The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

trial community dying on console

• IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Morrowind the game definitely took a large hit in popularity. I can see it my friends lists, I can see it ony trial nights where our guild really struggles to find enough people (even on stuff like nHoF or vHRC).

I wouldn't say that this has to do with all the new stuff in Morrowind, the crowds in Vvardenfell have already dissipated and even at World Bosses there are rarely more then one or two people. Myself I haven't finished the quest there yet but still I'm struggling motivating myself to continue play. Playing anything challenging (trials, world bosses, etc) has turned massively unfun.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Morrowind the game definitely took a large hit in popularity. I can see it my friends lists, I can see it ony trial nights where our guild really struggles to find enough people (even on stuff like nHoF or vHRC).

I wouldn't say that this has to do with all the new stuff in Morrowind, the crowds in Vvardenfell have already dissipated and even at World Bosses there are rarely more then one or two people. Myself I haven't finished the quest there yet but still I'm struggling motivating myself to continue play. Playing anything challenging (trials, world bosses, etc) has turned massively unfun.

I'm experiencing this as well. Just yesterday 1 of the guilds I was in had planned for a VHoF progression run, but we couldn'd find enough bodies to go through with it. The GM then decides to change it to a NHoF farm run, and we still couldn't find enough bodies to do it. Mind you, this is beginning to happen on a regular basis. And not just in that 1 guild, but in a few other guilds and occurrences that I've been in where the group leader was trying to assemble people to do content. A trial could be scheduled to start at 9:30pm (est.), but we'll still be trying to find people to fill in at 9:50pm or later.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm was to see eso decline on other platforms
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

the endgame population doesnt like this. the casuals/normal beings are having more than fun, but yeah they dont fancy trials or ego boosting. SADLY. atleast 80% of population is filthy casuals, i think zenimax is trying to get rid of power creep by getting rid of elites. no elites, no mega derp dps. and no epic e peen heroes soloing dungeons either. thats like an hard reset without doing anything for zenimax, pretty clever.

Well from what I have heard, the "casual" players don't like this very much either. Dungeon difficulty as a whole has increased. You ever tried Group Finder? It's a nightmare, and that is assuming you can even find a group. Sustain is tougher than before. Also Bow heavies cannot be held anymore, which is pretty terrible for immersion.....

I don't care that resources were nerfed, but rather that we cannot sustain great like before even if you have organized group resource synergies being used constantly.

Partially this.

I do 4-man-content regularly and in about 80% of all times in PUGs, the other 20% in guild groups to get my vet dungeon slayer achievements done. As I just need the mob kills in there, I am more forgiving when it comes to wipes, low dps, healers not supporting groups and achieving hms and getting 2 keys in PUGs etc. I just queue up as a tank for fast grouping.

What I watch their is the usual blatant ignorance when it comes to game mechanics, combat mechanics and synergies. If you think people now use lightning HAs for easy achievable and cheap AoE dps you are wrong, if you think healers now realize that they need to throw shards or bubbles for support or put ele drain on a boss, you are wrong. So DDs just start light attacking when ressources are empty and prolong a boss fight into eternity and tanks struggle to even have the ressources for their taunts and for blocking.

On the other side I rush with ease through Mazzatum vet with my guild group of superb players, while doing every special boss achievement otw - speed run included. I spoiled the no death run with my stamina NB because I am not that great in playing her (and it's not that easy to play a stamina melee char there in compare to a magicka ranged DD who might even be able to shield itself properly, I hate Chudan btw) and just got killed twice because of dumbness.

But further on my guild who formerly could kill Rakkat in vMoL (after three months of trying, ok just 3 hours / week), now can't kill him safely. In addition the first and second bosses caused issue too. So your earned progress is just gone and I am not the only one in my guild who rate the new heavy attack builds as an utter boring playstyle.

The main issue I have with ZoS' changes to the game mechanics is:

-it somewhat spoiled my fun
    -I don't see the "heaving the floor while lowering the ceiling" objective achieved at all. I just see lazy developers who want to sell me the same content over and over.

Edited by Flameheart on June 21, 2017 9:15AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    the ceiling got lowered, in bizarre funny way tho.

they lowered pros/elites dps rate. without constant adhd spammage of skills, some ppl have lost average dps quite lot, thats same as nerfing powercreep.

some folks claim they had their dps increase, but i can tell with one hand on my heart that average dps has gone down lot.
    this doesnt affect the dps of the n00bs at all as they have strange habits of not spamming skills 24/7 but here and there, so they dont end up often doing anyway heavy attacks to regain their resources.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because everyone already has the gear they want/need? And those that dont are excluded stamina players...
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    the ceiling got lowered, in bizarre funny way tho.

they lowered pros/elites dps rate. without constant adhd spammage of skills, some ppl have lost average dps quite lot, thats same as nerfing powercreep.

some folks claim they had their dps increase, but i can tell with one hand on my heart that average dps has gone down lot.
    this doesnt affect the dps of the n00bs at all as they have strange habits of not spamming skills 24/7 but here and there, so they dont end up often doing anyway heavy attacks to regain their resources.

No.

The dps of the pros/elites decreased, but just by a small amount. It won't hurt them at all. The dps of the noobs and blatant game mechanics ignorers is maybe the same and for them my compassion is limited anyways.

But the most severe hit took the casual / average group player who likes to do vet 4-man-stuff and vet trials too.

In addition it's absolutely toxic for PUGs. If you ever were a somewehat forgiving and warm-hearted guy who had no issues to pull a group of not so great players through a vet dungeon, by doing the dps of 2 DDs - without any support to sustain - you now just leave the group after typing "thx for the 12 minutes cooldown" in chat. At least I do that now.

Edited by Flameheart on June 21, 2017 9:47AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console gamers are fickle and will move on to other stuff. Game should never have released on console in the first place. Screwed over the PC players for content because of it.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's what I've been hearing. A lot of PvPers are getting sick of the game as well. Proc sets are everywhere, and people are starting to use shield breaker again since magsorcs are relatively more powerful this update.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With Morrowind the game definitely took a large hit in popularity.

This is incorrect. Here's the thing, with Morrowind the population got a huge increase, but that's because Morrowind drew in new players.

Where you'll see a large population drop however is with its veterans. The people that have sunk a lot of time, and money into this game are dropping out.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is incorrect. Here's the thing, with Morrowind the population got a huge increase, but that's because Morrowind drew in new players.

Where you'll see a large population drop however is with its veterans. The people that have sunk a lot of time, and money into this game are dropping out.

Then I would assume that more players would play in Vvardenfell, my personal experience with the zone is that after the initial rush it's back to what all the other zones are. It doesn't feel like there are more players. And yes, a lot of vet's are starting to drop out.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taiji2078 wrote: »
    Because grinding the same old boring content isn't fun. I've completed vMA once to see how it is. Same with the trials. I'm not obsessing over BiS gear.

I'm with you on this. This is pretty much it for me. I can't remember the last time I did vMA or a trial. Done it, tried it.. but grinding is not for me. So, yeah, I can't vouch for what the current state of the trial community within console are like, currently. Personally, I just don't need to have vMA or trial gears. Plenty of other gears and sets as effective.. minus the unpleasantries of the contents of vMA and particularly vet trials. Doing something over and over again, repeatedly or consecutively straight on for hours on end is just not for me. Been going at this game towards two years now, and I've yet to join any grinding group, or will ever. I've attained more than enough gold, have vast amounts of materials and never had to grind skyreach or join any bear, dolmen or dreugh farming/grinding group. Good for them, though; to each its own, game on.. play your game.

• Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guild was doing at least one hardmode trial, and 3 vet runs per day every week. Now we are lucky to get two rosters to fill in a week. Ps4 NA now seems to be just a handful of guilds getting 80k plus and lots of newer players trying their hand at trials for the first time. Lol I got 27 weekly in VMA this week for a 510k score. I am on leaderboards for magblade too. People have left.

We all got zosed. Homestead was a much funner update. People felt powerful, and more people wanted to participate in end game. Not anymore. Not to mention the weekly rewards are really bad now. The carrot is gone, and vhof is a waste of time. The sets are mediocre and not worth the 15-20 minute fights. I would MUCH rather do vmol. That is, if I could find another 11 players who aren't as sick and tired of heavy attacking as I am.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somebody make a guild and inv everyone we know who's bout that trial life

@Ch4mpTW I seen that happen yesterday as well, hours for a guild to start a nHOF group.
    The Flyers
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end game gear progression is a joke, thats why people dont do trials anymore, like whats the point of doing a hardmode? getting twice as much crap that you already have just to vendor it? A 10k worth of gold item to sell? Give me a break.

As of maelstrom, cmon, seriously people, its one of the most annoying contents in the game, people WILL eventually drop it, they do only for the gear and stupid RNG is what keep most of them there.

Lets take for example a player that has completed all 3 craglorn trials (60% of the trials in the game btw), has all gold jewelry and hard mode achievements (Which was easy last patch). Whats the point of doing a leaderboard run nowdays? Would you rather burn 1 hour + to get a hardmode and a nice score and get a random piece of crap sunday, or do any other game content?
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    All time low scores on weekly last week, nobody really wants to raid and maelstrom leaderboards are struggling to even find 100 people to complete maelstrom.

Untrue. The lower scores are all because the usual suspects at the top of the leaderboards are all progressing vHoF.

lol nobody is spending all their time in vHoF, lots of people quit/not doing trials anymore

^^^I've lost some good friends this patch who were top tier raiders. Sad times :(

As one of those top tier raiders since One Tamriel, I have also stopped running trials for the most part. I'll only show up if a group needs help in vHoF.

People don't like the new focus on heavy attacks. These boss fights in vHoF are taking a long time to finish because everyone is dealing very low DPS compared to last patch. Even worse, there are tons of resource-draining mechanics.

Casting Liquid Lightning+Blockade of Fire+maybe a few other DoTs -> Heavy Attack spam -> repeat for 10-15min is ridiculous tbh. It tires people out very quickly on wipes as well.

@Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

The truth of the matter is, people are fed-up with things as a whole. People are fed-up with the horrible RNG, the numerous bugs and glitches, the elitist and snobby guilds, and overall parroting of the "meta" that goes on day and night. And honestly? I don't blame them. It took me leaving the game entirely (as in uninstalling) to truly enjoy ESO upon coming back, and having a great experience whenever I play. Too much of anything is no good, and I admittedly was too obsessed with ESO. I played it far too much, and thus involved me investing way too much time and emotionally attachment to the game and community as a whole. Which is why I'd have so many posts that were so controversial in the past. It was a steady build-up of stuff, and I just ultimately exploded. Nowadays...? I'm loving every bit of ESO. Community and all.

Pretty much this. Damage isn't the issue, and in Halls it's definitely l2p not stupid mechanics. Our boss two day 1 fight probably took us 15+ minutes (with like 0 deaths actually when we finally beat it), last night it took 6 and a half with some awful luck (we choked) at the end that added a solid 30 seconds. I'm parsing 54k on a 51m dummy with group buffs with no vma staff on my dk, 47k on a pet sorc running e drain myself, 40k on a stamplar solo without major fracture, I could go on.

Honestly on Xbox NA there are several trials guilds making a return from what I've heard. There are several new guilds forming as well. Compare this to Homestead where there were literally 3-4 stable raid guilds and only 1 competing for #1 spots and the raid community at least is not in a terrible place right now. Currently there's 3-4 guilds capable of putting up #1 spots and two currently trading Halls top spots with those scores climbing to nearing 100k, there's at least 5-6 guilds I can think of that are on the rise and able to easily post near 100k non hm vmol scores.

People are just doing other things right now. We just had a major patch that added a new trial, new class, new story and people are wanting to experience and work on those. Once people get comfortable in Halls and play their Wardens some, I'm sure vma/weekly/old trial scores will shoot up. I know I haven't done nearly anything outside of Halls/testing characters and builds since the patch. I've not done VHR at all, I hopped in one AA last boss instance, vmol like 3 times, and a drunk VSO run for a weekly last week. Not to mention I haven't stepped foot in BGs or Cyrodil at all since the update. This was an enormous patch, give it some some to settle in and it'll get better.

Omg..... do not try to flex your DPS numbers at me. People hate when you try this stuff and it does not bring validity to your claims. It also seems to have flown past your head that there was a "/sarcasm" at the end of paragraph that was in agreement with what you just wrote seriously :lol:

You say that on Xbox NA the trials community is thriving? This is contrary to all other platforms, and from what I've heard from the actual raiders on your platform themselves, it is simply untrue. Numerous raiders left with Morrowind as is true with all platforms.

Also you're saying that Xbox NA has multiple guilds that have placed near 100K vHoF scores. Are you joking me right now?? My team earned the first vHoF complete across all console servers, and we are not even remotely close to that. We won't be for a long time since we still struggle with 4th boss and have 0 Vitality all of the time.... vHoF has an FPS issue that makes it a nightmare. If the 4th boss isn't beaten in 1 try it seems to progressively get much more difficult due to game performance. Also there is a bug with the last boss not giving you any points (or something wierd like this) found when our group completed with 0 Vitality quicker than another guild but earned a lower score by like 13K (their score being like 16K) xD

......but magically Xbox NA has totally exploded in popularity, a bunch of guilds are totally crushing vMoL now (they still farm run this rn?) and vHoF is being completed with high Vitality in under an hour. I don't think anyone who understands what this means would buy it.

Feel free to post screenshots of those sub-100K vHoF scores though if it is true from the Xbox NA server. You can prove me wrong quite easily by doing that. It just really annoys me when people write up posts like you have that no one asked for which randomly say everything is fantastic, and that you've got great DPS numbers like it means anything in an actual raid, all with zero proof to back anything up.

Wow, what a hostile response, hardly warranted at all. I wasn't flexing numbers, I was making a point but sure. Also your guild was not the first guild on console to beat Halls either, mine was. Xbox NA currently has a 75k score and a 61k (that would have been much much higher had a healer not dced and a botched pull ruined it.) There will be 90k scores in the next couple days as we are beginning to finish with vitality.

Edit: Oh we also had second complete too, and almost third before any other guild on console lmfao

Since when was Major slayer "your guild"? Half of its members completed it first on PTS, then PC, and came to do it on Xbox. Talking about an unfair advantage...

Huh, it's the guild I raid with? Also I don't know where you heard half our members beat it on PC but you're not even close to right. Literally one player beat it on PC and he was on a DPS. Switching to a tank and relearning the trial is a completely different beast. Every strat we used to beat it was easily accessible to everyone else through videos or streams. I'm just glad we didn't have to hold the instance 4 days to get a completion :D
    Edited by DjMuscleboy02 on June 21, 2017 1:50PM
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    Console gamers are fickle and will move on to other stuff. Game should never have released on console in the first place. Screwed over the PC players for content because of it.

Im a PC player on most games but lets be honest here, if it wasnt for the console launch this game would likely be dead or in a maintenance mode. Consoles are 66% of your total game population.
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

• IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you keep doing VMA after you got the drops you need? Why would you keep doing trials after you get all the stuff you need?for a score that nobody cares about. People that did it all got it all or don't are are doing fun things that they like to do like questing farming pvping BGs.

I have never met one player that enjoyed trial runs and vma. I'm sure they are out there but they are very few.

Maybe because some of us enjoy the content itself? Why play only for the drops? What is the point in having better drops if you aren't going to use it to run the harder content?

I view the gear grind as a progression to the trials. Trials are the fun part, but honestly its probably the social aspect of trials what makes it all the more fun. And there's also leaderboards which give us an incentive.

I'll admit I wish there was more incentive to run trials, but I've had a lot of people complain that "gear" shouldn't be locked behind difficult content. If there was something sellable that dropped from trials people also complain that raiders have "monopolies" on the items.

Clearly some people want more incentives to run trials (and I'd love to see more people running trials), but sadly too many people run trials just to get their golden jewelry and drop as soon as they get it.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Same problem as usual, ZOS does not give enough incentive to do trials. There is legit NO POINT doing trials except for leaderboards and this is obviously bad and shows that smth needs to be done.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭

Then I would assume that more players would play in Vvardenfell, my personal experience with the zone is that after the initial rush it's back to what all the other zones are. It doesn't feel like there are more players. And yes, a lot of vet's are starting to drop out.

Exactly,
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Same problem as usual, ZOS does not give enough incentive to do trials. There is legit NO POINT doing trials except for leaderboards and this is obviously bad and shows that smth needs to be done.

It is actually how I feel about almost all of the game. There is no real reason to keep doing it once you have done it. Now that may sound good. I mean who wants to grind? But then this is an MMO. If I have no reason to keep doing things, I just quit. I know you can't make content fast enough, but give me a reward to work towards. Something worthwhile, not some numbers on an achievement panel that mean nothing. I can only put up with RNG as a reason to do things over and over for so long.
  • TooSaucy
    TooSaucy

@Vaoh Hm? What are you talking about? According to someone apart of 1 of the top 3 end-game guilds on PS4-NA I spoke to, damage is at an all time high with this update. And how 38k is the bare minimum required to be apart of 1 of those 3 guilds if you're a Sorcerer, with 40k being the minimum if you're a PetSorc. This is because supposedly the content is dramatically easier with everyone being boosted in power and all. /sarcasm (although I really was told that ignorant bs by that person however)

The truth of the matter is, people are fed-up with things as a whole. People are fed-up with the horrible RNG, the numerous bugs and glitches, the elitist and snobby guilds, and overall parroting of the "meta" that goes on day and night. And honestly? I don't blame them. It took me leaving the game entirely (as in uninstalling) to truly enjoy ESO upon coming back, and having a great experience whenever I play. Too much of anything is no good, and I admittedly was too obsessed with ESO. I played it far too much, and thus involved me investing way too much time and emotionally attachment to the game and community as a whole. Which is why I'd have so many posts that were so controversial in the past. It was a steady build-up of stuff, and I just ultimately exploded. Nowadays...? I'm loving every bit of ESO. Community and all.

Pretty much this. Damage isn't the issue, and in Halls it's definitely l2p not stupid mechanics. Our boss two day 1 fight probably took us 15+ minutes (with like 0 deaths actually when we finally beat it), last night it took 6 and a half with some awful luck (we choked) at the end that added a solid 30 seconds. I'm parsing 54k on a 51m dummy with group buffs with no vma staff on my dk, 47k on a pet sorc running e drain myself, 40k on a stamplar solo without major fracture, I could go on.

Honestly on Xbox NA there are several trials guilds making a return from what I've heard. There are several new guilds forming as well. Compare this to Homestead where there were literally 3-4 stable raid guilds and only 1 competing for #1 spots and the raid community at least is not in a terrible place right now. Currently there's 3-4 guilds capable of putting up #1 spots and two currently trading Halls top spots with those scores climbing to nearing 100k, there's at least 5-6 guilds I can think of that are on the rise and able to easily post near 100k non hm vmol scores.

People are just doing other things right now. We just had a major patch that added a new trial, new class, new story and people are wanting to experience and work on those. Once people get comfortable in Halls and play their Wardens some, I'm sure vma/weekly/old trial scores will shoot up. I know I haven't done nearly anything outside of Halls/testing characters and builds since the patch. I've not done VHR at all, I hopped in one AA last boss instance, vmol like 3 times, and a drunk VSO run for a weekly last week. Not to mention I haven't stepped foot in BGs or Cyrodil at all since the update. This was an enormous patch, give it some some to settle in and it'll get better.

Omg..... do not try to flex your DPS numbers at me. People hate when you try this stuff and it does not bring validity to your claims. It also seems to have flown past your head that there was a "/sarcasm" at the end of paragraph that was in agreement with what you just wrote seriously :lol:

You say that on Xbox NA the trials community is thriving? This is contrary to all other platforms, and from what I've heard from the actual raiders on your platform themselves, it is simply untrue. Numerous raiders left with Morrowind as is true with all platforms.

Also you're saying that Xbox NA has multiple guilds that have placed near 100K vHoF scores. Are you joking me right now?? My team earned the first vHoF complete across all console servers, and we are not even remotely close to that. We won't be for a long time since we still struggle with 4th boss and have 0 Vitality all of the time.... vHoF has an FPS issue that makes it a nightmare. If the 4th boss isn't beaten in 1 try it seems to progressively get much more difficult due to game performance. Also there is a bug with the last boss not giving you any points (or something wierd like this) found when our group completed with 0 Vitality quicker than another guild but earned a lower score by like 13K (their score being like 16K) xD

......but magically Xbox NA has totally exploded in popularity, a bunch of guilds are totally crushing vMoL now (they still farm run this rn?) and vHoF is being completed with high Vitality in under an hour. I don't think anyone who understands what this means would buy it.

Feel free to post screenshots of those sub-100K vHoF scores though if it is true from the Xbox NA server. You can prove me wrong quite easily by doing that. It just really annoys me when people write up posts like you have that no one asked for which randomly say everything is fantastic, and that you've got great DPS numbers like it means anything in an actual raid, all with zero proof to back anything up.

Wow, what a hostile response, hardly warranted at all. I wasn't flexing numbers, I was making a point but sure. Also your guild was not the first guild on console to beat Halls either, mine was. Xbox NA currently has a 75k score and a 61k (that would have been much much higher had a healer not dced and a botched pull ruined it.) There will be 90k scores in the next couple days as we are beginning to finish with vitality.

Edit: Oh we also had second complete too, and almost third before any other guild on console lmfao

Since when was Major slayer "your guild"? Half of its members completed it first on PTS, then PC, and came to do it on Xbox. Talking about an unfair advantage...

Lol we had 2 people complete it on LIVE server on PC NA. We both DPS on PC however 1 of us tanks it on Console as a dark elf.. If 6/12 of our raid team completed on PC why would we even come back to console. We went to PC until trials were fixed.
    I don't get why you even look at eso forums or talk about this game. You quit and you don't raid anymore Oompuh just go outside and forget about this game.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Population is strong in many areas of the game on Xbox EU, considering people are still questing in Vvardenfell.

If a few 'elites' drop off the game as they don't like the changes, I think its healthy, means more fresh blood has a chance to get onto the boards and get interested. Its been dull and stagnant in many areas.

Alarmist sky is falling posts do nothing to help the game.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the guy in charge of balance is doing a pitiful job of it. You can't constantly nerf abilities et al without getting people pissed off. Find him a nice quiet little desk in the corner and find someone else who knows how to do it much better.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait you are saying that a whole new expansion came out and people are trying the new things before going back to their regular activities. People are shock experiencing the content and not just running VMA again. Noooo how weird. Chill sky is not falling it's normal it will go back to same old soon enough
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    Trexton wrote: »
    Never understood why they aren't merged like FF 14.

Because PC has macro's and cheat engine.

We don't want that trash on console.

This. If they ever merge, I will quit on the spot.

Me too, I dont wanna bunch of gamepadplayers with me in PvE/PVP, walking and fighting like they are rowing through mud/are a little bit slow, not typing anything in chat like a Zombie. Leave the consoleplayers where they are.

Why?

Afraid of getting schooled by people who actually have to learn raid mechanics and tells rather than just obeying the orders of Raid Notifier? Afraid of getting out-DPS'd by people who actually have to learn and practice rotations rather than just "put your DoTs down and do stuff until the add-on tells you to put your DoTs down again?"

;)
    Edited by LiquidPony on June 21, 2017 4:04PM
  • Vuz3
    Vuz3
    @Oompuh do you even know what you're talking about when you say that people from slayer completed on pts? Only group that cleared on pts was mc core 1. Vezuls is and was the only one in Slayer who completed vHoF on PC NA Live server before coming over to xbox one to complete. I understand y'all have to make excuses to feel better it's ok. Madcuzbad
    - Xbox to PC/NA transfer (Vuzion)
    Vuzion - Mag NB - Dro'Mathra Destroyer / 590k vMA / 129k vMOL
    Záphyr - Mag Sorc - Dro'Mathra Destroyer / 140k vMOL
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12-18 month waits between raids that are ultimately pointless will not sustain an end game raiding community. You have to put out a new raid every 4-6 months with a longer gap being acceptable at the end of an expansion leading into a new expansion and we desperately need gear progression to give a reason to run the content in the first place.

And how the hell are we getting a "mini trial"? Trials are only 3-5 bosses in the first place...
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    12-18 month waits between raids that are ultimately pointless will not sustain an end game raiding community. You have to put out a new raid every 4-6 months with a longer gap being acceptable at the end of an expansion leading into a new expansion and we desperately need gear progression to give a reason to run the content in the first place.

And how the hell are we getting a "mini trial"? Trials are only 3-5 bosses in the first place...

Well, for a lot of groups (obviously not the groups at the top of the leaderboards), raids like SO and MoL and now HoF are hour-long slogs on hardmode, and the time spent is largely trash pulls rather than bosses (less so in HoF).

I like the idea of having a Trial that can be knocked out in well under an hour even by average groups. Much more appealing to the broader community IMO.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Well, for a lot of groups (obviously not the groups at the top of the leaderboards), raids like SO and MoL and now HoF are hour-long slogs on hardmode, and the time spent is largely trash pulls rather than bosses (less so in HoF).

I like the idea of having a Trial that can be knocked out in well under an hour even by average groups. Much more appealing to the broader community IMO.

u mean a dungeon
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger