Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwarven spider - stupidest looking mount in the game

• Valorin
    Valorin
    ✭✭✭
    This thing is so hilarious! You should try riding it with an Argonian...
    If it has a place in the game or not is another question, but to be honest: It's not worse than the glow panther, the spriggan mounts or the glow skins like Dro'Mathra and Amber Plasm...
    I bought it because it was a completely new animated and created thing. Means, it's more than a reskin of mounts that are actually in the game.
    I also laughed a lot while hopping over rocks and stuff with rapid maneuver activated. That alone was worth it. :D

EDIT: I'm a sucker for immersion, and this thing really has no place at all in an immersive playthrough, but since this is an mmo and already spoiled by glowthings and stupid looking characters, I don't really mind anymore. The spider is clearly not made for immersion, but absolutely takes the cake. Also because it takes lots of courage to release such a thing. :D
    Edited by Valorin on June 7, 2017 5:08AM
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »
    Needs to be bigger. Big characters like nords and orcs look weird on them.

Those mounts should look too small for Nords and Orcs, considering that they were built both by and for the Dwarves. ;)

The Dwemer were not small, contrary to ignorant belief. They were actually quite an average height. According to legend, it was the giants who first called them "Dwarves", which was clearly a relative term. The Dwarven Spectres of Morrowind were actually about the same height as the Dunmer. "Dwemer" translates to Deep-Elves, referring to their lives underground. So no, the Dwemer were not short (as implied by calling the taller races into question), but of average (or even above average) height.

latest?cb=20150308164851

With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    RouDantes wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'll ever understand people bitching about the mere existence of things they personally don't like. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

It is a shared world. When you buy a mount and ride around on it, everyone around you gets to see it in the game.

Exactly. It is a shared world, and just like the real world, you're going to have to see things you don't like that other people do. You get to decide what you look like and what you do, and so does everyone else. No one is special.

I don't understand the sense of entitlement some people have about what they see other people doing.

I'm not saying you're defending them, necessarily, but your attempt to explain them really only highlights why their bitching is self absorbed and ridiculous.
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    The mount itself looks kinda cute but players look stupid af riding in it.

No more stupid than on that large green mount with the flies floating around it like a turd.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I'll ever understand people bitching about the mere existence of things they personally don't like. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

It is a shared world. When you buy a mount and ride around on it, everyone around you gets to see it in the game.

Exactly. It is a shared world, and just like the real world, you're going to have to see things you don't like that other people do. You get to decide what you look like and what you do, and so does everyone else. No one is special.

I don't understand the sense of entitlement some people have about what they see other people doing.

I'm not saying you're defending them, necessarily, but your attempt to explain them really only highlights why their bitching is self absorbed and ridiculous.

Yeah, in the real world, I absolutely hate when people clank through the streets on their giant robo-spiders. We are definitely able to compare the real world to ESO, hence the magic, elves, and Betmer. Obviously no differences.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    spider.jpg

this mount is perfect match to my character

It's a shame that light doesn't stay on for long, spider squadrons are already a thing and I'd love to see a string of them lit up like that racing across the countryside at night.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what? Riding this thing is fun. FUN. Really fun. And jumping, aaaaah its so fun.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much ? 2500, 5000 crowns ? if 5 I will have to pass, 2500 I MIGHT get it
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's too small.

Toilet analogy aside.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    I feel they missed an opportunity to create a battle mount. Let it strike enemies with its claws and shock em while you doing spells or whatever.

They could've started this battlemount thing with the senches, make a three second stun from kitty breath attacks and a bleed from the kitty slap.

I want this now. But maybe make the kitty breath a fear effect.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My immersion went out the door months ago. Goofy mounts like these spiders are not my cup of tea, but I'd rather see a ton of these contraptions than the atro or wild hunt mounts... or fire/ice/zombie horses.
    PC-EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel they missed an opportunity to create a battle mount. Let it strike enemies with its claws and shock em while you doing spells or whatever.

They could've started this battlemount thing with the senches, make a three second stun from kitty breath attacks and a bleed from the kitty slap.

Trust this one. After enough fish Kitty Breath really is a fear effect yes.

Also it may occasionally stun.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Trust this one. After enough fish Kitty Breath really is a fear effect yes.

Also it may occasionally stun.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Truth.

Some nights we don't want the front end pointed at us in bed because the food was fish. Nasty.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just asking in the game chat if the dwemmer made cars.

Then they release this mount. Deffinitely gonna buy.

Gonna pick me up some hot high elf females.
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Why can't they just come out with some better horses????

I totally agree with you there mate. I love horses and only horses for eso.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deffinitely gonna buy.

No, you're not.

With this mount, your available girl range is somewhere around this:

8f1n3yxuk4nwvaw.jpg

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deffinitely gonna buy.

No, you're not.

8f1n3yxuk4nwvaw.jpg

Im okay with that
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's goofy but I'll probably buy it
  • modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this mount and with a reasonable price too. I'm happy to see they haven't just reskinned another bear or a lion but made a completely new thing which also includes uniqe animation for mounting and dismounting. It's well worth it imo.
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deffinitely gonna buy.

No, you're not.

8f1n3yxuk4nwvaw.jpg

Im okay with that

4s3k3w1md28kbsm.jpg
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    This:

Spidey_Vrum_Model.png

Want.

#shutupandtakemycrowns
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes you look like the guy with corpus from the original morrowind
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    For me personally bleh... I liked the game when it was horses only, opening to some extra mounts was nice, how far it's gone makes me worry for the future.

Still I am also an adult, so each to their own tastes.

^^^
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all went downhill with the Dro'mathra Senche. That was the opening of Pandora's Box. There will be more trashy stuff that people find cool because it's so hilarious in the future. Already looking forward to giant Silk Strider and Fire Atronach mounts.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spider is the flavour of this month yes. The next month the flavour it will be different.

After all who has seen a Dro'Mathra Senche recently?

Khajiit suspects the flavour will still be Dwemer in some way, probably those things from the crates.

Khajiit wishes we were talking about ice cream instead. Khajiit would be interested in dwemer ice cream.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • wahoozie
    wahoozie
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have it but I'm loving it. It looks like a go-kart with legs :D
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valorin wrote: »
    This thing is so hilarious! You should try riding it with an Argonian...
    If it has a place in the game or not is another question, but to be honest: It's not worse than the glow panther, the spriggan mounts or the glow skins like Dro'Mathra and Amber Plasm...
    I bought it because it was a completely new animated and created thing. Means, it's more than a reskin of mounts that are actually in the game.
    I also laughed a lot while hopping over rocks and stuff with rapid maneuver activated. That alone was worth it. :D

EDIT: I'm a sucker for immersion, and this thing really has no place at all in an immersive playthrough, but since this is an mmo and already spoiled by glowthings and stupid looking characters, I don't really mind anymore. The spider is clearly not made for immersion, but absolutely takes the cake. Also because it takes lots of courage to release such a thing. :D

My Argonian does ride around in it with his Dwemer hat and Dwemer armour, even his tail sits comfortably out the back of the spider.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Dwarven Spider mount is funny. Kinda like dudes who drive mopeds.

I sure wouldn't drive one.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Floppyjo
    Floppyjo
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes the spider is soooo bad .. because we really need another re-color of a horse or a wolf or a cat ...

The Spider is part of the lore, its great. The spider has always been cool in ESO, I'm amazed it's taken this long to become a mount tbh. I want a dreugh next ... or a ghost-something. Do something that other MMO's don't and conservatives hate, something actually unique and interesting, just like the spider. People want to pay for something special, not same old crap.

Id rather shoot the horses, wolves and cats, and remove them from the game. Well maybe leave 1 or 2 of each but make them more unique.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D I love this thing! After a quick preview I had to get - had fun for hours just derping around...
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP