The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.4

• lord.lethris
    lord.lethris
    Soul Shriven
    I got an invite, but the client is telling me I cant play it. it was OK last week :(

Has the Closed beta ended?
  • lord.lethris
    lord.lethris
    Soul Shriven
    I got an invite, but the client is telling me I cant play it. it was OK last week :(

and now its ok again ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭

and now its ok again ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@lord.lethris,

ESO Morrowind Closed Beta open to players who pre-purchased a Digital Upgrade or Digital Collectors Edition. All PC players can test the base game changes with PTS Patch v3.0.4..

@AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    Still. Absolute. Garbage.

Really; if you guys started actually listening to your players, I think I'd have a heart attack from the sheer surprise...

These changes do nothing to mitigate the crushing nerfs to three (3) full classes, nor do they mitigate the sheer loss of sustain.

Heavy Attacks are boring, and forcing the players to weave them into their rotations will only make exciting combat into a boring, mindless slog.

No other MMORPG on the planet punishes their players by making them micro-manage their resources, and players across the whole spectrum of the game will become vastly weaker with the way the current Morrowind Update is configured.

This is still an absolutely GARBAGE update...

I agree with this guy.
  • oloriun
    oloriun
    Soul Shriven
    Veg wrote: »
    For those asking about igneous Sheild, it's something we're aware of and working on, but likely won't have a solution in place in time for launch.

So rich and/or wrobel decided to reduce the cost of chains while knowing that igneous shield is bugged. Did the priority list for class mechanics get lost in a fire?
    6AtJWkA.png
    reiverx wrote: »
    The increased damage in light attacks pretty much guarantees that DKs will never have major mending in PVP.
    It's time for reactive malubeth magDK to show they're face.

Dont even need reactive fam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw1nN51PSs

And major mending is only needed for offensive builds that cant rely on their healing otherwise (i didnt use major mending here and had 50% debuff from fasallas).

our time has come

Wat. This is from live?
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Just to clarify and make sure we're all on the same page, the Sorc adjustments and changes to Siphoning Strikes are not included in this patch. These will be coming in next week's PC patch on Live.
    So basically you're not interested in our views of this until it's too late to change it.

I see.

Wooooow gg zos.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online: Heavy Attacks Unlimited!
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    But everyone can equip a Resto and enjoy the 3s of major mending glory after completing the HA channel. Isn't it great and EXCITING!!!

Yeah, my redguard templar is really exited, in her culture only children play with sticks ...

• Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Still not had a chance to check yet but as per my comment on the first page, where do medium weave attacks fall into this now, are the better DPS still as they don't offer resources or is the time reduction enough to force them into full heavy attacks.

@Turelus
    Light attack weaving will likely be better for dps and may lead medium weaving to be abandoned. It all depends on the numbers, but that is the impression I am getting when reading the changes. The time difference between medium weaving and doing full heavy attacks is still significant enough that it would be a dps loss because of the added downtime in-between damage (unless you run a lightning staff I suppose), and with the damage reduction it will not be as tempting.

I wish I could properly test the changes before Monday, but it seems they forgot to flip the character copies to NA again :/
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Still not had a chance to check yet but as per my comment on the first page, where do medium weave attacks fall into this now, are the better DPS still as they don't offer resources or is the time reduction enough to force them into full heavy attacks.

Turelus
    Light attack weaving will likely be better for dps and may lead medium weaving to be abandoned. It all depends on the numbers, but that is the impression I am getting when reading the changes. The time difference between medium weaving and doing full heavy attacks is still significant enough that it would be a dps loss because of the added downtime in-between damage (unless you run a lightning staff I suppose), and with the damage reduction it will not be as tempting.

I wish I could properly test the changes before Monday, but it seems they forgot to flip the character copies to NA again :/
    Thanks, that's what I was somewhat assuming. I really should try and find some time to pop on and check.

I am just really bad at light waves (not sure if it's L2P or just Swallow Soul's issues) so not looking forward to this change, will have to see what I can do.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those asking about igneous Sheild, it's something we're aware of and working on, but likely won't have a solution in place in time for launch.

*Shield*

Sorry.....
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭

Turelus

Thanks, that's what I was somewhat assuming. I really should try and find some time to pop on and check.

I am just really bad at light waves (not sure if it's L2P or just Swallow Soul's issues) so not looking forward to this change, will have to see what I can do.

Swollow Soul bugs out LA weaving.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain the relentless focus/grim focus change?

Am I correct in assuming 5 attacks then fire bow another 5 attacks than fire bow, so on until you need to rebuff?

I guess for PvE that's nice but PvP it's a nerf in my eyes.

@deepseamk20b14_ESO
    You will be able to build towards the bow proc until the ability ends, but there is a problem with this in that it incourages a playstyle that will no longer be relevant with Morrowind, or at least will be abandoned in favour of the stronger heavy attack builds, the reason for it is that you will only see more than one bow proc over the course of the 20s duration if you are able to use a light attack at least once every 2 seconds. If the sustain nerfs hadn't hit, it would have been a great buff, but with the way you have to manage resources after patch it will likely not produce a noticeable effect. It is technically a buff for PvE though, since you would (if able to perform enough light attacks to proc it twice over its duration) be able to shave off some deadtime spent casting the awkward animation.

I have since watched a few DPS videos on YouTube and so far NB is having little issue with sustain without using heavy attacks and they are reaching 38k to 42k DPS. I counted on average 2 procs per rotation with the occasional 3 proc.

I think it's going to be better than most expect. Still won't touch magicka based DD but whatever. I've given up that one.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Turelus

Swallow Souls is notoriously hard to weave with, it requires some pretty funky timing for sure.

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I correct in assuming 5 attacks then fire bow another 5 attacks than fire bow, so on until you need to rebuff?

@deepseamk20b14_ESO
    You will be able to build towards the bow proc until the ability ends, but there is a problem with this in that it incourages a playstyle that will no longer be relevant with Morrowind, or at least will be abandoned in favour of the stronger heavy attack builds, the reason for it is that you will only see more than one bow proc over the course of the 20s duration if you are able to use a light attack at least once every 2 seconds. If the sustain nerfs hadn't hit, it would have been a great buff, but with the way you have to manage resources after patch it will likely not produce a noticeable effect. It is technically a buff for PvE though, since you would (if able to perform enough light attacks to proc it twice over its duration) be able to shave off some deadtime spent casting the awkward animation.

I have since watched a few DPS videos on YouTube and so far NB is having little issue with sustain without using heavy attacks and they are reaching 38k to 42k DPS. I counted on average 2 procs per rotation with the occasional 3 proc.

I think it's going to be better than most expect. Still won't touch magicka based DD but whatever. I've given up that one.

Yeah magicka nb, regardless of how affected they are by the changes, will likely still be in the back of the dps bus. Personally when I tested out my nb right after PTS began, I found that I would run out after 70s when selfsustained with siphoning strikes, elemental drain and potions, that is still a lot longer than my other characters, but yeah that's why I wrote that.

[tinfoilhat]I'm usually pretty apprenhensive about watching other people's dps videos, since the way they play the game is impossible for me to copy, I don't know if it's a macro or whatever that they have going on, but it's definitely very different from what I'm capable of with the same or less latency. Naming and shaming prevents mentioning these people by name, but it's something I've noticed a lot of people have, where for example the sound of their mouse-clicks and actions don't really align. Plus many of them are capable of having flawless rotations above 200 ping, meanwhile myself and my friends suffer from getting stuck in heavy attacks and other such issues that normally go hand-in-hand with high ping rates in ESO.[/tinfoilhat]

Anyway, it'd be cool if you could PM a link, since what you are describing could mean my nightblade isn't going to be a gutter rat come morrowind, lol.

Fire and Ice
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potenza wrote: »
    Midori_Oku wrote: »
    Oh man, if the light attack damage increase actually works with overload I'm going to be so excited! I love seeing crazy high numbers!

Overload is an ultimate. So I dont think it will work that way.

2 overload light attacks proc kena. Not sure if this will be the same though.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm it actually concerns me, will there be issues healing while pet is catching up. I noticed it lags behind sometimes. Also what happens when it's in ghost mode?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by Tasear on May 21, 2017 8:12AM
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom:

ALMOST ONE HOUR TO LOGIN IN TO MORROWIND,THEN TRANSPARENT/TRANSLUCENT CHARACTER.
    PTS Bug Report (Ticket 170521-01064)

Earlier this evening I had great difficulty logging in to PTS after it came back online. >:)
    After entering User ID and password the transition screen to Character Select seemed stalled. Ouroboros icon rotation sluggish, music sometimes stuttered. 15 minutes seemed infinite loading screen -- until I checked frame rate. During lengthy transition to Character Select: only 4 - 7 fps! After 20 minutes, closed client, quit Launcher.

Second attempt, same low FPS , 15 minute transition screen awaiting Character Select. Closed client, Quit Launcher.

Task Manager close all non-essential background tasks. Ensured Norton 2017 Security Pro still Silent Mode. Confirmed Firewall allows all port addresses required for ESO. Ran Game Consultant, saved report.txt.

FYI: Fiber-optic to premises, 110 MB/ps internet provisioning to the cablemodem, high-end 801.11ac router, hard-wire RJ-45 to my PC. OS is Windows 10 Home x64 Build 1711 (Creators Update). Plenty of throughput to ESO PC megaservers.

Third Attempt same low FPS. 15 mins later Character Select showed my pet, mount, sword & shield, but invisible toon! Lengthy transition screen to Morrowind with low FPS.

Once in Morrowind, FPS dropped to 1fps!!. Character appeared transparent and ghostly, barely visible. :#>:):/:'(

Took PrtSc shots stored locally for this post, but with NDA cannot upload them to PTS ESO Morrowind Closed Beta Forum for this post. Attach image only allows http link to attach images, for some reason. I also have a short, edited MP4 vid cap of translucent character.

Please escalate slow FPS and transparent/translucent Character issues for possible Hotfix, if not before Early Access, then for Launch.

Edited by Auldjohn on May 21, 2017 11:10AM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@deepseamk20b14_ESO

Yeah magicka nb, regardless of how affected they are by the changes, will likely still be in the back of the dps bus. Personally when I tested out my nb right after PTS began, I found that I would run out after 70s when selfsustained with siphoning strikes, elemental drain and potions, that is still a lot longer than my other characters, but yeah that's why I wrote that.

[tinfoilhat]I'm usually pretty apprenhensive about watching other people's dps videos, since the way they play the game is impossible for me to copy, I don't know if it's a macro or whatever that they have going on, but it's definitely very different from what I'm capable of with the same or less latency. Naming and shaming prevents mentioning these people by name, but it's something I've noticed a lot of people have, where for example the sound of their mouse-clicks and actions don't really align. Plus many of them are capable of having flawless rotations above 200 ping, meanwhile myself and my friends suffer from getting stuck in heavy attacks and other such issues that normally go hand-in-hand with high ping rates in ESO.[/tinfoilhat]

Anyway, it'd be cool if you could PM a link, since what you are describing could mean my nightblade isn't going to be a gutter rat come morrowind, lol.

Just type in "eso nightblade DPS test" on youtube there are a bunch. Most are stamina builds and are the same builds, just different people using it.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Noruat
    Noruat
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know who writes these patch notes, but it drives me absolutely crazy when you write:

Increased the damage of this ability to 25% from 20%.

You should write:

Increased the damage of this ability from 20% to 25%.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noruat wrote: »
    I don't know who writes these patch notes, but it drives me absolutely crazy when you write:

You should write:

Sorry to break it to you but you're wrong there.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noruat wrote: »

You should write:

@Noruat The key word you missed is reduction.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Gina, are you going to stick with your idea of paying for testing? Because it's a bad idea... not only you have less people testing your "expansion", but also you have lesser chances of getting new buyers, by shutting the door to PTS.

At least you should reconsider it before it goes live.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Noruat
    Noruat
    Soul Shriven
    I've been playing a Warden for the last few days.

I feel as though ice staffs should be BiS for a class like that.

Perhaps creating a +damage synergy between Ice/Fire staves might be a good idea for Wardens? Maybe all classes?

I think that creating that +damage synergy might make alternate builds viable rather than the overly-common Lightning/Fire staff combo.

Something like "Blood Boil" or "Frostburn" - where when a target has both chilled and burning effects, it does a DOT or some nice single-target damage (possibly activate it with the synergy button?). Just to make up for the 10% damage loss by not using a lightning staff for the Exploiter passive in CP.
    Edited by Noruat on May 24, 2017 11:08PM
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    URGH! U'r nerfing Heavy attack damage now?! Can you stop !@#$ing up my builds as I try to develop them please. Where is the NB tank love anyway? You make me resentful ZOS.