Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

trial community dying on console

Sheva I 7 I
Sheva I 7 I
✭✭✭✭
All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come over to the PC.
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    i expected to see one of those weird gibberish posts. :'(
    I'm a casual now
  • MagicalSociety
    MagicalSociety
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood why they aren't merged like FF 14.
    Guild Founder of Magical Society aka @Ahlfs

Get ESO Assistant Here!

Magical Society's Discord
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the console population is more than healthy. It's rather the performance in trials on console that's causing issues.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA server

Maelstrom Arena (Veteran) Leaderboards:

• Dragonknight, 62 participants, lowest score is 260227
    • Sorcerer, 100 participants, lowest score is 520463
    • Nightblade, 100 participants, lowest score is 416670
    • Templar, 69 participants, lowest score is 357
    • Warden, 47 participants, lowest score is 371

Many of the participating players are repeats - the same people placing their name multiple times using different characters. The participant count is far lower than it looks.

To say that the endgame community is in a bad place right now would be an understatement.
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    I think the overall player numbers are dropping not just pve community.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was noticing this too. Last week for vMA leaderboards only sorcs filled up, not even NBs did. The Templar and DK leaderboards (not the weeklies, the real leaderboards) aren't even filled up yet. I'm in the top 25 with a 450k score which isn't impressive to say the least.

Last week the weekly was Hel Ra and I don't think there was even 400 people on it, so about half way filled up? This could be because of the changes to the leaderboard loot corresponding to the trial that was the weekly, but I don't know why the vMA leaderboards aren't filling up.

PS4/NA
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Because grinding the same old boring content isn't fun. I've completed vMA once to see how it is. Same with the trials. I'm not obsessing over BiS gear.

ESO is fun because of the stories inside. It's nice to go out, without addons, not looking at the map, finding and helping NPC's on distress. I never skipped some poor NPC surrounded by monsters or thieves :)
    ESO is also fun to role play ... I have days wearing my stealth armors, going around without being seen, stealing stuff and being the bad guy :)

ESO is not the game to have fun owning other players in pvp. I once tried to gank other players with my stamina bow build (actually was copied from a website). I waited ... and waited ... and waited ... and closed the game :))))) boooring.

Even now I'm here on forums because I'm too bored to actually play the game. Maybe they will add some new content, some new quests ... I finished Morrowind in one week, playing 1-2 hours each day. It was fun. Thank you ZOS !

Going to read a book now. Cya.
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

XBox NA
  • Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think more than just the trial community is dying. Even the more casual guilds I'm in along with the trial guilds have almost been cut in half in regards to the amount of people online during peak hours. Not a good sign after an "expansion".
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe (I'm mainly talking VMA here) the vast majority who can do VMA with good scores have their loot/titles and no longer play it because apart from wasting time getting duplicate Sharpened Inferno staffs, what's the point?

I'd wager majority capabable of high score VMAs spend their time mainly in Pvp and or grinding other stuff in PVE.

I thought there'd be more wardens (mainly ppl getting titles) in VMA though...

Me personally, I no longer play VMA (last played a while ago, just for title on my argonian healer he's a flawless conqueror lol)
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 19, 2017 10:05PM
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

the endgame population doesnt like this. the casuals/normal beings are having more than fun, but yeah they dont fancy trials or ego boosting. SADLY. atleast 80% of population is filthy casuals, i think zenimax is trying to get rid of power creep by getting rid of elites. no elites, no mega derp dps. and no epic e peen heroes soloing dungeons either. thats like an hard reset without doing anything for zenimax, pretty clever.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »

the endgame population doesnt like this. the casuals/normal beings are having more than fun, but yeah they dont fancy trials or ego boosting. SADLY. atleast 80% of population is filthy casuals, i think zenimax is trying to get rid of power creep by getting rid of elites. no elites, no mega derp dps. and no epic e peen heroes soloing dungeons either. thats like an hard reset without doing anything for zenimax, pretty clever.

Well from what I have heard, the "casual" players don't like this very much either. Dungeon difficulty as a whole has increased. You ever tried Group Finder? It's a nightmare, and that is assuming you can even find a group. Sustain is tougher than before. Also Bow heavies cannot be held anymore, which is pretty terrible for immersion.....

I don't care that resources were nerfed, but rather that we cannot sustain great like before even if you have organized group resource synergies being used constantly.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bimey... who would have thought that if you create an image in the mind of the casual bulk of the player base that a certain type of content is crazy hard and then tell them they will have to run it god knows how many times to get what your after and, surprise, supprise the number of willing players goes down.... what an amazing coincidence :D
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats because ppl want to have fun, not burn themself to death by "grinding" "farming" and variety of other words describing that
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trexton wrote: »

Because PC has macro's and cheat engine.

We don't want that trash on console.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials drop nothing sellable.

It's a huge time sink with no reward after you do it once or twice.

Even a 5% rare mount drop and one BOE set would bring people flocking back.
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably never run VMA again and I don't have all my weapons. All my recent drops have been *** and everytime I go into the arena I feel like I'm gonna get *** loot. So I don't do it anymore.
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    1) What Vaoh said. "Casuals" are having fun until they try their 1st vet dung. Then all fun abruptly halts.

2) Oh yeah, they want to get rid of elite... So they design the new trial specifically around elite.
    Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg
    Seriously, have you been there? I'm not even talking about vet, screw it and forget that dat sweet skin even exist. Have you been there on normal? And btw, vet... it gets worse every patch :D

If they wanted the game to become more casual in spirit, why the f**k they created HoF? It's as anticasual as it can get. If they wanted to appease elite... LOL-kek-failfish.

I have no clue whatsoever why they're doing what they're doing, I even honestly doubt they have some solid plan and image for the game. Wanted to make casual players happy? #lolhof. Wanted to make elite happy? #lolbalance.

They managed to get a huge ton of enemies in every players-camp there is :D It's so hilarious I honestly don't know what to say :D
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Although people playing PC will swear macroing doesn't work, I have found that console PvP is generally much more placid as a whole and without the extremes.

I guess the alternative could be that console players are horrible compared to PC, but I am disabused of that notion every time I play console games against 4-5 year olds in the family.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Nobody." Ok, guy. Sure.

XBox NA
  • Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭

Although people playing PC will swear macroing doesn't work, I have found that console PvP is generally much more placid as a whole and without the extremes.

I guess the alternative could be that console players are horrible compared to PC, but I am disabused of that notion every time I play console games against 4-5 year olds in the family.

try 15fps trials/pvp tell me how you like it
  • Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭

"Nobody." Ok, guy. Sure.

You are saying 5-6 top guilds on XB 1 NA are so caught up with vHoF that they can't find 30 minutes to go run it and post score better than trash scores we had last week? Ok guy, Sure.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I take it you don't Pvp prime time on PC? Not much different than console.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I take it you don't Pvp prime time on PC? Not much different than console.

Yes we get it, ESO runs badly. But having a "my platform has more lag than yours" doesn't really solve anything. The truth is he's not wrong. Trials have poor framrate, bad rng, no reward for farming... we lose gold running end game content. That's depressing
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials are long. Performance in Trials is garbage and unplayable for some. Rewards are mostly worthless. Much of organized play is toxic.

Most Trial leaders are elitist garbage that would rather you use Magicka or DW/Bow while only posting 28k than use bow while posting over 30k, they will complain that you are not doing over 40k while being fine with less than 30k as long as you are using the "optimal" builds.

I've got my Sharpened VMA and VDSA weapons, got my Flawless title(with bow/bow), kicking butt in PVP(with bow/bow). Why would I want to go into long painful unrewarding content to either play in a way I don't want to play or be ridiculed for not following the meta?

If players are doing less "endgame" then it is because ZOS has not made the rewards worth the hassle.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

The truth of the matter is, people are fed-up with things as a whole. People are fed-up with the horrible RNG, the numerous bugs and glitches, the elitist and snobby guilds, and overall parroting of the "meta" that goes on day and night. And honestly? I don't blame them. It took me leaving the game entirely (as in uninstalling) to truly enjoy ESO upon coming back, and having a great experience whenever I play. Too much of anything is no good, and I admittedly was too obsessed with ESO. I played it far too much, and thus involved me investing way too much time and emotionally attachment to the game and community as a whole. Which is why I'd have so many posts that were so controversial in the past. It was a steady build-up of stuff, and I just ultimately exploded. Nowadays...? I'm loving every bit of ESO. Community and all.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on June 19, 2017 11:26PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that trials being broken for so many months did the most damage.

As for the vMA boards being empty, the PC/NA vMA boards were very sparse for the first few weeks, too, though it's been filling up more and more each week. People are busy playing the new overland content, adjusting their builds, and trying out vHoF. Why would they spend their time replaying stale old content?

On PC, before Morrowind, I put three toons on the vMA weekly each week and multiple characters on the other trial weeklies. Now I do just one vMA weekly on my main and at most one or two trial weeklies. And I assure you the reason for this change isn't because I dislike heavy attacking (a few heavies here and there doesn't really change combat that much) or because the content is harder (my vMA times are only a few minutes slower and I'm not dying any more than before). It has something more to do with me just not having the time because I've spent so much of it learning vHoF.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch