The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Feedback Thread for Class Balance

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GiuEliN0 wrote: »
    Zuboko wrote: »
    With all of the changes to sustain I am rather concerned about how this will affect our ability to get through things like the Maelstrom Arena.
    Also it seems that with the way things currently are (and I fear this will become worse with the new changes) that you need the gear you get from completing the Maelstrom Arena and Veteran level dungeons to be able to successfully complete them which says that something is seriously out of balance and that something looks like it is only going to become worse with the new changes.

I hope I am wrong. I have not managed to get through a single Veteran level dungeon, and after several hundred hours of game play finally worked up the courage to try for the Maelstrom Arena only to find I had a class that is considered the hardest one to take through the Maelstrom Arena (Stamina Nightblade) and did not have anywhere near the proper equipment.

After digging into several online guides I found that the Magica Sorcerer is the best one to take through the Maelstrom Arena and even found a guide on how to build your character. I could not find a single guide to get help on how to get a Stamina Nightblade through the Maelstrom Arena.

To make matters worse every single guide requires you to get gear from dungeons that I am still trying to get the gear for to be able to successfully navigate through without the need to feel like I am the one holding the whole party back.

Yes I know that if I take the time to grind out enough money I can get some of the gear I need from guild stores, I want to get it myself. I want to have the thrill of taking my character from zero to hero and say that I got there on my own. Perhaps instead of nerfing any classes you should consider powering up a few.

Also it seems that there is an imbalance between how stamina and magica are used in the game.

I am deeply saddened that I had to abandon my Stamina Nightblade bow build for a sorcerer in hopes of getting the gear I need to advance farther in the game and I hope to see one day changes made so that does not have to happen.

for how it is in LIVE the vMA with a stamblade could be very rewarding... You have a big giant learning curve... but after u struggle with it enough, really its awesome! But...
    tried it with the last patch notes in pts.... i don't know how is going for other classes... I only know that the time i have already passed there seems irrilevant(and i know it enough, cause i'm farming it everyday)
    But don't give up with the stamblade, atleast wait for Morrowind U.U

@GiuEliN0 That's good to hear! Really what I am trying right now is to use my Sorcerer to get the gear I need to better run with my Nightblade. I'll find out how that goes. I still expect a huge learning curve either way but that is a different story.
  • Merancapeman
    Merancapeman
    ✭✭
    Yeah, at least wait for Morrowind to give up your Stamblade, like me. Because nothing shouts "hope" more than watching an already dead class also get less stamina sustainability.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class Balance... whats the point any more there is not even any progression in MW no new class skill or world skills - other than warden line- and not every one will make one no new system like weapon dye and spell crafting or appearance tab or house storage / house items that can store more than 1 build nothing ! are characters are suppose to be moving forward not backwards with all the nerfs but sure do like giving the edge for the warden wish my dark flare could cast that fast...
    Balance HAHAHA

Honestly i will just play the mw story then stop playing and hope they change all this bs
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, at least wait for Morrowind to give up your Stamblade, like me. Because nothing shouts "hope" more than watching an already dead class also get less stamina sustainability.

@Merancapeman I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post ... just a hint though.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the changes to skill line unlocking. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • In general, what are your thoughts on the class balance in this update?
    • How long did it take you to run out of resources? What did you do in this case?
    • Did you change your character/build in any way because of these changes? How so?

In general I do support most changes to the CP system. In general I feel ths system needs more reworking then actually done atm, but I do understand you refrain from completelly abandoning this system and changing it here and there a bit. In general i think all other changes, be it class or weapon, active or passive are too much to take in. We will face the normal and expected bugs and glitches when morrowind goes live. With all the things you changed I don't want to be the one that has to find the source of whatever will go wrong when the patch hits. I have the impression all these changes, as thoughtfull as they may have been just won't sum up to the expierience you want to give us, and frankly, its going to be a mess to be sorted out. Adding to it, in my initial tests I ran the same build I run in live. The loss in damage is for my current setup (no meta, not even a good setup, just something to mess around a bit) ~ 25-30%, on the other side I lost 1k health and 1k stamina from my ressource pools. So, for me the changes mean: I lost a fairly good amount of damage to fight an enemy that lost very little
    defence/health. Atm, I don't see that your goal has been reached... but quite the opposite effect.

I only tested questing till now. So the easiest content available. I didn't run out of ressources at any time, but due to loss in damage it did take me longer to kill mobs. This difference in time was noteable and not very much fun.

As stated before, for my inital tests I ran the same setup I run on live servers. Including CPs ... (i never used the reduction CPs - so that change doesn't affect me at all). I am not pleased with the changes. i know there are ways to build around, and i guess I have an idea how... but since I don't see that your goals (changes to sustain!) have been met with this PTS I am very much aware that more changes will come. So why bother an gear up now?
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Dawn's Wrath, Nova Ultimate

Since we have 2 unreliable morphs that have there uses only in PvE (sometimes), at least 1 morph of Nova should be changed to become more useful in quick combat.
    If you are a solo DPS Templar or a Templar in a PvP group, you would prefer to slot Meteor, Soul Assault or Eye of the Storm. If you are a PvP healer, you also would be interested in Spell Ward or Restoring Light's ultimate.
    You don't need Nova.
    I will be glad to see a strong (and cheaper than 250) sun-bursting flash that deals significant AoE damage and applies a blinding effect on targets.
    Edited by Ashamray on May 6, 2017 12:42PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, for the love of god, do not release Sorcs in their current state like this. They are so insanely dominate in PvP if put on an even playing field. You don't even have to directly nerf the class that much (Dark Exchange, Curse, and maybe Hardened Ward are the only direct class nerfs that need to happen).

But stuff that NEEDS to get nerfed is a lot of non-Sorc specific things that class abuses. Harness Magika resource return, Shield stacking, Lich Set, Pirate Skeleton, Bastion CP.. all of these things really need to get looked at. Shields in general just need a complete rework as they are just way too strong.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Templar

Dawn's Wrath, Nova Ultimate

Since we have 2 unreliable morphs that have there uses only in PvE (sometimes), at least 1 morph of Nova should be changed to become more useful in quick combat.
    If you are a solo DPS Templar or a Templar in a PvP group, you would prefer to slot Meteor, Soul Assault or Eye of the Storm. If you are a PvP healer, you also would be interested in Spell Ward or Restoring Light's ultimate.
    You don't need Nova.
    I will be glad to see a strong (and cheaper than 250) sun-bursting flash that deals significant AoE damage and applies a blinding effect on targets.

Wouldn't that be great? The only good use for Nova is leveling up that skill line a little bit faster. (And it's better than nothing before you get whatever world skill-line ultimate you're going to use.)

Templars have way too many useless and near-useless abilities. I think THEY think we're exaggerating when we say things like, "Seriously, nobody uses Healing Ritual. It's a waste of space."
    Edited by ofSunhold on May 6, 2017 10:44PM
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add Heavy Attack damage bonus to Igneous Weapons for StamDK

Prior to a round of nerfs early last year Stamina DK was able to use Molten Armaments to not only get the increased heavy attack damage but also further increased damage against low health targets. DK's were able to use this to make up for lacking a class execute but as usual ZoS felt it was unbalanced and they changed it so that Molten Armaments still gives a bonus to heavy attack damage but it then gives Major Sorcery something that lacks any value on a Stamina DK.

Now that we're going to be forced to rely heavily on heavy attacks for damage and sustain in Morrowind how about changing this skill to better benefit StaminaDK so that if nothing else one morph gives both Major Brutality and the increased heavy attack damage and the other giving Major Sorcery and heavy attack bonus. That way there is a DPS boost for both StamDK and MagDK which both lack class executes.

Stamina DK has took a number of hits in this patch and it would go a long ways to showing the community that ZoS is just not trying to completely destroy Stamina builds if they offered a couple of reversals or adjustments to prior changes now that endless sustain has been addressed.
    Edited by Twohothardware on May 7, 2017 2:53PM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Igneous Shields a Stamina morph due to Major Mending being removed

The only real benefit to Igneous Shields on a StamDK was having Major Mending and proc'ing Helping Hands because the shield itself is so small with it being Health based it's gone on the first hit you take if you're not playing as a Tank with a huge health pool. You said yourself ZoS that Dragonknights are suppose to remain the Tankier class, which that includes DD Dragonknights as well so give us a morph that scales off both max Stamina or Health depending on which is higher.

StamDK needs more Stamina based class skills when it lacks an Execute, is losing Major Mending, and is getting resource return from Helping Hands and Battle Roar nerfed. Stamina Dragonknight literally only has a total of 2 skills with Stamina morphs, Venomous Claw and Noxious Breathe, and they are both lower damage DoT's.

A Stamina based morph of Obsidian Shield and my other suggestion of changing Igneous Weapons to give Major Brutality and increased Heavy Attack damage would greatly help to balance the class out against the Morrowind meta which currently is going to be all StamSorc/MagSorc.
    Edited by Twohothardware on May 7, 2017 12:33AM
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change Elder Dragon from useless Health Regen to Major Heroism for 3/6 Seconds when casting a Draconic Power Ability.
    That would fit with the nerfs to Talons since theres no real reason to use Draconic Power Abilities more frequent. It would help Stamina and Magicka DK immensively to make up for ALL the losses we have to take this Patch and it would make the most useless class passive in the entire game USEFUL, we just need something to keep our heads up again, just something, just throw us ANY bone :(

(I do NOT want to be a tank!)
    PS: Also buff Whip and its morph by approximately 12% please :blush:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on May 8, 2017 9:51AM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change Elder Dragon from useless Health Regen to Major Heroism for 3/6 Seconds when casting a Draconic Power Ability.
    That would fit with the nerfs to Talons since theres no real reason to use Draconic Power Abilities more frequent. It would help Stamina and Magicka DK immensively to make up for ALL the losses we have to take this Patch and it would make the most useless class passive in the entire game USEFUL, we just need something to keep our heads up again, just something, just throw us ANY bone :(

ZoS to this post: Ahahaahahahahah sounds okay ahahahahaahah no here another dk nerf.

Now in all seriousness the major heroism change sounds awesome but I think whip is strong enough after the changes to it. I think a cost reduction for all dk abilities by 4% is more adequate
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

ZoS to this post: Ahahaahahahahah sounds okay ahahahahaahah no here another dk nerf.

Now in all seriousness the major heroism change sounds awesome but I think whip is strong enough after the changes to it. I think a cost reduction for all dk abilities by 4% is more adequate

I totally agree with the cost reduction, its very much needed when theres barely any skill left with less than 3500 Magicka cost :(
    I have another reasonable and well thought change for you:
    Rename "Reflective Plate" (Yes the morph that gives minor spell resistance and nobody uses it, if people use the skill at all...) to "Swift Plate" and give it Major Expedition for 4 Seconds, so people have to choose between Raw damage from Dragonfire Scales (35% more damage from the reflected projectile) OR Utility. Having this would improve the life of every DK out there, might make the skill even worth use again!

Please guys, you gotta throw SOMETHING at us :bawling:
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I totally agree with the cost reduction, its very much needed when theres barely any skill left with less than 3500 Magicka cost :(
    Rename "Reflective Plate" (Yes the morph that gives minor spell resistance and nobody uses it, if people use the skill at all...) to "Swift Plate" and give it Major Expedition for 4 Seconds, so people have to choose between Raw damage from Dragonfire Scales (35% more damage from the reflected projectile) OR Utility. Having this would improve the life of every DK out there, might make the skill even worth use again!

I really don't see the use for major expedition on a mag dk. How about:
    The wings no longer reflect projectiles but absorbs now 4 projectiles, everytime a projectile is absorbed, you get immune to snares and roots for 1 sec.
    This would help magdks lack of mobility and would make this skill better against more abilities which can't be reflected anymore.

Another possible change: The wings protect you from 3 direct damage abilities ( range or meele) reducing their damage dealt by 40%.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT
    That is way too similar to the overpowered Warden Major Heroism-Magicka-Restore-Soakup-Damage-Shield in my opinion, they surely want to reserve something like Absorb etc for the warden!
    Really hope we get some acknowledgement from ZOS that our stuff is being read atleast :3
    GUAR SQUAD OP

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭
    A suggestion for the nightblade that could make it viable and give it some flavour (and a meaningful choice between sustain and damage): rework the shade morphs.

Make it so that the morph with 2 shades has each triggering siphoning attacks on its hits, but each returns magicka/stamina at 10-25% of the tooltip. This could probably be applied to the base morph too.

For the ranger morph, completely remove its basic attacks (and maim), but make it copy-cast all magic & disease damage you inflict at 7/8/9/10% effectiveness (maybe higher, and maybe give it extra penetration on top of your own, because it's a shadow and all). Some more flavorful ideas for this: the shadow could stay where summoned and channel the damage as a magic/disease AOE in a ~6m radius.

At 30k dps and assuming all of this is magic/disease (it won't be), this would add at most 3k AOE DPS (it'd be on par with blockade/twisting path), but it'd feel unique and cool, and give nightblades a reason to use necropotence (which is currently nowhere near as good on a nightblade as it is on a sorcerer since the nightblade pet is so useless for damage). I feel like this would give nightblades a lot of flavor, and give them a choice between buffing sustain or DPS.
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    Class balance? Really? You dare use that word? 0.o

* Removing Major Mending from all classes except the expansion class, how is that balance? That's P2W.
    * Magsorc does about 25% dmg more then magDK and magplar. Not even talking about magblade...
    * The gap between stam and mag is ever increasing. You still won't see stambuilds in trial runs.
    * Stamplar realy needs some love
    * 'ESO has always been about fast paced combat...' How is heavy attacking fast paced combat?

Yes sustain needed to be addressed. Yes the Cp system needed to be addressed. Good job for finaly doing it. But changing so much at the same time makes it near impossible to see if and what works.
    Edited by Eas007 on May 9, 2017 7:41AM
    United we stand, divided we fall. Shields as one!
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eas007 wrote: »
    Class balance? Really? You dare use that word? 0.o

* Removing Major Mending from all classes except the expansion class, how is that balance? That's P2W.
    * Magsorc does about 25% dmg more then magDK and magplar. Not even talking about magblade...
    * The gap between stam and mag is ever increasing. You still won't see stambuilds in trial runs.
    * Stamplar realy needs some love
    * 'ESO has always been about fast paced combat...' How is heavy attacking fast paced combat?

Yes sustain needed to be addressed. Yes the Cp system needed to be addressed. Good job for finaly doing it. But changing so much at the same time makes it near impossible to see if and what works.

just to add, when only approximaely 1 in 10 players in the end game trial leaderboards are NB, leaving 30% (roughly) for each other class and they essentially remove sustain from NB, reduce it for Templar/DK and leave sorcs sustain the same, is that also good balance?

NB were reduced so much in PVP in an attempt to stop ganking, it has seriously damaged the ability of this class to perform in PVE. the price payed for significantly lower AE dps/being sub par healers & tanks was having good sustain. this has now been removed and we now get a skill we have to wait 20 seconds for before seeing less return a sorc sees in 1 second or around the same a DK can see in around 1 second. It would seem wardens get a better skill for zero cost also.

Removing the sustain has just removed the thing that was keeping NB's fun.

Edited by aeowulf on May 9, 2017 7:53AM
  • bodidharma99
    bodidharma99
    ✭✭
    If you want to upgrade stamblade in pve and not affect pvp u could just give us a stam version of twisted path...make refreshing path stam based
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine (who also play eso) described the issues with the Morrowind Changes like this (he´s working in Health care business):

"Imagine if I have a client that goes to me for treatmeant, I give him/her what I find adequate and then hope that I did the right thing and hope for a good outcome. Then the client goes to 10 other doctors and receives treatmeant from them as well, during the same period of time as I treat him/her. When the client gets back there´re a few things that can happen:

#1: The client can get worse, but there´s no way for me as a doctor to determain what´s the issue, was it my treameant or was it someone else´s treatmeant that caused the client to get worse.

#2: The client is unaffected, and the same reasoning as #1 is applied.

Now there´s a 3rd option: The client gets better. And now you might Think that all is good right? Wrong!
    Since I have no idea what made the client to get better (due to a lot of other treatmeants going on at the same time), I can´t evaluate what I did good/wrong and I´m no wiser when Another person comes with the same issue next time"

Same thing goes for ESO. When you try to change to many things at the same time, there´s no way (or at least very difficult) to evaluate what made the Changes good/bad/no difference, and the next time it´s time for a new patch you are at higher risk to repeat the same possible mistakes again.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to upgrade stamblade in pve and not affect pvp u could just give us a stam version of twisted path...make refreshing path stam based

Even this wouldn't make stamnb any good.
    They would have to change so many things that they would have to publish a whole patch only around fixing mag and stam nb pve and pvp.

The first things to make stamnb any good are:
    Change the other morph of crippling grasp to stam and let it restore stam when the enemy is killed
    Give mark target: minor stamina steal and major lifesteal restoring 300 stam and 1.5k health each sec
    Change restoring path to stam
    Grim focus is recasted when you activate the bow
    Mirage now guarantees a dodge every 2 sec for 1 attack for 8 second duration ( no dodge animation so only one skill is ignored)
    Master Assassin gives you flat 10% spell/wpn dmg increase in trials
    Executioner also restores stam

And poof Stamnb is in a great spot for both pve and is no longer an inferior stamsorc in pvp
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got around to really looking at the Warden as a healer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-bDrS1LAaM

Hahahaha :D You gave them ALL THE THINGS. Is this why you've worked so hard to depress templar healers? "Maybe just sit this one out, mmkay?"

So you have been listening, just saving up the nice things for the new kid. Gotcha.

Eh, I'm not even mad, but can you fix Eclipse now? Please? Make it silence, give sorcs anything at all to fear in Cyrodiil. And could you give Templars a class ult worth a damn since even our healing ult is now outclassed? That would be really kind of you. Thanks.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Tkap420
    Tkap420
    Lol all you guys are doing is complaining about this new patch...just simply complaining isn't going to get ZOS to do anything just laugh...why not toss some suggestions out there...
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tkap420 wrote: »
    Lol all you guys are doing is complaining about this new patch...just simply complaining isn't going to get ZOS to do anything just laugh...why not toss some suggestions out there...
    So I take it you're not much into reading?

Because there's thread, after thread, after post, after post; of Players crunching numbers, making spreadsheets, making alternate suggestions, gameplay videos, DPS/Healing changes videos, side-by-side comparison videos of Live v. PTS and showcasing the changes and how they're bad.

As a Community of Players, we've DONE our due diligence in regard to what this PTS is for.

But it's become apparent that ZOS is in full dismissal mode.

So after all of that, all they've left us with is rage, disappointment, and depression over what is going to happen to the game in a few, very short weeks.

But seriously, try actually reading next time before popping off at the mouth.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »

@Drdeath20

I care about stamina builds, and I'm not alone. I don't want to change my race, and doing so shouldn't be required to be effective at an entire class.

"Dude who cares about stamina builds."

Lol, dude who cares about build diversity amirite?

It's not really fair to complain about changing race costing money; we're lucky to even have the ability to do so, we shouldn't just be handed free race changes. I mean, race really doesn't have that large of an impact, but there is definitely some impact. I've been playing a melee magicka nightblade as a bosmer since launch, I know all about it. A lot of the issue surrounding race is that min/maxers believe that if you aren't 100% top tiered then it's impossible to compensate elsewhere, which is so wrong, and what's kind of funny is that in this context, those people are being racist, lol.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • bodidharma99
    bodidharma99
    ✭✭
    why did you give the warden a magicka based buff that gives major endurance and you change siphoning attacks to stam based. Morrowind is already preorder you dont need to kill my nb to make me buy morrowind
    Edited by bodidharma99 on May 10, 2017 7:44PM
  • Tulach
    Tulach
    ✭✭
    Still no changes to how block functions? Having block tick down every .25 seconds is absurd. Changes to CP and when they are applied have completed destroyed any type of block tank build. Block already prevents you from gaining resources while blocking. Together with the changes to resource management magicka based tank builds are all but gone.

A suggestion to combat perma block builds is not to increase the actual cost to block but to increase all other costs while blocking. This forces the person blocking to either block and take reduced damage for a time or to counter with dps or heals. This puts a huge penalty on doing both without destroying the ability of the Tank class to you know actually tank.

In practice a 1second lag spike (not uncommon at all) while blocking say a ground aoe could drain 8k plus stamina. Even with High cost into block cost reduction you are looking at thousands of stamina lost in such a short time. Tank builds should be able to block indefinite if they want to. But that should have a cost. That cost should be no dps and no heals. The current issue trying to be addressed is the ability to do both dps and massive heals while also blocking forever. Again block is not the problem its that you can do all those other things at the same time.
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    As a stamina nightblade I find myself out of resource shockingly fast on the PTS and in addition I find it incredibly hard to recover from a low resource pool. I'm using Leeching strikes to try to regain stamina but it's effect is extremely weak and doesn't feel like like it's helping at all. I switched up my build with hings like adding first 2 then 3 cost reduction glyphs instead of weapon damage and that still doesn't help a lot even though I'm wearing vicious ophidian which also has inbuilt stamina recovery mechanics. All this and switching to heavy attacks still has me running out o f resources and struggling to recover.

I don't mind the CP changes as I don't think that those are the cause of the problems but really it's the changes to the classes and abilities themselves.

All in all combat on the PTS feels extremely unsatisfying, slow and sluggish. I know you guys said ESO has always been about fast pace action and combat, but that's effectively gone. I really don't like the game anymore the way it is on PTS. it's not fun.
    Edited by Jeremiah87 on May 11, 2017 3:10PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

I really don't see the use for major expedition on a mag dk. How about:
    The wings no longer reflect projectiles but absorbs now 4 projectiles, everytime a projectile is absorbed, you get immune to snares and roots for 1 sec.
    This would help magdks lack of mobility and would make this skill better against more abilities which can't be reflected anymore.

Another possible change: The wings protect you from 3 direct damage abilities ( range or meele) reducing their damage dealt by 40%.

No need to change it and cause more issues. 1H and shield ultimate reflects ALL projectiles for an insane 6 seconds, and blocks everything without any cost for a 100 ultimate. Give it back to reflect all projectile for 4 seconds is fine, 85% of everything now can not be reflected, even crushing shock/force pulse. So when a DK is faced with a sorc, nothing can be reflected except a crystal fragment, so curve, force pulse, encase etc will snare/root/hit you and you have nothing to counter anything, yet Sorcs and streak even when rooted, despite it being an "immobilize".

There is a list of issues with mDKs, there are numerous threads on ideas how to balance this class out, but i fear we are beating a dead horse, since it only took Zenimax 18 months to fix a simple heal since they hit us with update 5 and imperial city + numerous nerfs at once.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Elevenstorm
    Elevenstorm
    ✭✭✭
    After Morrowind launch at least we will see an even split for the 4 classes in end game PvE. Should be even between Sorcs, DK's, Templars and Wardens. Or, it might be a 1/3 split between warden, dks, and sorcs.