Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind Was Clearly A Complete Disaster

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    I understand many of skilled players here found their way through the sustain changes, too bad casuals like me didn't and still have to heavy attack atleast several times every boss fight.

One more point - MagTanks fell between chairs, as its not possible to regain stamina from resourse sharing (nor there is any siphon for stam) so build diversity went further away from the horizon for tanks.

The proper tank build today is fat DK HP sponge made me abandon my DK tank build. Community was laughing at such builds before 14 patch kicked in. Suddenly its a new meta.

For heals the life also became harder. Yes, I admit I had endless pool of magicka before the patch if focused only on healing. But I was able to DPS for my remaining magicka pool while now I don't even have such a benefit.

Overall the builds narrowed into a tiny corridor. Elitists are on the rage for several acceptable builds only. Game became much worse for me, the casual player.

lol, you have to heavy attack a whole "several times" during a boss fight, eh? Sounds like an absolutely game-breaking turn of events.

I didn't say it's game breaking, but I think games today need to opt for a fast paced action. Morrowind slowed down my game. But I enjoy it much less. This way I totally abandon my DK tank build as you must be of a really bored gamer to play 70k DK build that deals no damage at all.

Since when is it a tank's job to do damage?

Go try vHoF and tell me the tank's job is boring just because they're running high-health builds now.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Oh yes...complete disaster...more players than ever before. How dare they?

Realistically PvP is the same as it has always been, just the complaint of the week has changed is all
    Sustain changes ended up being marginal
    Server stability is fine, as it has always been
    No crashes in Vivec City

The other compaints are subjective

LOL

"Server Stability"

PC/EU and NA have had so many crashes and rollbacks the past few weeks and you're saying that's an example for stability? Right then.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand many of skilled players here found their way through the sustain changes, too bad casuals like me didn't and still have to heavy attack atleast several times every boss fight.

One more point - MagTanks fell between chairs, as its not possible to regain stamina from resourse sharing (nor there is any siphon for stam) so build diversity went further away from the horizon for tanks.

The proper tank build today is fat DK HP sponge made me abandon my DK tank build. Community was laughing at such builds before 14 patch kicked in. Suddenly its a new meta.

For heals the life also became harder. Yes, I admit I had endless pool of magicka before the patch if focused only on healing. But I was able to DPS for my remaining magicka pool while now I don't even have such a benefit.

Overall the builds narrowed into a tiny corridor. Elitists are on the rage for several acceptable builds only. Game became much worse for me, the casual player.

lol, you have to heavy attack a whole "several times" during a boss fight, eh? Sounds like an absolutely game-breaking turn of events.

I didn't say it's game breaking, but I think games today need to opt for a fast paced action. Morrowind slowed down my game. But I enjoy it much less. This way I totally abandon my DK tank build as you must be of a really bored gamer to play 70k DK build that deals no damage at all.

This comment doesn't make sense. If I'm reading properly, you abandoned your DK tank because you were not doing damage at all.

If your talking PvE all existing content could be tanked with the same build with the obvious exception of changing some CP. Only vHoF requires higher health due to the damage tanks will take. Further, if your doing serious damage as a tank your probably not setup as a serious tank for the vet and especially vet HM trial content. 4 man dungeons don't take much to tank.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo buddy this OP has a lot of inaccuracies. Aside from the battlegrounds matchmaking, Morrowind brought a lot of really good things (that function quite well) to the Tamriel table. The Warden class, for example, despite the fact that you paint them in a very dim light here, is exceptionally productive and proficient at a lot of things; they make great additions to most groups in a variety of settings, and the passives (including those that are claimed to be useless) are unique and all have their place. Vvardenfell itself is a large zone with plenty of content, pleasing aesthetics, a major nostalgia factor...

I say with absolute certainty that even without BGs, I got my money's worth so far. I want everything that was promised. But I am satisfied with basically everything but BGs. And let's be honest, the BGs themselves are well done, enjoyable, balanced pretty well relative to where pvp has been in the past... it's the matchmaking that sucks (and this is nothing new).
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and I must be playing a different Morrowind for ESO.
    I love the changes. I was able to solo my first world boss after the changes. I love the depth of the story in Morrowind. While I can agree it does seem a little high priced for the quality of work they put into even some of the smaller side quests overall I think it was very much worth it and would buy it again if given the opportunity.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, when is ZoS going to admit their mistake and revert the changes? They clearly didn't fix ANY issues. In fact, here's the sorry state the game is in since the release of Morrowind:

- ZoS remains silent, despite the NUMEROUS problems being posted daily about their defective product.
    - Server stability is non-existent. For consoles, there's STILL unplayable endgame content and a 90% chance that Cyrodiil crashes you out of the game every night.
    - Cyrodiil PvP is at an all-time low in terms of balance. Any player can grab a few set bonuses and melt a player instantly with a few buttons.
    - PvE is NOT fast-paced anymore. It is repetitive and every fight requires monotonous use of holding down the HA button.
    - There's little to no room for build diversity: Magic players MUST use a Lightning Staff and Stamina specs are still worthless in PvE endgame content.
    - Medium weaving is effectively extinct.
    - Nightblades are on life support with Scathing Mage. In a single random patch, Twisting Path could change to a DoT and the class dies.
    - Wardens' Bear Ult is a damn joke. The bear has no taunt, has inept pathing, and the ult frequently misses.
    - Warden has several situational, worthless passives, such as Glacial Presence & Icy Aura. By comparison, the Sorc has none and everything synergizes perfectly.
    - Morrowind content is shallow and offers nothing for the long-run. Storyline is short enough to be missed if you blink too long.
    - VIvec City might as well be Orsinium 2.0 with the amount of crashes and lag spikes you'll encounter.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's plenty more. WTF is going on at Zenimax Studios?

@Vercingetorix

What is the "unplayable" end-game content on consoles? I've run vHoF, vMoL, vSO, vAA, vHRC, Maelstrom, vRoM HM, vCoS HM, vICP HM, and vWGT HM (most of them numerous times) on XB1 and haven't had any serious issues. The state of the end-game content on console was vastly improved with Morrowind.

I also see little difference in PvE combat in general. On my magblade, my standard single-target rotation doesn't include any heavy attacks (but of course I use lightning heavies to cleave adds, as always). On my stamblade, I do a couple heavy attacks here and there but 90% of the rotation is the same. DPS has gone way up on both of those builds. My stamDK does a lot of heavy attacks ... but she always has, because she's a heavy attack build. My magsorc has been retired, because sorcs are corny and not 100% necessary this patch like they were in the past.

You can run Julianos or Twice-Born Star on a magblade and still put up great DPS. Nightblades in general are in a far better place than they have been in a long time. Not sure how this point makes any sense at all.

Stamina is not dead by a long shot. Stamina was dead in Homestead, and on life support before that. It's in a much better place now. The top vHoF score right now is a group with 2 stam builds (stamblade, stamDK). That hasn't been the case since 2016. Alcast streams a lot of vHoF runs on his stamplar, sometimes using a 2H build. Do you even play the game?

In my Trials guilds, sorcs are running poisons to sustain, which is a hurdle that no other build really needs to jump at this time. Despite all of the crying about OP sorcs (and they were OP in Homestead), they aren't that great now.

Not really sure how the Morrowind content differs much from say, Orsinium. And while I have crashed in Vivec City a couple of times, comparing it to Orsinium is asinine. I crashed in Orsinium every time I went there. I had multiple toons get stuck in crash loops that had to be moved out of the zone by ZOS. I was unable to complete writs for months. Vivec City's issues pale in comparison.

This seems like a lot of drama and whining that isn't based in reality.

True, stam is indeed in an 'ok' place. I did alot of high score runs on my stamplar last patch, doing 44k with frac. The rotation I use with this patch is clunkly resource *** with less survivability and am only doing 42k. I'm not thrilled with the changes.

It's not the changes I hate, it's the sloppy mess of a job they did incorporating the changes. If they want me to spend the currency of time that is my life on their product you can be damned certain the quality of the product is up for debate when being measured perportionately to the worthyness of my time.

With that said, I personally feel that recent changes to this product are less worth my time in a steady and linear decline, past->present.

• oaflet
    oaflet
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

As far as server stability goes it gets worse with each patch and to say otherwise is just wrong.

That depends entirely on an individual's personal experience, which in turn is likely to be based on what they do in the game as well as the platform/server they play on. I can hand on heart state that with my solo/cooperative non-competitive PvE playstyle and with no addons or guilds my experience of the PC EU server has been entirely positive since the PC launch and remains so now.

Ditto for me on PC NA, precisely the same play style. When I see these comments I'm never certain as to the extent of legitimacy, or if it just depends that much on which facets of the game players spend the most time. I suppose with my casual play style there could be a lot of bumps that I just don't hit.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Oh yes...complete disaster...more players than ever before. How dare they?

Realistically PvP is the same as it has always been, just the complaint of the week has changed is all
    Sustain changes ended up being marginal
    Server stability is fine, as it has always been
    No crashes in Vivec City

The other compaints are subjective

LOL

"Server Stability"

PC/EU and NA have had so many crashes and rollbacks the past few weeks and you're saying that's an example for stability? Right then.

Hm? I've experienced one crash since launch and no rollbacks.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, when is ZoS going to admit their mistake and revert the changes? They clearly didn't fix ANY issues. In fact, here's the sorry state the game is in since the release of Morrowind:

- ZoS remains silent, despite the NUMEROUS problems being posted daily about their defective product.
    - Server stability is non-existent. For consoles, there's STILL unplayable endgame content and a 90% chance that Cyrodiil crashes you out of the game every night.
    - Cyrodiil PvP is at an all-time low in terms of balance. Any player can grab a few set bonuses and melt a player instantly with a few buttons.
    - PvE is NOT fast-paced anymore. It is repetitive and every fight requires monotonous use of holding down the HA button.
    - There's little to no room for build diversity: Magic players MUST use a Lightning Staff and Stamina specs are still worthless in PvE endgame content.
    - Nightblades are on life support with Scathing Mage. In a single random patch, Twisting Path could change to a DoT and the class dies.
    - Wardens' Bear Ult is a damn joke. The bear has no taunt, has inept pathing, and the ult frequently misses.
    - Warden has several situational, worthless passives, such as Glacial Presence & Icy Aura. By comparison, the Sorc has none and everything synergizes perfectly.
    - Morrowind content is shallow and offers nothing for the long-run. Storyline is short enough to be missed if you blink too long.
    - VIvec City might as well be Orsinium 2.0 with the amount of crashes and lag spikes you'll encounter.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's plenty more. WTF is going on at Zenimax Studios?

@Vercingetorix

What is the "unplayable" end-game content on consoles? I've run vHoF, vMoL, vSO, vAA, vHRC, Maelstrom, vRoM HM, vCoS HM, vICP HM, and vWGT HM (most of them numerous times) on XB1 and haven't had any serious issues. The state of the end-game content on console was vastly improved with Morrowind.

I also see little difference in PvE combat in general. On my magblade, my standard single-target rotation doesn't include any heavy attacks (but of course I use lightning heavies to cleave adds, as always). On my stamblade, I do a couple heavy attacks here and there but 90% of the rotation is the same. DPS has gone way up on both of those builds. My stamDK does a lot of heavy attacks ... but she always has, because she's a heavy attack build. My magsorc has been retired, because sorcs are corny and not 100% necessary this patch like they were in the past.

You can run Julianos or Twice-Born Star on a magblade and still put up great DPS. Nightblades in general are in a far better place than they have been in a long time. Not sure how this point makes any sense at all.

Stamina is not dead by a long shot. Stamina was dead in Homestead, and on life support before that. It's in a much better place now. The top vHoF score right now is a group with 2 stam builds (stamblade, stamDK). That hasn't been the case since 2016. Alcast streams a lot of vHoF runs on his stamplar, sometimes using a 2H build. Do you even play the game?

In my Trials guilds, sorcs are running poisons to sustain, which is a hurdle that no other build really needs to jump at this time. Despite all of the crying about OP sorcs (and they were OP in Homestead), they aren't that great now.

Not really sure how the Morrowind content differs much from say, Orsinium. And while I have crashed in Vivec City a couple of times, comparing it to Orsinium is asinine. I crashed in Orsinium every time I went there. I had multiple toons get stuck in crash loops that had to be moved out of the zone by ZOS. I was unable to complete writs for months. Vivec City's issues pale in comparison.

True, stam is indeed in an 'ok' place. I did alot of high score runs on my stamplar last patch, doing 44k with frac. The rotation I use with this patch is clunkly resource *** with less survivability and am only doing 42k. I'm not thrilled with the changes.

It's not the changes I hate, it's the sloppy mess of a job they did incorporating the changes. If they want me to spend the currency of time that is my life on their product you can be damned certain the quality of the product is up for debate when being measured perportionately to the worthyness of my time.

With that said, I personally feel that recent changes to this product are less worth my time in a steady and linear decline, past->present.

@Vercingetorix

How do you have *less* survivability with the buff to Deadly Cloak and the change to Ironclad CP?

My stam toons all feel far more survivable than they've been in ages.
    Edited by LiquidPony on June 30, 2017 7:46PM
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go try vHoF and tell me the tank's job is boring just because they're running high-health builds now.

For vet trials the builds are 100% in defense. You don't need these builds for vet dungeons, specially non dlc ones. These builds are not even viable for this content. There's a huge difference between content and no reason to focus on vet trials builds as it is only very small part of the game. I have several trials builds but I still barely play trials. Why? Because I don't enjoy it, same like many other people. The fps drops are so bad there that it's really hard to enjoy. So if you are only bombing vet trials doesn't necessary means that most community does it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For vet trials the builds are 100% in defense. You don't need these builds for vet dungeons, specially non dlc ones. These builds are not even viable for this content. There's a huge difference between content and no reason to focus on vet trials builds as it is only very small part of the game. I have several trials builds but I still barely play trials. Why? Because I don't enjoy it, same like many other people. The fps drops are so bad there that it's really hard to enjoy. So if you are only bombing vet trials doesn't necessary means that most community does it.

@Kneighbors as I pointed out in a reply to your earlier post, tanks didn't need to change a thing outside of the obvious CP changes when tanking the existing content. Heck, it doesn't take much to tank 4 man dungeons and if you did it in dps gear before you be able to still do it. It easy.
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This comment doesn't make sense. If I'm reading properly, you abandoned your DK tank because you were not doing damage at all.

If your talking PvE all existing content could be tanked with the same build with the obvious exception of changing some CP. Only vHoF requires higher health due to the damage tanks will take. Further, if your doing serious damage as a tank your probably not setup as a serious tank for the vet and especially vet HM trial content. 4 man dungeons don't take much to tank.

My DK tank build had two handed sword on a backbar and I enjoyed dealing some damage in dungeons besides staying behind shield. Right now I don't have enough stamina for same gameplay style. I have to put some heavy attacks into rotation which makes the game so slow for me I can't even stand it. Tanking is normally is slowest role, but after the changes it simply became a turtle walk.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -_-
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My DK tank build had two handed sword on a backbar and I enjoyed dealing some damage in dungeons besides staying behind shield. Right now I don't have enough stamina for same gameplay style. I have to put some heavy attacks into rotation which makes the game so slow for me I can't even stand it. Tanking is normally is slowest role, but after the changes it simply became a turtle walk.

There is no reason for you to have less stamina unless your talking resources. With that we all deal with the resources. A HA here and there isn't that big of a deal.

If you changed your build to the high health build that's your problem because it's not necessary.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Everyone's play-style has to change to some extent every patch. This is not a new phenomenon, in ESO or in MMOs in general. Evolve or die. I, for one, don't really want to play the exact same game for years on end. Change is fun.

Obviously enjoyment is subjective, but the fact that you have to play differently now does not in and of itself make Morrowind a "failure" or make the patch bad.
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭

Wow, let's break it down a bit...

1. Crashes and lag in Cyrodiil have been present since Day 1 and since Zenimax hasn't fixed it yet, they probably never will.
    2. PvP will always be unbalanced with the current state of the game, this isn't new to the latest Update.
    3. PvE is slower, yes, but it's NOT "repetitive and every fight requires monotonous use of holding down the HA button". I can use a slew of abilities and go through my rotations on every character without having to constantly heavy attack. With the right rotation and recovery options you will still be able to play effectively.
    4. Yes, medium weaving is almost dead atm.
    5. Magic players are not forced into using a lightning staff, though Zenimax did push it that direction to make sure that more players use this kind of staff. For example, Dunmer DK will probably use a flame staff for the extra flame damage.
    6. Stam specs are definitely not worthless. My Stam Sorc is my best build. My Stam DK has insane DOT's and pulls great DPS. Alcast's Deathstroke build pulled over 49k in the Mantikora fight (Stam Sorc).
    7. The bear is indeed worthless, that Ultimate needs a serious overlook by the devs.
    8. The Warden has some weird passives, yes, but also some good/great ones. Nature's Gift = Good passive for example.
    9. I have not crashed a single time in Vivec City.

I do agree with you on some points, but a lot is just not in line with how I see/experience it.

And let me a little picky...

The combat/performance/technical side of the game is not due to the Morrowind expansion, it's due to the latest Update, which would have happened with or without Morrowind.

Just my two cents :)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Woo buddy this OP has a lot of inaccuracies. Aside from the battlegrounds matchmaking, Morrowind brought a lot of really good things (that function quite well) to the Tamriel table. The Warden class, for example, despite the fact that you paint them in a very dim light here, is exceptionally productive and proficient at a lot of things; they make great additions to most groups in a variety of settings, and the passives (including those that are claimed to be useless) are unique and all have their place. Vvardenfell itself is a large zone with plenty of content, pleasing aesthetics, a major nostalgia factor...

I say with absolute certainty that even without BGs, I got my money's worth so far. I want everything that was promised. But I am satisfied with basically everything but BGs. And let's be honest, the BGs themselves are well done, enjoyable, balanced pretty well relative to where pvp has been in the past... it's the matchmaking that sucks (and this is nothing new).

I have to disagree with getting your money's worth concerning BGs; it was a major selling point for them, and they rolled out a defective product. The foundation of BGs is matchmaking, when that doesn't work, the whole concept begins to fall apart.

Battlegrounds came out of the oven too soon, they just ain't right. I would not have bought the expansion if BGs were not included with it - there's not enough.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on June 30, 2017 8:09PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya its a disaster to the 45-65 regular posters here that complain about literally everything.

The millions of other players? Maybe not so much. Keep crying, its awesome.
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭

The frustrating part is that this single point here sums up the real issues of Group Finder bugs since Morrowind (and before), battleground bugs, and many other ACTUAL problems that aren't stated in your post.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Morrowind, however, agree the CP changes and balancing was completely unnecessary and off point.

Do I make due? Yes.

Do the changes make the game more interesting? Not really. They made bad players worse, and good players mildly annoyed.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from being quite small content-wise, Morrowind was fun.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    pvp really hasnt changed, new patch new meta. these 3 months will be procblade and warden.
    the first week or so everyone struggled, now everyone has tweaked theyre build and i dont see a difference at all. theres still infinite unkillable tanks, infinite sustain builds with high dmg, now its just done without cp. i have zero problem sustaining on my stam and magicka builds with a few tweaks to thw builds.
    i guess you could say Zos failed because nothing changed...
    Edited by Barbaran on June 30, 2017 8:22PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC and it's been pretty stable so I cant comment on console.

One issue I have is with the dual barred unreliable bear. It sucks...

"There's little to no room for build diversity: Magic players MUST use a Lightning Staff and Stamina specs are still worthless in PvE endgame content."

I agree with the diversity statement and that includes mag and stamina. PVP stamina is 2 hander and I believe DW is still preferred for PVE. Without diversity it gets old.

Balance in PVP has always been pretty bad and proc sets surely didn't start it..

I've been steering clear of Morrowind with my Warden until it clears out a bit so I can't comment there either. Too many people in one area for my taste.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree with most of this, there are a few things you are wrong about.

Magicka Nightblade is actually extremely and highly desired for trials right now. It's not on life support anymore. Its toolkit has become far more desirable for end-game.

Stamina builds are actually ALSO extremely and highly desired for trials right now. They pull the highest single target and aren't as squishy as they were pre-Morrowind so they're actually useful now.

But, yes, ZoS has made a huge mess with this patch. They decided to follow their plan of ignoring all their customers, and I hope they see now what a mistake that was.

I'll go a step further as far as stam sorcs are concerned and say they're pretty f'n tanky. Between Deadly Cloak and nearly 100% uptime on major resistance buffs I almost don't care that I don't have a shield.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bgs are trash(can't que with friends)

PvE a bore(nothing new there)

Procsets in no cp are out of control

But marrowind in it's self is fine the quest are eh the land is eh(not worth 40$)

If they ever fix the que and stop these games of 2v3v4 I'll be happy that all I really care about

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of this is just wrong, and other things are personal opinions. I say Morrowind was a success and I love the update very much.

@paulsimonps
    I would agree that morrowind as a whole is successful from a content standpoint. Battleground queuing still needs work, but the content itself is solid and something that has been needed for a while. Non-CP campaigns have def helped with lag. The new trial (minus last weeks nonsense) is pretty cool, and Vvardenfell is amazing.

What I will say is that I do not like the sustain changes. Infinite sustain was a big issue in PVP, and there is no doubt something needed done, but I think the current changes are hurting PVE. I might not be the best DPS out there, but I can play. Have I been able to adapt? Yep, not an issue. Pulling a touch less DPS than last patch by pushing half the buttons. Frankly, it is becoming tedious and monotonous. For the first time in 2 years, I am questioning whether or not I want to keep raiding.

I also spend a decent amount of time helping new players in this game. I love working with players on their rotations and helping them get more DPS. This patch is killing the noobs. These changes hurt them far more than the top players that are better able to adapt. I hope they pull back on some of the changes next patch.

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of this is just wrong, and other things are personal opinions. I say Morrowind was a success and I love the update very much.

@paulsimonps
    I would agree that morrowind as a whole is successful from a content standpoint. Battleground queuing still needs work, but the content itself is solid and something that has been needed for a while. Non-CP campaigns have def helped with lag. The new trial (minus last weeks nonsense) is pretty cool, and Vvardenfell is amazing.

What I will say is that I do not like the sustain changes. Infinite sustain was a big issue in PVP, and there is no doubt something needed done, but I think the current changes are hurting PVE. I might not be the best DPS out there, but I can play. Have I been able to adapt? Yep, not an issue. Pulling a touch less DPS than last patch by pushing half the buttons. Frankly, it is becoming tedious and monotonous. For the first time in 2 years, I am questioning whether or not I want to keep raiding.

I also spend a decent amount of time helping new players in this game. I love working with players on their rotations and helping them get more DPS. This patch is killing the noobs. These changes hurt them far more than the top players that are better able to adapt. I hope they pull back on some of the changes next patch.

What? It's impossible to "infinite Sustain" in pvp, ZoS even said the change was for PvE but yh let's blame pvp. And non cp has fixed nothing where do you peopl get ur info?

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Rorfl, everything you stated, excpet performance on consoles that i can't comment about, is partially or just flat out wrong (and medium weave, i'll give you that). Try again.

Performance on consoles is perfectly fine for me, I don't have lag or stability issues often - can't deny it happens, but no more often than other online games - but of course somehow according to the forums I'm the only person in the world having a good experience and/or I "avoid content" because I don't spend 12 hours a day in Cyrodiil. OH I've also apparently never visited a big city -_-

These people are just fools, the game is fine.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind itself is fine. The only complaint I have is that the story content is a bit lacking and the Bouyant Armiger motifs are a cruel joke along with the new furniture recipes that are basically non existent, especially blue and purple ones..

The resource changes went too far imo.

Edited by Katahdin on June 30, 2017 10:55PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Decon98b16_ESO
    Decon98b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Imo, it is like the release of the game:
    - crap load of people blazing the trails checking it out and leveling fast
    - server load increases but luckily this was expected and there is a lot of hardware on hand to handle it.
    - after awhile, people realize that there are issues and that ZOS was in a hurry to release so
    the player base has to put up with it or move on.
    - people exit or just take time off and hardware is now not being fully utilized and eating up the bills.
    - hardware and staff are downsized to streamline the process
    - people start coming back or checking out the game when game moves to Steam.
    - just prior to Morrowind release, ZOS adds more hardware resource requirements to the game, starting to
    see more issues with stability and bugs
    - Morrowind releases and the cycle starts over, but this time ZOS has to balance bringing back hardware versus
    a spike in players.

It is tough balancing an mmo with costs, stability, interest, etc. The sure thing, imo, is that the players are the
    ones who suffer. However, since we all have patience that we get thanked for and can stand by for hours if not days to
    know what is going on, it is no big deal.