The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(NA) Real and fake 1vXer's and small man's

Prince_of_all_Pugs
Prince_of_all_Pugs
✭✭✭✭✭
I would quickly like to explain the main differences between Real and fake 1vXer's and small man's.

Fake 1vXer
plays solo but they mainly fight near friendly zergs
. Looks no different from other players that are in the zerg
Always faction zerging, using single target ults on players already getting zerged to get the KB
Never places siege, waits for others to siege. often stays in stealth in a live siege line
often have high burst/ high damage builds, doesnt not need much sustain because of the zerg safety net.
always has Pug support.
also cares about AP, but will complain if the map is an off faction color or lack of an organized siege offensive.
will log on another factions if their is not a zerg to sustain them.
Makes fun of others for Zerging.
Never places camps.
Often uses cookie cutter youtube builds

Real 1VXer
Mostly fights by themselves in open fields or near resources
Rarely if ever, do they faction Zerg.
Have strong solo builds
often fights outnumbered
generally cares about good fights and AP hunts
only place down siege when they have to.
often uses meta builds or creates new meta builds.

Fake small man
plays with 4-8 others but only really plays in faction zergs.
cant really tell them apart from the Zerg unless you know them.
Does not siege and cannot take a keep by themselves, waits for others to siege.
Zergs with other small mans.
Will zerg guilds with faction and claim credit for wiping them
will run Healing springs for getting ap when healing the zergs
Mostly fake 1vXers.
will never admit to zerging.

Real Small man
Sieges and takes objectives
Runs good group builds, uses snares, AOE's, Debuffs, ulti dumps,etc and can kill larger groups if done right.
self sufficient and can survive, does not need a zerg to get ap.
runs no more than 4-6 people.
Only really zergs when taking important keeps or defending
usually are followed by lots of pugs when near friendly keeps. they often dont like when this happens.
Enjoys being outnumbered.

Please tell me if you feel this is an accurate rep. of cyrodiil groups and player behavior. :) thank you!

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would quickly like to explain the main differences between Real and fake 1vXer's and small man's.

Fake 1vXer
    Always faction zerging, using single target ults on players already getting zerged to get the KB
    Never places siege, waits for others to siege. often stays in stealth in a live siege line
    often have high burst/ high damage builds, doesnt not need much sustain because of the zerg safety net.
    always has Pug support.
    also cares about AP, but will complain if the map is an off faction color or lack of an organized siege offensive.
    Never places camps.

Real 1VXer
    Have strong solo builds
    often fights outnumbered

Fake small man
    Mostly fake 1vXers.

Real Small man
    Runs good group builds, uses snares, AOE's, Debuffs, ulti dumps,etc and can kill larger groups if done right.
    usually are followed by lots of pugs when near friendly keeps. they often dont like when this happens.

Please tell me if you feel this is an accurate rep. of cyrodiil groups and player behavior. :) thank you!

If this is on CP, it's all fake.

It's like saying you can out run Lance Armstrong in a high-ego street race set in an open mall parking lot but you're driving a car with solar panels.

Just play the game; everyone will be enjoying it better if your other hand is holding a beer/drink instead of worrying about which 1vX status your toon is in lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake 1vXer
    always has Pug support.
    Never places camps.

Real 1VXer
    Have strong solo builds
    often fights outnumbered

Fake small man
    Mostly fake 1vXers.

Real Small man

Nobody Cares.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure. I have gotten to the point where I do not really care anymore, I just go out and look for fights. I help my faction and if someone is going for emp for the first time why not help em(I wont join group but I will be around)? At the end of the day if you play open world pvp at its purest form just enjoying and can 1vX with ease, jump off keeps and wait for them to jump off to kill instant+fall damage and all the cool tricks and maneuvers. I have not switched to heavy yet and I am still enjoying myself, not as much as thieves guilds patch but with this infused masters bow anything is possible....>=) Categorizing things can give pointers and these are accurate but I think we can both agree that the best of the best just rely on field experience and instincts. I know a fella who got emp with 5 tavas 5 vampire lord and 2 blood spawn lol. Compare that to me getting emp with 5 eternal hunt 2 bs 3 agility masters bow and a 2h. Meta builds are not always go to for some. Generally yes though. +1.
    The Flyers
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares?

Try-hards or casuals. Just play the dang game.

PvP is almost always a Zerg wave - 1vXing is actually a terrible strategy anyway and not all characters/builds can do so.

Basically you're saying only good players adhere to meta but fight outnumbered?

I actually feel bad you thought enough about this to post it.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares?

Try-hards or casuals. Just play the dang game.

PvP is almost always a Zerg wave - 1vXing is actually a terrible strategy anyway and not all characters/builds can do so.

Basically you're saying only good players adhere to meta but fight outnumbered?

I actually feel bad you thought enough about this to post it.

:'(
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a change in PVP over the last three years in my opinion . It seems to be more impressive to others if you participate in the actual campaigns in Cyrodiil then just show off personal ability . If you are someone that requires validation and or impressing others . The 1 v X crowd seems more twitch and YouTube centric . In the actual game people generally like to win battles . An very few of the good raid and small group players care what someone else thinks of their playstyle as long as they are effective .
  • Miruku
    Miruku
    ✭✭✭
    Top kek
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing you made this post! Now I can safely spot a fake 1vXer without being wrong and slandering him.

Next step in this movement is to create the 'Fake 1vXer awareness day'.
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty accurate tbh
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mait can we please have a fake 1vXer tracker?
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wot if you're a fake 1vXer but fully admit being a zergling?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But how do I tell the difference between a real zerger and a fake zerger?
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    But how do I tell the difference between a real zerger and a fake zerger?
    LFG BOSS
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    donJay wrote: »
    Pretty accurate tbh

Yeah, I actually agree with most of it. I used to truly play solo, but I'm not afraid to admit 99% of what I now do is zerg surfing. I usually play a support build to help my random teammates, even.

Many players who used to PVP hardcore are now casual and just want to have some fun.

There's no shame in surfing. It's what almost everyone does, but almost no one admits to.

Edited by zyk on April 17, 2017 7:10PM
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alt+f4 and it doesn't matter
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A real 1vX'er jumps a lot and spams buffs. That's how I spot them.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well there was 2 different types of Zergs, guild zergs and factions zergs, ill cover that later.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True Heroes of Cyrodil

- Use zone chat to report enemy movements, coordinate groups and create a positive atmosphere with words of solidarity
    - Respond to calls for help from other individuals and groups in there faction
    - Lead groups and finds ways to help train and support new players
    - Are not overly concerned with AP/gain per hour, even if they enjoy AP farming. Maybe they are not obsessed with winning a campaign but at least they try to make decisions that will have a positive impact for their faction
    - Do not go out of their way to insult individuals or groups, or prove that they are better than others. They earn respect through their deeds of heroism.
    Edited by Celas_Dranacea on April 17, 2017 7:25PM
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's go zerging now, everybody's learning how...
    tumblr_inline_mn4nzuCYxq1qz4rgp.gif
    ooops, sorry - no time to rezz...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 17, 2017 7:25PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True Heroes of Cyrodil

- Use zone chat to report enemy movements, coordinate groups and create a positive atmosphere with words of solidarity
    - Respond to calls for help from other individuals and groups in there faction
    - Lead groups and finds ways to help train and support new players
    - Are not overly concerned with AP/gain per hour, even if they enjoy AP farming. Maybe they are not obsessed with winning a campaign but at least they try to make decisions that will have a positive impact for their faction
    - Do not go out of their way to insult individuals or groups, or prove that they are better than others. They earn respect through their deeds of heroism.

very true. that attitude is super rare though.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you siege?
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. rfennell_ESO
      rfennell_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Fake 1vXer
      always has Pug support.
      Never places camps.

Real 1VXer
      Have strong solo builds
      often fights outnumbered

Fake small man
      Mostly fake 1vXers.

Real Small man

Main problem with this hypothesis is you fail to mention one thing: most "real" small mans/1vxer are, at times, fake as well. There is really no way around it...

Sure there are soloers and small groups that do nothing but zerg surf, but it's not always their intent to surf zergs... the zerg just follows crossed swords.

Point being, you really can't call anything real due to the nature of AvA. Also, unless the groups or soloer in question is actually somehow aware of all activity on map... just going to crossed swords gets them labeled a fake.

Lastly, there is a totally different class of player you don't even touch on. Those that play the map: By that I mean those that defend and show up to assist offensively. If you see a resource lit and respond, there is no telling how many are taking it or how many of your faction will also respond. Even if you solo on TF, you see a coordination of groups... choosing which group to assist isn't "fake".

You can be a small group or 1vxer laying out bait and get no bites. In those cases, crossed swords on the map are your destination.

2. Prince_of_all_Pugs
      Prince_of_all_Pugs
      ✭✭✭✭✭

[/quote]

Main problem with this hypothesis is you fail to mention one thing: most "real" small mans/1vxer are, at times, fake as well. There is really no way around it...

Sure there are soloers and small groups that do nothing but zerg surf, but it's not always their intent to surf zergs... the zerg just follows crossed swords.

Point being, you really can't call anything real due to the nature of AvA. Also, unless the groups or soloer in question is actually somehow aware of all activity on map... just going to crossed swords gets them labeled a fake.

Lastly, there is a totally different class of player you don't even touch on. Those that play the map: By that I mean those that defend and show up to assist offensively. If you see a resource lit and respond, there is no telling how many are taking it or how many of your faction will also respond. Even if you solo on TF, you see a coordination of groups... choosing which group to assist isn't "fake".

You can be a small group or 1vxer laying out bait and get no bites. In those cases, crossed swords on the map are your destination.

[/quote]

interesting, i do feel however that most fake and real small man groups do play the map for ez ap. good point though.

3. Zander98
      Zander98
      ✭✭✭
      Sandman929 wrote: »
      A real 1vX'er jumps a lot and spams buffs. That's how I spot them.

This!

The real way to tell is the jumping. Always jumping. It's what to watch out for.
      Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
    4. Subversus
      Subversus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mait can we please have a fake 1vXer tracker?

Inb4 miat creates the addon and then proceeds to claim that he is actually balancing the game by creating more equal grounds for us to base our statements on. In his mind it is unfair that people are being called 1vXers when they are actually fake 1vXers so instead of waiting for balance patches he went ahead and took the law in his own hands!
    5. Potenza
      Potenza
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nothing is fake - everything everyone is doing is very real.
    6. THEDKEXPERIENCE
      THEDKEXPERIENCE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      There has been a change in PVP over the last three years in my opinion . It seems to be more impressive to others if you participate in the actual campaigns in Cyrodiil then just show off personal ability . If you are someone that requires validation and or impressing others . The 1 v X crowd seems more twitch and YouTube centric . In the actual game people generally like to win battles . An very few of the good raid and small group players care what someone else thinks of their playstyle as long as they are effective .

@Rohamad_Ali on point as usual.

What definition do I fit in? 50% of the time I'm completely solo generally focused on taking resources to help win the campaign. The other half the time I'm in a 24 man group because I've been asked to be. Not because I need protection.

I always carry 50+ seige with me. I went through 30 ballistas just last night.

I also always look for the most action which, as you would imagine, often involves getting into a Zerg fight.

I can and have 1 v X'd but I actively try not to because fighting outnumbered isn't an intelligent thing to do.

Am I a real player? Please let me know OP.
    7. SneaK
      SneaK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wut
      "IMO"
      Aldmeri Dominion
      Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
      (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    8. Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rohamad_Ali on point as usual.

What definition do I fit in? 50% of the time I'm completely solo generally focused on taking resources to help win the campaign. The other half the time I'm in a 24 man group because I've been asked to be. Not because I need protection.

I always carry 50+ seige with me. I went through 30 ballistas just last night.

I also always look for the most action which, as you would imagine, often involves getting into a Zerg fight.

I can and have 1 v X'd but I actively try not to because fighting outnumbered isn't an intelligent thing to do.

Am I a real player? Please let me know OP.

@THEDKEXPERIENCE

Sounds like a winning approach to me :+1: