The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

KodiPvP, how does he do it?

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Valencer wrote: »
    He's a good player who cheats subtley and intelligently and he rarely gets caught.

I was fighting him one day in cyro and msg him after I noticed something odd. I asked him how he can be immune to snares and root constantly while he fights. I knew what he would say, of course he told me forward momentum...

I said that is strange because i just recorded you getting the big burst heal from rally while we were fighting. No response after that...

40% uptime on snare, root, and CCimmunuty exists in another way that's not cheating

This was not 40% snare immunity uptime. This was a 3-4 minute fight with 100% uptime that I eventually just walked away from.

Try and focus on what he said, then imagine how he pulled off a burst heal by refreshing "forward momentum"...

Try and quell your fanboism long enough to consider, he might be a cheater. And yes, I have considered he may not be before you jump in with the 'No You' argument.

Stamina wardens have a class-based burst heal (Soothing Spores) and don't need Rally at all. Have you considered this at all?

Lol...its awesome when the streamer fanbois are willing to dream up anything so their hero can save face.

Let me ask you, what made you think he was playing a warden at the time?

So what class, build setup was it?

He was playing his stamblade with 2h and if i remember correctly, bow back bar.

He doesn't use forward momentum on his stamblade since he's in medium on that class.....

We got some slow learners here dont we...

That was my whole *** point. He uses rally and told me forward momentum was how he was getting all that sexy root and snare immunity. Cmon be a learner. Its no wonder you tools dont see cheating that is going on right in front of you.

People understand what you're saying. Nobody believes you have the ability to accurately interpret what you're witnessing. Seriously just clip a video where you see what you say you see and post it. Until then this whole discussion isn't very constructive.

He claims to have evidence then refuses to show or even link us a clip showing said evidence. Then he claims he's got too much work to do but he's here expecting me to sift through hours upon hours of footage to prove him right.

ur7ip.jpg

He wants to take me being civil about my feelings towards this streamer as me being a fan boy, I'm literally begging him for a chance to believe him because I think it would be hilarious if he's right. But the burden of proof is on you when you make an accusation of cheating and thus far there is no proof.

Thats the problem though. It is extremely difficult to detect CE. Just enough to get an edge in stats. In a game always following the meta you can just feel the difference when fighting him and others.

We say watch the stream because you can literally see the macroes and the difference in survivability whwn fighting outnumbered.

You should have saw the difference in how killable this player and the girl were after the CE scandal.

If i recall correctly they were both gone from,the game for 2-4 weeks right after that as well. ;)

Your arguments are terrible. A macro in a game with an active combat system like ESO would not give you any advantage, it would only hinder you. Macro's are used in the types of games where you have many skills, but all of them operate under lengthy and varrying cool-downs. Often times in those games having a perfected rotation is what gives an advantage. This isn't the same in ESO, you hit someone with a wrecking blow and then press leap to kill them.

And if you recall 2-4 weeks after the CE weekend, Dark Brotherhood dropped with big changes to the game. Every stamina player went from using and surviving in medium armor, to learning that medium was too susceptible to newer higher burst damage of that patch, and everyone eventually started switching to heavy armor.

We all know that you are BS'ing based on the very things you say, if you want to prove that someone is cheating record their stream and make a video breaking down why you think it's cheating. You won't or actually cannot do this, because you literally wouldn't know what you're talking about in the first place.

Alright. Yet another that is letting emotion cloud judgement. If you cant be civil then i dont care to converse with you.

Explain to me then how to proove someone is using CE with a video?

If you can't prove something is a thing, maybe that's because it isn't a thing. On one hand you're telling people to watch Kodi stream to see evidence of him cheating, and then when we explain you need to prove this you claim it's impossible based on video alone.

Your logic is literally all over the place, and you're getting called out for it. If you have an accusation it's your job to prove it, not expect people to listen to you blindly.

Getting called out by those that cannot see whats in their face. Unlimited resources, high dodge chance, 100% cc imminity, rediculous damage.

Ya. Your right. Lol

Only one thing explains that. CE

Show me a clip, literally just link a stream and a time stamp, something less than 10 minutes. I really want to see what you're saying, but I don't have time to look at his stream

Thats easy. Go to twitch literally every time he plays. No link needed. Lol

Thats fine if you dont want to. But to defend someone you havebt watched is illogical
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's a good player who cheats subtley and intelligently and he rarely gets caught.

I was fighting him one day in cyro and msg him after I noticed something odd. I asked him how he can be immune to snares and root constantly while he fights. I knew what he would say, of course he told me forward momentum...

I said that is strange because i just recorded you getting the big burst heal from rally while we were fighting. No response after that...

40% uptime on snare, root, and CCimmunuty exists in another way that's not cheating

This was not 40% snare immunity uptime. This was a 3-4 minute fight with 100% uptime that I eventually just walked away from.

Try and focus on what he said, then imagine how he pulled off a burst heal by refreshing "forward momentum"...

Try and quell your fanboism long enough to consider, he might be a cheater. And yes, I have considered he may not be before you jump in with the 'No You' argument.

Stamina wardens have a class-based burst heal (Soothing Spores) and don't need Rally at all. Have you considered this at all?

Lol...its awesome when the streamer fanbois are willing to dream up anything so their hero can save face.

He doesn't use forward momentum on his stamblade since he's in medium on that class.....

That was my whole *** point. He uses rally and told me forward momentum was how he was getting all that sexy root and snare immunity. Cmon be a learner. Its no wonder you tools dont see cheating that is going on right in front of you.

People understand what you're saying. Nobody believes you have the ability to accurately interpret what you're witnessing. Seriously just clip a video where you see what you say you see and post it. Until then this whole discussion isn't very constructive.

He claims to have evidence then refuses to show or even link us a clip showing said evidence. Then he claims he's got too much work to do but he's here expecting me to sift through hours upon hours of footage to prove him right.

ur7ip.jpg

He wants to take me being civil about my feelings towards this streamer as me being a fan boy, I'm literally begging him for a chance to believe him because I think it would be hilarious if he's right. But the burden of proof is on you when you make an accusation of cheating and thus far there is no proof.

Thats the problem though. It is extremely difficult to detect CE. Just enough to get an edge in stats. In a game always following the meta you can just feel the difference when fighting him and others.

We say watch the stream because you can literally see the macroes and the difference in survivability whwn fighting outnumbered.

You should have saw the difference in how killable this player and the girl were after the CE scandal.

If i recall correctly they were both gone from,the game for 2-4 weeks right after that as well. ;)

Your arguments are terrible. A macro in a game with an active combat system like ESO would not give you any advantage, it would only hinder you. Macro's are used in the types of games where you have many skills, but all of them operate under lengthy and varrying cool-downs. Often times in those games having a perfected rotation is what gives an advantage. This isn't the same in ESO, you hit someone with a wrecking blow and then press leap to kill them.

And if you recall 2-4 weeks after the CE weekend, Dark Brotherhood dropped with big changes to the game. Every stamina player went from using and surviving in medium armor, to learning that medium was too susceptible to newer higher burst damage of that patch, and everyone eventually started switching to heavy armor.

We all know that you are BS'ing based on the very things you say, if you want to prove that someone is cheating record their stream and make a video breaking down why you think it's cheating. You won't or actually cannot do this, because you literally wouldn't know what you're talking about in the first place.

Alright. Yet another that is letting emotion cloud judgement. If you cant be civil then i dont care to converse with you.

If you can't prove something is a thing, maybe that's because it isn't a thing. On one hand you're telling people to watch Kodi stream to see evidence of him cheating, and then when we explain you need to prove this you claim it's impossible based on video alone.

Your logic is literally all over the place, and you're getting called out for it. If you have an accusation it's your job to prove it, not expect people to listen to you blindly.

Getting called out by those that cannot see whats in their face. Unlimited resources, high dodge chance, 100% cc imminity, rediculous damage.

Ya. Your right. Lol

Show me a clip, literally just link a stream and a time stamp, something less than 10 minutes. I really want to see what you're saying, but I don't have time to look at his stream

Thats fine if you dont want to. But to defend someone you havebt watched is illogical

I'm literally not defending him, I'm asking for you to show me what you see with a specific example. I want to believe you.

The straw man that I'm defending him was created by another player because I chose to keep my opinions of said streamer civil and now all you guys are acting like I'm on his side.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 10, 2017 10:04PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On his "build video" he shows himself having 1300 stamina regen. His only real stamina boost is redguard and his immovable pots. No stamina reduction either.

If someone increases stam regen (or any other value that is shown) with CE, woudn't you see the inflated value? Or is it possible to create "fake" values in the character statistics? Ofc there are things that aren't shown ingame (dodge chance, snare immunity, ...), but those things that are displayed should reflect the actual value, regardless if the are achieved the legit way or via cheats. At least this is how CE and similar stuff works in videos that are shown on youtube (for other games - haven't found an eso one).
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

On his "build video" he shows himself having 1300 stamina regen. His only real stamina boost is redguard and his immovable pots. No stamina reduction either.

If someone increases stam regen (or any other value that is shown) with CE, woudn't you see the inflated value? Or is it possible to create "fake" values in the character statistics? Ofc there are things that aren't shown ingame (dodge chance, snare immunity, ...), but those things that are displayed should reflect the actual value, regardless if the are achieved the legit way or via cheats. At least this is how CE and similar stuff works in videos that are shown on youtube (for other games - haven't found an eso one).

Yoy mean you haven't Googled it + ESO? K.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I really see is a ton of advertising.

Did you know John T Lizard is cheating right now?

Oh you don't care?

Exactly.

If he is or isn't cheating, it doesn't matter because he is 1 person amongst 1000s whom play.

The discussion could be about cheating in general, but because that's an open and shut case it won't provide nearly the entertainment.

I say, stop advertising for streamers.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have searched for cheat engine + eso of course, but most "how to use cheat engine" videos show other games. I did found one 3 years old eso related video that shows speed hacking, but that's pretty much it (didn't search for too long, so if you can find something up-to-date, report it). Thing is that in all those videos that actually show the use of ce, the altered values are displayed ingame. So if someone increases his stam regen to something higher than legit possible with ce, i assume you would see the increased regen in the character sheet.
    Edited by Rianai on November 10, 2017 10:27PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have searched for cheat engine + eso of course, but most "how to use cheat engine" videos show other games. I did found one 3 years old eso related video that shows speed hacking, but that's pretty much it (didn't search for too long, so if you can find something up-to-date, report it). Thing is that in all those videos that actually show the use of ce, the altered values are displayed ingame. So if someone increases his stam regen to something higher than legit possible with ce, i assume you would see the increased regen in the character sheet.

The people using hose hacks these days are not stupid or unskilled players.

They dont hack to the obvious like regens or damage. They hack the less visible things like reduce cost, increased healing. They set a constant speed equal to normal plus major expedition and tell you they are using one of the immunity abilities.

You can tell because they dont slow slightly on gap closers which still happens with mist or forward momentum. There are subtle tells if you know what to look for.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that stam regen example was mentioned here, that's why i asked further.

And since you obviously know what to look for, it shouldn't be an issue to show some examples, right? For those of us who are less experienced at exposing cheaters.
    Edited by Rianai on November 10, 2017 10:50PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In truth... I have no idea whatsoever whether it would display on stats in game or not.

But I do have an idea that if you were publishing a build video on youtube, well you probably wouldn't have it turned on.

I can tell from twitch that he's getting back over 2k from regen and is constantly being refreshed of stamina other than that. I don't know stamina warden well... but with 1299 regen in his build video and casually looking at his twitch stream it does seem a bit suspicious.

That and I've seen him in game... and it's a constantly barrage of attacks all mixed in with constant dodges and 100% guaranteed that if you actually do hit him it's going to be blocked all while he is sprinting around at faster than my major expedition and sprinting (HE'S AN ORC!!!! No he's not actually). How anyone can watch it and not be just a little bit suspicious is beyond my ability to rationally explain.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ur7ip.jpg

Shrug... it only takes a moment to watch nearly any stream he has up and start wondering where exactly the stamina is coming from. Particularly when he's always sprinting and blocking and dodging everything.

Seriously... you have never wondered?

A buddy of mine tries out Kodi's builds and he always says the same thing... no resources, how's it possible?

Just because the stamina regen on his character sheet says one thing, doesn't mean his stamina regen is actually that thing. The game is a lot more complex than what even your character sheet shows, you have a multitude of passives that increase resource sustain + things like heavy attacks.

A build is mostly as efficient as the player using it, just because Kodi makes a build doesn't mean any player will pick it up and become Kodi. During the 1.X days where magdk was grossly over-performing, there were many magdks taking Sypher's builds and getting 1vX'd by him.

So your buddy may try to rely on builds from Kodi, but we don't even know who your buddy is, maybe he gets 1vX'd by Kodi too.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • SaKGEE
    SaKGEE
    ✭✭✭✭
    6Q6Va46.png
    Tamriel Hero and Explorer on 14 characters
    Max CP Hunter - Gatherer and Loremaster at my lost hours from PC EU
    #SayNoToPVP
    #SayNoToBullying
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell from twitch that he's getting back over 2k from regen and is constantly being refreshed of stamina other than that. I don't know stamina warden well... but with 1299 regen in his build video and casually looking at his twitch stream it does seem a bit suspicious.

1,3k unbuffed regen
    +up to 378 regen from constitution (i guess he runs mostly heavy?)
    +320 from netch
    + about 200 from major endurance (potion or bird buff)
    + about 300 from redguard passive

easily adds up to a stamina gain equivalent to way above 2k regen.

And i'm not even counting natures's gift passive, heavy attacks, set procs, potions, poisons, continuous attack ...
    Edited by Rianai on November 10, 2017 11:37PM
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    watched Kodi 1v1 some stamNB last night in wayrest whilst semi-afk.

He died.

does that mean the opposing stamNB was running a better version of this CE thing you guys keep referring to?

haha.
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 11, 2017 4:22AM
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    @Dredlord @ShadowProc

You are always entitled to your opinion, but everyone else is not oblidged to agree.

Your current stance is a form of hasty generalization. Those opposing you don't agree with you because you have not provided sufficient evidence to convince them otherwise. Anecdotal evidence (i.e. what has been provided thus far) is not sufficient to solely support the claim.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1,3k unbuffed regen
    +up to 378 regen from constitution (i guess he runs mostly heavy?)
    +320 from netch
    + about 200 from major endurance (potion or bird buff)
    + about 300 from redguard passive

easily adds up to a stamina gain equivalent to way above 2k regen.

And i'm not even counting natures's gift passive, heavy attacks, set procs, potions, poisons, continuous attack ...

I've seen nature's gift give a good amount with everything ticking at once. Solid Regen; templars want this bad.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭

My god.....this......ffs......

Kodi Cheats

Fengrush Cheats

EVERYBODY Cheats!

Animation Cancelling is whats ruining everything.

PVP in ESO is a Joke.

PVP in ESO is badly optimized.

Everyone is using Black Magic, thats how you get wtfpwned.

Everyone is using cheat engines.

Everyone is macro slicing.

The PVP is completely ignored by Zenimax.

It will not change.

Get a 3000 dollar PC if you wanna compete, and Fiber Optic Cable.

END

THREAD!

T4edUv.gif

Edited by Alexandrious on November 11, 2017 2:16AM
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    You know I was watching a BDO stream the other month, and in it the guy (King Krotha) was talking with the guy he was grinding with, and one of the things that came up was how most players are unaware of how many ESO streamers had used things like cheat engines, macros, etc at some point and guess whose name came up... (as did "she who shall not be named" ;) )

You have a blessed memory. Last time I streamed BDO was in June.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You may not (a) distribute, publicly perform or display, sell, transmit, publish, edit, reproduce, sublicense, rent, lease, loan or otherwise transfer any Game, Software, and/or Content, including without limitation any access keys; (b) modify, adapt, reverse engineer or decompile the Software, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software; (c) create any derivative works based upon any Services; (d) otherwise use any Services except as expressly provided in these Terms of Service; (e) copy or download any Software or Content unless the Content is a Game Mod available for download from a ZeniMax website or is Downloadable Content (other than Virtual Currency) or You are otherwise expressly authorized to do so in writing by ZeniMax; and/or (f) remove, obscure, or alter copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to any Services. Any commercial use is prohibited absent written permission by an authorized representative of ZeniMax.

Any commercial use is prohibited absent written permission by an authorized representative of ZeniMax.

I'd like to see the written permission.

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    "Religion was primitive man's way of explaining why the sun set each night
    -Battlestar galactica

Best sci Fi series hands down. Only sci Fi show to not have cliche lazers for weapons.

So say we all!
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ur7ip.jpg

Ya. Your right. Lol

I'm literally not defending him, I'm asking for you to show me what you see with a specific example. I want to believe you.

The straw man that I'm defending him was created by another player because I chose to keep my opinions of said streamer civil and now all you guys are acting like I'm on his side.

The problem with the build videos is the editing. When they include gameplay videos they are using footage that doesn't include the same build explained in the build part of the video.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ur7ip.jpg

Ya. Your right. Lol

The problem with the build videos is the editing. When they include gameplay videos they are using footage that doesn't include the same build explained in the build part of the video.

3point system:
    - uesp editor during as close to the same stats
    - build video that shows the same stats
    - direct to youtube via shadowplay.

If the same stats aren't being used, it isn't the same build.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ur7ip.jpg

Ya. Your right. Lol

The problem with the build videos is the streamers always switch up the builds after posting the video.

So they'll post the YouTube video and then 2 days later on stream they've switched the bars up, changed a couple gear pieces. It's like, why post a build video if it isn't complete. Or are the streamers secretly keeping the best version of their builds to themselves? We may never know but a lot of the builds I see posted are just trash. Nothing near what I'm running on my toons which really pushes them to the limit in terms of stats. Plenty of the builds I see posted by the usual content creators are just flat out average or not that good.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

ur7ip.jpg

Ya. Your right. Lol

The problem with the build videos is the streamers always switch up the builds after posting the video.

So they'll post the YouTube video and then 2 days later on stream they've switched the bars up, changed a couple gear pieces. It's like, why post a build video if it isn't complete. Or are the streamers secretly keeping the best version of their builds to themselves? We may never know but a lot of the builds I see posted are just trash. Nothing near what I'm running on my toons which really pushes them to the limit in terms of stats. Plenty of the builds I see posted by the usual content creators are just flat out average or not that good.

I don't really stream, but I know I make builds and min/max setups then after I've got the math part sorted I adjust for playstyle.

I'd wager streamers usually do the same, then they post the meta setup instead of explaining every single off-meta tweak they make to suit themselves and getting criticized for "X skill would give you 1.1% more sustain"
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

ur7ip.jpg

Ya. Your right. Lol

I don't really stream, but I know I make builds and min/max setups then after I've got the math part sorted I adjust for playstyle.

I'd wager streamers usually do the same, then they post the meta setup instead of explaining every single off-meta tweak they make to suit themselves and getting criticized for "X skill would give you 1.1% more sustain"

yeah , it's a good thing that they usually mention "Oh, feel free to replace 'X' glyph with 'X' if you are so inclined", and etc but I'm just saying it's confusing.

But I respect the streamers or youtubers a lot, I think they're great, I'm not one to forego copying a build I encounter if it's proven better than whatever I'm currently using.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's not casul,

simple
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheres the guy who was advertising paypal training on here - lulz??

Rather than trying to advertise for paid 'training' why not just explain how it was that someone thought your CC immunity was near 100% and you were getting crazy burst healz all the while using forward momentum??
  • Velukodi
    Velukodi
    ✭✭✭

He died.

does that mean the opposing stamNB was running a better version of this CE thing you guys keep referring to?

haha.

Think you have the wrong kodi because I havent been in IC in months lol
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Malamar1229 on November 16, 2017 5:12AM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't say.

So let me get this right. Were you ascerting that a certain player who certainly is most certain to be the topic of this convercetion alt-tabbed while certainly streaming to reveal certain program running in the background?

To those that doubt me... you shouldn't have.

I've already had one post from this thread magically disappear without warning or notification.

It will certainly happen again.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Velukodi wrote: »

He died.

haha.

Think you have the wrong kodi because I havent been in IC in months lol

wayrest isn't in cyro man I was just watching you duel wasn't trying to diss you lol
This discussion has been closed.