The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind Was Clearly A Complete Disaster

• Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only difference between morrowind and shadowfen is that there aren't any gangs of argonauts running around going on about the hatching.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind is very well designed,buildings,towns and dungeons are fantastic to play
    console has some daily crashes-mostly around crafting stations and when tp to another place but thats all
    well worth the money and ill be happy to pay for content like this in the feature

PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Premise "Morrowind Was Clearly A Complete Disaster"
    The answer is no, this is not true.
    So, when is ZoS going to admit their mistake and revert the changes?...
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you waiting for any admission.

The OP then lists several issues that are problem in the game, in his opinion. The OP has some valid points (IMHO) but I feel he wrong in others. Unfortunately the rant is wrapped up in such hyperbole that the message is lost.

Edited by StormWylf on July 1, 2017 10:08PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is completely right, killing sustain has made the game much slower paced and the game is less enjoyable because of it.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Rofl, everything you stated, except performance on consoles that i can't comment about, is partially or just flat out wrong (and medium weave, i'll give you that). Try again.

The hell he is, he's correct on almost anything. I'm lucky if I can get a stable connection, ZOS is notorious for their silence, and just about anything else I cant comment on is warden realted.

Try again, shill.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really telling about the games ability to keep player retention when I can log onto a MMO that just launched free to play (The Secret World in this case) say "I'm from ESO" in zone and have most of the zone, in the major hub, say "So am I!"

This launch was a disaster. ESO is bleeding players. And now? It has competition. The chum is in the water.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's really telling about the games ability to keep player retention when I can log onto a MMO that just launched free to play (The Secret World in this case) say "I'm from ESO" in zone and have most of the zone, in the major hub, say "So am I!"

This launch was a disaster. ESO is bleeding players. And now? It has competition. The chum is in the water.

People come and go all the time, I bet if you asked the same in other MMO's about any other MMO you will get a few responses at the very least. ESO is the first MMO for a lot of people cause of the Theme, but there are a ton of people that jump MMO's week to week or similar. Some are content Junkies and some are not. ESO isn't exactly in the ER with blood flowing from every whole in terms of players leaving. And at the very least it has a steady stream of new bloods just like any other MMO.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People come and go all the time, I bet if you asked the same in other MMO's about any other MMO you will get a few responses at the very least. ESO is the first MMO for a lot of people cause of the Theme, but there are a ton of people that jump MMO's week to week or similar. Some are content Junkies and some are not. ESO isn't exactly in the ER with blood flowing from every whole in terms of players leaving. And at the very least it has a steady stream of new bloods just like any other MMO.

If that's what you think, fine.

But when a MMO is measured even by new players (In the case of ESO and SWL) how much the dev team is communicating with them, on the reddit, on the forums, versus ESO, and ESO is widely reguarded to be radio silent....

Lets just say I dont believe this game isn't hurting more than you let on.
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their accounting department probably disagrees with you.

Short term revenue burst does not equate to long term player sustain
    Edited by S1ipperyJim on July 2, 2017 12:46AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bg's are flat out broke in both queueing, balance and how the game types work.

Wardens don't really excel in anything but have a few broken skills (im looking at you pigeon spammers).

I am confused by the people complaining about warden bird spam. I don't really have an issue with it. It's really obvious and you can see it and hear it coming a mile away. It's much less dangerous than being instantly procced down with no chance to react. I'd rather face a pack of bird spamming wardens over 1 or 2 red mountain+viper proc builds any day.

V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)