The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul Strike needs a look at

Goshua
Goshua
✭✭✭✭
Currently its fire and forget as long as cast while you have line of sight.

If for whatever reason your target moves behind you; gap closer's, roll dodges or you're just that fast, the beam still follows even if your looking in the opposite direction.
I would think enforcing maintained los is not an unfair trade off. It's a cheap ultimate.
Preferably without the target dropping any non damage effects and morph differences.

Any thoughts?

edit Changed the thread title to base skill rather than the morph

Edited by Goshua on April 29, 2017 12:48AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »

If for whatever reason your target moves behind you; gap closer's, roll dodges or you're just that fast, the beam still follows even if your looking in the opposite direction.
    I would think enforcing maintained los is not an unfair trade off. It's a cheap ultimate.
    Preferably without the target dropping any non damage effects and morph differences.

Any thoughts?

Basically you want to change all channels? Cause there are more channels than just that, not many but there are more. Radiant Oppression would be the most known one. It works in the exact same way. Only difference is that I don't think you can interrupt soul assault.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, it's kinda nice that it got buffed enough to finally be more powerful than jesus beam, which is not an ultimate.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts?

Basically you want to change all channels? Cause there are more channels than just that, not many but there are more. Radiant Oppression would be the most known one. It works in the exact same way. Only difference is that I don't think you can interrupt soul assault.

I've never had radiant stick like SA does.

@IcyDeadPeople

Agree. Perhaps I should just feel less guilty when it behaves that way in my favor.
    Edited by Goshua on April 27, 2017 8:41PM
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if you had a 180 degree LOS on soul assault like the new breath of life in PTS. I say it is fair.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if you had a 180 degree LOS on soul assault like the new breath of life in PTS. I say it is fair.

And logical. It looks very awkward beaming someone directly behind you while not even looking at them and still facing the opposite direction. This would be a fair change to all channeled beams.

Edited by Lord_Hev on April 27, 2017 9:09PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From what I can remember on one of the live streams they said they did not want ultimates negated by ordinary moves. Unfortunately you can purge it (will be getting fixed). However if you make LOS at 180 degrees then sorcs can just streak through you to negate it.

Any thoughts?

@IcyDeadPeople

Agree. Perhaps I should just feel less guilty when it behaves that way in my favor.

I've been Killed by RD through rocks and trees.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    From what I can remember on one of the live streams they said they did not want ultimates negated by ordinary moves. Unfortunately you can purge it (will be getting fixed). However if you make LOS at 180 degrees then sorcs can just streak through you to negate it.

Any thoughts?

@IcyDeadPeople

CC them first. Counter play, instead of spamming it as soon as its available. Waiting for the best time etc

Regarding RD going through objects, which shouldn't happen is more game than ability related.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Any thoughts?

@IcyDeadPeople

CC them first. Counter play, instead of spamming it as soon as its available. Waiting for the best time etc

Regarding RD going through objects, which shouldn't happen is more game than ability related.

The counter play is available to everyone. Block. The same way to mitigate meteor. And if sorc shield. It hits hard but only on squishy people who aren't prepared for it. I've used it a lot since it's been updated and put a video of it being purged. Which they said wouldn't stop that ult but it did. I would say about 75% live through it. But when people scramble and dodge roll that's when they die. It's only single target and targeting is crazy especially when outnumbered. Even worse at range. On my stam sorc I just dark deal. It heals just about the time the damage comes in if spamming. Also gives you a full bar to kill once they have wasted it.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts?

@IcyDeadPeople

The counter play is available to everyone. Block. The same way to mitigate meteor. And if sorc shield. It hits hard but only on squishy people who aren't prepared for it. I've used it a lot since it's been updated and put a video of it being purged. Which they said wouldn't stop that ult but it did. I would say about 75% live through it. But when people scramble and dodge roll that's when they die. It's only single target and targeting is crazy especially when outnumbered. Even worse at range. On my stam sorc I just dark deal. It heals just about the time the damage comes in if spamming. Also gives you a full bar to kill once they have wasted it.

You can also put points in reducing damage over time..

Block sure cannot argue with that, not that I'm trying to argue with you.

I'd rather keep my stamina I have and I assume so does the enemy unless they have a lot of it.
    Blocking shouldn't be the only option and in no way am I saying that if you have LOS them roll dodging should cancel it.

Just if they roll behind.
    More likely they close on you anyway and then either they stand their blocking or go to town while your channeling.
    If a dk leaps over me or rushes to another target, SA shouldn't follow them if I looking away. more my point.

I'm suggesting a nerf to ability I like to use so silly me but it would still be useful without the corny

Edited by Goshua on April 27, 2017 11:26PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bash them or use an interrupt like one of the poison arrow morphs or crushing shock, or charge them with toppling charge, or the Templar charge that interrupts, stun them with any number of CCs, every class has one on demand or block.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bash them or use an interrupt like one of the poison arrow morphs or crushing shock, or charge them with toppling charge, or the Templar charge that interrupts, stun them with any number of CCs, every class has one on demand or block.

You gotta follow the patch notes before commenting mate. You can neither interrupt nor stun someone while they cast soul assault.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they can fix the LoS issues. It's not just channels. Snipes will travel 45 degree angles and through walls. It feels like once there's a target lock, checking where the target actually is happens only every so often.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was this patched on consoles? Homestead?

I have a video of me interrupting two people trying to burn me down with it from back in February on PS4.

Makes sense. Was dueling someone and thought I was just lagging cause I couldn't interrupt it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

You gotta follow the patch notes before commenting mate. You can neither interrupt nor stun someone while they cast soul assault.

He wouldn´t know.

His signature move is spamming nightblade finisher on 100% health targets out of his 24 man blob.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its good as is, its taken repeated buffs to even become usefull.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only difference is that I don't think you can interrupt soul assault.
    Ankael07 wrote: »

Nes for you: that´s just the way it´s supposed to be. but as a matter of fact: you are able to cleanse soul assault with alliance war skill PURGE. this seems to be a bug but soul assault is purgeable with this skill

- First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an ultimate soul assault should be slightly more effective.

Make it a charge and shot of one damage rather than a channel, so people can still line of sight or dodge it but they need to pay attention.

Also we can all yell HARDUKEN! really loud on voice comms when we fire it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main issue with soulassault is:

40% of the people instantly begin to dodge multiple times when i use it.
    40% still try to bash me when i use it.
    5% are stamplar stamdk in medium not utilizing a sword and board bar and just die.
    15% are none of the beforementioned and know how to render it completely useless.

What i want to say is: If you´re not a medium armor user that is Templar or DK soulassault is a l2p issue. Especially on nightblades.
    Edited by Derra on April 28, 2017 8:27AM
    <Noricum>

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

5% are stamplar stamdk in medium not utilizing a sword and board bar and just die.
    15% are none of the beforementioned and know how to render it completely useless.

What i want to say is: If you´re not a medium armor user that is Templar or DK soulassault is a l2p issue. Especially on nightblades.

I think even the medium armor templars and DKs should have no problem outputting more damage on an unblocking target than the soul assault does during it's channel time(especially if they also use an ultimate), making it a net loss for the soul assault caster.
  • xjdc1985x
    xjdc1985x
    Soul Shriven
    Sounds like someone got smoked by the easiest ult in the game to avoid
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    xjdc1985x wrote: »
    Sounds like someone got smoked by the easiest ult in the game to avoid

Smells like you're missing the gist of the thread.

• Hankrabbit
    Hankrabbit
    ✭✭✭
    If you are a nightblade you can cloak it after 2 seconds. Just block and vigor until you can cloak it.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, thats very helpful for people who like playing medium armour 2h/bow DK or templar. :p
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭

this skill is completely useless until they fix the purge bug or you know how to choose your fights and only battle potatoes, right
    Edited by G0ku on April 28, 2017 11:11AM
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is so funny when I'm explaining again and again little nightblades how to counter SA.
    Edited by Ashamray on April 28, 2017 11:53AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

And logical. It looks very awkward beaming someone directly behind you while not even looking at them and still facing the opposite direction. This would be a fair change to all channeled beams.

You could say that about every attack. Root someone and hes autofacing you with e.g. surprise attack
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    G0ku wrote: »

this skill is completely useless until they fix the purge bug or you know how to choose your fights and only battle potatoes, right

Don't worry I made a video about it and healing ward not working properly and they are supposedly fixing soul Assault next update. It was in pts 3.0.0.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/328155/soul-assault-broken-with-video#latest
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

I think even the medium armor templars and DKs should have no problem outputting more damage on an unblocking target than the soul assault does during it's channel time(especially if they also use an ultimate), making it a net loss for the soul assault caster.

To be fair - when i soulassault someone they have entropy, 2x burning, curse and mages wrath on them and most likely eaten a blocked fragment or are in the process of cc breaking/dodging and i´m standing comfortably in a circle of mines.
    Soulassault alone has a tooltip of ~95k dmg.
    It does hurt a lot on anyone not wearing heavy.
    <Noricum>

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't soul assault slow the player while taking all that damage? Make it so you can bash them, they are already ranged using it...plus they can block and stop the ult(I think) to react throughout a fight. Soul assault in no cp sounds like a goooood thing.
    The Flyers