Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwarven spider - stupidest looking mount in the game

• GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I'm gonna get that. Looks awesome. Like bada$$ chariot, with legs.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More unlorefriendly things....what is this World of Warcraft? Seeing things like that is highly immersive breaking.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on June 7, 2017 1:01AM
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spider.jpg

this mount is perfect match to my character
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the dumbest ****Ing thing I've seen all week. I love it.

Right?!
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm about 50% sure i'm going buy.

Either way I love seeing these guys jumping around tamriel!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on June 7, 2017 1:55AM
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    People need to get over the ES is a evolving project world that gets new lore added every game and every instance. Its not unlorefriendly if nothing ever specifically said they never made dwemer mounts. Yagrum proves it that they had the idea to ride there constructs at all so wtf are you people complaining about?
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's hilarious and quite well priced.

i'm not sure i have a character it would suit, though.

i might buy it anyway, maybe someday we'll get some sort of dwemer automaton skin.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More unlorefriendly things....what is this World of Warcraft? Seeing things like that is highly immersive breaking.

MMO..... immersion..... bwaahahahaha! :D

(sorry, my introduction to this whole "immersion is a terrible thing that just ruins games" was on the Skyrim forums. Where even the slightest hint of user interface or fractional second of seeing your character in 3rd person would apparently "ruin mah immurshuns!" So the idea that people could get this "immersion" thing in an MMO, with UI & numbers all over the screen along with dozens of other players with silly names bouncing all around you, is hard to comprehend. Assuming I believed in "immersion" to start with.)

personally, I'm surprised. I figured it would be another 4k+ mount. But yeah, does look a bit silly.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honesty the negative comments all sound like sour grapes and jealousy to me.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally do not like as I am not a fan of dwemer style, however I think it's a cool mount and the art team did a good job.
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    How the heck is that mount reasonably priced?? Keep seeing people saying that but that's ridiculous for an in-game mount imo.

On how I think it looks? Definitely one of a kind but not really my thing.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alsuran wrote: »
    And a gif with the riding animation here: http://imgur.com/W4hfRbi

It's a 7 Mb file, so it might load slowly.

EDIT: plus a longer video, but without sound. Maybe someone can capture the sound as well and post another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05lo_TXyLSM&feature=youtu.be

That looks awesome
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, its so hilariously silly.
    Lore-wise I have more questions about other "dwemer" mounts (camels, wolves etc). Dwemer spider isnt that far-teched knowing that Telvanni mages can control dwemer constructs, you can even get some of them as house guardians in original Morrowind (I think there also was a summoning spell but Im not sure about that). :)
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 7, 2017 3:10AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid?! it's great! It's super animated and i just can't wait to see an army of them zooming down the cliff into Hel Ra.
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    I like it! It doesn't bounce up and down like normal mounts. It's like sailing on a cloud.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while i myself don't currently have a character where this mount fits i truly APPRECIATE zos for doing something new besides just the constant recoloring
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it looks fun, 3000 crown is not cheap. It is expensive for what it is.
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be bigger. Big characters like nords and orcs look weird on them.

Those mounts should look too small for Nords and Orcs, considering that they were built both by and for the Dwarves. ;)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »

Those mounts should look too small for Nords and Orcs, considering that they were built both by and for the Dwarves. ;)

were dwemer really smaller in size than other elves?
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »

dwemer was a tall mer race.
    they were called dwarves only because their neighbors were the giant race.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This item seems to be missing a toilet roll holder and magazine rack.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dwarven Spider is hands down the best mount in this game
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dwarven Spider is hands down the best mount in this game

Buyer's remorse has kicked in I see. Keep repeating that mantra, it'll be true in your mind eventually.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel they missed an opportunity to create a battle mount. Let it strike enemies with its claws and shock em while you doing spells or whatever.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel they missed an opportunity to create a battle mount. Let it strike enemies with its claws and shock em while you doing spells or whatever.

They could've started this battlemount thing with the senches, make a three second stun from kitty breath attacks and a bleed from the kitty slap.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    This is the most ludicrous mount ever. It is quite eccentric, just like my Main Crafter and Harvester.

For me, spending £20 more on Morrowind - just to get the Dwemer Horse - was not worth it but this mount is so hilarious that it was a must have for me. Accumulated Crowns paid for it.

The mount is excellent for bouncing up to the top of mountains, to reach all those mushroom inaccessible on foot. There is room in the seating compartment to keep the harvest safe on ones way down.

It is a bit clunky and bouncy but it is eco-friendly as it spews out steam on start-up - not green bile like some mounts we could mention.

I very much hope that they do not sell well because I would hate to loose the exclusivity of owning such a beast. Eccentric and commonplace do not sit well together!

I hope they do sell well because it'll show @ZOS that 3000 crowns is a better price for a mount than 4500 crowns.
    Edited by MythicEmperor on June 7, 2017 5:09AM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Saitama
    Saitama
    ✭✭
    kagouti far better, interms of looks, animation and effects
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    tdgtd_dwemer_yagrum.jpg

There is a definitely a precedent because of Yagrum Bagarn. My only issue is this: there is only one precedent. Not 10,000 crawling along like maniacs across Tamriel. It is like saying "Dagoth Ur is a thing. Let's let everyone be Dagoth Ur!"

In any case, at this point I have gotten used to ZOS's ludicrous mounts, and at least this one makes a certain degree of sense. I'd rather see Dwemer constructs roaming the wilds than flashy atronach or neon spriggan mounts.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Nightenhowl
    Nightenhowl
    ✭✭✭
    Ugly af