Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dwarven spider - stupidest looking mount in the game

• grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man are people are salty for no reason at all.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this mount ❤️
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same people would be posting crap if this was given away free. Too many children online during the day now that school's out.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know who the mount designer are, honestly they couldn't of made an uglier mount. Looks like a giant walking toilet ffs...

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kudos to the developer who implemented pseudo DeLorean style doors.

Should have changed the whistle part, though. It seems odd to whistle for your mechanical mount.
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the way it looks, but in my opinion, it needs to be bigger. It looks kinda silly being as small as it is. I also don't like the way your character hunches forward when sprinting, and I think it would look better if your character remained upright. The ride is surprisingly smooth though, which is nice. I thought for sure it would be bouncy.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount itself looks kinda cute but players look stupid af riding in it.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a bunch of people with them in Shadowfen with some Khajiit and remake Attack of the Clones .
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one in game this morning and thought it looked kinda neat. It seems you sit in it rather than on it.
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will they release mod shops so I can pimp my spider?
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    I like the mount how you sit inside of it, reminds me of mimiron's head in wow and how I always wanted one =p
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Pssssht, this thing is so *** unrealistic.

All the cool loremasters know that the Dwemer used suicide doors. :)

Also, tethering the lower leg to the upper leg with a solid piece of metal would inhibit movement. That's fine for the small pets, which can probably only trot a mile or two per hour and won't put much stress on those bars. But on a mount, they'd just break off. The Dwemer, being advanced, would have used a multi-piece joint pistons with inertia dampers on a spider this size intended to support a rider while moving quickly.

Otherwise, you'd still keep moving when the mount stopped. Because physics, y'all.

Even your basic saddle functions as an inertia damper to cushion and impede your forward motion if your mount stops quickly. Here you're in a metal box. Better pack your feather potions because you'll be flying out.

TLDR Fun fantasy mount, perhaps. But do not try this at home.

Mine came with reinforced legs, seatbelt, air bags, and crumple zones.
    Playing since beta...
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carraig wrote: »
    WeyounTM wrote: »
    Agreed with the OP. Can't believe they actually thought this would be a good idea. :s

I have my doubts also. The Dwarven race disappeared, their ruins are still subject to many, many expeditions to unveil the Dwarven secrects and machinations (even still in Morrowind TES3 700 years later) and yet we can ride a Dwarven Spider. Not sure if this is entirely lore friendly. It looks cool though, I have to admit that. But it also makes me wonder if this walking animation could have been better spend on Silt Striders as mounts. Like the small ones used as pack animals we can see on Vvardenfell. I'm not really sure if it's lore friendly either, but it would be a specific and recognizable item of Morrowind.
    Just a thought....

My feeling is that it is a lot more lore friendly, and makes more sense, than what you are going to see in the upcoming Crown Crates.

It is a uniquely animated mount that does have some consistency with how the Dwemer did things. Spiders exist. It is not a reach to think that they could utilize them for travel. It even makes a certain amount sense that they were more common in the time of ESO since we are hard on our toys and they could be all gone by the time the TES games take place.

What makes absolutely no sense? Dwemer mounts of the more common variety. Senche, horses, guar, bears, camels. Why would anyone make these things? Oh, yeah... Marketing needs cheap recolors to throw into Crown Crates or people won't buy them.

Yeah...a dwemer spider mount seems lore-friendly to me. Just because we never saw a mount before, doesn't mean they might not have existed. If you're concerned that the Dwemer are long gone so their machines would be too, then why the heck are we fighting Dwemer constructs in Dwemer ruins. Oh...'cuz the Dwemer were master craftsmen and their creations survived them. There are many instances, even in the original MW (ffs), of active Dwemer constructs in Dwemer ruins.

I, for one, thought that the mount was gonna be stupid when I saw the promo picture - I couldn't imagine how one would sit on one. But, seeing how you actually ride it, man...I think I'm gonna get it. And, I was really expecting 5,000 crowns for it, considering the stupid kagouti mount is 4,000 (and that dumb elk at 4,500). But, for 3k? I'm thinking yes. This, to me, is a MW mount and I will more than likely end up purchasing it. Will probably only ride it in MW, though.

Also, I had hoped that the apex mounts in the Dwarven crates were gonna be like the Dwarven horse mount that comes from pre-ordering (or in the discovery pack). But, it sounds like they're actually gonna be Dwarven constructs, like the spider? If that's the case, then that IS dumb. A Dwarven SPIDER mount (or sphere mount), yes, but horses, senche, etc.? Just, no...that's NOT lore friendly. Spiders are, since spider constructs already existed.

EDIT: Oh...and we already had a spider pet that was obtainable in the Dwemer PD in Bankorai, so we already had dwemer constructs wandering around ESO.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 6, 2017 7:40PM
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like that mount if it were useful for scaling walls or other vertical surfaces.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a shark in this game so you can jump over it with your Dwemer spider mount.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Carraig wrote: »
    WeyounTM wrote: »
    Agreed with the OP. Can't believe they actually thought this would be a good idea. :s

I have my doubts also. The Dwarven race disappeared, their ruins are still subject to many, many expeditions to unveil the Dwarven secrects and machinations (even still in Morrowind TES3 700 years later) and yet we can ride a Dwarven Spider. Not sure if this is entirely lore friendly. It looks cool though, I have to admit that. But it also makes me wonder if this walking animation could have been better spend on Silt Striders as mounts. Like the small ones used as pack animals we can see on Vvardenfell. I'm not really sure if it's lore friendly either, but it would be a specific and recognizable item of Morrowind.
    Just a thought....

My feeling is that it is a lot more lore friendly, and makes more sense, than what you are going to see in the upcoming Crown Crates.

It is a uniquely animated mount that does have some consistency with how the Dwemer did things. Spiders exist. It is not a reach to think that they could utilize them for travel. It even makes a certain amount sense that they were more common in the time of ESO since we are hard on our toys and they could be all gone by the time the TES games take place.

What makes absolutely no sense? Dwemer mounts of the more common variety. Senche, horses, guar, bears, camels. Why would anyone make these things? Oh, yeah... Marketing needs cheap recolors to throw into Crown Crates or people won't buy them.

Yeah...a dwemer spider mount seems lore-friendly to me. Just because we never saw a mount before, doesn't mean they might not have existed. If you're concerned that the Dwemer are long gone so their machines would be too, then why the heck are we fighting Dwemer constructs in Dwemer ruins. Oh...'cuz the Dwemer were master craftsmen and their creations survived them. There are many instances, even in the original MW (ffs), of active Dwemer constructs in Dwemer ruins.

I, for one, thought that the mount was gonna be stupid when I saw the promo picture - I couldn't imagine how one would sit on one. But, seeing how you actually ride it, man...I think I'm gonna get it. And, I was really expecting 5,000 crowns for it, considering the stupid kagouti mount is 4,000 (and that dumb elk at 4,500). But, for 3k? I'm thinking yes. This, to me, is a MW mount and I will more than likely end up purchasing it. Will probably only ride it in MW, though.

Also, I had hoped that the apex mounts in the Dwarven crates were gonna be like the Dwarven horse mount that comes from pre-ordering (or in the discovery pack). But, it sounds like they're actually gonna be Dwarven constructs, like the spider? If that's the case, then that IS dumb. A Dwarven SPIDER mount (or sphere mount), yes, but horses, senche, etc.? Just, no...that's NOT lore friendly. Spiders are, since spider constructs already existed.

EDIT: Oh...and we already had a spider pet that was obtainable in the Dwemer PD in Bankorai, so we already had dwemer constructs wandering around ESO.

I agree completely...

I am just going to pretend that my character made it from parts of the Dwarven Spider in round 4 of VMA... She took another souvenir since they wouldn't give her the sharpened weapon she wanted.
    Playing since beta...
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is cool af.

The OP is misunderstood, that is all.
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I'll ever understand people bitching about the mere existence of things they personally don't like. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Personally, I think the camel mount is dumb and ugly, but it isn't for me, it's for the people who like it. The fact that it exists means that enough people like it that they made it and that other people bought it. I don't exactly "get" what those people see in it, but different strokes. I think the bear looks a bit lumbering and awkward, but there are people who love the idea of riding around on a bear. I think it looks a bit silly, but I have the sense to understand that not everyone shares my opinions, and that's ok.

The world does not revolve around you and your opinions, even if the are other people who agree with you. You are not the arbiter of what exists and what other people like. For everything you like, there will be countless people who don't like it, or even HATE it. That's life. You're gonna have to get used to that.

I absolutely adore the spider mount and have been hoping to be able to ride something like that ever since mounts were a thing in TES. I think it's hilarious and adorable. Does it look a bit funny? I think so, but I also think that's part of its charm. Do I care if other people don't like it? No, because my tastes are not determined by what other people like. Do I care if they think I look stupid riding around in it? No, because I'm not going to let other people, especially random strangers on the internet, affect my ability to have fun. People, including me, have been clamoring for it for years, and counting the days to when we could get our virtual hands on it. Surprise! People are different!

However, I am bemused that some of you are so incredulous that something like this was ever designed and put in the game, and feel that its presence somehow taints your experience and enjoyment, when it is literally a model that has been in ESO from the start, in dozens of sizes, all over Tamriel. Tiny little enemies and pets, to a giant boss that could crush a house. It's nothing new at all. Dwemer spider machines have been in TES... at least since number III. How is this hard to accept? LOL.

And the notion that is is "lore breaking" is absurd in a world where these things exist and operate autonomously by the thousands, a world in which the technology has been repaired, reverse engineered, tinkered with, modified, and controlled by all kinds of races, for thousands of years since the disappearance of the Dwemer. The technology to build Dwemer technology from scratch hasn't been fully mastered by other races, but that doesn't really matter because Dwemer factories are still functional and autonomously create new automatons constantly.

But I don't expect to, or really care to understand that, and my confusion about your bitching isn't going to interfere with my enjoyment of the game. I'll be over here, bouncing around in my virtual toy robot, having a *** BLAST, and SMH at why you give a ***.

LOL

Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is hilarious. The only mount I really love is my camel, but I admit to being strongly tempted by this one. Very creative!
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was an insta buy for me, my only complaint is when jumping my feet clip through the bottom of the spider. Beyond this its practically perfect. Also to these people claiming lore break, go do the new trial. All of those constructs were not made by dwemer and instead we made by either sotha sil or the clockwork mage you meet in the morowind main story. Basically someone making a mount version of a dwemer construct is not only very feasible but also very easy compared to some of the constructs in the new trial.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won zos, i only bought dlcs yet, not a single costume, mount or anything else, but damn does this mech look funny.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDantes wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'll ever understand people bitching about the mere existence of things they personally don't like. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

It is a shared world. When you buy a mount and ride around on it, everyone around you gets to see it in the game.

While I like of the spider mount, mainly because it is novel and not just a re-skin of a horse, the game is starting to get silly looking where it comes to mounts. We've got the floaty rock mounts, and the toxic waste mounts, and now we get the robot mounts. ZOS seems to be outdoing themselves when it comes to obnoxious re-skins.

Edited by Elsonso on June 6, 2017 10:42PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be amazing if it didn't look 10 sizes too small
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it or hate it kind of mount I guess. I think it looks very interesting. I don't like or dislike it but interesting.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Pssssht, this thing is so *** unrealistic.

All the cool loremasters know that the Dwemer used suicide doors. :)

Also, tethering the lower leg to the upper leg with a solid piece of metal would inhibit movement. That's fine for the small pets, which can probably only trot a mile or two per hour and won't put much stress on those bars. But on a mount, they'd just break off. The Dwemer, being advanced, would have used a multi-piece joint pistons with inertia dampers on a spider this size intended to support a rider while moving quickly.

Otherwise, you'd still keep moving when the mount stopped. Because physics, y'all.

Even your basic saddle functions as an inertia damper to cushion and impede your forward motion if your mount stops quickly. Here you're in a metal box. Better pack your feather potions because you'll be flying out.

TLDR Fun fantasy mount, perhaps. But do not try this at home.

Don't you hate it when knowing science breaks your sci-fi and fantasy immersion?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna get real tired of seeing this piece of junk running around everywhere..
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

The same people would be posting crap if this was given away free. Too many children online during the day now that school's out.

Oh, so only children get to have opinions? Gotcha.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on June 7, 2017 12:10AM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious: did all of these extra mounts somehow disappear at the end of the Second Era? :o
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cash shops ruin games.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tdgtd_dwemer_yagrum.jpg