The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.4

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Am I missing something, @ZOS_RichLambert said faster heavy attacks but all I see is faster flame and frost heavy attacks and not lightning?

I'm getting tired of the *** said on ESO Live, say it right next time.

This^

Make the change to Lightning staffs as well!
    @ZOS_RichLambert Make changes to lightning staves damage obviously
    https://www.twitch.tv /videos/142418891?t=08m43s
    But do what you said next time. Or at least mention it, you guys knew lightning staves were not going to be changed because they were being used currently.
    Edited by Nifty2g on May 15, 2017 3:07PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Still. Absolute. Garbage.

Really; if you guys started actually listening to your players, I think I'd have a heart attack from the sheer surprise...

These changes do nothing to mitigate the crushing nerfs to three (3) full classes, nor do they mitigate the sheer loss of sustain.

Heavy Attacks are boring, and forcing the players to weave them into their rotations will only make exciting combat into a boring, mindless slog.

No other MMORPG on the planet punishes their players by making them micro-manage their resources, and players across the whole spectrum of the game will become vastly weaker with the way the current Morrowind Update is configured.

This is still an absolutely GARBAGE update...

Did you look at the heavy attack changes? They're going to be significantly less useful as a spam ability now, and it's not that big a deal to use a few once in a while to keep resources up, so long as it's not the bulk of the build. You have to use less heavy attacks to get your resources back and they do less DPS so there's less pressure to be a heavy attack build. Also, does any other MMO even use resources? They all have abilities with cooldowns, so it's not really a good comparison.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Wrobel you just saved me 40$.
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    ok:

now on you guys at Zenimax your washing machines will eat one sock of all your favorite pairs. your flip flop will break at the worst moment. for a month your desk will smell like *** and your keyboard and mices will be peasky.
    this curse will do not merge with any other curse that is upon you and instead will add to them.

you shouldn't have nerfed the heavy attacks :O
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever you guys nerf the Familiar, can you PLEASE remove the stun from the special ability? Even with the massive damage they do now, they're still pretty much useless in most trial environments because they absolutely wreck ad pulls.

XBox NA
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope :(

then you look at the pasives from a dk, the 'whenever i want' from a sorc and the active regen from the warden. The joke is it's barely any better than a netch that is free to cast and ticks every second
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nova: Decreased the time it takes for the nova to land for this ability and its morphs to 0.5 seconds from 0.75 seconds.

It's like you're trolling us templars at this point. I also loved how Wrobel emphasized this change on ESO Live. You know, us templars have really been begging for nova to be 0.25 seconds faster for a long time now :D
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Sabbathius wrote: »
    I find it really odd that whoever is in charge of balancing seems to think DKs (especially stamina DKs following nerfs in v3.0.0) are absolutely fine and need zero changes. Because those tweaks to the magicka costs are pretty irrelevant, especially in such minuscule amounts (6%? lol). At the same time, these same people seem to think that Sorc parses we've been seeing for a while now are A-Okay too.

And am I crazy, or did Nightblades just get nerfed? What I mean is, Grim Resolve change is nice on paper. Yes, you no longer need to refresh the buff every time you fire the bow. But the thing is, depending on what you are doing (especially in PvP), you may not be firing the bow immediately on proc. And now it requires 5 attacks, which translates into a nerf to burst damage. And PvP is all about burst. So, if I'm PvPing, I have to wait longer to line up my burst (20% longer) AND I will still very likely be refreshing the buff anyway, because lining up another 5 lights in PvP, after holding on to the proc for a while to make optimal use of it, just isn't feasible most of the time. So, to recap: nerf to burst, no change in how the ability is used in practice, AND a nerf to the snare to 3 sec from 5 sec? Nerfs all around? Or am I just nuts? It's fine if I am, but it would be good to know.

It's a buff to PvE Nightblades, perhaps not a buff for PvP ones. I'd say PvE Nightblades are in a significantly worse place right now, though.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Did I read that right? Lightning staff heavy attack is now 15% weaker and cast time remains untouched... GG to the only decent magic weapon I've gotten from MSA in 1+ year. I'm furious! >:(

I think it's because Lightning staff heavy attacks, like resto staff ones, are beams that do continual small bits of damage, rather than a delay for a single large hit like flame and ice staffs. That delay for a build up hurts flame and ice staff users because of the pause in doing continual damage.

• Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    So instead of buffing the NBs magicka skills a little to make them PvE-wise just a little more viable compared to literally any other class.

We get 1 more required attack to fire Assassins Will. And the change of being able to fire it multiple times from a single cast is so braindead it hurts reading this.

I have trouble weaving (That bug you were too lazy to fix and instead declared a feature so long ago) already and get stuck in my animation 50% of the time in fights.

Yes, let's add more complication to the class that already requires you to have parkinson to play it effectively. A+ Horse dung.

How do you imagine NB players ZOS? Do we have to drink 50 cans of energy drinks a day to play this class 'right' ?

Seriously, if you want your players to do this weaving *** more and more with each patch, fix its animation hiccups.

And honestly, the Spectral Bow hits for about 65% of what Crystal Fragments from the sorcerer hits for. What do Sorcerers have to do to get their inhumane crystal frag crit? Press 1 button.

NBs? We need to do the light attack weaving *** dance for about half of the performance of a skill another class needs to push only 1 button for. Getting the spectral bow also takes ages compared to just press the crystal frags button.

And those 8% from minor berserk the skill grants not even remotely evens this out. If it would, people would actually ask for NBs for trials.
    Edited by Mordenkainen on May 15, 2017 3:34PM
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decreased damage of heavy attacks by 15%? Meaning you've killed the only viable build out there.

Good job zos. You just killed your game.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still. Absolute. Garbage.

Really; if you guys started actually listening to your players, I think I'd have a heart attack from the sheer surprise...

These changes do nothing to mitigate the crushing nerfs to three (3) full classes, nor do they mitigate the sheer loss of sustain.

Heavy Attacks are boring, and forcing the players to weave them into their rotations will only make exciting combat into a boring, mindless slog.

No other MMORPG on the planet punishes their players by making them micro-manage their resources, and players across the whole spectrum of the game will become vastly weaker with the way the current Morrowind Update is configured.

This is still an absolutely GARBAGE update...

Did you look at the heavy attack changes? They're going to be significantly less useful as a spam ability now, and it's not that big a deal to use a few once in a while to keep resources up, so long as it's not the bulk of the build. You have to use less heavy attacks to get your resources back and they do less DPS so there's less pressure to be a heavy attack build. Also, does any other MMO even use resources? They all have abilities with cooldowns, so it's not really a good comparison.
    I very much read the Heavy Attack changes.

They decreased the damage and decreased the charge time. Which are two changes that effectively cancel each other out.

Add this in with the nigh complete disappearance of sustain from the game, and they're still forcing you to weave Heavy Attacks into your rotation to the point that almost every-other attack must be a Heavy Attack in order to have enough resources to do just about anything. ANd even then, you're still going to be finding yourself running out of resources to perform even base-level Class abilities when attempting even the most mundane of tasks.

Thus, the new Heavy Attack Meta is still very real, and it will get ignorantly boring in a very short amount of time. New/casual players are still going to get punished at a far more severe rate than older/Hardcore players, and even the older/Hardcore players are still getting punished for no other reason than playing the game and getting good at it.

And it is a very apropos comparison. At this point, I'd be in favor of ZOS changing the Skills to having Cooldown's.

My opinion remains unchanged, just like ZOS's desire to actually listen to their community and Players, tha vast majority of which STILL have zero love or desire for these changes.

Morrowind. Update. Is. Pure. Garbage.

Edited by Uriel_Nocturne on May 15, 2017 3:19PM

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I like the change to the forceful 2H passive. though It'd have been kinda nice to add in a bit of diversity based on weapon type (Maul, Battleaxe, Warhammer). Such as Battleaxes increasing splash damage, Greatswords hitting more targets, Warhammers having a chance to set targets off balance. Maybe in the future.

The changes to light/heavy attacks seem minimal, just from an initial perspective. Though I was always one to weave in heavy attacks every so often anyway (cause terrible rotation).

The Grim Focus change will most certainly be interesting to plink around with.

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, and might I add that absolutely nobody gives a flying *snip* about hitting moving targets with nova? Nobody is using nova outside of dungeons. Primarily trials, even, because meteor and destro ults outperform it in 4-man content. Nobody is trying to hit moving targets with nova. They'll just step out of it after it lands, anyway.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    Grim Focus: Long wished ... now delivered. Nice!
    Bosmer stamina nightblade!
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Nova: Decreased the time it takes for the nova to land for this ability and its morphs to 0.5 seconds from 0.75 seconds.

It's like you're trolling us templars at this point. I also loved how Wrobel emphasized this change on ESO Live. You know, us templars have really been begging for nova to be 0.25 seconds faster for a long time now :D

Well, while beeing stoved in cupboard you can now light your candle a little faster.

But keep in mind: Before you sit down, get naked or you have a good chance of getting stuck with your costume.

Sry, but this is hillarious. Glad i got cake earlier... . *Makes a note to the 22.5. -> Need at minimum 1l choclate fudge icecream ... or strawberry cheesecake... ... to hell: i will need both!
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknights will now be fighting over who gets Major Mending since they'll be overriding one another's Igneous Shields

Templars will be fighting over who gets to Repentance the bodies of who or what they just killed together

Meanwhile, Sorcerers lose the ability to do something that shouldn't have been possible in the first place (healing through walls) and there's a planned pet damage nerf, big whoop.

Nerf Dark Deal/Dark Conversion; maybe then the scalping of all three other original classes wouldn't be such a thorn in our sides.
  • Voryn_Dagoth
    Voryn_Dagoth
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Why reduce staff heavy attack channel time more than bow? And why just flame and frost and not lightning and Resto?
    Probably because Shock and Resto staff attacks deal continuous damage and can't be dodged in PVP.
    Edited by Voryn_Dagoth on May 15, 2017 3:29PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Took me .25 seconds longer to not slot it.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is this most pointless one yet. Don't post saying you're adding balancing changes and you do absolutely nothing.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man forceful is doing over 100% splash damage right now. This is so beautiful. Heavy attack a pack of mobs out of stealth and one shot all of them.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    czlvmakyrjbr.jpg

72si3qkh3ba1.png
    General
    • Increased the damage of Light Attacks by 15%.
    • Decreased the damage of Heavy Attacks by 15%.
    • Increased the resources restored by fully-charged Heavy Attacks by 30%.
    • Reduced the cast time of fully-charged Bow Heavy Attacks by 10%.
    • Reduced the cast time of fully-charged Flame and Frost Heavy Attacks by 12.5%.
      Developer Comments:
      There are two goals with all the changes listed above. First, we want the damage difference between Light Attack weaving and Heavy Attack weaving to be more prominent. Light Attacks should be the clear winner when you are trying to maximize damage per second, while Heavy Attacks should deal less damage per second in exchange for restoring resources.

Second, we want to speed up some of the slowest Heavy Attacks while also increasing the amount of resources all Heavy Attacks restore. This should improve the combat feel of winding up some of the slower Heavy Attacks, while also allowing all builds to restore their resources faster and with less Heavy Attacks needed.

Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Grim Focus:
        • You can now fire multiple Assassin’s Will or Assassin’s Scourge bow procs from a single cast of this ability and its morphs.
        • Increased the amount of Light or Heavy Attacks needed to obtain an Assassin’s Will or Assassin’s Scourge bow proc to 5 attacks from 4.
      • Merciless Resolve (Grim Focus morph): Reduced the duration of the snare from this morph’s Assassin’s Will bow proc to 3 seconds from 5 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        Allowing you to fire multiple Assassin’s Will procs from a single cast of Grim Focus should streamline the ability usage by eliminating the need to recast it early. We’ve increased the amount of attacks needed to obtain a proc slightly, but the net result should be an increase in Nightblade PvE DPS with the extra global cooldowns.

I'm excited to see how the changes to Light and Heavy attacks will play out.

And a question about the changes to Grim focus, if I can fire off a bunch of light attacks fast enough is it possible to get two arrows at the same time?
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I very much read the Heavy Attack changes.

They decreased the damage and decreased the charge time. Which are two changes that effectively cancel each other out.

Add this in with the nigh complete disappearance of sustain from the game, and they're still forcing you to weave Heavy Attacks into your rotation to the point that almost every-other attack must be a Heavy Attack in order to have enough resources to do just about anything. ANd even then, you're still going to be finding yourself running out of resources to perform even base-level Class abilities when attempting even the most mundane of tasks.

Thus, the new Heavy Attack Meta is still very real, and it will get ignorantly boring in a very short amount of time. New/casual players are still going to get punished at a far more severe rate than older/Hardcore players, and even the older/Hardcore players are still getting punished for no other reason than playing the game and getting good at it.

And it is a very apropos comparison. At this point, I'd be in favor of ZOS changing the Skills to having Cooldown's.

My opinion remains unchanged, just like ZOS's desire to actually listen to their community and Players, tha vast majority of which STILL have zero love or desire for these changes.

Morrowind. Update. Is. Pure. Garbage.

I see you made up your mind and nothing short of removing any heavy attacking from the game will do the trick for you but I like the changes a lot so I'll defend them.

These changes make it so that the players have to rely on themselves rather than group synergies to get back resources. This will mean very organised groups will suffer huge changes whereas it'll be easier for new/casual players to sustainthrough fights by heavy attacking. Good players will be rewarded for weaving.

Your statement that "almost every-other attack must be a Heavy Attack" is complete garbage by the way, the current PTS iteration will force you to heavy attack at most every 10 seconds or so, meaning 1 in 6 attacks is a heavy attack.
    Edited by Draqone on May 15, 2017 3:29PM
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am wondering is who sat there and thought bows were outperforming staffs to where they do not need to be as fast at heavy attacks? I mean; all those bows being used for top DPS and all...
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So..

Light means Heavy damage
    Heavy means Light damage
    Roll dodge means nothing versus attack A, yet totally mitigates attack B
    Block means reducing and preventing attack C, yet doesn't work versus attack D
    Reflect doesn't reflect half the projectile attacks, like it's description tells you.
    3 different hidden effects on destro staves, with hidden taunt to boot
    New characters have no skills, only google will tell you what you can train

Yeps.. mission accomplished... much better New User experience overall, so much clearer !
    Edited by Docmandu on May 15, 2017 3:39PM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Took me .25 seconds longer to not slot it.

ahaha!
    @ZoS, please, we don't need your Nova in current meta. It was "not bad" some time ago. Take it away.
    Edited by Ashamray on May 15, 2017 3:31PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • KaraBela94
    KaraBela94
    ✭✭✭✭
    admin
    Hey guys,

Just to give everyone a heads up, next week will be our last patch on the PTS before we kick off the Early Access event on PC. In order for us to begin testing out the proper permission levels, only players who have pre-purchased the Morrowind Digital Upgrade will have access to Morrowind content on the PTS next week. All PC players will be able to continue testing the base game and any of the old DLC content, including the upcoming balance changes that we’ll be implementing on Monday that’s based on a lot of your feedback. Additionally, if you already have a Warden created, you will still be able to access that character and play anywhere except Vvardenfell, Battlegrounds, or Halls of Fabrication.

Let us know if you have any questions!

U had just one Job...

At least I can throw my Money at other companies :)
    Edited by KaraBela94 on May 15, 2017 3:35PM
    Yasin Pascha - Stamina DK - DC
    Eroglu Yasin - Stamina Warden - DC
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    Why decrease ha 15%, why?????
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Wonky_Jr
    Wonky_Jr
    ✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    ab5b3xqqc5oz.jpg

dfe976veaqj6.png
    General
    • If you’re wearing a costume, you should avoid sitting in a chair in this patch. There’s a high probability of getting stuck.

Wait... what? lol

This will be a nerf if you role-play, but a buff if you don't.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why reduce staff heavy attack channel time more than bow? And why just flame and frost and not lightning and Resto?
    Probably because Shock and Resto staff attacks deal continuous damage and can't be dodged in PVP.

I would assume that but at the same time; I could assume that this quality was already taken into account before nerfing damage of those abilities 15%. I mean if heavy attacks no longer are meant to be used as damage and are speed up for resource management sake, this kind of kills the point of having them un-dodgeable in the first place.