack, constantly jump around nonstop, and C-Frag. All while using crushing shocking. Rumor has it that he's been reported by tons of people, but still has not been banned, and how he swears that people just neee to "git gud".

Yeah rymes with "dusty according to him", maybe...

Macros on ps4 are plenty easy enough too.
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 seconds for a crushing shock...

How bad is your internet?
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Wreuntzylla is correct, then I should be able to take my standard rotation, macro it to a small delay between key presses, and have my DPS skyrocket in tests with a target dummy. They are saying there is no global cooldown and the local cooldown is so small, I can get in more actions than by manually pushing keys. So why didn't it work when I tested on PTS?
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 seconds for a crushing shock...

How bad is your internet?

Terrible

6434278548.png
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    As ZOS tried with CP, they should try to run pvp without any addon possible for a week. There are some really shady addons out there...
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i were zos i would headhunt the dude that created cheat engine and hire him on a salary he cant refuse but wtf do i know
    Edited by Malamar1229 on July 6, 2017 8:35PM
    Options
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    It's lag affecting staves right now. There was a post about it yesterday I believe. Tested it with my magblade on some trash mobs and experienced it.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    G0ku wrote: »
    As ZOS tried with CP, they should try to run pvp without any addon possible for a week. There are some really shady addons out there...

I really can't believe ZOS has left Miat's addon working all this time.
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭

Miat is only the tip of the iceberg and the fact that some people who consider themselves "elite" have been running it long time until it went public rises even more suspicions.

And yea I consider it very sloppy on the side of ZOS that they seem to not look deeper in what addons people are using...
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Miat is only the tip of the iceberg and the fact that some people who consider themselves "elite" have been running it long time until it went public rises even more suspicions.

And yea I consider it very sloppy on the side of ZOS that they seem to not look deeper in what addons people are using...

This. I find it so funny that people defend the game with all their heart stating what's possible and impossible. After the CE came to light on a more widespread basis I'm no longer believing in the game's integrity. Nobody (well the cheat authors do know) knows what is done server side or client side, what is accessible or not, and so nobody can say that things are impossible.

There are really good players. Sure. And then there are cheaters. I stopped caring though. As soon as you refuse to take part in Cyrodiil as a giant ego stroke show it becomes much more enjoyable. Before I die the cheater has already outplayed another person - himself.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

This. I find it so funny that people defend the game with all their heart stating what's possible and impossible. After the CE came to light on a more widespread basis I'm no longer believing in the game's integrity. Nobody (well the cheat authors do know) knows what is done server side or client side, what is accessible or not, and so nobody can say that things are impossible.

There are really good players. Sure. And then there are cheaters. I stopped caring though. As soon as you refuse to take part in Cyrodiil as a giant ego stroke show it becomes much more enjoyable. Before I die the cheater has already outplayed another person - himself.

People know what macro's can and can't do. And all they can do is simulate keypresses. You can manually mash '1' 3 times in a second or you can get a macro to simulate hitting '1' 3 times in a second - the results are the same - a single cast of the ability bound to "1".

Nobody is denying that cheatengine exists/has existed. Whether it currently works or not, I don't know.. But CheatEngine is a VERY different thing to macro's - something which I assume involves replacing some ESO client executables with its own. People seem to confuse this a lot.

On the subject of Miats... have you seen the latest press release from Zos on the next DLC? It looks like they are adding MORE stuff to the base game to alert you to incoming.. I think Miat's could well be the way they want the base to go - which could explain why they have never fully stopped it. fwiw, I don't agree with the concept of the alerts in Miats as it massively impacts my favourite playstyle/build - but it just seems to be the way the game is going.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123

I was not referring to macros specifically. I meant the broader context. You just can't know how much the game has been breached. As taking away NB cheese ganks I'm all for it ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/357588/coolest-rotation-ever
    So today I was helping a group siege a keep. Got inside. I'm mashing buttons like mad. My character then fires up ability after ability in a super fast flash of a light and then I die. Someone whispers me: coolest rotation ever! Never seen someone fire up skills this quick. I'm new and I wonder what build you use.

My face when I had to tell him that my build is LAG...LAG...LAG... All the animations decided to fire up at the same time after like 10 seconds from trying to activate the first one... Aaaaaand as of then it just keeps happening if there is more than 2 players on screen.

Thank you ZOS... You made me look like a god today :)
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed to see Zenimax is not taking seriously reports for cheating.

You will only ever see an automated response like that to a cheat accusation. They have to abide by certain data protection laws, and because you are complaining about another player they aren't allowed to discuss what they are doing about them or their account, so all you will get is an automated response. It doesn't mean they aren't doing anything about it.
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think macroing is especially common with sorcerers in PvP and that's usually where you encounter it the most, since it works well for immediately animation cancelling a lot of their skills, but that being said, it is very easy to line up 3 or 4 attacks to hit at the same time, and really only requires a little bit of practice to pull off. I have played against a few macroers who say that they are not violating the ToS, despite it clearly stating "one click = one action" as well as disallowing the use of any programs that augment/control your abilities.

The only thing you can really do is report the players whom you suspect of foul play and hope that ZOS actually does something about it, since it seems like they are unable to detect macroing ingame, especially considering how commonplace it is. I feel like they could be far better at upholding their own ToS, rather than depending so much on player reports.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »
    Macro is Animationcanceling with 100% success rate.
    If you do Animationcanceling yourself as a human, you won't always holding this success rate up to 100%.

I feel so special reading this thread you guys gonna make me cry :joy:

I am a "beast" then? B)
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not lag/macro slice/etc

You can clearly see 1 sorc spamming skills and managing to keep shields UP AT ALL TIMES

I CAN'T EVEN DO THIS, Its either spam my shields to stay alive or try to use skills and die, all while being attacked by 10+ but if it was the enemy sorc with 10+ he manages to keeps shields UP ALWAYS

He could be using sets with shields. Iceheart, Combat Physician, and Torug's pact/Infused Weapon with shield proc, so he can continue to spam while shields are up constantly.
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I hope i dont get into trouble for posting this, but there ARE several youtube videos demonstrating how to macro.
    I personally have a mechanical keyboard with 6 G keys that allow programming. I dont know how to do it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpZa4c-WZoE

I cant watch vids on my work computer, but I think this is the one to which I was referring earlier.

That's fine.. He's not breaking any GCD's.. just macroing a barswap/cast/barswap.. Its no faster than doing it manually, has no flexibility like if you want to stay on the other bar rather than swap back, and I can see it getting screwy when its laggy.. you can compensate for that manually but not with a macro using set delay intervals.

I don't macro in ESO, I don't see the point.. I can easily reach and use all my skills/abilities without having to take my hand away from WASD.. Other games I have... older MMO's which have 3-5 bars full of 10 skills each, many with cooldowns... and you use them all... there's a definite advantage to macro's there.. but not here though.

Hey, thanks for sharing the clip. Although, it seems kind of trivial that he keeps bringing up, oh, would it be fair, would it be advantage.. over others who do not have macro capability. Ha ha. Ahh, good to know. You learn new things everyday with ESO, no matter how long you have been playing. Nice.. macros, check engines, what else.. That's it, I'm switching to PC for this game!

macro's are unfair i know how to macro like in this vid it takes less than a second to proc something on front bar 0.05 secs the animation is not shown because of it, in pvp it gives an unfair advantage to someone as they dont advertise they use it, with everyone else it will take around a sec to do, so yes its an unfair fair advantage, plus there is peeps like me who know how to proc entire bar to do a bar swap proc all on front bar and bk to bk bar in the same time so it is unfair
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

On the subject of Miats... have you seen the latest press release from Zos on the next DLC? It looks like they are adding MORE stuff to the base game to alert you to incoming.. I think Miat's could well be the way they want the base to go - which could explain why they have never fully stopped it. fwiw, I don't agree with the concept of the alerts in Miats as it massively impacts my favourite playstyle/build - but it just seems to be the way the game is going.

I myself am not sure exactly what you are referring to because I haven't read any press releases, so I am not saying you're wrong, but I find it very hard to believe whatever ZOS is adding to the game is remotely close to what Miat's addon does. Miat hated getting ganked, he thought that the game lacked (required) some hard counter. He had the skills and wherewithal to find the right APIs open and write an addon that literally tells him if someone is around while hidden, tells him when attack is incoming, and at one time (not sure if still is the case) gave him the name of the player and name of the incoming attack.

That's crazy. First, ZOS added stealth to the game, the addon neuters that. There ARE counters to stealth and being ganked, it's called constant awareness and building for it with heavy armor, impen, and health. The game is supposed to feature the risk of being ganked. Miat wants the risk taken away, use the build he wants to use, and without necessary awareness and preparedness, the addon will tell him when to watch out. There is literally no skill involved in that situation. The only skill required was Miat's in writing the addon. That's absolute bull[snip] and beyond me why ZOS has left it alone this long (let alone any other possible unscrupulous addons out there that aren't public).

Miat is a disgrace to nightblades everywhere and believe me, Master Splinter is livid.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I quit PvPing in Cyrodiil halfway into the Homestead patch. My Mag Sorc became strictly a PvE character. Honestly, all I see here now is clashing egos.

Whenever I PvPed it was purely solo, and I built for Open World because it was a lot of fun. I could beat or (against tanks) stalemate anyone including all of the best Mag Sorcs I fought against on my DW Mag Sorc and was notorious for it. Was I exploiting? How many people probably said I was a cheater because I was the only DW Mag Sorc left yet was still way too powerful with it since I rarely lost fights?

There was a time in the Orsinium patch where I 1vXed entire zergs down in the IC Sewers because I stacked high regen, allowing for fantastic mobility yet enough damage to burst ppl. Looking back on it, how many people probably thought I was cheating? Reliably making 60-100K AP an hour solo back in those days was normal for me but completely shocking to others. I recieved PMs asking for advice/friend requests and such but also recieved numerous PMs in that time cussing me out and simultaneously reporting me.

With all of these calls saying that if someone 1vXes or is fantastic at their class they must use CE, Macros, or a big exploit of some sort just kills the fun.

Is it possible that there are a handful of cheaters out there? Yes. On PS4 and Xbox if possible it'd be even less. Is everyone who has only played 1 class for 1.5+ years and knows how to flawlessly cast skills, 1vX, and often defeat most everyone in a 1v1 in Cyrodiil a cheater? No, I don't think so.

Someone post a video of a Mag Sorc casting 5 skills at once as is claimed. Lag is lag so that doesn't count. If there is an exploit, show video evidence of a cheater because I have yet to see it and I have played since console launch. To me it is sounding like clashing egos and an unwillingness to accept that someone you dislike could be great at the game since only ppl being hated on are being called cheaters rn. Perhaps there is an exploit, but so far it has all been back and forth about "this guy I knew who totally macroed/cheated" but zero evidence to show anything. Coincidentally only Mag Sorcs are being called out, who happen to be strong at 1vXing.

Skills always follow a 1sec GCD, so if that is being circumvented then prove it with a Vid that isn't lag-related. The only time a skill has skipped the GCD to my knowledge was Regeneration for a small period of time, which got patched. Claims of shields and Crushing Shock being casted and utterly skipping GCD are getting ridiculous. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 7, 2017 2:36PM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But...everyone knows you cheat @Vaoh ! How else could you possibly solo all those hard dungeons ;) ^^

You should get back into PvP. Who cares what people whisper. Rage tells are just a compliment.
    Options