Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind Was Clearly A Complete Disaster

Vercingetorix
Vercingetorix
✭✭✭✭✭
So, when is ZoS going to admit their mistake and revert the changes? They clearly didn't fix ANY issues. In fact, here's the sorry state the game is in since the release of Morrowind:

- ZoS remains silent, despite the NUMEROUS problems being posted daily about their defective product.
- Server stability is non-existent. For consoles, there's STILL unplayable endgame content and a 90% chance that Cyrodiil crashes you out of the game every night.
- Cyrodiil PvP is at an all-time low in terms of balance. Any player can grab a few set bonuses and melt a player instantly with a few buttons.
- PvE is NOT fast-paced anymore. It is repetitive and every fight requires monotonous use of holding down the HA button.
- There's little to no room for build diversity: Magic players MUST use a Lightning Staff and Stamina specs are still worthless in PvE endgame content.
- Medium weaving is effectively extinct.
- Nightblades are on life support with Scathing Mage. In a single random patch, Twisting Path could change to a DoT and the class dies.
- Wardens' Bear Ult is a damn joke. The bear has no taunt, has inept pathing, and the ult frequently misses.
- Warden has several situational, worthless passives, such as Glacial Presence & Icy Aura. By comparison, the Sorc has none and everything synergizes perfectly.
- Morrowind content is shallow and offers nothing for the long-run. Storyline is short enough to be missed if you blink too long.
- VIvec City might as well be Orsinium 2.0 with the amount of crashes and lag spikes you'll encounter.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's plenty more. WTF is going on at Zenimax Studios?
Edited by Vercingetorix on June 30, 2017 5:02PM
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl, everything you stated, except performance on consoles that i can't comment about, is partially or just flat out wrong (and medium weave, i'll give you that). Try again.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on June 30, 2017 11:31PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • derpmander
    derpmander
    ✭✭✭
    - PvE is NOT fast-paced anymore. It is repetitive and every fight requires monotonous use of holding down the HA button.
    - There's little to no room for build diversity: Magic players MUST use a Lightning Staff and Stamina specs are still worthless in PvE endgame content.

Yeah, the sustain changes suck, but ZOS knows we all love to heavy attack for days I guess.

But, stamina being useless? No way. They do the highest DPS right now in endgame PvE. Mostly StaminaDK anyway.
    What Mechanics
    One Frag No Magicka - Magicka Sorcerer
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't speak for console so I'll set that aside.

The only point here I can agree with is the bear being useless.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE wasn't the same rotation of buttons as before?

It wasn't the same repeating pattern over and over and if you miss one button you lose dps?

PvE?

What makes you think facing a script will not be repeated over and over?

It's PvE!

Oh well, I never found PvE to be a strain unless you do group content solo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - Nightblades are on life support with Scathing Mage. In a single random patch, Twisting Path could change to a DoT and the class dies.

While this isn't exactly a Morrowind issue, I'm still worried about this. It's exactly the kind of change that ZOS would make without understanding its significance. "We think magicka nightblades can benefit from many other strong sets in the game, and that Scathing Mage remains a good option for all classes," I can hear Wrobel saying on a future ESO Live. I worry they think that magicka nightblade is okay in PVE now just because they tweaked Grim Focus and increased Path's damage by a bit.

As it stands, Scathing is a niche set that is comparable to the other BIS sets on one class and one class only, and synergizes extremely well with that class's distinctives. That's called build diversity. That should stand.

That said, I don't see any reason to think that magblades will be kicked back out of their trial slots if Path is changed to no longer proc Scathing. Sure, we'll need to find something else to wear, but we have numerous new gear sets coming out in the next DLCs. I'd love to see something like a monster set that procs off magicka DOTs. Who knows what changes will come. (And depending on what changes get made in the next patches, my imaginary Wrobel quote above might turn out to be true.) Whatever happens, we'll adapt.
    Edited by casparian on June 30, 2017 9:17PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of this is just wrong, and other things are personal opinions. I say Morrowind was a success and I love the update very much.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree with most of this, there are a few things you are wrong about.

Magicka Nightblade is actually extremely and highly desired for trials right now. It's not on life support anymore. Its toolkit has become far more desirable for end-game.

Stamina builds are actually ALSO extremely and highly desired for trials right now. They pull the highest single target and aren't as squishy as they were pre-Morrowind so they're actually useful now.

But, yes, ZoS has made a huge mess with this patch. They decided to follow their plan of ignoring all their customers, and I hope they see now what a mistake that was.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magsorc necropotence build still king. Stam DK is now 2nd in command. Stam sorc tbf is still pretty powerful and has 0 sustain issues if using stormfist for some slightly higher regen.
    Morrowind story I got bored of. Questing in this game became tedious long ago. Too much run and talk, run and talk, run and talk..zzzz

Warden isn't that bad though. Bear is pants and needs reworking.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with everything you wrote.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes...complete disaster...more players than ever before. How dare they?

Realistically PvP is the same as it has always been, just the complaint of the week has changed is all
    Sustain changes ended up being marginal
    Server stability is fine, as it has always been
    No crashes in Vivec City

The other compaints are subjective
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr and often done read complete lists in a rant.

However, I did notice OP wrong on multiple points.

Stam is not dead with end game PvE. Some top groups have stam dps because they do well.

Medium weave was dead before Morrowind. Light weave lead to higher dps. Morrowind merely improved the light attack.

Further, alcast has posted some ideas for builds so the player can avoid the heavy attacks. Really great ideas. I do not think he considers them BiS but still solid builds.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Cyrodiil PvP is at an all-time low in terms of balance. Any player can grab a few set bonuses and melt a player instantly with a few buttons.
    PvP class balance is currently the best we ever got. And no player will beat me just cause they slot proc sets. period.
    Pve fights are almost about the same as they were before, or just like they were before if you gear up some extra sustian.
    Stam are definetly not worthless, as they have, in general, the best single target dmge and decent cleave, and are slowly crawling back to competitive groups.
    Yes
    I don't even. Mnbs are on a great spot.
    - Wardens' Bear Ult is a damn joke. The bear has no taunt, has inept pathing, and the ult frequently misses.
    Never was supposed to have a taunt, and ult never misses, can't evn be roll dodged. Bear is currently one of the best single target dmg ults, and quite good on duels. It does have it's issue tho, yes.
    - Warden has several situational, worthless passives, such as Glacial Presence & Icy Aura. By comparison, the Sorc has none and everything synergizes perfectly.
    ok?
    - Morrowind content is shallow and offers nothing for the long-run. Storyline is short enough to be missed if you blink too long.
    speak for yourself, i had a great time questing and exploring morrowind and i'm yet to even start to make serious attempt at vHof. And while bgs have it's issues they aren't even remotly as crippling as it's says on this forums. Yes, queues aren't that big a problem, get over yourself.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on June 30, 2017 5:50PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking as an Xbox1 console user i have to say OP is correct about the console crashes, i looked forward to Morrowind but the constant crashes in Vivec city were/are beyond the joke and far worse than anywhere else in the game. What should have been enjoyable gaming basically turned into drudgery to the point that i can't recall the last time (other than to craft shacklebreaker) that i went onto the island.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam is not dead with end game PvE. Some top groups have stam dps because they do well.

Medium weave was dead before Morrowind. Light weave lead to higher dps. Morrowind merely improved the light attack.

Further, alcast has posted some ideas for builds so the player can avoid the heavy attacks. Really great ideas. I do not think he considers them BiS but still solid builds.

Alcast is not representative of the player base. His group has all optimized setups with an army of orbs and millions of gold to buy poisons for DPS.

Even if you "spec for regen", you still have to use HA. That defeats the purpose of the patch - the point was to choose between sustain and damage. With how it is now, speccing for regen only lowers your damage and your sustain remains trash no matter what.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marrowind has the best caves .
  • kunquatb16_ESO
    kunquatb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The long term effects of everything regarding Morrowind are unquantifiable, but certainly negative.
    From the bait and switch for crown/ESO+, to the lack of accessibility (fake doors, inaccessible areas), to the bugged content, to the lack of content vs a DLC, to the lack of feedback or acknowledgement from Zos of issues, to the arbitrary changes to housing, to "rebalancing" that at best, changed which builds were OP rather than actually increasing balance, at worst decreased balance, to the lack of a clear vision of how ESO should go forward from Zos. (Example: Will it be a true MMORPG, or more of a single player with online interaction game?)

Morrowind has been and will continue to be an increasing and unmitigated disaster. Zos need to radically rethink the way they do things to reverse this.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    Speaking as an Xbox1 console user i have to say OP is correct about the console crashes, i looked forward to Morrowind but the constant crashes in Vivec city were/are beyond the joke and far worse than anywhere else in the game. What should have been enjoyable gaming basically turned into drudgery to the point that i can't recall the last time (other than to craft shacklebreaker) that i went onto the island.

Kind of difficult to enjoy the "content" everyone claims is good when you can't stay logged in for more than an hour at best. Cyrodiil isn't even an option for me anymore. HoF is pointless because the best sets are STILL found elsewhere. In the 5 guilds that I'm in, each one has lost AT LEAST half of their roster (one is pretty much dead). Their rosters were 300-400 players... Getting a group to do anything takes a good portion of the night, then we all are finally ready, lag starts....
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, when is ZoS going to admit their mistake and revert the changes? They clearly didn't fix ANY issues. In fact, here's the sorry state the game is in since the release of Morrowind:

- ZoS remains silent, despite the NUMEROUS problems being posted daily about their defective product.
    - Server stability is non-existent. For consoles, there's STILL unplayable endgame content and a 90% chance that Cyrodiil crashes you out of the game every night.
    - VIvec City might as well be Orsinium 2.0 with the amount of crashes and lag spikes you'll encounter.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's plenty more. WTF is going on at Zenimax Studios?

@Vercingetorix

What is the "unplayable" end-game content on consoles? I've run vHoF, vMoL, vSO, vAA, vHRC, Maelstrom, vRoM HM, vCoS HM, vICP HM, and vWGT HM (most of them numerous times) on XB1 and haven't had any serious issues. The state of the end-game content on console was vastly improved with Morrowind.

I also see little difference in PvE combat in general. On my magblade, my standard single-target rotation doesn't include any heavy attacks (but of course I use lightning heavies to cleave adds, as always). On my stamblade, I do a couple heavy attacks here and there but 90% of the rotation is the same. DPS has gone way up on both of those builds. My stamDK does a lot of heavy attacks ... but she always has, because she's a heavy attack build. My magsorc has been retired, because sorcs are corny and not 100% necessary this patch like they were in the past.

You can run Julianos or Twice-Born Star on a magblade and still put up great DPS. Nightblades in general are in a far better place than they have been in a long time. Not sure how this point makes any sense at all.

Stamina is not dead by a long shot. Stamina was dead in Homestead, and on life support before that. It's in a much better place now. The top vHoF score right now is a group with 2 stam builds (stamblade, stamDK). That hasn't been the case since 2016. Alcast streams a lot of vHoF runs on his stamplar, sometimes using a 2H build. Do you even play the game?

In my Trials guilds, sorcs are running poisons to sustain, which is a hurdle that no other build really needs to jump at this time. Despite all of the crying about OP sorcs (and they were OP in Homestead), they aren't that great now.

Not really sure how the Morrowind content differs much from say, Orsinium. And while I have crashed in Vivec City a couple of times, comparing it to Orsinium is asinine. I crashed in Orsinium every time I went there. I had multiple toons get stuck in crash loops that had to be moved out of the zone by ZOS. I was unable to complete writs for months. Vivec City's issues pale in comparison.

This seems like a lot of drama and whining that isn't based in reality.
    Edited by LiquidPony on June 30, 2017 5:40PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alcast is not representative of the player base. His group has all optimized setups with an army of orbs and millions of gold to buy poisons for DPS.

Even if you "spec for regen", you still have to use HA. That defeats the purpose of the patch - the point was to choose between sustain and damage. With how it is now, speccing for regen only lowers your damage and your sustain remains trash no matter what.

What alcast has provided to help others for sustain is not what his raid team uses. It's provided for players like the rest of us. You can walk around blindly and ignore information out there and keep complaining or you can try to enlighten yourself.

BTW, with alcast idea HA will he needed rarely. Refer to the previous sentences. The cost to dps with alcast idea is minimal. But it's a choice. Give his idea a test. Really try it out. Maybe come up with your own tweaks. Or you can continue with HAs cause it isn't going to change anytime soon.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their accounting department probably disagrees with you.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros: What's there has good content.
    Cons: Overpriced for its limited content and more importantly is a slap in the face for subscribers who chose not to get Morrowind. I have never subscribed but there's shady written all over it. I'd equate to a well orchestrates and marketed scam.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch was great with the exception of making PvP no CP, add a second CP campaign and we are in business.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying Morrowind very much, as well as the warden (with the bear). I'm also enjoying the combat changes. The PC EU server remains stable for me, including in Vivec City. I can't comment on PvP, console or any issues relating to competitive play.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Oh yes...complete disaster...more players than ever before. How dare they?

Realistically PvP is the same as it has always been, just the complaint of the week has changed is all
    Sustain changes ended up being marginal
    Server stability is fine, as it has always been
    No crashes in Vivec City

The other compaints are subjective

Lol more players than ever before? Other than the 1 over populated cp server in pvp all of the maps are pretty empty compared to pre patch.

There used to be lots of people dueling and hanging out by the dailys, but now they are usually empty most of the day.

Craglorn used to be busy and vibrant and is mostly empty also except for skyreach.

There used to be competition when farming for mats, but again most of the maps are empty compared to how they used to be and rarely see people farming anymore.

Zone chat has been quiet and now it takes much longer to sell things in capital traders because the population is just not there.

As far as server stability goes it gets worse with each patch and to say otherwise is just wrong. Dozens of threads everyday of people being disconnected, blue screened, lagged out, cant use abilities, etc. Its become such a common occurence that many people have either quit the game or have just accepted it since they refuse to do anything about it.

Not saying i dont love the game cause i do, but they really need to address these issues while they still have a fan base left. Getting customers is easy, its keeping them that takes some work. Theres quite a few games coming out in the fall and if they dont start doing something the population is going to keep dropping.

• Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand many of skilled players here found their way through the sustain changes, too bad casuals like me didn't and still have to heavy attack atleast several times every boss fight.

One more point - MagTanks fell between chairs, as its not possible to regain stamina from resourse sharing (nor there is any siphon for stam) so build diversity went further away from the horizon for tanks.

The proper tank build today is fat DK HP sponge made me abandon my DK tank build. Community was laughing at such builds before 14 patch kicked in. Suddenly its a new meta.

For heals the life also became harder. Yes, I admit I had endless pool of magicka before the patch if focused only on healing. But I was able to DPS for my remaining magicka pool while now I don't even have such a benefit.

Overall the builds narrowed into a tiny corridor. Elitists are on the rage for several acceptable builds only. Game became much worse for me, the casual player.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Rorfl, everything you stated, excpet performance on consoles that i can't comment about, is partially or just flat out wrong (and medium weave, i'll give you that). Try again.

nah, i thought he hit the nail on the head. It's obvious zenimax is trying but it's like they give up halfway through and we end up with a crude representation of what could be an excellent system.

If only they listened to feedback.. and took less than 6 months to make adjustments.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

As far as server stability goes it gets worse with each patch and to say otherwise is just wrong.

That depends entirely on an individual's personal experience, which in turn is likely to be based on what they do in the game as well as the platform/server they play on. I can hand on heart state that with my solo/cooperative non-competitive PvE playstyle and with no addons or guilds my experience of the PC EU server has been entirely positive since the PC launch and remains so now.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    I understand many of skilled players here found their way through the sustain changes, too bad casuals like me didn't and still have to heavy attack atleast several times every boss fight.

One more point - MagTanks fell between chairs, as its not possible to regain stamina from resourse sharing (nor there is any siphon for stam) so build diversity went further away from the horizon for tanks.

The proper tank build today is fat DK HP sponge made me abandon my DK tank build. Community was laughing at such builds before 14 patch kicked in. Suddenly its a new meta.

For heals the life also became harder. Yes, I admit I had endless pool of magicka before the patch if focused only on healing. But I was able to DPS for my remaining magicka pool while now I don't even have such a benefit.

Overall the builds narrowed into a tiny corridor. Elitists are on the rage for several acceptable builds only. Game became much worse for me, the casual player.

lol, you have to heavy attack a whole "several times" during a boss fight, eh? Sounds like an absolutely game-breaking turn of events.
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Kneighbors wrote: »

lol, you have to heavy attack a whole "several times" during a boss fight, eh? Sounds like an absolutely game-breaking turn of events.

I didn't say it's game breaking, but I think games today need to opt for a fast paced action. Morrowind slowed down my game. But I enjoy it much less. This way I totally abandon my DK tank build as you must be of a really bored gamer to play 70k DK build that deals no damage at all.
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Weaving isn't as bad as I first thought. The whole sticky abilities and stuff rarely happens. And when it does its for a few seconds so im not too concerned about that. BUt everything else you listed is just wrong haha