The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

KodiPvP, how does he do it?

• klink012
    klink012
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I got 1vX'd by Kodi just the other day... I was fighting/evading a small group of magsorc curse/fury spammers and rolled around the corner of a wall heading into a resource where Kodi's Dk had a handful of derpies beating on him... He saw me and 3-shot me before I could even break free from Dizzying Swing.

That's where I'm usually scratching my head - the dizzy/ult/execute ani-cancel combo. I've run high damage builds with that combo and it's rarely enough for me to kill decent players because they can usually break free and roll before I can land the execute, yet the Kodi's and Fengrush's of the world somehow do it 1000% faster than I ever could. And my latency is normally only ~130-150 in Cyro.

Exactly.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Malic wrote: »
    Wow this thread is still going, let me break ESO PvP players down for you

Group A: These people are casuals and its not a bad thing, they are the meat and potato's of Cyrodiil. Maxed an alt or two, so the story is meh, probably wrapped clockwork city, did a undaunted daily or two and now just want to futz around on their main. They used to be the minority (think back a few years if youve been here) they are now the majority of the cyrodiil player base.

Group B: These people and their buddies group all the time and head out to cyro. Might be once a week, a raid night, might be every night. These people rely on others to succeed. Again, not a bad thing at all its necessary really. This can be anyone from duo's, to guilds running.

Group C: dedicated PVP players. These are the people who log into ESO because when they first played they were blown away by the combat and its still pretty dam good. Some of these people move in out of group B and D but they log in for PVP. They will do PVE for something they need in cyro but for the most part this is all they do. These are good players who understand timing, most of these people can animation cancel, understand movement and LOS and generally put up a fight. They will loose to Group A's zergs and Group B if they are solo but they can hold their own.

Group D : The 1% these are the people who spend hours prefecting rotations, test skills for effect, test gear these are the min maxers. They can literally do it all and have. They have hours and hours on their toons, they might even have their lovers IRL call them by their toons names when intimate because they are often thinking about ESO PVP, their toon and how to kill yours.

Group E: the 1% of the 1% these are your streamers often, these are the people that derive an income from their game play. Now there are people in this group that dont make money off it (think ZED vivec pc fans) but this group has to be the best, has to have BIS and has a network of people in game helping them achieve it. Multiple gold sets, Maelstrem weapons, your choice of monster set.

Kodi is a group E guy, hes good he has all the skills of the other groups but his motivation extends beyond being good in game, its income. Alcast, Deltia, Sypher all these players at one time or another were top of what they did.

Always follow the money kids, lol.

You forgot group F. The group that will believe anything told to them. The Fanbois.

You are the very definition of a fanboi. Try to actually think. Gold sets and perfect rotations do not give you 100% dodge, cc immunity, or ridiculous regen for that matter.

If you were here when the CE scandal happened then you should know. PvP was night and day different for about a week or 2. This player and his good friend Jules were hittable and killable all of a sudden.

Unfortunately it didn't take long for the CE workaround to be found. It was the cleanest pvp I saw in this game for that 1 week period.

I lol'd.

okay pal, keep dying.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't say.

So let me get this right. Were you ascerting that a certain player who certainly is most certain to be the topic of this convercetion alt-tabbed while certainly streaming to reveal certain program running in the background?

To those that doubt me... you shouldn't have.

I've already had one post from this thread magically disappear without warning or notification.

It will certainly happen again.

Yeah I made the conscious decision to edit my post before having my forum account banned yet again.
    You know those kids who run around picking on the other kids in the playground? Well zos likes to protect those kids for some reason.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on November 20, 2017 3:45AM
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seriously to those who keep insisting kodi cheats can we see clips of your gameplay?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    seriously to those who keep insisting kodi cheats can we see clips of your gameplay?

Um... I guess you have to read between the lines or get what was revealed (and eliminated).

insisting is a weird way of saying caught or busted, I guess.

It would be like if I put up a video of me levitating something with my mind... then accidentally moving the camera to show it's all a fraud and then have someone say people were "insisting" I didn't actually levitate things and that they should show their own feats of magic.

• Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I'm surprised and disappointed that this thread hasn't been moderated considering many people in it have devolved from constructive criticism and recommendations on how to improve gameplay to outright cheating accusations directed at individuals.

I don't think the thread should be closed, as at its core it should be a discussion about how to improve gameplay. Sad that the mentality of many apparently isn't to improve themselves, it's that anyone who is better than you is cheating.

@ZOS_MikaS @ZOS_DaryaK can we see some moderation? Are unfounded accusations of cheating at individuals okay to post in forums? Thanks in advance.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    I dont even have a dog in this fight but calling for censorship on the topic is pretty lame imo.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭

Group A: These people are casuals and its not a bad thing, they are the meat and potato's of Cyrodiil. Maxed an alt or two, so the story is meh, probably wrapped clockwork city, did a undaunted daily or two and now just want to futz around on their main. They used to be the minority (think back a few years if youve been here) they are now the majority of the cyrodiil player base.

Group B: These people and their buddies group all the time and head out to cyro. Might be once a week, a raid night, might be every night. These people rely on others to succeed. Again, not a bad thing at all its necessary really. This can be anyone from duo's, to guilds running.

Group C: dedicated PVP players. These are the people who log into ESO because when they first played they were blown away by the combat and its still pretty dam good. Some of these people move in out of group B and D but they log in for PVP. They will do PVE for something they need in cyro but for the most part this is all they do. These are good players who understand timing, most of these people can animation cancel, understand movement and LOS and generally put up a fight. They will loose to Group A's zergs and Group B if they are solo but they can hold their own.

Group D : The 1% these are the people who spend hours prefecting rotations, test skills for effect, test gear these are the min maxers. They can literally do it all and have. They have hours and hours on their toons, they might even have their lovers IRL call them by their toons names when intimate because they are often thinking about ESO PVP, their toon and how to kill yours.

Group E: the 1% of the 1% these are your streamers often, these are the people that derive an income from their game play. Now there are people in this group that dont make money off it (think ZED vivec pc fans) but this group has to be the best, has to have BIS and has a network of people in game helping them achieve it. Multiple gold sets, Maelstrem weapons, your choice of monster set.

Kodi is a group E guy, hes good he has all the skills of the other groups but his motivation extends beyond being good in game, its income. Alcast, Deltia, Sypher all these players at one time or another were top of what they did.

You forgot group F. The group that will believe anything told to them. The Fanbois.

You are the very definition of a fanboi. Try to actually think. Gold sets and perfect rotations do not give you 100% dodge, cc immunity, or ridiculous regen for that matter.

If you were here when the CE scandal happened then you should know. PvP was night and day different for about a week or 2. This player and his good friend Jules were hittable and killable all of a sudden.

Unfortunately it didn't take long for the CE workaround to be found. It was the cleanest pvp I saw in this game for that 1 week period.

I lol'd.

okay pal, keep dying.

You know, it's funny. I was around for that weekend with the CE users dropping tons of meteors. And I also had the distinct impression in the weeks following that PVP was feeling a lot more balanced.

Hm.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He literally only plays PVP. That I've ever seen. And no matter what he uses he wrecks! He shares his builds but without his skill, what's the point?

Keep playing, and then play some more. You'll get better :)
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    He pvps a lot and as far as I know still on his original account. He seems fair. If you don't react quick enough he punishes you. I can't pull that off myself usually because I'm not as good at finishing off my opponents before they heal up again. Unlike some sketchy guys that are on their 2nd, or 3rd accounts by now. And I've seen those guys play. I scratch my head what hits me.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    Word on the street is Kodi got done mid stream with CE... any truth to this?

Disappointing if true :(
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flake wrote: »

What does this mean? Are you saying he stopped using it mid stream?

No idea at all what you're trying to say with this
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    I've watched quite a few of Kodi's streams and have noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

What I have noticed is that..

1. He is an exceptionally good player with tons of in game experience that he puts to very good use and makes very few mistakes. The best of anyone I have watched or played with/against.

2. The average PC player is absolute garbage at PVP.

My guess is if you are bitter about getting the smack down you probably fall into category #2. It's cool though. You can keep thinking he cheats along with all of the other players who consistently beat

]]]
    Not true. People are starting rumors about him to troll newbies. They did it last week by saying he was banned... rumor lasted about two hours until he logged on lol
    Edited by Thogard on November 26, 2017 12:26AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

Game crashed and suspicious program open in the back ground. That's what it means.
    Edited by Flake on November 26, 2017 1:14AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game crashed and suspicious program open in the back ground. That's what it means.

Oh, I see.

Would like to see video proof. Kodi is oddly/ridiculously OP, though I do enjoy his stream/gameplay.
  • Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭

Oh, I see.

Would like to see video proof. Kodi is oddly/ridiculously OP, though I do enjoy his stream/gameplay.

Same =/ I've checked out a number of videos and they are always good fun.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post evidence or give it a rest. It's not too difficult to calculate resources returned, etc and see if they actually make sense. Plug his build into a build calculator, go die on stream, and then see if those damage values are reasonable given your resists and his offensive stats. Then just watch a stream and chart his ult gain and see if it matches what you'd expect with his build.

The virtue of him recording evidence basically means that you can precisely tell what's going on. Kinda like how folks posted videos of "unkillable tanks" where they claimed to take advantage of mechanics and somehow you could notice they had 2 mundus stones with no TBS, major evasion while blocking with no histbark, and the ult gain of tava's while wearing fury. Of course, they did actually make use of things like major vitality pots and malubeth still stacking, etc., but you could pretty clearly see aspects of their builds that were blatant exploits.
    Edited by Adenoma on November 26, 2017 5:04AM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Velukodi
    Velukodi
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Post evidence or give it a rest. It's not too difficult to calculate resources returned, etc and see if they actually make sense. Plug his build into a build calculator, go die on stream, and then see if those damage values are reasonable given your resists and his offensive stats. Then just watch a stream and chart his ult gain and see if it matches what you'd expect with his build.

The virtue of him recording evidence basically means that you can precisely tell what's going on. Kinda like how folks posted videos of "unkillable tanks" where they claimed to take advantage of mechanics and somehow you could notice they had 2 mundus stones with no TBS, major evasion while blocking with no histbark, and the ult gain of tava's while wearing fury. Of course, they did actually make use of things like major vitality pots and malubeth still stacking, etc., but you could pretty clearly see aspects of their builds that were blatant exploits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sV4uo_X7Vk&t=135s
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velukodi wrote: »

This video legit made me laugh out loud.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait. How does this video contradict you crashing to desktop and CE running? While streaming. Lmao

I agree with Akinos. Made me laugh out loud as well. About you doing "real life" stuff just like after the CE scandal weekend. Lol. Sure kid. Sure
    Edited by ShadowProc on November 27, 2017 7:33PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just post a screenshot of what you're referencing. It really isn't that hard.

This is a stupid debate. Either put up or shut up.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait. How does this video contradict you crashing to desktop and CE running? While streaming. Lmao

I agree with Akinos. Made me laugh out loud as well. About you doing "real life" stuff just like after the CE scandal weekend. Lol. Sure kid. Sure

People still think he cheats? Kodi's been playing this game since beta. As have I. Post some proof along with your hackusations. Also how do people know what CE looks like when his game crashes to desktop? Sounds like some of the people calling him a cheat are awfully familiar with things like CE....

Do me a favor and don't agree with me. :smile:
    Edited by Akinos on November 27, 2017 7:58PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Kodi is playing legit and also trolling his viewers by having a picture of the CE interface on his screen, he will be my first internets hero.

OdinForge wrote: »

Your arguments are terrible. A macro in a game with an active combat system like ESO would not give you any advantage, it would only hinder you. Macro's are used in the types of games where you have many skills, but all of them operate under lengthy and varrying cool-downs. Often times in those games having a perfected rotation is what gives an advantage. This isn't the same in ESO, you hit someone with a wrecking blow and then press leap to kill them.

LOL.

Everyone should pay attention to the CE fallout.

Examples of macros that give/gave a competitive edge in ESO.

1. Macros that combine abilities with different restrictions. Server plays out first usable skill without a delay. Lag free...
    2. Convert activate on release to activate on press (there is actually a tutorial on these forums about this).
    3. Multi-button press macro - because once is never enough in ESO.

When the CE news broke, it was like a hole had been punched in a dam, and people were spilling the beans on everything from CE to macroing to exploits. Prior to that, the silence was perfect. When anyone talked about something odd, they were beat down on the forums and the same propaganda applied. It wouldn't work in ESO, can't work in lag, nobody uses that, post evidence or stfu, it's not a cheat but a problem between the keyboard and the chair, etc., etc. The beat downs often started with things like "Your arguments are terrible."

It's never been clear whether macroing is cheating, but CE pushed that out into the sunshine as well. My favorite part of that is the macroers constantly said that ESO was too laggy for macros while the whole time macros were being used to defeat lag...

I started to suspect something was odd during a short time period where teleport strike was head and shoulders better than critical charge. Most players continued to use crit rush, including streamers and their build videos. I poked at it because it made no sense at all. The reply from popular streamers back then? 'Game play feels smoother with crit charge.'

Huh, wha?

Eventually teleport strike was not the clear favorite anymore and along came a bug that locked up all the skills of someone using a charge ability (I think copied over from the templar bug of all things...). But not teleports. It was a frequently experienced bug that seriously hurt competitive play. Still, all the NB builds continued to use critical charge...

The CE outpouring confirmed, among other things, that the reason was that teleport strike had no minimum range restriction but critical charge did. Combining critical charge and it's minimum range restriction with a melee skill with a maximum range restriction of 5m meant always staying on target and dealing damage, including against sorcs, regardless of lag.

So, no, macros are not bad in ESO...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »

I lol'd.

okay pal, keep dying.

You know, it's funny. I was around for that weekend with the CE users dropping tons of meteors. And I also had the distinct impression in the weeks following that PVP was feeling a lot more balanced.

Hm.

Yep. Most of the "great players" went on vacation or a business trip, the few that kept playing were average.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

People still think he cheats? Kodi's been playing this game since beta. As have I. Post some proof along with your hackusations. Also how do people know what CE looks like when his game crashes to desktop? Sounds like some of the people calling him a cheat are awfully familiar with things like CE....

Do me a favor and don't agree with me. :smile:

Obviously u missed the sarcasm. I dont agree with u. There is a difference. You are killable. He is not unless zerged. No weakness in his build. Regen, damage, mitigation, dodge. Ya its because he is a beta player. Ya so was i till i quit 2 months ago

And seriously thats all u got? 5 minutes on google will educate anyone on CE
    Edited by ShadowProc on November 28, 2017 10:28AM
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I lol'd.

okay pal, keep dying.

Hm.

Yep. Most of the "great players" went on vacation or a business trip, the few that kept playing were average.

That or they had "in real life" stuff to do. Lol
  • saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    any 1vXer today will say 1vXing is almost impossible against multiple good players. If you're getting 1vXed then that means.... yeah
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I lol'd.

okay pal, keep dying.

Hm.

I should have bought powerball tickets that week. About the same odds!
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I lol'd.

okay pal, keep dying.

Hm.

I lol'd.

okay pal, keep dying.

Hm.

I should have bought powerball tickets that week. About the same odds!

It was night and day different after the scandal. Then they figured out easy work arounds the lame measures they took.

Whats amazing to me is how after all that they still blindly defend these obvious cheaters.
    Edited by ShadowProc on November 27, 2017 9:17PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did this turn into a debate about cheating. Envy i suspect.

I watched him on his stamplar solo. He beats most people with perfect positioning and brutally well timed burst. His 1vx strategy seems the same as most. Limit number of attackers, religious execution of consumables and buffs, use terrain, wait for the guard to drop and bam. Also surprised he was using the Templar healing ult. Worked wonders.

That said I've also seen a magwarden wreck him in like two seconds. He said something like whoa or wut and respawned. Neither accusers nor fans would wanna admit he's just another player too.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
This discussion has been closed.