trial community dying on console

Sheva I 7 I
Sheva I 7 I
✭✭✭✭
All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was noticing this too. Last week for vMA leaderboards only sorcs filled up, not even NBs did. The Templar and DK leaderboards (not the weeklies, the real leaderboards) aren't even filled up yet. I'm in the top 25 with a 450k score which isn't impressive to say the least.

Last week the weekly was Hel Ra and I don't think there was even 400 people on it, so about half way filled up? This could be because of the changes to the leaderboard loot corresponding to the trial that was the weekly, but I don't know why the vMA leaderboards aren't filling up.

PS4/NA
    PS4/NA PSN-BawKinTackWarDs

vHRC vAA vSO vMA Flawless
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe (I'm mainly talking VMA here) the vast majority who can do VMA with good scores have their loot/titles and no longer play it because apart from wasting time getting duplicate Sharpened Inferno staffs, what's the point?

I'd wager majority capabable of high score VMAs spend their time mainly in Pvp and or grinding other stuff in PVE.

I thought there'd be more wardens (mainly ppl getting titles) in VMA though...

Me personally, I no longer play VMA (last played a while ago, just for title on my argonian healer he's a flawless conqueror lol)
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

the endgame population doesnt like this. the casuals/normal beings are having more than fun, but yeah they dont fancy trials or ego boosting. SADLY. atleast 80% of population is filthy casuals, i think zenimax is trying to get rid of power creep by getting rid of elites. no elites, no mega derp dps. and no epic e peen heroes soloing dungeons either. thats like an hard reset without doing anything for zenimax, pretty clever.

• Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

"Nobody." Ok, guy. Sure.
  • Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trexton wrote: »
    Never understood why they aren't merged like FF 14.

Although people playing PC will swear macroing doesn't work, I have found that console PvP is generally much more placid as a whole and without the extremes.

I guess the alternative could be that console players are horrible compared to PC, but I am disabused of that notion every time I play console games against 4-5 year olds in the family.

try 15fps trials/pvp tell me how you like it

• Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭

"Nobody." Ok, guy. Sure.

You are saying 5-6 top guilds on XB 1 NA are so caught up with vHoF that they can't find 30 minutes to go run it and post score better than trash scores we had last week? Ok guy, Sure.

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trexton wrote: »
    Never understood why they aren't merged like FF 14.

Although people playing PC will swear macroing doesn't work, I have found that console PvP is generally much more placid as a whole and without the extremes.

I guess the alternative could be that console players are horrible compared to PC, but I am disabused of that notion every time I play console games against 4-5 year olds in the family.

try 15fps trials/pvp tell me how you like it

I take it you don't Pvp prime time on PC? Not much different than console.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that trials being broken for so many months did the most damage.

As for the vMA boards being empty, the PC/NA vMA boards were very sparse for the first few weeks, too, though it's been filling up more and more each week. People are busy playing the new overland content, adjusting their builds, and trying out vHoF. Why would they spend their time replaying stale old content?

On PC, before Morrowind, I put three toons on the vMA weekly each week and multiple characters on the other trial weeklies. Now I do just one vMA weekly on my main and at most one or two trial weeklies. And I assure you the reason for this change isn't because I dislike heavy attacking (a few heavies here and there doesn't really change combat that much) or because the content is harder (my vMA times are only a few minutes slower and I'm not dying any more than before). It has something more to do with me just not having the time because I've spent so much of it learning vHoF.
    PC/NA ― GM of The Merchant's Reserve ― Raid Lead for Nightfighters

@code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Dark Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Argonian Nightblade – DD – Gàrak

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor

Guides: Magicka Nightblade PvE build for the mainstream player
    Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificator (maintainer)