The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.4

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Daedric Summoning
    Summon Twilight Matriarch (Summon Winged Twilight morph): Fixed an issue where this morph’s heal ability could heal through walls.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YES. YESSSSSSSSSS.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why reduce staff heavy attack channel time more than bow? And why just flame and frost and not lightning and Resto?
  • Cogrock
    Cogrock
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, so that's pretty much a guaranteed no on the Stamina morph for Swarm then. One less thing to have looked forward to.

Booo!
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag Nightblade FotM in PvE ;)

Edited by DerpyShadowz on May 15, 2017 2:47PM
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is that Sorcerer pet damage reduction that was mentioned last week?

Magicka Sorcerers remain 25% stronger than all other classes in PvE. Fantastic.

EDIT: No fix to DK or Templar such as Igneous Shield or Repentance? Sigh.

It not will be on PTS but directly on live :)
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Am I missing something, @ZOS_RichLambert said faster heavy attacks but all I see is faster flame and frost heavy attacks and not lightning?

I'm getting tired of the *** said on ESO Live, say it right next time.

Typical Wroble if you ask me...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    So, let me make sure I understand this...

You're increasing light attack damage on the 2H weapons?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Really, it does.
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

• Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? No igneous shield fix? You honestly have 1 week before this gets to live.

The shield does not stack with other DKs so if another DK around you uses igneous you lose major mending without taking damage.

Up
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ab5b3xqqc5oz.jpg

dfe976veaqj6.png
    General
    • If you’re wearing a costume, you should avoid sitting in a chair in this patch. There’s a high probability of getting stuck.

Wait... what? lol

• Sabbathius
    Sabbathius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it really odd that whoever is in charge of balancing seems to think DKs (especially stamina DKs following nerfs in v3.0.0) are absolutely fine and need zero changes. Because those tweaks to the magicka costs are pretty irrelevant, especially in such minuscule amounts (6%? lol). At the same time, these same people seem to think that Sorc parses we've been seeing for a while now are A-Okay too.

And am I crazy, or did Nightblades just get nerfed? What I mean is, Grim Resolve change is nice on paper. Yes, you no longer need to refresh the buff every time you fire the bow. But the thing is, depending on what you are doing (especially in PvP), you may not be firing the bow immediately on proc. And now it requires 5 attacks, which translates into a nerf to burst damage. And PvP is all about burst. So, if I'm PvPing, I have to wait longer to line up my burst (20% longer) AND I will still very likely be refreshing the buff anyway, because lining up another 5 lights in PvP, after holding on to the proc for a while to make optimal use of it, just isn't feasible most of the time. So, to recap: nerf to burst, no change in how the ability is used in practice, AND a nerf to the snare to 3 sec from 5 sec? Nerfs all around? Or am I just nuts? It's fine if I am, but it would be good to know.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Am I missing something, @ZOS_RichLambert said faster heavy attacks but all I see is faster flame and frost heavy attacks and not lightning?

I figured that that will stay the same.... They're pretty powerful and already faster than the others. But i kinda Expected it to be alot more, like 25%.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's stupid, ZOS know full well if they use their "hard data" to see peoples DPS that lightning heavy attacks are being used but they fail to mention it on ESO Live that heavy attacks from a lightning staff wont be increased, so everyone gets happy only to see that a lightning staff won't be affected by this.

The resource return change is nice, but are you kidding me? I truly don't know why I am not surprised by this anymore.
    #MOREORBS
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pet 'nerf'? You have GOT to be kidding me :D
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    During the last episode of ESO Live, they said nerfs to pet sorcs were coming soon along with undefined changes to Siphoning Strikes and its morphs. Not sure, but they might be a part of the patch when it goes live, but they didn't have enough time to include it in this week's round of PTS changes.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increased the damage of Light Attacks by 15%. - %25
    Decreased the damage of Heavy Attacks by 15%.-%25
    Increased the resources restored by fully-charged Heavy Attacks by 30%.
    Reduced the cast time of fully-charged Bow Heavy Attacks by 10%. %15
    Reduced the cast time of fully-charged Flame and Frost Heavy Attacks by 12.5%. %18 and add lighting Also

if u want them really works
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so...that math.

- Decreased the damage of Heavy Attacks by 15%.
    - Increased the resources restored by fully-charged Heavy Attacks by 30%.
    - Reduced the cast time of fully-charged Flame and Frost Heavy Attacks by 12.5%.

Faster cast times on staff heavy attacks (excluding shock) almost cancels out the damage nerf, on top of that now restore even more resources, why? x)
    Edited by Ajaxduo on May 15, 2017 2:53PM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about not-fully charged heavy attacks? They get a nerf on damage without getting the buff on resources restored, or they stay as now?

And how much mag/stam does a fully charged attack restore, precisely (assuming you have no cp in the appropriate constellation)?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I read that right? Lightning staff heavy attack is now 15% weaker and cast time remains untouched... GG to the only decent magic weapon I've gotten from MSA in 1+ year. I'm furious! >:(
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened here?
    Where are the Sorc pet nerfs? These stupid little *** do way to much dmg in PVE.

They stated, that this will not happen this patch...
    Where are the Sorc pet nerfs? These stupid little *** do way to much dmg in PVE.

@SorataArisugawa is not it the last patch?
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's stupid, ZOS know full well if they use their "hard data" to see peoples DPS that lightning heavy attacks are being used but they fail to mention it on ESO Live that heavy attacks from a lightning staff wont be increased, so everyone gets happy only to see that a lightning staff won't be affected by this.

The resource return change is nice, but are you kidding me? I truly don't know why I am not surprised by this anymore.

Yeah but Worble is Worble... Sadly no change there...
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surak73 wrote: »
    How about not-fully charged heavy attacks? They get a nerf on damage without getting the buff on resources restored, or they stay as now?

And how much mag/stam does a fully charged attack restore, precisely (assuming you have no cp in the appropriate constellation)?

Not fully charged heavy attack has damage between light and heavy and dont restore resources. So go figure
    Edited by SodanTok on May 15, 2017 2:55PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    What happened here?

On ESO live they said there will be small changes, including one you mentioned, on next week Live patch.
  • sirtadzio
    sirtadzio
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/344036/energy-orbs-mystic-orbs-pve-functionality#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    Please have a look here for future patch consideration in regards to reducing the cost of orbs, or some equivalent to fit in with the upcoming meta. Math and screenshots included in this original post.
    PvE Healer
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    What happened here?

It is but they will release a last one right with the update. So you wont be able to test it. Don't know why, don't know if they place it even later, but they mentioned, that it wont be this patch.
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    The changes to heavy attacks kind of make all current class resource sustain skills pointless. Why would I slot Siphoning Attacks if I can just heavy attack 1-2 times instead and use that bar space for something else?

A single heavy attack with a Flame staff should restore around 3200 magicka with these changes. A 20 second Siphoning Attacks with 17 LA weaves will only give around 2415 + 17*197 -1250 = 4514.

Unless these sustain skills get a buff I don't see a point in using them.

Don't forget orbs. They are also busted as hell when you factor in these changes. Not only are orbs EXTREMELY hard to pop sometimes, but they only give 4K magicka back. The AoE portion of orbs probably needs to be brought back.
    Edited by LZH on May 15, 2017 2:59PM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys finally reduce DK costs and it's by 6 and 7%..?

Is this a joke?
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miss the sorc balance.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there supposed to be a Siphoning Attacks buff in this incremental?

Also, any chance magic NB could get some love in PVP? It seems like...well, all of the changes to NB this PTS cycle has been done with PVE in mind and Cyrodiil and battlegrounds as an afterthought.

The next buff to Siphoning Attacks will go in the next patch which will go directly to live servers.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why are lightening staff's still doing more heavy attack splash damage than 2 handers? Or why is any melee skill doing less than any ranged skill? We've talked about risk/reward before, but a majority of trials guilds are nor bringing stamina builds alone due to the high risk they have with no shields and the close range fight mechanics favoring magicka builds.

So why do we keep giving ranged magicka builds the advatage along with less risk?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^

Make the change to Lightning staffs as well!
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~