Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwarven spider - stupidest looking mount in the game

• Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with 50+ riding speed, this thing feels like a Lamborghini B)

having so much fun just racing across Tamriel <3
    PC
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    with 50+ riding speed, this thing feels like a Lamborghini B)

having so much fun just racing across Tamriel <3

And Retreating Maneuvers is like adding nitrous.
    Playing since beta...
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to make a post about this! The dwemer spider mount is so silly... I LOVE IT ! I spent my whole last gaming session burning around Vvardenfell with my new warden mounted on the dwemer spider. Watching it clambering over the volcanic rocks at high speed just made me smile so much :D
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Tylersoh
    Tylersoh
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting for them to add a Wamasu mount.
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    This mount is great. The way it handles is unlike any of the others, don't know why but it does and it's great and it's dwemmer my favorite.
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    I saw one pass me at the Vivec City wayshrine and thought it looked awesome. I am just not into dwemer anything or I would have bought it.
    For the Horde!
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it looks great. Not worth 3000 crowns, but it looks fun.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed. Some of the mounts introduced lately are ill conceived, especially the spider. It's like a little dweamer Go-Cart. Seriously immersion breaking.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just spent my 3k crowns from subbing on the 2 extra char slots, didn't really care much for the mount thought last 2 character slots was worth alot more
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    The mount itself looks kinda cute but players look stupid af riding in it.

I agree, even though I am one of those who look stupid af riding it. It gives me back a feeling I have not felt in a long time, in guild chat I equated it to being a kid and getting your first remote control car. It really feels like that to me, at least for now. It was well worth the crowns for to get back that feeling even if the feeling ends up being short lived.

On another note, is it just me or is it easier to climb rocks/mountains with this mount than with the other mounts?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    The mount itself looks kinda cute but players look stupid af riding in it.

I agree, even though I am one of those who look stupid af riding it. It gives me back a feeling I have not felt in a long time, in guild chat I equated it to being a kid and getting your first remote control car. It really feels like that to me, at least for now. It was well worth the crowns for to get back that feeling even if the feeling ends up being short lived.

On another note, is it just me or is it easier to climb rocks/mountains with this mount than with the other mounts?

The only thing that would make it better is if you could scale vertical walls. And no it maneuvers over all terrain better than any mount yet.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    is it just me or is it easier to climb rocks/mountains with this mount than with the other mounts?
    It's because this mount has more legs that only use a small collision box. So your able to grip onto steep surfaces better as a result.

┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Why can't they just come out with some better horses????
    There can never be too many horse colors.
    I wish they'd give them more realistic eyes, though.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Horses definitely need an upgrade...

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would like to see more practical mounts - though not necessarily horses.

Perhaps a donkey or a cow?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    agreed. Some of the mounts introduced lately are ill conceived, especially the spider. It's like a little dweamer Go-Cart. Seriously immersion breaking.

Ohhhhhhhhh they broke your immersion.

What about you wake up and you realize this is a video game
    Khajiit would like to see more practical mounts - though not necessarily horses.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

A Khajiit riding a big gorilla.... What about a bull >:)
    Edited by Kay1 on June 8, 2017 9:31AM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMFan1966 wrote: »
    I saw someone in game last night going around and around in circles on this mount and it was hysterically funny! I wasn't going to get it, but after watching that, I think I might have to!

That's how I stroll :D

Seriously there will be Dwemobile clubs that just cruise with this! For the first time and after thousand of hours I'm having fun while riding in this game. Used to be boring transport from A to B.

Also best thing about the ride is how it handles.

Yes already looking forward to another evening of rapid maneuvers, Mario Kart music and cruising in the Dwemobile B)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this thread convinced me to immediately log in and buy the mount. Thanks OP!
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, I bought it, deal with it. Seriously can't wait to have speed maxed to 60 on my Warden.

Don't see many others with it yet. So, unlike here in this topic, it doesn't seem to be that popular in game.
    Edited by The Uninvited on June 8, 2017 10:16AM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • ObsidianMichi
    ObsidianMichi
    ✭✭✭
    I. Love. The. Dwarven. Mount.

I log on to my little Stamina Sorc just to vroom vroom around the fountain outside Deshaan before gassing it up (feeding it). It moves with a style all its own. You can time its "rear" animation to sync with the new Dwarven spider pet's version! Big and little flappies! Oh! It's the best! Then, you go zooming off on your adventures. They even changed the ride animation so you don't bounce up and down when you move (like you would on any of the others) because its a flat gait just propelling forward. The price was way lower than I expected, plus I bought it with the crowns I got on sale. It isn't even lore breaking.

I've got a need for speed and no one can stop me! Hahahahaha!

Now, I just need some kind of tinker class a la Neramo, Kireth, and Raynor to go with it.

In the meantime, though, I can finally build my dwemer workshop whenever I get around to buying my house. None of the barns will fit this thing so... save for the Daggerfall Overlook? :'(
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    My only gripe is the still animations when running, they should add the vibrations, just like when its standing still
  • ObsidianMichi
    ObsidianMichi
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have a screenshot, but no video sorry. Here, the Dwemer Mount and it's mini-me in matching mid animation pose.

20170608012826_1_zpswy4kdwsf.jpg
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuff said
    And your point is ... pointless?
    Edited by KerinKor on June 8, 2017 10:46AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At speed 60 it goes like the clappers! Add rapid manoeuvre on and it's legs go mental! Best mount yet! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • gary.mcleodeb17_ESO
    It's the wrong trousers, Gromit, and they've gone wrong!
    Chilli Chillama of Chillrend.

Language is the source of misunderstandings.
    'The Little Prince'
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Say to yourself first thing in the morning: I shall meet with people who are meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable. They are subject to these faults because of their ignorance of what is good and bad.” Marcus Aurelius.

The grabbing hands
    Grab all they can
    All for themselves after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts

Depeche Mode
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Horses definitely need an upgrade...

That's the case for almost all the old animal models. "Old" being the ones that were in the game upon release, I mean.

Creatures introduced by DLCs have models of much higher quality.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Yeah we need a cow mount!! when you press space it will either go MOOOO or instead drop a turd, I can imagine if it did that then it would quickly become the new insult to other players in Cyrodiil.

• GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Donkey would be great.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP. Next thing will be a new race added to the game... gnomes...

So when are flying mounts and pink hair being added to the game ZOS?
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Agree with OP. Next thing will be a new race added to the game... gnomes...

So when are flying mounts and pink hair being added to the game ZOS?

Don't be giving them ideas. The do listen. :wink:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus