The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

trial community dying on console

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials drop nothing sellable.

It's a huge time sink with no reward after you do it once or twice.

Even a 5% rare mount drop and one BOE set would bring people flocking back.

^Would definitely help. I've burned many hundreds of thousands of gold on potions alone in progression. This doesn't take into account repair costs.
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

The truth of the matter is, people are fed-up with things as a whole. People are fed-up with the horrible RNG, the numerous bugs and glitches, the elitist and snobby guilds, and overall parroting of the "meta" that goes on day and night. And honestly? I don't blame them. It took me leaving the game entirely (as in uninstalling) to truly enjoy ESO upon coming back, and having a great experience whenever I play. Too much of anything is no good, and I admittedly was too obsessed with ESO. I played it far too much, and thus involved me investing way too much time and emotionally attachment to the game and community as a whole. Which is why I'd have so many posts that were so controversial in the past. It was a steady build-up of stuff, and I just ultimately exploded. Nowadays...? I'm loving every bit of ESO. Community and all.

Glad you're enjoying ESO again :)

Completely agree the RNG and numerous other things added up is just way too much. Looking back on it, I have no idea how I farmed vMA like I used to (same goes for other gear pieces). If I had to redo these grinds I would legitimately quit the game.

Battlegrounds is nice if you are a very skilled player and can survive against the imbalances likes proc sets and resource/ravage health poisons, but not if you are an average or even above average player unless using proc sets.

As for endgame PvE.... well you've seen the leaderboards :disappointed: they are more or less empty. Sanctum, Maw, and HoF are practically empty. I just don't understand why ZOS has decided to shake things up so much in a way that no one wanted this patch.

But hey.... at least Vvardenfell is an amazing zone lol. And the music is fantastic too!
    Edited by Vaoh on June 19, 2017 11:48PM
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a whale. 5 master anglers, ran all dungeons and most trials 100x over. Did maelstrom 200+ times. Almost had flawless on my Templar. Had well over 100 million in assets throughout my playtime. 40+ mounts. 150+ full days in 2 years of playtime. Insane amount of playing.

I quit recently as I realized the game is simply feeding an addiction many of us here have. They don't care about us. Period. It's all about $$$. If they did they would fix things in a quick fashion.

Remember the banker glitch? Remember how they brought down the servers and fixed it asap?

If they cared they would have done the same to fix maw, fix battlegrounds, etc. They've now realized they don't have to and you still log in, spend money and complain. They don't care! You're still spending money tho.

Answer this... have you EVER seen a problem with a crown store item? Ever see something involving $$$ not working properly? You think if crown crates were broken it wouldn't get fixed the same day? If not the same hour?

When you realize it, like I did, you'll quit and realize how much of your life was wasted.

And all the while they're raking in money hand over fist daily and laughing while you guys defend it with "but they need support to survive" lol!!! No they don't! Most of you guys already pay 14.99 a month - MORE THAN NETFLIX - to play, and spend a ton of $$ on crowns.

Enjoy it while it lasts guys. It's basically ruined gaming for me and 35 and have played games daily since I was 6. That's saying a lot
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on June 19, 2017 11:59PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Because everyone is working on the new Trial and getting their builds back in order after the patch.

There were plenty of people on all leaderboards before Morrowind. I doubt they all split right when the update dropped.

My main raid guild didn't do a leaderboard run with the main team last week because we'd rather work on HoF.
    Edited by LiquidPony on June 20, 2017 12:10AM
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But hey.... at least Vvardenfell is an amazing zone lol.
    Amazing zone, which is as empty as trial leaderboards :D

On a serious note, though. I already said what I wanted, but I would also like to share my recent experience, which was rather... eye-opening.

A month ago I started this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/344421/vmol-backroom-any-logic-in-void-assassins-spawn. I later told there that our group wasn't going to give up after Morrowind, but sadly... yeah. People left, we fall apart :'( I was kinda forced to look for other places, because... well. Spending whole month and being very close does make you want to just f**king pass vMoL :D

The premise: Magsorc, 475 CP, full-golden gear, 27k DPS on skele completely alone. Mostly casual PvE guild, really not elite. Do you know which magical phrase got me a spot in the most basic progression group for vMoL they could offer?

"I can run left".

The most basic progression vMoL group had 630CP requirement and golden gear. "Lowbie" (pha-ha) was allowed in progression group because she *bows* already could run left.

We didn't make it, btw. And the RL was really upset because of it. A lot of people there saw Rakkhat only for the 2nd time in their life and RL was upset that they didn't make it.

And honestly? I couldn't blame him. Simply because progression groups are a waste. In terms of in-game money, resources, pretty much everything. The moment you get the gear you want, you have zero incentive to go there. I'm not even talking about time.

The trial community collapses on itself. And it will continue to do so, until there actually would be something - anything - that would make bringing fresh blood in worthwhile.

Now you have your "veteran-passed-all-HMs" guys, you run with them for leaderboard, if you want to... Why would you want to expand your circle, why would you want to teach newbies? There is no end-game, there is no reward. What do you get for completing a trial? 13k gold? It's a joke, comsumables cost more.

With rewards during the trial being non-existant, most RLs of progression groups honestly want to... just be done with it. It's long, tedious and gives nothing.

Take only 630CP people, prey that they have enough IQ to pass Twins, have an easy "progression" run for 2 hours max and consider your "duty to community" fulfilled for a week. What is the point of doing anything else? Damn right. No point whatsoever.
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also the end of the academic year and lots of people have exams (school/uni etc) and also work deadlines. Others have started holidays etc . Hot days = more people outside enjoying the good weather
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    What I've noticed is that the trial gear sets you grind for over and over to get that specific trait, just aren't worth my time, and aren't really THAT superior over the other sets for the time invested. The time invested is worth more then the trial sets.

Take me for instance. I have 3 kids (11, 8, 5), the two oldest being my boys. With the pool, soccer practice, football practice, then the soccer and football games on the weekend, ballet, my personal life with friends, dinner dates at the house with friend couples over, hosting kid play dates, playing PS4 with the boys (Injustice 2 is crazy) and then time with the wife, movies or dinner, and not even counting work (I'm a pharmacy manager).... I only get 2 hours, maybe 3 hours about three or 4 days out of the week.

So do I go through all my undaunted dailies, THEN some farming or questing, THEN maybe some dungeon farming with friends AND some open world boss kills in 3 hours..... OR do I spend an hour and a half in a trial and 9 times out of 10 get one or two pieces of gear with the prosperous trait, and some trash to decon. What's the more efficient and productive way to spend my play time?

The reason this game is so successful is that no matter what kind of player you are, you always have a choice. I choose time. It's enjoyable for me that way.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trexton wrote: »
    Never understood why they aren't merged like FF 14.

Because PC has macro's and cheat engine.

We don't want that trash on console.

This. If they ever merge, I will quit on the spot.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »

Yah ikr, id rather not meet the console community at all
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be PC scum, minus the cheating, macros and addons.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial community? The general population is decreasing across all platfoms lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demycilian wrote: »
    I want to be PC scum, minus the cheating, macros and addons.

Add-ons are a must in pc. Awesome guild store and qol add-ons being things zos fails to implement
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh, someone made a good point with fixing bugs and glitches. If it ever benefited the community like the banker glitch or survey glitch, it got fixed asap. But when it came to game breaking bugs like DCs in maw, they took months upon months. Doesnt show they care, i quit my eso plus months ago, glad I did, I decided to speak with my wallet rather than my words. ZOS still sees good profits, they arent going to change, theyre gonna see that people still pay for crowns and ESO plus despite all the problems. I still run trials with my guild, help others farm their gear, and try to get 2 toons a week on VMA, got my staves, still need stamina weps sharp.
    Even though I try to adapt to the sustain changes and "git gud", doesnt change the fact that managing resources is a pain the butt, and overall hate it. Warden is a pretty big disappointment to me, sounds like some slap dash class added to incite ppl to comeback and spend money on morrowind. The new trial just destroys your sustain even more and battles jusr become long and tiring, complete opposite of what I want in a video game. If it weremt for my awesome guilds and friends, def would not have stayed, despite all these issues I have, good community still makes it worthwhile to me.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »

Yah ikr, id rather not meet the console community at all

[snip]

Idk m8, from experiance console consists of squiekers insulting your mother and complaining about what console is the master console when pc is clearly the better system. Plus we have a generally mature community and constant updates while console faces the most performance issues. Id rather take cheaters whom are in the miniority than go into a system that lacks qol add-ons and have company's that are unfriendly to the mmo market. But hey that's just me.

[Edit for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 20, 2017 4:17PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoP killed it for me. I used to run trials all the time. I know im not part of the hardcore community, I'm a filthy casual, but I did it anyway! For the monies! Sure it was always normal, but I spent hours upon hours farming gear for tanks and dps looking for gear to go on to vet. And what we didn't need we could sell.

That died almost over night. Logged off one night when the guilds I was in had a constant stream of people asking for trials. Heck the trading guild I was in sometimes had 2 trial runs going. The trading guild. The next day? No one wanted to run. It seems to have recovered a little since then. I don't know, maybe enough new people have joined who need some gear.

It was fun to me. Meeting some of the people who were pushing themselves up the ranks to do vet. Help them grind and make some money on the side. Now I just run my dailies and hope for a motif. Awesome, training sword.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk m8, from experiance console consists of squiekers insulting your mother and complaining about what console is the master console

I don't know what consoles you are basing your experiences off from, but unless you are playing CoD the whole "squeaker" term is pretty much invalid now days. I hardly ever hear children/young teens on voice chat on console; especially on ESO.
    when pc is clearly the better system

This is subjective. I won't even get into the details as to why since it should be obvious.
    Edited by Diminish on June 20, 2017 2:00AM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since console just got Morrwind a few weeks ago players might be leveling new characters (wardens) or playing Morrowind.

On top of the fact that VMA is content a small minority of people actually enjoy, the rest either suffer it for ridicliiulys terrible drop rates or hate it altogether.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you keep doing VMA after you got the drops you need? Why would you keep doing trials after you get all the stuff you need?for a score that nobody cares about. People that did it all got it all or don't are are doing fun things that they like to do like questing farming pvping BGs.

I have never met one player that enjoyed trial runs and vma. I'm sure they are out there but they are very few.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you keep doing VMA after you got the drops you need? Why would you keep doing trials after you get all the stuff you need?for a score that nobody cares about. People that did it all got it all or don't are are doing fun things that they like to do like questing farming pvping BGs.

I have never met one player that enjoyed trial runs and vma. I'm sure they are out there but they are very few.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dantaria wrote: »
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    the endgame population doesnt like this. the casuals/normal beings are having more than fun, but yeah they dont fancy trials or ego boosting. SADLY. atleast 80% of population is filthy casuals, i think zenimax is trying to get rid of power creep by getting rid of elites. no elites, no mega derp dps. and no epic e peen heroes soloing dungeons either. thats like an hard reset without doing anything for zenimax, pretty clever.
    1) What Vaoh said. "Casuals" are having fun until they try their 1st vet dung. Then all fun abruptly halts.

2) Oh yeah, they want to get rid of elite... So they design the new trial specifically around elite.
    Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg
    Seriously, have you been there? I'm not even talking about vet, screw it and forget that dat sweet skin even exist. Have you been there on normal? And btw, vet... it gets worse every patch :D

If they wanted the game to become more casual in spirit, why the f**k they created HoF? It's as anticasual as it can get. If they wanted to appease elite... LOL-kek-failfish.

I have no clue whatsoever why they're doing what they're doing, I even honestly doubt they have some solid plan and image for the game. Wanted to make casual players happy? #lolhof. Wanted to make elite happy? #lolbalance.

They managed to get a huge ton of enemies in every players-camp there is :D It's so hilarious I honestly don't know what to say :D

The plan is to get you on to the adult machine... Consoles are for the kiddies.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    I was a whale. 5 master anglers, ran all dungeons and most trials 100x over. Did maelstrom 200+ times. Almost had flawless on my Templar. Had well over 100 million in assets throughout my playtime. 40+ mounts. 150+ full days in 2 years of playtime. Insane amount of playing.

I quit recently as I realized the game is simply feeding an addiction many of us here have. They don't care about us. Period. It's all about $$$. If they did they would fix things in a quick fashion.

Remember the banker glitch? Remember how they brought down the servers and fixed it asap?

If they cared they would have done the same to fix maw, fix battlegrounds, etc. They've now realized they don't have to and you still log in, spend money and complain. They don't care! You're still spending money tho.

Answer this... have you EVER seen a problem with a crown store item? Ever see something involving $$$ not working properly? You think if crown crates were broken it wouldn't get fixed the same day? If not the same hour?

When you realize it, like I did, you'll quit and realize how much of your life was wasted.

And all the while they're raking in money hand over fist daily and laughing while you guys defend it with "but they need support to survive" lol!!! No they don't! Most of you guys already pay 14.99 a month - MORE THAN NETFLIX - to play, and spend a ton of $$ on crowns.

Enjoy it while it lasts guys. It's basically ruined gaming for me and 35 and have played games daily since I was 6. That's saying a lot

Now that I think about it, you have a very valid point. Things involving the economy wether it be through crowns or in-game gold are usually taken extremely seriously. Where as content and other things are on the back burner usually. Hmmm... Coincidence?
  • derpmander
    derpmander
    ✭✭✭
    Dantaria wrote: »

Seriously, have you been there? I'm not even talking about vet, screw it and forget that dat sweet skin even exist. Have you been there on normal? And btw, vet... it gets worse every patch :D

Not gonna lie, that skin looks like garbage xD
    What Mechanics
    One Frag No Magicka - Magicka Sorcerer
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how anyone stays interested in the ESO trial scene. The repetition at both gameplay and content levels is gross.

At least in other games, even if the gameplay isn't great, there is an abundance of content and a feeling of progression.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

@Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

The truth of the matter is, people are fed-up with things as a whole. People are fed-up with the horrible RNG, the numerous bugs and glitches, the elitist and snobby guilds, and overall parroting of the "meta" that goes on day and night. And honestly? I don't blame them. It took me leaving the game entirely (as in uninstalling) to truly enjoy ESO upon coming back, and having a great experience whenever I play. Too much of anything is no good, and I admittedly was too obsessed with ESO. I played it far too much, and thus involved me investing way too much time and emotionally attachment to the game and community as a whole. Which is why I'd have so many posts that were so controversial in the past. It was a steady build-up of stuff, and I just ultimately exploded. Nowadays...? I'm loving every bit of ESO. Community and all.

Pretty much this. Damage isn't the issue, and in Halls it's definitely l2p not stupid mechanics. Our boss two day 1 fight probably took us 15+ minutes (with like 0 deaths actually when we finally beat it), last night it took 6 and a half with some awful luck (we choked) at the end that added a solid 30 seconds. I'm parsing 54k on a 51m dummy with group buffs with no vma staff on my dk, 47k on a pet sorc running e drain myself, 40k on a stamplar solo without major fracture, I could go on.

Honestly on Xbox NA there are several trials guilds making a return from what I've heard. There are several new guilds forming as well. Compare this to Homestead where there were literally 3-4 stable raid guilds and only 1 competing for #1 spots and the raid community at least is not in a terrible place right now. Currently there's 3-4 guilds capable of putting up #1 spots and two currently trading Halls top spots with those scores climbing to nearing 100k, there's at least 5-6 guilds I can think of that are on the rise and able to easily post near 100k non hm vmol scores.

People are just doing other things right now. We just had a major patch that added a new trial, new class, new story and people are wanting to experience and work on those. Once people get comfortable in Halls and play their Wardens some, I'm sure vma/weekly/old trial scores will shoot up. I know I haven't done nearly anything outside of Halls/testing characters and builds since the patch. I've not done VHR at all, I hopped in one AA last boss instance, vmol like 3 times, and a drunk VSO run for a weekly last week. Not to mention I haven't stepped foot in BGs or Cyrodil at all since the update. This was an enormous patch, give it some some to settle in and it'll get better.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought this issue up when I saw the sustain change. One of the things people love about this game over something like WoW is that nothing takes more than 1.5hours to complete. Because they didn't change HP level of mobs in trials it ends up increasing the time. This makes trials less fun, especially if you wipe with PUGs or randoms in your formed grouped.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I hope the team is considering this change. I personally like the sustain change, but this HP of trial mobs is an issue for the time sink. I'm not suggesting a major HP drop, but I believe the time invested to complete the trials should remain roughly the same and I would offer up that the sustain change majorly affects this.

I would also say given the add-on differences, I would expect that console would have a much different statistical breakout than PC (rotation optimization as an example).
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

Pretty much this. Damage isn't the issue, and in Halls it's definitely l2p not stupid mechanics. Our boss two day 1 fight probably took us 15+ minutes (with like 0 deaths actually when we finally beat it), last night it took 6 and a half with some awful luck (we choked) at the end that added a solid 30 seconds. I'm parsing 54k on a 51m dummy with group buffs with no vma staff on my dk, 47k on a pet sorc running e drain myself, 40k on a stamplar solo without major fracture, I could go on.

Honestly on Xbox NA there are several trials guilds making a return from what I've heard. There are several new guilds forming as well. Compare this to Homestead where there were literally 3-4 stable raid guilds and only 1 competing for #1 spots and the raid community at least is not in a terrible place right now. Currently there's 3-4 guilds capable of putting up #1 spots and two currently trading Halls top spots with those scores climbing to nearing 100k, there's at least 5-6 guilds I can think of that are on the rise and able to easily post near 100k non hm vmol scores.

People are just doing other things right now. We just had a major patch that added a new trial, new class, new story and people are wanting to experience and work on those. Once people get comfortable in Halls and play their Wardens some, I'm sure vma/weekly/old trial scores will shoot up. I know I haven't done nearly anything outside of Halls/testing characters and builds since the patch. I've not done VHR at all, I hopped in one AA last boss instance, vmol like 3 times, and a drunk VSO run for a weekly last week. Not to mention I haven't stepped foot in BGs or Cyrodil at all since the update. This was an enormous patch, give it some some to settle in and it'll get better.

Omg..... do not try to flex your DPS numbers at me. People hate when you try this stuff and it does not bring validity to your claims. It also seems to have flown past your head that there was a "/sarcasm" at the end of paragraph that was in agreement with what you just wrote seriously :lol:

You say that on Xbox NA the trials community is thriving? This is contrary to all other platforms, and from what I've heard from the actual raiders on your platform themselves, it is simply untrue. Numerous raiders left with Morrowind as is true with all platforms.

Also you're saying that Xbox NA has multiple guilds that have placed near 100K vHoF scores. Are you joking me right now?? My team earned the first vHoF complete across all console servers, and we are not even remotely close to that. We won't be for a long time since we still struggle with 4th boss and have 0 Vitality all of the time.... vHoF has an FPS issue that makes it a nightmare. If the 4th boss isn't beaten in 1 try it seems to progressively get much more difficult due to game performance. Also there is a bug with the last boss not giving you any points (or something wierd like this) found when our group completed with 0 Vitality quicker than another guild but earned a lower score by like 13K (their score being like 16K) xD

......but magically Xbox NA has totally exploded in popularity, a bunch of guilds are totally crushing vMoL now (they still farm run this rn?) and vHoF is being completed with high Vitality in under an hour. I don't think anyone who understands what this means would buy it.

Feel free to post screenshots of those sub-100K vHoF scores though if it is true from the Xbox NA server. You can prove me wrong quite easily by doing that. It just really annoys me when people write up posts like you have that no one asked for which randomly say everything is fantastic, and that you've got great DPS numbers like it means anything in an actual raid, all with zero proof to back anything up.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 20, 2017 2:15PM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    80% of the trial guilds on PS4 NA are super toxic people. I have someone in my guild mate is has beaten vmaw HM numerous times and he just stopped doing trials because of the disgusting attitudes and mentalities that were in his trial guilds. He told me it wasn't worth the time anymore.

Trials aren't meant to be a full time job. It's a game. People should treat it like that. I've been in a few trial guild and it sucks. You aren't main team? Go enjoy sitting in the corner. I used to love trials but not so much anymore.
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    The big issue on console is refresh rate.

It's not super shocking that most if not all of the players in vHoF guilds are burnt on vmol and crag trials and dont run them as much ...
    But what we should have, to keep it competitive is new guilds and new teams coming up behind getting into this content and eventually pushing scores, which will then entice the older guilds to come back and make a statement here and there.

Having the crag trials leaderboards only offer crag trial loot is one major drawback for going back in there, not "wasting" resources on meaningless score runs while you're running progression teams in hof is another .... but also, putting up a decent score for the millionth time, and not having any new heads coming up challenging these scores is the real gorilla in the room.

The endgame community on PS4 NA in particular is so small and contained at the moment, everyone basically knows everyone else - it just seems like, rather than a flowing river this community has become a slowly shrinking ice cube- it does not self replenish. Theres just not a lot of good players coming up from the lower tiers and making their own teams or refreshing the lost players from other teams.
    A moderate but noticeable amount of good end game top tier players left with this patch ... and far fewer new players showed up to replace them.

Bottom line if you're not TF, HS, RN, whatever blue team is becoming, FC, BIO, or maybe a tiny handful of other up and coming teams or social guild teams offshot from the above teams - you have essentially zero shot at finishing a vHoF any time soon - and more importantly your team probably cant even clear Maw anymore. Theres less than 10 teams total comprising the "end-end game" community. And there's no core of competent players (particularly support roles) coming up to supplement or challenge them.

Not sure if this is because of the over abundance of changes making the barriers to entry in vet trial scores absurdly high for newer players, or what it is ... but thats the issue I see. Not very many new heads in the console end game community... so when a couple people decide to leave for whatever reason - that absence is felt.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80% of the trial guilds on PS4 NA are super toxic people. I have someone in my guild mate is has beaten vmaw HM numerous times and he just stopped doing trials because of the disgusting attitudes and mentalities that were in his trial guilds. He told me it wasn't worth the time anymore.

Trials aren't meant to be a full time job. It's a game. People should treat it like that. I've been in a few trial guild and it sucks. You aren't main team? Go enjoy sitting in the corner. I used to love trials but not so much anymore.

^^pretty much true. There's like 4 guilds right now that can even compete. Not on the main teams? gg to you :/ this isn't an issue for me in particular as I'm readily accepted ofc, but it is almost impossible for someone new to come along. Personally I have been much less interested with trials now as well, and it's a mutual feeling for many.

Much of this is due to the fact that there is an expectation on these teams for you to truly know what you're doing. No one wants to help you nor has the time really to help you progress old content when you join the very best groups on the server. These players tend to have run content with each other for a looong time now and are friends too.... taking someone totally new is not a common practise.

The real issue is this: If ZOS supported their endgame community, and offered more incentives to run trials like BoE gear and pots/gold, you'd have a thriving endgame community and no issues joining good teams anymore. Their are so few high-end raid teams left because no one wants to run trials while there is zero incentive. Right now you will burn a lot of gold just by running Vet trials, with any sort of progression run being very pricey (pots/repairs).

Just how it is unfortunately :(
    Edited by Vaoh on June 20, 2017 2:29PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »
    The big issue on console is refresh rate.

It's not super shocking that most if not all of the players in vHoF guilds are burnt on vmol and crag trials and dont run them as much ...
    But what we should have, to keep it competitive is new guilds and new teams coming up behind getting into this content and eventually pushing scores, which will then entice the older guilds to come back and make a statement here and there.

Having the crag trials leaderboards only offer crag trial loot is one major drawback for going back in there, not "wasting" resources on meaningless score runs while you're running progression teams in hof is another .... but also, putting up a decent score for the millionth time, and not having any new heads coming up challenging these scores is the real gorilla in the room.

The endgame community on PS4 NA in particular is so small and contained at the moment, everyone basically knows everyone else - it just seems like, rather than a flowing river this community has become a slowly shrinking ice cube- it does not self replenish. Theres just not a lot of good players coming up from the lower tiers and making their own teams or refreshing the lost players from other teams.
    A moderate but noticeable amount of good end game top tier players left with this patch ... and far fewer new players showed up to replace them.

Bottom line if you're not TF, HS, RN, whatever blue team is becoming, FC, BIO, or maybe a tiny handful of other up and coming teams or social guild teams offshot from the above teams - you have essentially zero shot at finishing a vHoF any time soon - and more importantly your team probably cant even clear Maw anymore. Theres less than 10 teams total comprising the "end-end game" community. And there's no core of competent players (particularly support roles) coming up to supplement or challenge them.

Not sure if this is because of the over abundance of changes making the barriers to entry in vet trial scores absurdly high for newer players, or what it is ... but thats the issue I see. Not very many new heads in the console end game community... so when a couple people decide to leave for whatever reason - that absence is felt.

@WarpigFunk you are 100% correct. Ty for laying it out so well! :)

Also there are a few more of our high-end players who have just left a few days ago too :( things are not getting better atm unless some magically great players start showing up to fill missing spots. Look at how empty all of the leaderboards are rn! It's kinda crazy to see.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And then we have guilds selling skins and runs. I find this super hurtful to the community. They aren't encouraging people to try to make a team and learn the trials. People complain so much about there being no competition except for like 4 guilds.

By selling things you are directly hurting yourself. I could care less about people selling gear but titles and skins? Work for it. Don't have time? You don't deserve it. "I hate pve lol carry me" No. You want it? Earn it. Struggle like everyone else did/does. I find it repulsive when I see high end guilds take the gold of people just because they are lazy and don't want to work for it.

Sorry I just get irritated with stuff like this. I earned my skin and I get beyond irked when I see someone I know that paid and was carried act like they beat it. It's another reason why I said screw it and went back to pvp.

Edit:
    Spelling
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on June 20, 2017 2:40PM