The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(NA) Real and fake 1vXer's and small man's

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Dyride wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Wanna know real 1vXers from fake ones? Just watch out for who can still pull it off next patch when its ten times harder and people can no longer be carried by extremely powerful and forgiving mechanics.

^ People been carried by their builds for too long.

That's just called "playing an MMO" tho. We are all nothing without good builds.

Lol no.

1) Do you not make tactical calls in group fights? Do you not use terrain, flank, bait, spread, or otherwise try to outplay your enemies, or do you just run straight at them and let your stats win alone?

2) Just as negate buffs, destro ult, and purge, rapids, and barrier nerfs narrowed the gap between your organized raids and pug zergs -- making you rage and your guild temporarily stop running groups, I will add -- heavy armor buffs, proc sets, Pirate Skeleton, Troll King, and CP stat inflation narrowed the gap between more skilled individuals and small groups and less skilled ones. I've raged plenty at that stuff.

Maybe large scalers are out of touch with the state of the game off crown? :trollface:

Misrepresenting much?

Are you referring to our defense of support skills being useful to un grouped players and preserving kiting for small scale? You have a selective memory of the logical points people like Steve, Zheg and Joy argued.

Rapids/Purge nerf did more to change small scale kiting and un-grouped support than it changed groups that have enough people for support skills.

Nerfing sustain is going to hurt small-scale and soloers more than zergs and large group's yet again.

Easy mode is just going to be too zerg harder and rely on proc sets even more.

Good players will of course come up with creative ways to get around some of the new limitations.

You couldn't resist attempting to spread a snide falsehood though Kena.

VE took a break after rolling to AD and winning a hard fought campaign there. Nothing has stopped us from being successful either since returning.

The purge, barrier, and rapids nerfs affected ungrouped and large scale support only. That was the entire point of the nerfs... Organized small groups didn't even feel the changes.

Small groups don't have the luxury of using purely defensive ults like barrier, but it would still cover our group size just fine if we chose to... We lose a lot of killing power by using that, though. It's better to increase the group's survivability with buff sets like Transmutation and then use offensive ults.

We use purge only when fighting zergs or siege fire, but it still hits everyone in group too.

And we don't use dedicated healers, so the rapids nerf was easy to adapt to. We never really needed or used rapids often anyway, but one slotted on a sorc's overload bar is nice to have and still works fine.

And I think I'm talking about before your AD reroll, but I don't remember when exactly that happened in the timeline. Regardless, VE spearheaded the forum campaign against bombard and for reverting the rapids and purge nerfs for organized large scale play back when those changes went through, and then temporarily left for BDO. At least that's the narrative narrative we heard from you guys on the forums.

I still have PTSD from playing in the bombard meta. That was the worst, dumbest, least fun thing I've ever done in an MMO. Sometimes on quiet nights I can still hear the sounds of ESO combat, the endless twanging of bombard being spammed without end and without mercy. What a rotten time to roll my DK.

I clearly remember deciding to quit while being bogged down in a field outside ash, watching 50+ DC hovering around my group at bombard range, terrified to engage in close but utterly satisfied to twang at me for 15 or so minutes until we were exhausted for resources and completely unable to even move without mist form. The long retreat to the gate gave me much time for reflection. I even had an enemy group lead whisper me to apologize for what they were doing.

The moral of this sad story? I hate bow builds. And I can't watch Robin Hood without rooting for the Sherrif anymore. They ruined Errol Flynn for me! I smiled when the orcs ruined the elf army in the Hobbit. I sold my old v12 gold hundings memorial bow to a vendor.

.....and then yes, I buried my pain by playing FF14 and spearing things with a Dragoon. Fite me !

The Bombard era only existed because of the proxy bomb group era... Fortunately they both disappeared about the same time, though Bombard made the proxy bomb ball groups start fading before proxy was even nerfed.

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna know real 1vXers from fake ones? Just watch out for who can still pull it off next patch when its ten times harder and people can no longer be carried by extremely powerful and forgiving mechanics.

That's just called "playing an MMO" tho. We are all nothing without good builds.

Lol no.

1) Do you not make tactical calls in group fights? Do you not use terrain, flank, bait, spread, or otherwise try to outplay your enemies, or do you just run straight at them and let your stats win alone?

2) Just as negate buffs, destro ult, and purge, rapids, and barrier nerfs narrowed the gap between your organized raids and pug zergs -- making you rage and your guild temporarily stop running groups, I will add -- heavy armor buffs, proc sets, Pirate Skeleton, Troll King, and CP stat inflation narrowed the gap between more skilled individuals and small groups and less skilled ones. I've raged plenty at that stuff.

Maybe large scalers are out of touch with the state of the game off crown? :trollface:

Misrepresenting much?

Are you referring to our defense of support skills being useful to un grouped players and preserving kiting for small scale? You have a selective memory of the logical points people like Steve, Zheg and Joy argued.

Rapids/Purge nerf did more to change small scale kiting and un-grouped support than it changed groups that have enough people for support skills.

Nerfing sustain is going to hurt small-scale and soloers more than zergs and large group's yet again.

Good players will of course come up with creative ways to get around some of the new limitations.

VE took a break after rolling to AD and winning a hard fought campaign there. Nothing has stopped us from being successful either since returning.

The purge, barrier, and rapids nerfs affected ungrouped and large scale support only. That was the entire point of the nerfs... Organized small groups didn't even feel the changes.

Small groups don't have the luxury of using purely defensive ults like barrier, but it would still cover our group size just fine if we chose to... We lose a lot of killing power by using that, though. It's better to increase the group's survivability with buff sets like Transmutation and then use offensive ults.

We use purge only when fighting zergs or siege fire, but it still hits everyone in group too.

And we don't use dedicated healers, so the rapids nerf was easy to adapt to. We never really needed or used rapids often anyway, but one slotted on a sorc's overload bar is nice to have and still works fine.

And I think I'm talking about before your AD reroll, but I don't remember when exactly that happened in the timeline. Regardless, VE spearheaded the forum campaign against bombard and for reverting the rapids and purge nerfs for organized large scale play back when those changes went through, and then temporarily left for BDO. At least that's the narrative narrative we heard from you guys on the forums.

I still have PTSD from playing in the bombard meta. That was the worst, dumbest, least fun thing I've ever done in an MMO. Sometimes on quiet nights I can still hear the sounds of ESO combat, the endless twanging of bombard being spammed without end and without mercy. What a rotten time to roll my DK.

I clearly remember deciding to quit while being bogged down in a field outside ash, watching 50+ DC hovering around my group at bombard range, terrified to engage in close but utterly satisfied to twang at me for 15 or so minutes until we were exhausted for resources and completely unable to even move without mist form. The long retreat to the gate gave me much time for reflection. I even had an enemy group lead whisper me to apologize for what they were doing.

The moral of this sad story? I hate bow builds. And I can't watch Robin Hood without rooting for the Sherrif anymore. They ruined Errol Flynn for me! I smiled when the orcs ruined the elf army in the Hobbit. I sold my old v12 gold hundings memorial bow to a vendor.

.....and then yes, I buried my pain by playing FF14 and spearing things with a Dragoon. Fite me !

The Bombard era only existed because of the proxy bomb group era... Fortunately they both disappeared about the same time, though Bombard made the proxy bomb ball groups start fading before proxy was even nerfed.

More accurately, it existed because ZoS systemically went through and removed pretty much every viable counter a group had to it. The worst part is that even that wasn't enough to stop good groups: what stopped good groups was that the gameplay just wasn't fun. I never hated winning as much as I did in that patch. It was slow, painful and frustrating with large periods of time spent locked in place beneath unbreakable negates.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VE is zerging the 1vx/small man thread. :p
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is very different than it used to be.

"Real 1vX" is over due to a variety of changing gameplay mechanics over the course of years. I'm pretty sure 1vX completely died so to speak in One Tamriel which is why so many 1vXers conveniently disappeared or joined groups around that time (myself included).

In other words, no one really cares anymore if you 1vX or not due to the cheap means it requires to pull it off - Destro Ults, ganks, using disgustingly OP broken builds. It's also same for dueling as well, which most people don't care for anymore because the Tank+DPS+Healer builds with 1H/S are aids asf.

Actually playing the campaign is where's at now for the most part. Pushing Emp with you 8-12man group using great coordination versus zergs that severely outnumber you is the most fun I've had since One Tamriel. The hatred of the word "zerg" and "zerger" has also died down a lot from the days where 1vXing was the cool thing to do.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh what's the value of x?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Kram8ion wrote: »
    Huh what's the value of x?

it's the set value where 1 could have possibly won versus more than 1. If it's exceeded they were zerged and anyone engaging them is an xv1er.
    Edited by rfennell_ESO on April 24, 2017 6:39AM
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught a guy surfing my raid for 8 hours straight on Azuras Star spamming mutagen. I asked him what he was doing and he said "1vXing my way to emp< im solo atm.". fake 1vXers are everywhere!
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Makes fun of others for Zerging"

fact: all zerg all all the time.

End.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

"Real 1vX" is over due to a variety of changing gameplay mechanics over the course of years. I'm pretty sure 1vX completely died so to speak in One Tamriel which is why so many 1vXers conveniently disappeared or joined groups around that time (myself included).

In other words, no one really cares anymore if you 1vX or not due to the cheap means it requires to pull it off - Destro Ults, ganks, using disgustingly OP broken builds. It's also same for dueling as well, which most people don't care for anymore because the Tank+DPS+Healer builds with 1H/S are aids asf.

Actually playing the campaign is where's at now for the most part. Pushing Emp with you 8-12man group using great coordination versus zergs that severely outnumber you is the most fun I've had since One Tamriel. The hatred of the word "zerg" and "zerger" has also died down a lot from the days where 1vXing was the cool thing to do.

• Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Actually playing the campaign is where's at now for the most part. Pushing Emp with you 8-12man group using great coordination versus zergs that severely outnumber you is the most fun I've had since One Tamriel. The hatred of the word "zerg" and "zerger" has also died down a lot from the days where 1vXing was the cool thing to do."

Zerg against zerg.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Real 1VXer

Mostly fights by themselves in open fields or near resources
    Rarely if ever, do they faction Zerg.
    Have strong solo builds
    often fights outnumbered
    generally cares about good fights and AP hunts
    only place down siege when they have to.
    often uses meta builds or creates new meta builds."

I agree. but is hard find this situations. Many times someone intercept you or a group. Its part too. :) I believe that if we go in some regions and combine with other players, there is comos to make a good pvp 'solo'. I did this with friends days ago. Of course, I died in all :D
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also same for dueling as well, which most people don't care for anymore because the Tank+DPS+Healer builds with 1H/S are aids asf.
    because the Tank+DPS+Healer builds with 1H/S are aids asf.
    Tank+DPS+Healer

Vaoh, I ran into 2 blues yesterday. One reactive templar argonian healer, another a StamDK, soon followed by a StamNB and Sorc.

The fight was originally just me and 3 other guys.

Which turned into 7 guys

Which turned into 10 guys

And they finally died when a bomber came in and wiped all 4.

It was in that moment, I said '[snip] it, slapping some gear and getting on my bomb blade'.

1 hour later, I bombed half a zerg and defended a keep with a 12 man group. 1.0
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say that in my opinion, all play styles are valid. People are very welcome to play however they want in my book as long as they're not insulting people or being arrogant.

Run a troll build and run around trees and annoy the *** out of me - run in a giant Zerg and roll the entire map, I don't care - just be friendly and respectful towards other players.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep

All about the waves now. Just ride the waves.

18qpyy.jpg
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I just zerg surf to get a rez when I die. It's not fun going halfway across the map alone just to get ganked and bagged while you take the resource. But also I am bad so your experiences may vary.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fake 1vXer
    Often uses cookie cutter youtube builds

Real 1VXer
    often uses meta builds or creates new meta builds.

Real Small man

The "meta" builds ARE the cookie cutter youtube builds.

The ones out there coming up with more interesting stuff are always testing some off the wall crazy ideas like Jack and Supermad. Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails horribly, but that is how you test them.

Not really... in the guild I'm in we theory craft our own group builds, none of which are on youtube and they outperform any youtube meta builds and we keep them somewhat secret. It's a contributing factor to why our groups are strong.

That's the point - those who enjoy coming up with original build ideas are not blindly copying the popular meta builds, but instead spend a lot of time testing different concepts and sometimes fail, adjust, keep tweaking.

Certain builds work very well, but are extremely common - anyone who simply copies a build like this is missing out a bit on the fun of theorycrafting. Compared to PVE it seems there is more potential for interesting builds in PVP, even concepts others haven't tried yet.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on April 24, 2017 6:58PM
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    Honestly I just zerg surf to get a rez when I die. It's not fun going halfway across the map alone just to get ganked and bagged while you take the resource. But also I am bad so your experiences may vary.

Sometimes it is impossible not to commit "zerg" against other players, especially big battles as we see in Nikel and Bleakers (TF). I try to avoid to the maximum, if I see many running towards a player, I retreat.

----

About heal (DK) what u suggest?
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fake 1vXer

Real 1VXer

Real Small man

The ones out there coming up with more interesting stuff are always testing some off the wall crazy ideas like Jack and Supermad. Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails horribly, but that is how you test them.

Not really... in the guild I'm in we theory craft our own group builds, none of which are on youtube and they outperform any youtube meta builds and we keep them somewhat secret. It's a contributing factor to why our groups are strong.

That's the point - those who enjoy coming up with original build ideas are not blindly copying the popular meta builds, but instead spend a lot of time testing different concepts and sometimes fail, adjust, keep tweaking.

Certain builds work very well, but are extremely common - anyone who simply copies a build like this is missing out a bit on the fun of theorycrafting. Compared to PVE it seems there is more potential for interesting builds in PVP, even concepts others haven't tried yet.

Groups builds are much different than what would be on youtube. I generally havent put all of my healers, or DPS players builds out there. Some of them are. My support build is - Ive seen it adopted by quite a fair amount of AD players as well.

Most of the builds you see on youtube perform in their own isolated environment. Stalkers builds dont outperform 'youtube meta builds' on their own. Because those builds are meant to work on their own.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Fake 1vXer

Real 1VXer

Real Small man

Groups builds are much different than what would be on youtube. I generally havent put all of my healers, or DPS players builds out there. Some of them are. My support build is - Ive seen it adopted by quite a fair amount of AD players as well.

Most of the builds you see on youtube perform in their own isolated environment. Stalkers builds dont outperform 'youtube meta builds' on their own. Because those builds are meant to work on their own.

Agree!
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing the campaign would be fun if:

1. Rewards were worthwhile. They're complete garbage for the amount of work you put in and most likely still will be next patch.

2. Morning/night capping didn't exist. PC EU TF for example: AD morning cap until prime time when DC dominate until midnight where EP night cap. AD win the campaign by a huge margin, and EP/DC compete for #2 lol. AD has won the last god knows how many campaigns. Not sure what it's like on PC NA, but that's the situation over here.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What about people who continue to 1vX without Pirate Skeleton, destro ult, stealth mechanics of any kind, Troll King, blah blah? Or a 4 man fighting 2-3x their numbers using the same great coordination? It's the solo and small (like actually small...6 is not small) groups that get all the hate these days just because we don't like to left click at walls. :(:(
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »

Skittles I has a miss u.

Lol no.

Misrepresenting much?

Ah! Then I have my narrative (slightly) wrong. I too have nightmares of that period, although I spent most of it avoiding fighting groups of most kinds and any AD with a bow. :trollface:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt bad yesterday on azuras star, yesterday we had over 40 plus pugs surfing my group. I knew almost all of them were either fake small mans or fake 1vXers because of the lack of siege. I then placed a Ram on both front doors and yelled 'USE THE RAM". i did this even though the AD had atleast 10 oil pots pouring on the ram. All the pugs and templars not running a purge died to the oil. I placed a camp not to arouse suspicion. finnally when the front inner door was open i called "3....2'....1 CHARGE! i charged with the all the Pugs then and all of the zerg surfing pugs died in matter of seconds. so to the readers of this post i have a question, Was i wrong for doing this or were the PuGs wrong for just zerg surfing and not placing down siege? please tell me how yall feel.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt bad yesterday on azuras star, yesterday we had over 40 plus pugs surfing my group. I knew almost all of them were either fake small mans or fake 1vXers because of the lack of siege. I then placed a Ram on both front doors and yelled 'USE THE RAM". i did this even though the AD had atleast 10 oil pots pouring on the ram. All the pugs and templars not running a purge died to the oil. I placed a camp not to arouse suspicion. finnally when the front inner door was open i called "3....2'....1 CHARGE! i charged with the all the Pugs then and all of the zerg surfing pugs died in matter of seconds. so to the readers of this post i have a question, Was i wrong for doing this or were the PuGs wrong for just zerg surfing and not placing down siege? please tell me how yall feel.

I dont even understand what you are saying here. How can they be 1vXing as a group. Playing ungrouped is not 1vXing. I think YOU are confusing this concept, not the pugs. In reality, its just knowing how to fight in a keep ungrouped. The pugs took a risk on a push and it didnt pay off, but fundamentally they did the right thing. Now they know "if i charge the oils i die."

Real 1vX has not really been a thing for a long time. Real 1vX involved using strategy to dismantle a group because every player had fundamental vulnerabilities and the capacity to maneuver tactically in a meaningful way.

Now it is largely reduced to surprise attacks and bombs, which are minimally effective against any player with even a bit of experience (on cp servers anyway), and is pretty much just tanking until you die and dropping any squishy players you can along the way. Not really 1vX, thats just playing the numbers. The concept shifted to just beating up on players who didnt conform to a median meta, which was never what it was originally about. It was about playing to greatness through intelligent play.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 25, 2017 5:10PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would quickly like to explain the main differences between Real and fake 1vXer's and small man's.

Fake 1vXer
    plays solo but they mainly fight near friendly zergs
    . Looks no different from other players that are in the zerg
    Always faction zerging, using single target ults on players already getting zerged to get the KB
    Never places siege, waits for others to siege. often stays in stealth in a live siege line
    often have high burst/ high damage builds, doesnt not need much sustain because of the zerg safety net.
    always has Pug support.
    also cares about AP, but will complain if the map is an off faction color or lack of an organized siege offensive.
    will log on another factions if their is not a zerg to sustain them.
    Makes fun of others for Zerging.
    Never places camps.

Real 1VXer
    Mostly fights by themselves in open fields or near resources
    Rarely if ever, do they faction Zerg.
    Have strong solo builds
    often fights outnumbered
    generally cares about good fights and AP hunts
    only place down siege when they have to.

Fake small man
    plays with 4-8 others but only really plays in faction zergs.
    cant really tell them apart from the Zerg unless you know them.
    Does not siege and cannot take a keep by themselves, waits for others to siege.
    Zergs with other small mans.
    Will zerg guilds with faction and claim credit for wiping them
    will run Healing springs for getting ap when healing the zergs
    Mostly fake 1vXers.
    will never admit to zerging.

Real Small man
    Sieges and takes objectives
    Runs good group builds, uses snares, AOE's, Debuffs, ulti dumps,etc and can kill larger groups if done right.
    self sufficient and can survive, does not need a zerg to get ap.
    runs no more than 4-6 people.
    Only really zergs when taking important keeps or defending
    usually are followed by lots of pugs when near friendly keeps. they often dont like when this happens.
    Enjoys being outnumbered.

Please tell me if you feel this is an accurate rep. of cyrodiil groups and player behavior. :) thank you!

Sorry but what a joke. I don't think a single player in this game can say they have not stood next to a zerg from time to time. Look at players like Enzo, Miat, Fengrush, and many others that basically zerg surf all day long.
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    About heal (DK) what u suggest?

Rally and vigor

• Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skittles I has a miss u.

i r is mised <3

• Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    /sitchair
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

I dont even understand what you are saying here. How can they be 1vXing as a group. Playing ungrouped is not 1vXing. I think YOU are confusing this concept, not the pugs. In reality, its just knowing how to fight in a keep ungrouped. The pugs took a risk on a push and it didnt pay off, but fundamentally they did the right thing. Now they know "if i charge the oils i die."

Real 1vX has not really been a thing for a long time. Real 1vX involved using strategy to dismantle a group because every player had fundamental vulnerabilities and the capacity to maneuver tactically in a meaningful way.

Now it is largely reduced to surprise attacks and bombs, which are minimally effective against any player with even a bit of experience (on cp servers anyway), and is pretty much just tanking until you die and dropping any squishy players you can along the way. Not really 1vX, thats just playing the numbers. The concept shifted to just beating up on players who didnt conform to a median meta, which was never what it was originally about. It was about playing to greatness through intelligent play.

interesting, thank you
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vaoh You summed up my thoughts pretty well... doesn't stop me from getting hate messages playing my stamina nightblade from the newer player base that still think 1vX/Dueling is cool. I think its funny how everyone transitioned to trying to win the campaign compared to back when farming was all anyone every did.
    PS4 NA DC