The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

trial community dying on console

• JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Its mainly all the bs changes the pushed through heavy attacking is boring and stupid.
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Same problem as usual, ZOS does not give enough incentive to do trials. There is legit NO POINT doing trials except for leaderboards and this is obviously bad and shows that smth needs to be done.

I believe you're half right. Every build video I've seen recently, yours included, include Two-Fang, Vicious Serpent, Mending, War Machine, Master Architect, etc., which is gear only obtainable by running trials. So the motivation is there to run trials.

However, once you have the gear, there is no extra motivation to continue running them.

The fact that there is no trials group finder makes it very difficult. There is no easy way for solo players to interact and find trials guilds. You have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone to find a guild to do them. People come and go from the game so quickly that what we are finding is a bunch of half full guilds who are existing independently of one another. ESO needs a better means of bringing these fragmented groups together to be able to run trials on a regular basis
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TooSaucy wrote: »
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

@Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

The truth of the matter is, people are fed-up with things as a whole. People are fed-up with the horrible RNG, the numerous bugs and glitches, the elitist and snobby guilds, and overall parroting of the "meta" that goes on day and night. And honestly? I don't blame them. It took me leaving the game entirely (as in uninstalling) to truly enjoy ESO upon coming back, and having a great experience whenever I play. Too much of anything is no good, and I admittedly was too obsessed with ESO. I played it far too much, and thus involved me investing way too much time and emotionally attachment to the game and community as a whole. Which is why I'd have so many posts that were so controversial in the past. It was a steady build-up of stuff, and I just ultimately exploded. Nowadays...? I'm loving every bit of ESO. Community and all.

Pretty much this. Damage isn't the issue, and in Halls it's definitely l2p not stupid mechanics. Our boss two day 1 fight probably took us 15+ minutes (with like 0 deaths actually when we finally beat it), last night it took 6 and a half with some awful luck (we choked) at the end that added a solid 30 seconds. I'm parsing 54k on a 51m dummy with group buffs with no vma staff on my dk, 47k on a pet sorc running e drain myself, 40k on a stamplar solo without major fracture, I could go on.

Honestly on Xbox NA there are several trials guilds making a return from what I've heard. There are several new guilds forming as well. Compare this to Homestead where there were literally 3-4 stable raid guilds and only 1 competing for #1 spots and the raid community at least is not in a terrible place right now. Currently there's 3-4 guilds capable of putting up #1 spots and two currently trading Halls top spots with those scores climbing to nearing 100k, there's at least 5-6 guilds I can think of that are on the rise and able to easily post near 100k non hm vmol scores.

People are just doing other things right now. We just had a major patch that added a new trial, new class, new story and people are wanting to experience and work on those. Once people get comfortable in Halls and play their Wardens some, I'm sure vma/weekly/old trial scores will shoot up. I know I haven't done nearly anything outside of Halls/testing characters and builds since the patch. I've not done VHR at all, I hopped in one AA last boss instance, vmol like 3 times, and a drunk VSO run for a weekly last week. Not to mention I haven't stepped foot in BGs or Cyrodil at all since the update. This was an enormous patch, give it some some to settle in and it'll get better.

Omg..... do not try to flex your DPS numbers at me. People hate when you try this stuff and it does not bring validity to your claims. It also seems to have flown past your head that there was a "/sarcasm" at the end of paragraph that was in agreement with what you just wrote seriously :lol:

You say that on Xbox NA the trials community is thriving? This is contrary to all other platforms, and from what I've heard from the actual raiders on your platform themselves, it is simply untrue. Numerous raiders left with Morrowind as is true with all platforms.

Also you're saying that Xbox NA has multiple guilds that have placed near 100K vHoF scores. Are you joking me right now?? My team earned the first vHoF complete across all console servers, and we are not even remotely close to that. We won't be for a long time since we still struggle with 4th boss and have 0 Vitality all of the time.... vHoF has an FPS issue that makes it a nightmare. If the 4th boss isn't beaten in 1 try it seems to progressively get much more difficult due to game performance. Also there is a bug with the last boss not giving you any points (or something wierd like this) found when our group completed with 0 Vitality quicker than another guild but earned a lower score by like 13K (their score being like 16K) xD

......but magically Xbox NA has totally exploded in popularity, a bunch of guilds are totally crushing vMoL now (they still farm run this rn?) and vHoF is being completed with high Vitality in under an hour. I don't think anyone who understands what this means would buy it.

Feel free to post screenshots of those sub-100K vHoF scores though if it is true from the Xbox NA server. You can prove me wrong quite easily by doing that. It just really annoys me when people write up posts like you have that no one asked for which randomly say everything is fantastic, and that you've got great DPS numbers like it means anything in an actual raid, all with zero proof to back anything up.

Wow, what a hostile response, hardly warranted at all. I wasn't flexing numbers, I was making a point but sure. Also your guild was not the first guild on console to beat Halls either, mine was. Xbox NA currently has a 75k score and a 61k (that would have been much much higher had a healer not dced and a botched pull ruined it.) There will be 90k scores in the next couple days as we are beginning to finish with vitality.

Edit: Oh we also had second complete too, and almost third before any other guild on console lmfao

Since when was Major slayer "your guild"? Half of its members completed it first on PTS, then PC, and came to do it on Xbox. Talking about an unfair advantage...
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

@Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

The truth of the matter is, people are fed-up with things as a whole. People are fed-up with the horrible RNG, the numerous bugs and glitches, the elitist and snobby guilds, and overall parroting of the "meta" that goes on day and night. And honestly? I don't blame them. It took me leaving the game entirely (as in uninstalling) to truly enjoy ESO upon coming back, and having a great experience whenever I play. Too much of anything is no good, and I admittedly was too obsessed with ESO. I played it far too much, and thus involved me investing way too much time and emotionally attachment to the game and community as a whole. Which is why I'd have so many posts that were so controversial in the past. It was a steady build-up of stuff, and I just ultimately exploded. Nowadays...? I'm loving every bit of ESO. Community and all.

Pretty much this. Damage isn't the issue, and in Halls it's definitely l2p not stupid mechanics. Our boss two day 1 fight probably took us 15+ minutes (with like 0 deaths actually when we finally beat it), last night it took 6 and a half with some awful luck (we choked) at the end that added a solid 30 seconds. I'm parsing 54k on a 51m dummy with group buffs with no vma staff on my dk, 47k on a pet sorc running e drain myself, 40k on a stamplar solo without major fracture, I could go on.

Honestly on Xbox NA there are several trials guilds making a return from what I've heard. There are several new guilds forming as well. Compare this to Homestead where there were literally 3-4 stable raid guilds and only 1 competing for #1 spots and the raid community at least is not in a terrible place right now. Currently there's 3-4 guilds capable of putting up #1 spots and two currently trading Halls top spots with those scores climbing to nearing 100k, there's at least 5-6 guilds I can think of that are on the rise and able to easily post near 100k non hm vmol scores.

People are just doing other things right now. We just had a major patch that added a new trial, new class, new story and people are wanting to experience and work on those. Once people get comfortable in Halls and play their Wardens some, I'm sure vma/weekly/old trial scores will shoot up. I know I haven't done nearly anything outside of Halls/testing characters and builds since the patch. I've not done VHR at all, I hopped in one AA last boss instance, vmol like 3 times, and a drunk VSO run for a weekly last week. Not to mention I haven't stepped foot in BGs or Cyrodil at all since the update. This was an enormous patch, give it some some to settle in and it'll get better.

Omg..... do not try to flex your DPS numbers at me. People hate when you try this stuff and it does not bring validity to your claims. It also seems to have flown past your head that there was a "/sarcasm" at the end of paragraph that was in agreement with what you just wrote seriously :lol:

You say that on Xbox NA the trials community is thriving? This is contrary to all other platforms, and from what I've heard from the actual raiders on your platform themselves, it is simply untrue. Numerous raiders left with Morrowind as is true with all platforms.

Also you're saying that Xbox NA has multiple guilds that have placed near 100K vHoF scores. Are you joking me right now?? My team earned the first vHoF complete across all console servers, and we are not even remotely close to that. We won't be for a long time since we still struggle with 4th boss and have 0 Vitality all of the time.... vHoF has an FPS issue that makes it a nightmare. If the 4th boss isn't beaten in 1 try it seems to progressively get much more difficult due to game performance. Also there is a bug with the last boss not giving you any points (or something wierd like this) found when our group completed with 0 Vitality quicker than another guild but earned a lower score by like 13K (their score being like 16K) xD

......but magically Xbox NA has totally exploded in popularity, a bunch of guilds are totally crushing vMoL now (they still farm run this rn?) and vHoF is being completed with high Vitality in under an hour. I don't think anyone who understands what this means would buy it.

Feel free to post screenshots of those sub-100K vHoF scores though if it is true from the Xbox NA server. You can prove me wrong quite easily by doing that. It just really annoys me when people write up posts like you have that no one asked for which randomly say everything is fantastic, and that you've got great DPS numbers like it means anything in an actual raid, all with zero proof to back anything up.

Wow, what a hostile response, hardly warranted at all. I wasn't flexing numbers, I was making a point but sure. Also your guild was not the first guild on console to beat Halls either, mine was. Xbox NA currently has a 75k score and a 61k (that would have been much much higher had a healer not dced and a botched pull ruined it.) There will be 90k scores in the next couple days as we are beginning to finish with vitality.

Edit: Oh we also had second complete too, and almost third before any other guild on console lmfao

Since when was Major slayer "your guild"? Half of its members completed it first on PTS, then PC, and came to do it on Xbox. Talking about an unfair advantage...

Lol we had 2 people complete it on LIVE server on PC NA. We both DPS on PC however 1 of us tanks it on Console as a dark elf.. If 6/12 of our raid team completed on PC why would we even come back to console. We went to PC until trials were fixed.
    I don't get why you even look at eso forums or talk about this game. You quit and you don't raid anymore Oompuh just go outside and forget about this game.

Because I knew if I mentioned Slayer, you guys would come out all butthurt. It's really fun to troll you guys cuz you get so mad
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Caff32 wrote: »
    Same problem as usual, ZOS does not give enough incentive to do trials. There is legit NO POINT doing trials except for leaderboards and this is obviously bad and shows that smth needs to be done.

I believe you're half right. Every build video I've seen recently, yours included, include Two-Fang, Vicious Serpent, Mending, War Machine, Master Architect, etc., which is gear only obtainable by running trials. So the motivation is there to run trials.

However, once you have the gear, there is no extra motivation to continue running them.

The fact that there is no trials group finder makes it very difficult. There is no easy way for solo players to interact and find trials guilds. You have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone to find a guild to do them. People come and go from the game so quickly that what we are finding is a bunch of half full guilds who are existing independently of one another. ESO needs a better means of bringing these fragmented groups together to be able to run trials on a regular basis

You can get those in normal vhof runs which require not a lot of work to get through. You can aquire those sets in a week if you do every day one run maybe.

I think mainissue is that the raid scene is getting smaller and smaller and ye you are right, some guilds do not want to merge, because fact is a lot of guilds do NOT like each other >.>
    Edited by Alcast on June 21, 2017 10:32PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't argue with these dudes dj. You're better than that.

I don't play anymore but good to see you guys still being at the top of the trial game. Keep it up!
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    The Trials community isn't really dead, IMO. I see a lot of people try to progress in vHalls, and people trying to farm gear in nHalls. I see atleast several people in my trading guild (out of all guilds) trying to run it to farm gear. Definitely not dead. Let people play with their new class, try to farm new gear, play the new quests. I guarantee you guys in one or two weeks that console Trials communities will revive and start going for scores again.
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    @Vaoh
    Honestly you're mostly wrong, and I will explain. On every platform and server (EU/NA) there are around 3 high end raid guilds and multiple progression ones that are getting better. Raiding has been like this since I can remember. The trial community isn't dying any more than it normally is. There simply isn't enough incentive. Making MOST gear BoE or making the gear you get from the end quests BoE would actually promote more trial time.

Regarding DPS being trash which you said earlier, it actually isn't. At first glance and playing the new patch for the first time it seems that way, but with optimization, practice, and knowledge of how the class plays this patch, dps is only a tiny bit less than it was last patch. Sorcs do slightly less DPS, DKs hover at around the same, stam builds definitely do more, and Magplars are around the same. The game is more balanced now as a whole for PVE. Yes, Heavy Attacking on a sorc is boring, but most sorcs are not doing dot - dot - dot - heavy atks repeat.

The trial community is not dead. It is in the state it has always been in. The reason VMA looks dead is because people are working on builds, playing BG, or progressing in Halls. This patch brought many people who stopped playing back, and honestly if they don't break trials again it seems most are here to stay (until a new game comes out lol)

The one thing I will agree on is lack of incentive to do trials, as well as losing gold supplying pots/mats/repairs for trials. ZoS took a crooked step in the right direction with plunder, but it's not enough, and ultimately it is injecting gold into the system which could put the market in a bad place. The last time I remember raids thriving is when you could farm Vet HRC for BoE Sun jewelry which would sell for quite a lot. The answer is quite simple to give incentives to trials and it is BoE gear. I'm not sure why ZoS refuses to put more BOE in the game. We have Overland sets that are BOE, so why can't they simply put a chance to have Overland Gold Jewlry drop from final bosses in hard mode trials. There's the incentive to do trials and form a good group for them.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caff32 wrote: »

You can get those in normal vhof runs which require not a lot of work to get through. You can aquire those sets in a week if you do every day one run maybe.

I think mainissue is that the raid scene is getting smaller and smaller and ye you are right, some guilds do not want to merge, because fact is a lot of guilds do NOT like each other >.>

I dont think raid guilds merging would help anything. There are like two competitive guilds on PCNA, what would happen if we merged? We would now have two good raid teams which could help eachother out and would have no incentive whatsoever to bring in anyone new to the guild.
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    The maelstrom weapons in all honesty aren't as nice as some proc sets. I'd take red mountain with a bow vs. maestrom bow any day of the week, especially with the sustain nerf, as I have to run a stam regen enchant on at least one of each weapon now. Red Mountain procs off raining arrows, so the volley increase on maelstrom bow is pretty lame now. Can't run the weapons as it breaks up the sets I'm running.

Also, not sure what the deal is, but some enemies are doing crazy high damage now (or so it seems). It's funny, but I can damage them like they are norm dungeon enemies, but they damage me like vet dungeon enemies, even if I try and run a tanky set with 25k physical/spell resist, they just damage me more. Just isn't fun. AND, the game punishes you for using a controller by capping the look speed extremely low. Mouse users are basically a running turret w/o speed penalties.

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    $40 to get Morrowind
    1 Trial
    1 New Class
    Area you can clear in a day, side quests and main quest alike

$40 to get FFXIV Stormblood
    1 8 Man Trial (They call them Raids buts same difference)
    1 24 Man Trial
    2 New Classes
    6 New Areas that can take well into weeks to fully complete everything.

That is some HARD competition for PS4 players to keep playing ESO.

Apart from the hiccups caused by bottlenecking as millions of players are fighting to get into an instance, Stormblood is by far the superior expansion. I know I left ESO for Stormblood the second it dropped and while I did encounter some bugs, they were overcome relatively quickly. I'll admit, ESO's combat is faster paced but really, fast paced or not, if it means having lackluster content, broken features, endless lag, and patches that do more harm than good, I'll take FFXIV's tap targetting system over it any day.

If ZOS would actually stop with their money grubbing ways and actually attempt to fix even a 1/3 of the issues that plague ESO, it might actually become a half decent game but as it stands, it's not even worth half of what it's selling for.
    Argonian forever
  • DIAB33TUZ
    DIAB33TUZ
    ✭✭

N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    I was a whale. 5 master anglers, ran all dungeons and most trials 100x over. Did maelstrom 200+ times. Almost had flawless on my Templar. Had well over 100 million in assets throughout my playtime. 40+ mounts. 150+ full days in 2 years of playtime. Insane amount of playing.

I quit recently as I realized the game is simply feeding an addiction many of us here have. They don't care about us. Period. It's all about $$$. If they did they would fix things in a quick fashion.

Remember the banker glitch? Remember how they brought down the servers and fixed it asap?

If they cared they would have done the same to fix maw, fix battlegrounds, etc. They've now realized they don't have to and you still log in, spend money and complain. They don't care! You're still spending money tho.

Answer this... have you EVER seen a problem with a crown store item? Ever see something involving $$$ not working properly? You think if crown crates were broken it wouldn't get fixed the same day? If not the same hour?

When you realize it, like I did, you'll quit and realize how much of your life was wasted.

And all the while they're raking in money hand over fist daily and laughing while you guys defend it with "but they need support to survive" lol!!! No they don't! Most of you guys already pay 14.99 a month - MORE THAN NETFLIX - to play, and spend a ton of $$ on crowns.

Enjoy it while it lasts guys. It's basically ruined gaming for me and 35 and have played games daily since I was 6. That's saying a lot

SPOT ON!!!!
    Edited by DIAB33TUZ on June 22, 2017 4:53AM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdicusDio wrote: »
    The maelstrom weapons in all honesty aren't as nice as some proc sets. I'd take red mountain with a bow vs. maestrom bow any day of the week, especially with the sustain nerf, as I have to run a stam regen enchant on at least one of each weapon now. Red Mountain procs off raining arrows, so the volley increase on maelstrom bow is pretty lame now. Can't run the weapons as it breaks up the sets I'm running.

@Gilliamtherogue bow comparison video said otherwise.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Imo the game is dying anyway on console, if destiny 2 / anthem / bdo drops the game will be pretty much dead on console.

They had their chance , but after 2 years of playing with 20 fps in trials / pvp, the 30 fps of destiny feeling like 100.

Bdo is comming to console? Goooooooooodbuyyyyyyyyyyyye zos.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Why?

Afraid of getting schooled by people who actually have to learn raid mechanics and tells rather than just obeying the orders of Raid Notifier? Afraid of getting out-DPS'd by people who actually have to learn and practice rotations rather than just "put your DoTs down and do stuff until the add-on tells you to put your DoTs down again?"

;)
    All I see when watching YouTube-videos of console-ESO are players that are either on Retalin or got hit in the head really hard because they react so slow ;)

btw, Add-Ons are just a learninghelp. Without muscle memory they have the same usefullness as visual clues.
    But yes, addons are one of the reasons ESO on console sucks. The built in userinterface of ESO is godawful.