The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Feedback Thread for Class Balance

• Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Warden has some troubles healing trial, cause his single target heal is damn weak. Templars looks a much better at least at the moment...
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light attacks online now might make a warden stam bow and just spam that only

If you are not watching eso live Light attacks will do more dmg that HA, HA is now just for regen really...
  • Arbitrator
    Arbitrator
    ✭✭✭
    Redesign Templars so they can be effective in ALL 3 roles. Goal of a tank is to protect teammates, not just survive.
  • MrGorv
    MrGorv
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please, do some changes to Repentance to make it a viable group skill again!
    Reasons here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343891/save-repentance/p1?new=1
    Gorven Savius | Stamina DK | Tamriel Hero | Covenant Lieutenant
    Gorvam Sathri | Magicka DK | Sun's Dusk Reaper
    Gorvand-al-Savia | Stamina Templar | Covenant Veteran
    Gorvean Saniar | Magicka Templar | Magnanimous
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of the second curse. It's just gimmick, doofy, and over the top. Why this was even added makes no sense. Sorcs weren't having any damage issues so why were they given a freebie?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the changes were tested out internally - something along the lines of trying to complete a half tough dungeon (Vet CoA2 maybe) with four 600cp sorcs, then four DK's, then four templars and then four NB's. Should give a very strong overview of each classes comparative strengths and weaknesses.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched your Eso Live episode where you talked about the upcoming changes in the PTS and live Morrowind edition.
    I keep hearing the words "DPS parses" intended as a way to measure how much a class needs to be buffed or adjusted.

Now, the players are fighting an everyday battle against the reluctance to balance these two aspects separately so I'm asking you to keep an eye open even for PvP unbalances.
    If you really want to stay on the unified game path, you shouldn't ignore one conspicuous part of your game.

In this matter, try to take a look on the DK, especially the magicka counterpart, from a PvP perspective and you'll notice that even if you've marginally cut down the costs of some abilities, they still heavily rely on layers of DoTs in order to put pressure, highly expensive mechanics ( most classes have two-three even four burst skills / combos ) that can be easily nullified by basically every class with a single skill.
    The offensive passives are outdated at least and the defensive ones won't cover for the fact a lot of magicka DKs have virtually lost one of the key components of their "stand your ground" style on top of the need they'll face to switch from being heavy armor fortresses to be light armor oriented.

Again, a lot of people is still trying to understand where do you want to take this class and how you think we're supposed to play it in order to apply pressure, to kill opponents, to survive and enjoy doing so.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Minaithelan
    Minaithelan
    ✭✭
    Hello, first time posting here, just got back to the game and so far I'm liking Morrowind, a lot. One thing still worries me though, has to do with healer itemization. Is the balance team ok regarding spell power cure? You guys have released amazing healing sets that simply can't be taken to trials because SPC is really that strong. I just read you changed Burning Spellweave because it was limiting builds for Magicka dps, and we Healers kind of have the same situation.
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    You guys have released amazing healing sets that simply can't be taken to trials because SPC is really that strong.

Which healing sets are you referring to?

"Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • Minaithelan
    Minaithelan
    ✭✭
    Pathfindr wrote: »
    You guys have released amazing healing sets that simply can't be taken to trials because SPC is really that strong.

Which healing sets are you referring to?

Combat Physician and Trinimac come to mind, maybe Prayer but the shield is so weak to be viable in trials. Inventor's guard, just released, is another set healers could use. But all of these still pale when you look at SPC+Worms or SPC+Healing mage (which is basically the "we already have SPC+Worm" version). There is also Twilight Remedy, but you STILL have to pair it with SPC. The others sets (Healer's, Light Speaker), although also attractive, provide a solo bonus and not a group bonus. I'm just saying that maybe by lowering SPC strength we may see things like Worm+CPhys or Twilight Remedy + Sanctuary. I guess Gossamer and Stendarr were designed for PvP because I cannot find a Trial use for them.

Of course, in a game where pve/pvp need to be as balanced as possible I guess balancing healing may be more complex than I think.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't disagree but the info is more suited to an 'item balance' thread.

It highlights a problem with all sets really, there will always be one that is best at x, or a combo of two that are best at y, be it dps, tanking or healing. the only real way to get round it is to have adaptive sets that somehow scale to the number of people not using them. Logistical nightmare :(
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that Nightblade's Siphoning attacks will not go back to how they were but the Grim focus change was a detriment in many ways. 5 attacks instead of 4 only increases DPS on a stupid dummy, in PvP is even more of a pain.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info