Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwarven spider - stupidest looking mount in the game

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    I actually don't mind how the mount looks. What put me off is the fact that your character seems to be holding on to some invisible control rods. When idle the fists wrapped around both rods keep moving up and down in a speedy motion. I'm sorry but...it's a bit too much for my imagination lol

The two control sticks are there. Don't know why you think they are invisible.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Why can't they just come out with some better horses????

Maybe they've given up trying to fix the problem with horses they reckon they can't replicate (like Blind Freddie couldn't spot it in less than thirty seconds, but I digress). Either way, the Dwarven Spider mount is far smoother over rough terrain than any of my horses.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is very "Flying Circus" I can picture a bunch of people in bathing towels riding these things to the bridge in PvP.

This could be another reason to make something dwemer style if you craft any armor and need a reason. It will accompany the trial skin I assume.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at people buying a mobile toilet for 3000 crowns. This is great!
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO a dwarven mount?

How the HELL are Bethesda allowing this??
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The subject line is saying a lot as there are a LOT of ugly mounts in this game. At least it doesn't have a cloud of green or blue leakage spewing out its rear when it runs.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does look pretty goofy running down the road with its six legs. Something very unnatural about the way it moves and looks. Hoping dwemer mounts arent a normal thing to run into during my adventures.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    LMAO a dwarven mount?

How the HELL are Bethesda allowing this??

Because its not that far fetch in the insane world of ES .
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    I actually don't mind how the mount looks. What put me off is the fact that your character seems to be holding on to some invisible control rods. When idle the fists wrapped around both rods keep moving up and down in a speedy motion. I'm sorry but...it's a bit too much for my imagination lol

The two control sticks are there. Don't know why you think they are invisible.

Hmmm. When I tested it there was nothing there. I'll try on a different character.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the most ludicrous mount ever. It is quite eccentric, just like my Main Crafter and Harvester.

For me, spending £20 more on Morrowind - just to get the Dwemer Horse - was not worth it but this mount is so hilarious that it was a must have for me. Accumulated Crowns paid for it.

The mount is excellent for bouncing up to the top of mountains, to reach all those mushroom inaccessible on foot. There is room in the seating compartment to keep the harvest safe on ones way down.

It is a bit clunky and bouncy but it is eco-friendly as it spews out steam on start-up - not green bile like some mounts we could mention.

I very much hope that they do not sell well because I would hate to loose the exclusivity of owning such a beast. Eccentric and commonplace do not sit well together!
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100% agree with OP. I can't believe that they actually added this ridiculous looking crap into the game, and since its a cs item, they cant remove it -_-
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my "stupidest looking mount ever." I have only dished out real money for crown store items twice and this was one of them. So glad this wasn't put behind those lame crown creates.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet dwemer spider mounts will be available in TES6! Great job ZOS for this idea! Was exactly what I was expecting to feed my dwemer needs.

Now waiting for a dwemer ruin home!!!! Or even better a ruined dwemer home!!! Which is btw something we've never seen and might actually be pretty interesting! How were their actual homes?? So much potential for expanding the lore in ESO!!

I mean I'm sick of the nostalgia and the restricted vision of lore purists, it's time that ESO expand even further on the ES lore and add cool stuff we've never seen before.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Finally droppin prices on cool stuff and not crate locked. Wife bought hers this morning. Buying mine after work tonight. Good job on this one.

Now quit making ugly crown store exclusive places and make something nice with actual rooms and just not all open spaces. Didn't like cavern, nor the island and this mushroom tower isn't my thing. Put in a mansion or dwarven themed mansion and I may buy one.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks terrific, and love the animations. Absolutely cool! 3000 crowns is a fair price, too. Just wondering how I can justify the purchase when I have only one character who would use it -- and he loves his polar bear! -- Better make up my mind fast.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to buy it just because it looks so troll.

Yep and things like this in game are necessary...it's like a flashing neon sign of who to not invite to groups.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it now... Sob... It's even priced well... I easily convinced myself the elk was ok to miss cuz the price... I'm gonna be sad over this one...

Lol, oh well
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know nothing...

tumblr_lte0osPp9T1qkf4s8o1_500.jpg
    PC/EU
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is absolutely the stupidest looking mount in the game, and I love it. So worth it.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! I like spiders anyway, and I like the Dwemer stuff, so it's made of win for me! If I have any criticism at all, it's that I'd have preferred the rider not leaning forward so much.

It looks like a very comfortable ride too!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pssssht, this thing is so *** unrealistic.

All the cool loremasters know that the Dwemer used suicide doors. :)

Also, tethering the lower leg to the upper leg with a solid piece of metal would inhibit movement. That's fine for the small pets, which can probably only trot a mile or two per hour and won't put much stress on those bars. But on a mount, they'd just break off. The Dwemer, being advanced, would have used a multi-piece joint pistons with inertia dampers on a spider this size intended to support a rider while moving quickly.

Otherwise, you'd still keep moving when the mount stopped. Because physics, y'all.

Even your basic saddle functions as an inertia damper to cushion and impede your forward motion if your mount stops quickly. Here you're in a metal box. Better pack your feather potions because you'll be flying out.

TLDR Fun fantasy mount, perhaps. But do not try this at home.
    signing off
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The spider animations are great, but the rider practically doesn't move. It doesn't look like a comfortable position to travel long distances in.
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying it when i get home !!
  • NiteAdder
    NiteAdder
    ✭✭✭
    Just picked it up from the crown store and its awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WolfTickets
    WolfTickets
    ✭✭
    Wickey wild, wicky wicky wild wild wild west...

http://imgur.com/UnSl6xn
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one Ill gladly pass.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alsuran wrote: »
    And a gif with the riding animation here: http://imgur.com/W4hfRbi

It's a 7 Mb file, so it might load slowly.

EDIT: plus a longer video, but without sound. Maybe someone can capture the sound as well and post another video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05lo_TXyLSM&feature=youtu.be

Thx. It's a good design.
  • Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else thinking Wild Wild West with Will Smith when they see this
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally someone has invented an saddle who don't pinch this ones tail.
    BShXtmjl.jpg
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.