The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

KodiPvP, how does he do it?

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not sure what you mean at all.

The majority of the players enjoy a high skill cap. While a minority of vocal forum QQer's want it lowered.

I don't get you analogy. A tank could have held block when he saw the wrecking blow wind up and be fine. A low skilled player will never beat one with much higher skill.

The person in the video got wrecked because he did not dodge roll or block or mitagate the damage in any way. That simple
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure what you mean at all.

The majority of the players enjoy a high skill cap. While a minority of vocal forum QQer's want it lowered.

I don't get you analogy. A tank could have held block when he saw the wrecking blow wind up and be fine. A low skilled player will never beat one with much higher skill.

The person in the video got wrecked because he did not dodge roll or block or mitagate the damage in any way. That simple

Actually I think he got wrecked because he was voluntarily demonstrating the process.
    Options
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<snip>
    Regardless of all that, I see quite a few of the usual suspects take zero damage from it even though as far as you can tell you are right on them and they are right in it.
    <snip>

I challenge any of the so called elite streamers to set that camera back a bit so we can see their hands and see how dominant they are when we can clearly see what they are doing.

! come to think of it, why is it that there are no streamers actually using a camera angle to show the keyboard, mouse etc as part of tutorials? Since they are so keen to show their 'builds' why not give tutorials about PC 'gear' and setups?

Rather than sitting in fanboi chairs and wearing koolz headphones, how about actually zoom in on the keyboard and show us your craft in action ?? maybe this will help people to git gud ?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350579/video-macro-slice-at-will-secret-pros-hide

Maybe that's why?
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

<snip>
    Regardless of all that, I see quite a few of the usual suspects take zero damage from it even though as far as you can tell you are right on them and they are right in it.
    <snip>

I challenge any of the so called elite streamers to set that camera back a bit so we can see their hands and see how dominant they are when we can clearly see what they are doing.

! come to think of it, why is it that there are no streamers actually using a camera angle to show the keyboard, mouse etc as part of tutorials? Since they are so keen to show their 'builds' why not give tutorials about PC 'gear' and setups?

Rather than sitting in fanboi chairs and wearing koolz headphones, how about actually zoom in on the keyboard and show us your craft in action ?? maybe this will help people to git gud ?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350579/video-macro-slice-at-will-secret-pros-hide

Maybe that's why?

^This. They would be exposed for exploiting the poorly coded combat mechanics of this game.

I don't think I will ever understand how such a brilliant game design was coded in such an incompetent manner.

Note: I think Kodi is a very skilled player who would be better then most anyway but then you combine his game play with exploits and he becomes god like.

Edited by Sureshawt on June 7, 2017 8:14PM
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is a newer playing asking how to 1vX like a pro.

It has been derailed by people trying to blame the game for their own lack of skill.

PVP is not for carebears who are used to always winning. You need humility and dedication to get anywhere near end-game level.

To OP: playing all 8 now 10 class combos is the best way to understand the weakness of each class, what counters where and why.

Cheers!

Sorry buddy, but ani cancel shows nothing about playing skill. It is just one (the easiest) way to kill enemies. There are other ways to show ability, like kitting, or res management or making combos without ani cancel and none of those means lack of skill, so take youe l2p and put it in your... mouth

Ani cancel is just a playing style that saddly has no counterplay (which borderlines exploitation). Sometime ago permablocking could be considered its counter, but ZoS nerfed it (again), because people complained A LOT about it.

I have no problem with ani cancel (even with macro slicing) if ZoS gives players a counterplay to it, but I believe it won't be possible. Play the way you want, they say... but it is not the way I want to play...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

<snip>
    <snip>

Maybe that's why?

or this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350138/8-dodges-in-a-row#latest

Because... I've flat out seen it.

Little to no doubt he's a good player, problem has been suspicious abilities on top of being a good player.

Now the one I don't get is how he can run up cliff faces everyone else is struggling to even get on to. Or the fact he can tear off at sprinting mount speed any time he wants to.
    Options
  • Nightwiish
    Nightwiish
    ✭✭✭

<snip>
    <snip>

Maybe that's why?

So just to clarify as I think people are mistaken my post and associating it with cheating, macroing, etc. What I show in that video was done by 100% manual input. Even if these guys showed their setup and key presses, I would be surprised to see any one of them cheating at all. They just have expert level of combat mechanics knowledge and a lot of practice.

These are guys that spend days upon days on PTS when Zenimax make a change to the way combat works so that they can already get the "feel" for it when it goes live...
    @loki220
    Nighwtiish - Stam DK
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightwiish wrote: »

<snip>
    <snip>

Maybe that's why?

So just to clarify as I think people are mistaken my post and associating it with cheating, macroing, etc. What I show in that video was done by 100% manual input. Even if these guys showed their setup and key presses, I would be surprised to see any one of them cheating at all. They just have expert level of combat mechanics knowledge and a lot of practice.

These are guys that spend days upon days on PTS when Zenimax make a change to the way combat works so that they can already get the "feel" for it when it goes live...

Yup, but they are not the only ones that can do it... there are others that can do the same too. Do they play fair? We can't know it.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Nightwiish wrote: »

<snip>
    <snip>

Maybe that's why?

Yup, but they are not the only ones that can do it... there are others that can do the same too. Do they play fair? We can't know it.

Same issue when 90% of cyro rolled nirn traits despite knowing it was broken.

Just submit to the devs and hopefully it gets fixed. Then grab a beer; it's IPA season.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're describing the typical expert 1vXr.

A solo player is just on another level, solo playstyle makes you a monster and if you put a solo player against 4-5 zergers or group players they will mostly get ***, as a solo player you learn positioning, focus strategy, retreat expertise, how to spread your targets, how to combo a player, how to study a player while fighting, ect...

A solo player not only have to rely on itself but he have to learn how to perma buff, perma heal, sustain and deal damage while getting attacked by numerous opponents, any player exposed to this kind of playstyle for thousands of hours reach a level of skill that is just insane because they are not playing the same game than you in their head.

Can you get to a solo player level? No, you need thousands of hours in PvP to even be close.
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    Well he's currently on a cheese templar using puncturing skill morph. So gud
    Options
  • Borelock762
    Borelock762
    ✭✭
    exploiting game weakness always helps too :/ lol
    Options
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    I can't believe I just read through five pages of this nonsense... Someone delete this thread.
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Necro.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    To Answer your question:

Kodi has been playing since the beta days, and has simply been playing so long and has invested so much time that he has honed his craft down to a fine art. Kodi is just simply a very good player who invested in the game the time to become one of the best. You can do it too with enough time and learning.

His secret is really simple:

1. Create a build that fits your playstyle(Requires you test and theory craft things out for yourself)
    2. Run around alone or with one other person and look for skirmish fights
    3. Record your game play and watch it later.
    4. Look for mistakes you made or things you could have done better in your recordings and learn from them.
    5. Duel ALOT duel anyone who will duel you, record them, specifically your losses, and learn from them.

Also, Troll King is really good healing on Stam Toons to combine with Vigor and Rally, and Major Mending.

Good luck

THIS!! Everything about this!! Especially number 1. Two things to know about builds:
    1. Not every build works in every situation. They can be great builds but everything is situational....get dressingroom/alphagear.
    2. You will never have the success of the youtuber if you carbon copy their build. Their builds are based on their playstyle and they play to their strengths. For example=kodi's new build is really about watching for openings and then getting off the perfect combo (a skill that takes AGES to master). Perhaps you prefer to pressure your enemies with constant damage and DoT's, that would be a totally different build. Then running 1-4 person and 10+ groups usually work better in different gear sets. Best thing you can do is to put the time in, test stuff you think would be good, and keep testing til you find something you like. Build videos can be great inspiration, but always play it to your particular strengths.
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda late to this thread... surprised it resurfaced.

^ Yes, as with anything in gaming, reviewing your recent game-play and determining where you messed up is the best way to get better. I've been playing since BETA as well, and I haven't put in the effort Kodi has, and thus I'm nowhere near as good as him.

As for macros - I know it is a thing, people do run it (a former guild-master of mine did it because he played with one hand, lost the other from injuries). Heck even back in the day Deltia talked about it.

I don't believe Kodi cheats, but I remember when it was pervasive in the game, and everyone was blaming everybody else for one cheat or another, and sometimes they were right.

Finally, players gotta play smart. Don't chase squirrels, they are either leading you into a trap, or you are gonna lose them. Either way, you will find yourself out of position and alone. Even so, you may find a lot of cocky players chasing squirrels for the fun of it (i'm one of them). Most of the time, they get away, but when you get them and kill them, it's nice. So... if you do find yourself out of position, get into stealth and get away. No use in feeding gankers ap.

Someone else posted about "running up the face of the cliff". Chances are, he prolly has gone up that cliff before, when there was nobody around, so he could learn how to navigate it. It's all about knowing the map and the terrain, and utilizing it. The more you play in the area, the better you know the area. As such, I'm not as familiar with Brindle area as I am with EP area (as I play EP).
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
    Options
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf Kodi. Then nerf sorcs. And if that doesn't work, nerf templars as always did.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last night I watched Twitch live stream: "KodiPvP"

He played on PC North America with a DC character. Unknown which campaign.

Redguard, Stamina, DragonKnight, Vampire- sword/shield and 2 handed Sword

Warrior's Fury -heavy armor set- when you take critical damage you gain weapon damage

Werewolf Hide- weapons and jewelry set- when you take damage you gain ultimate

Weapon damage appeared to be 3,000-3,400 --- ? (I can barely break 2k!)

Ultimates: Spell Wall and Dragonleap

Stats appeared within normal range: roughly 10k magika, 24k health, 30k stamina (rough numbers, can't remember exactly)
    Looked like immovable potions
    Purple drink= health, stam, stam recovery

1. The guy stays calm during all fights (note to self* no more screaming, flailing, crying, and smashing keyboard..)
    2. He has amazing movement and positioning skills
    3. He did this all while chatting with his friend Jules and responding to comments live on twitch.
    4. He fought solo and I never saw any tricks or "cheapy" maneuvers.
    5. He did not have a stealthed NB ganker by his side nor did he have a pocket healer... (like so many others I encounter in Cyridil...)
    6. He seemed to fight multiple opponents continuously.... and he kept winning.

I watched several times as his health bounced up and down like a yo-yo.. almost dead then back to full, back down to almost dead and back up to full....
    At times there were whole groups on him and still he managed to keep moving (I always get CC'ed and then smashed).
    I've been part of these groups all trying to burst down one player who seems invincible and it is super frustrating. Especially when he turn around and kills one or two like nothing...

What's the key here? I need to figure this out so I can get better.

So frustrating to be stuck in the minor leagues....

PS. I was not able to find any web page with his builds or "how to" descriptions, only you tube and twitch.

Thanks!

Not to diminsh any good players achievements and abilities and i hate to burst your bubble.. but you just described many pvp players in this game. Becuase someone has the benefit of a platform to be seen or heard, doesnt make them an anomoly. You dont realize this but there are plenty of other players doing the same thing.

As to your question.... there is no secret, olay the game, educate yourself and dont settle for mediocrity and play out of your comfortzone and this *** comes to you plain and simple.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit: noticed the post date of who i responded to.
    Edited by exeeter702 on November 7, 2017 7:55PM
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a good player who cheats subtley and intelligently and he rarely gets caught.

I was fighting him one day in cyro and msg him after I noticed something odd. I asked him how he can be immune to snares and root constantly while he fights. I knew what he would say, of course he told me forward momentum...

I said that is strange because i just recorded you getting the big burst heal from rally while we were fighting. No response after that...
    Options
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    He's a good player who cheats subtley and intelligently and he rarely gets caught.

I was fighting him one day in cyro and msg him after I noticed something odd. I asked him how he can be immune to snares and root constantly while he fights. I knew what he would say, of course he told me forward momentum...

I said that is strange because i just recorded you getting the big burst heal from rally while we were fighting. No response after that...

Shuffle...
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

40% uptime on snare, root, and CCimmunuty exists in another way that's not cheating
    Options
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

40% uptime on snare, root, and CCimmunuty exists in another way that's not cheating

This exactly.
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was not 40% snare immunity uptime. This was a 3-4 minute fight with 100% uptime that I eventually just walked away from.

Try and focus on what he said, then imagine how he pulled off a burst heal by refreshing "forward momentum"...

Try and quell your fanboism long enough to consider, he might be a cheater. And yes, I have considered he may not be before you jump in with the 'No You' argument.
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shuffle...

/Golfclap

Except his answer was not "i refresh shuffle with an OCD level of pwnage!"

Fanboi #2 run along before you hurt your brain...
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This was not 40% snare immunity uptime. This was a 3-4 minute fight with 100% uptime that I eventually just walked away from.

Try and focus on what he said, then imagine how he pulled off a burst heal by refreshing "forward momentum"...

Try and quell your fanboism long enough to consider, he might be a cheater. And yes, I have considered he may not be before you jump in with the 'No You' argument.

I'm not a fan boy, in fact, in my circle of friends we laugh when he publishes a build, because they're usually just OK.

However, "he lied to me about what mechanics he's using" isn't valid. If you've got the video I'd love to see it though
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a fan boy, in fact, in my circle of friends we laugh when he publishes a build, because they're usually just OK.

However, "he lied to me about what mechanics he's using" isn't valid. If you've got the video I'd love to see it though

Youre a fanboi and calling his builds "just ok" as proof youre not, isn't valid...see what I did there.

I have read enough of your posts to know you are incapable of having an open mind or changing your opinion no matter what I post.

Options
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭

Shuffle...

/Golfclap

Except his answer was not "i refresh shuffle with an OCD level of pwnage!"

Fanboi #2 run along before you hurt your brain...

Edit- I don't see the point of arguing with you if I'm honest. Whatever.
    Edited by StayAlfresco on November 8, 2017 4:21AM
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because he's good? You do realize there are a lot of people who are good at this game more than just the people who stream it.

Kodi does so well because he's good but he's also running whatever is the most broken build at any given time. Stam warden and stamplar are the two best and most broken classes in the game, by far. Not even close how OP those two classes are compared to every other class.
    Options
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

lmao cool guy
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
    Options
This discussion has been closed.