The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

KodiPvP, how does he do it?

TankHealz2015
TankHealz2015
✭✭✭
Last night I watched Twitch live stream: "KodiPvP"

He played on PC North America with a DC character. Unknown which campaign.

Redguard, Stamina, DragonKnight, Vampire- sword/shield and 2 handed Sword

Warrior's Fury -heavy armor set- when you take critical damage you gain weapon damage

Werewolf Hide- weapons and jewelry set- when you take damage you gain ultimate

Weapon damage appeared to be 3,000-3,400 --- ? (I can barely break 2k!)

Ultimates: Spell Wall and Dragonleap

Stats appeared within normal range: roughly 10k magika, 24k health, 30k stamina (rough numbers, can't remember exactly)
Looked like immovable potions
Purple drink= health, stam, stam recovery

1. The guy stays calm during all fights (note to self* no more screaming, flailing, crying, and smashing keyboard..)
2. He has amazing movement and positioning skills
3. He did this all while chatting with his friend Jules and responding to comments live on twitch.
4. He fought solo and I never saw any tricks or "cheapy" maneuvers.
5. He did not have a stealthed NB ganker by his side nor did he have a pocket healer... (like so many others I encounter in Cyridil...)
6. He seemed to fight multiple opponents continuously.... and he kept winning.

I watched several times as his health bounced up and down like a yo-yo.. almost dead then back to full, back down to almost dead and back up to full....
At times there were whole groups on him and still he managed to keep moving (I always get CC'ed and then smashed).
I've been part of these groups all trying to burst down one player who seems invincible and it is super frustrating. Especially when he turn around and kills one or two like nothing...

What's the key here? I need to figure this out so I can get better.

So frustrating to be stuck in the minor leagues....

PS. I was not able to find any web page with his builds or "how to" descriptions, only you tube and twitch.

Thanks!

• incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know what to say
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To Answer your question:

Kodi has been playing since the beta days, and has simply been playing so long and has invested so much time that he has honed his craft down to a fine art. Kodi is just simply a very good player who invested in the game the time to become one of the best. You can do it too with enough time and learning.

His secret is really simple:

1. Create a build that fits your playstyle(Requires you test and theory craft things out for yourself)
    2. Run around alone or with one other person and look for skirmish fights
    3. Record your game play and watch it later.
    4. Look for mistakes you made or things you could have done better in your recordings and learn from them.
    5. Duel ALOT duel anyone who will duel you, record them, specifically your losses, and learn from them.

Also, Troll King is really good healing on Stam Toons to combine with Vigor and Rally, and Major Mending.

Good luck
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    build is verry comon on dk (at least at homestead) you can find it from crusnik on youtube also fighting like 3 ppl vs 20 ppl and winning.

this might be the reason stam dk got so many nerfs :)

btw build is here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/guide-astrum-knight-pvp-build-for-one-tamriel-update12/

go on the last site for homestead version. did not know this still works now in morrowind
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need a high burst-high survivability build, a whole lot of line-of-sight options, and the know-how to run around obstacles in such a way that you can split up and isolate individual players who overextend themselves into situations that they can't handle without 2 or 3 other teammates backing them up (sometimes referred to as potatoes).
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Macro hacks and lag switches" - DC zone chat pugs.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PS. I was not able to find any web page with his builds or "how to" descriptions, only you tube and twitch.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7g6dKncO-I

ZOS only sees magma displacement!

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon damage appeared to be 3,000-3,400 --- ? (I can barely break 2k!)

... Really?

Gees, gold weapon 1380ish weapon DMG glyph 170ish each 510 + 1380= 1990, there you go

Major brutally 2300ish

Then. Any. DMG. Set.
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 24, 2017 3:20PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To Answer your question:

Kodi has been playing since the beta days, and has simply been playing so long and has invested so much time that he has honed his craft down to a fine art. Kodi is just simply a very good player who invested in the game the time to become one of the best. You can do it too with enough time and learning.

1. Create a build that fits your playstyle(Requires you test and theory craft things out for yourself)
    4. Look for mistakes you made or things you could have done better in your recordings and learn from them.

5. Duel ALOT duel anyone who will duel you, record them, specifically your losses, and learn from them.

Also, Troll King is really good healing on Stam Toons to combine with Vigor and Rally, and Major Mending.

Good luck

This is literally the absolute best advice anyone can give you. If you can find a more experienced player that'd be willing to watch video with you and advise you this step will be a lot quicker.

You can become highly skilled without recording and watching your own footage, but its so easy to identify mistakes when you're watching video and formulate plans to get around it. This will also help with your nerves, you see 5 people coming at you and can more naturally identify what you need to do and when.

You can still become a top tier player without doing this, but it will speed up the process greatly, imo.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 24, 2017 3:23PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    individual players who overextend themselves into situations that they can't handle without 2 or 3 other teammates backing them up (sometimes referred to as potatoes).

^ I like that definition its very precise
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    To Answer your question:

Good luck

This is literally the absolute best advice anyone can give you. If you can find a more experienced player that'd be willing to watch video with you and advise you this step will be a lot quicker.

You can become highly skilled without recording and watching your own footage, but its so easy to identify mistakes when you're watching video and formulate plans to get around it. This will also help with your nerves, you see 5 people coming at you and can more naturally identify what you need to do and when.

You can still become a top tier player without doing this, but it will speed up the process greatly, imo.

Having friends that are just as skillfully minded watch videos of yourself, this also helps too. So you're not getting your own biased views, but the opinions of like minded peoples who can sometimes easily spot or have 'the right' kind of advice that you yourself could never come up with.

Feels good when you do eventually reach a new height with your meta.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    To Answer your question:

Good luck

Having friends that are just as skillfully minded watch videos of yourself, this also helps too. So you're not getting your own biased views, but the opinions of like minded peoples who can sometimes easily spot or have 'the right' kind of advice that you yourself could never come up with.

Feels good when you do eventually reach a new height with your meta.

Any extra eyes are great, when you can get fresh perspective on what you're doing and ways to improve, and take the advice without ego, then you're certainly on the path to improving yourself.

I don't personally do it on eso, but when I started trying to climb in overwatch I started recording videos and watching them in comparison to top tier players. I was able to climb from gold to Masters in season 4 just from watching film.

Also, OP, message Kodi and ask him for advice if you want, worst case he doesn't answer, but in my few dealings with him he's always been a humble, respectful, person.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 24, 2017 3:39PM
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    it's simple..Kodi is one of the strongest players of Eso :)

but ....i watch all his streams , and Many of enemies that he kill have " very low skill " .
    Example?
    NB that spam light attack ( just that ) and dies with bishot , Magicka Sorcerers Who do not hold up the shields ( on Eu also the" low skilled mag sorc "has always up his shields ) , etc etc ect

The zerger-people lose In sovereign number vs Kodi and then shouting " cheater" .

Warband ( 20-24 players )don't teach you to play
    Kill a solo-Player in 6-10 people don't teach you to play

Learn to play
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

The software ZOS uses to QA game mechanics was originally designed for geological surveys.
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reall stars in 1vx videos are the noobs that get killed
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

Thanks!

The software ZOS uses to QA game mechanics was originally designed for geological surveys.

At some point I'll just cut to the chase and get around to making a loop of the mechanical sound you will hear repeatedly on Kodi's stream/videos.

You know you all hear it... you know what it is.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »

Thanks!

At some point I'll just cut to the chase and get around to making a loop of the mechanical sound you will hear repeatedly on Kodi's stream/videos.

You know you all hear it... you know what it is.

*sigh*
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have fought against Kodi since the early days he is now one of the best players in our game bar none. He used to run in a Zerg group just so you know. A funny story comes to mind as I write this. I was traveling to the North to be with my guildies. Havok was seiging Ash I was alone. I was on my magic Templar but had every weapon leveled and equipped a bow I tab targeted around to find the group leader whom I knew by name. I two shotted Anon with a double snipe when that was a thing off Ash and was chased by no less than 14 people for half of Cyrodil so he wasn't always the cool and collected guy he is today. Lots of hate whispers that day.

Anyway, he joined legends dueling guild started by Jack and later Sypher and dueled one and all getting better and better. He dueled the best and beat the best. He does not Marco he does not cheat he is great because he practiced and practiced and practiced and still does. Now he is ESO famous and there is no mystery to his success.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "fought him since early days..."
    "he's beat the best..."

Seeing a contradiction there?
    ;P
    Joke.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    "he's beat the best..."

;P
    Joke.

Well I am AD... I have to ride across the Alessia Bridge at some point, so it's inevitable. :wink:

Edited by DHale on May 24, 2017 8:37PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    "he's beat the best..."

;P
    Joke.

Well I am AD... I have to ride across the Alessia Bridge at some point, so it's inevitable. :wink:

AD? At Alessia Bridge? NEVARRR!
    x'DDD
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Practice.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 1vX'd by Kodi just the other day... I was fighting/evading a small group of magsorc curse/fury spammers and rolled around the corner of a wall heading into a resource where Kodi's Dk had a handful of derpies beating on him... He saw me and 3-shot me before I could even break free from Dizzying Swing.

That's where I'm usually scratching my head - the dizzy/ult/execute ani-cancel combo. I've run high damage builds with that combo and it's rarely enough for me to kill decent players because they can usually break free and roll before I can land the execute, yet the Kodi's and Fengrush's of the world somehow do it 1000% faster than I ever could. And my latency is normally only ~130-150 in Cyro.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's good. What the hell else is there to say really?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I got 1vX'd by Kodi just the other day... I was fighting/evading a small group of magsorc curse/fury spammers and rolled around the corner of a wall heading into a resource where Kodi's Dk had a handful of derpies beating on him... He saw me and 3-shot me before I could even break free from Dizzying Swing.

That's where I'm usually scratching my head - the dizzy/ult/execute ani-cancel combo. I've run high damage builds with that combo and it's rarely enough for me to kill decent players because they can usually break free and roll before I can land the execute, yet the Kodi's and Fengrush's of the world somehow do it 1000% faster than I ever could. And my latency is normally only ~130-150 in Cyro.

Kodi's leap is around 20k unbuffed

So a basic crish rush, light, dizzying, leap, light, execute is enough
    PS4 EU DC

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's somewhat obvious what they are doing.

The question you need to really ask is why is it that their "combo" (achieved by one press) seems to be nearly undodgeable and why it can hit you in the middle of a dodge roll.

Furthermore... if you play on ps4 and have never encountered people... how would you know anything past listening to them posture, brag and preen about themselves (while savaging all opponents with dull wit)?

What I wonder is if their slander and insults in twitch are a tos violation being it's being done in game but said in twitch?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The question you need to really ask is why is it that their "combo" (achieved by one press) seems to be nearly undodgeable and why it can hit you in the middle of a dodge roll.

Furthermore... if you play on ps4 and have never encountered people... how would you know anything past listening to them posture, brag and preen about themselves (while savaging all opponents with dull wit)?

What I wonder is if their slander and insults in twitch are a tos violation being it's being done in game but said in twitch?

Oh trust me I ask myself that all the time as well. :P
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you a fan who got 1vx'd?
    PS4 EU DC

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has run across him a few times and was always impressed by how he does two things. They were even more impressed after Telel reviewed a few streams to get his side of the fight and saw how he pulled it off.

He does two things almost no players in cyrodiil do, and which is the reason for his seeming superuberlolness.

1) Situational Awareness: Not only does he carefully choose his time nad place but he ALWAYS fights near rocks, trees, and other obstacles. Not only does it let him avoid a lot of damage by dipping around corners before the game records a skill going off, it keeps his opponents frustrated which leads to more mistakes.

This is pretty standard stuff for any PVLOS and is something most of his opponents simply refuse to understand. Worse, they just continue to chase him.

2) Timing that burst. He doesn't just mash keys over and over and over while being an elf about how people won't die. He instead uses that time to build up ult, keep himself purged, and build up his damage. Then he just lures people into a choke point and....gets rage tells.

Again, it's stuff most of his opponents refuse to learn how to do. Instead they just keep hurling attacks at him until they're out of resources, spread out, and utterly unprepared for the bomb.

A third thing is he and his companions are very well coordinated. They all play similar(ish) builds that let each one dip in and out of a fight. So if one gets focused on, they run while the others come in on a flank. By the time the opponents have reacted the first target is out of sight, healed, or they've all turned around and bursted down the group chasing after one guy.

So if you want to beat him you don't want or need to bring a ton of guys. Bringing twice as many should be more than enough once you've gotten some team work down. Then you just need to learn how to time your own bursts, run some heal debuffs, and NOT chase them.
    Edited by Telel on May 25, 2017 5:42AM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    This one has run across him a few times and was always impressed by how he does two things. They were even more impressed after Telel reviewed a few streams to get his side of the fight and saw how he pulled it off.

He does two things almost no players in cyrodiil do, and which is the reason for his seeming superuberlolness.

1) Situational Awareness: Not only does he carefully choose his time nad place but he ALWAYS fights near rocks, trees, and other obstacles. Not only does it let him avoid a lot of damage by dipping around corners before the game records a skill going off, it keeps his opponents frustrated which leads to more mistakes.

This is pretty standard stuff for any PVLOS and is something most of his opponents simply refuse to understand. Worse, they just continue to chase him.

2) Timing that burst. He doesn't just mash keys over and over and over while being an elf about how people won't die. He instead uses that time to build up ult, keep himself purged, and build up his damage. Then he just lures people into a choke point and....gets rage tells.

Again, it's stuff most of his opponents refuse to learn how to do. Instead they just keep hurling attacks at him until they're out of resources, spread out, and utterly unprepared for the bomb.

A third thing is he and his companions are very well coordinated. They all play similar(ish) builds that let each one dip in and out of a fight. So if one gets focused on, they run while the others come in on a flank. By the time the opponents have reacted the first target is out of sight, healed, or they've all turned around and bursted down the group chasing after one guy.

So if you want to beat him you don't want or need to bring a ton of guys. Bringing twice as many should be more than enough once you've gotten some team work down. Then you just need to learn how to time your own bursts, run some heal debuffs, and NOT chase them.

Don't chase is one of the lessons that just seems to be impossible to learn for a lot of players. And more and more, always be LOS'ing (and of course, doing the "I'm a 1vXer" jump) is being attempted by everyone. Even the people that can't really do it well.

One of the most hilarious things I've actually seen from stealth is two enemies, different factions, run into each other and both immediately start LOS'ing around different objects. Neither would engage.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just play pvp for 3k or more hours.

It's like asking what the key it to doing a standing backflip is. Practice, practice, practice and skill.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on June 1, 2017 2:34PM
This discussion has been closed.