The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I heard you liked your resource pools ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sick of Wrobel adding more cheese to balance his existing cheese. I have never disliked the decisions of a dev of a game I play more than his.

Edited by zyk on March 11, 2017 2:19AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But looks like another 30 CP cap increase as well.
    Diddling with the CP passives. smh
    I see a bad moon on the rise.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes nothing about blockbuilds? Check
    Changes bare anyting about heavy armor? Check
    Nerfs medium + light armor? Check
    Empowers Xv1? Check

Seems like a reasonable balance change at this point from zos :)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely terrible, recovery is already a very poor stat when you look at cost reduction.

This CP crap mean you will have permanent (cuz yeah, people make light attacks) recovery deduff.

Yesteday, I removed my atronach mundus stone and put a reduce cost glyph on ring.

I didn't know how good my choice was...
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Hm it's time for : Lich+amberplasm+2 monster set regen+3*jewel cost reduction
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zergs 4 teh win
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    No, high regen sets are a bad idea if your regen debuff is percentage based. Better use sets that are not affected by the debuff like Black Rose + Desert Rose.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, high regen sets are a bad idea if your regen debuff is percentage based. Better use sets that are not affected by the debuff like Black Rose + Desert Rose.

there is 35% of players who don't wear heavy armor :p
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

there is 35% of players who don't wear heavy armor :p

Cost reduction enchantments and dark deal will be a pretty safe choice in sorc.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygEoaTCEIjo
    Damn this cute netch skill.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably think spamming abilities is causing lag in Cyrodiil and this won't affect PVE; so it will just make everyone cast less as it turns into a light and heavy attack meta. I'm willing to bet, they nerf dark deal, constitution, and magic steal in some way as well. If not; I probably would roll a red guard sorc
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The person who originally took that photo had also commented in the original source that he could no longer find the cost reduction stars and that this is what it had been replaced with. That is the far bigger concern, IMO.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    Cost reduction and Recovery CP passives were dumb to begin with.

I remember back towards launch when recovery actually mattered as a stat. The game wasn't perfect but it wasn't the end of the world either, when you needed to spec recovery on Gear/Glyphs and actually sacrifice raw stats or damage to obtain it.

I say more power to ZOS for doing this, if the no CP week taught me anything it was that many players are snowflakes who use CP as a crutch to peddle weak builds. If those builds fail as a result of a handful of CP changes, who cares?

Real pvpers will adapt, move on, and be effective regardless of whatever passives CP gives.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuff like this is why I moved to Azura.

Focus on gear rather than stupid CP balance.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »

I remember back towards launch when recovery actually mattered as a stat. The game wasn't perfect but it wasn't the end of the world either, when you needed to spec recovery on Gear/Glyphs and actually sacrifice raw stats or damage to obtain it.

I say more power to ZOS for doing this, if the no CP week taught me anything it was that many players are snowflakes who use CP as a crutch to peddle weak builds. If those builds fail as a result of a handful of CP changes, who cares?

Real pvpers will adapt, move on, and be effective regardless of whatever passives CP gives.

You mean by avoiding CP. That's my plan and has pretty much been most the time since the system came out. But there are people who enjoy it and adapt or not; it will affect how much fun they have with it.

I also assume this balance won't happen in a bubble of only CP. Sort of how they introduced resource poisons and how that affects non cp.

Also; it is incredibly stupid how much light and heavy stacks can do. Just look at gankers any more. Heavy bow attack makes snipe basically only a fracture and bow range increase at a cost and interrupt is possible while heavy attack hits almost as hard for free and gives resources returns. Proc sets fire off light and heavy attacks doing a lot of free damage. Not only does this add to light and heavy attack; it makes abilities even less needed.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The person who originally took that photo had also commented in the original source that he could no longer find the cost reduction stars and that this is what it had been replaced with. That is the far bigger concern, IMO.

So, Warlord CP is changed too?
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us allocate the same amount of CP we do now. Continue to give us more CP every patch, but decrease the CP values by 25-50% across the board.

Ex: 100 points in Magician currently gives us 16% cost reduction. Decrease that value to 8-12% at 100 points.

The issue with the CP system is that the trees give far too much. Adding in or removing CP trees isn't the answer. Balance what we already have first.

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Siphoner a named debuff? Or does it stack? And if it stacks is it multiplicative or additive? Because any competent player weaves attacks, so if you are fighting 5v5, a stacking additive debuff would be mean 0% regen: i.e. whomever stacks the most damage and attacks first wins. Yeah, that sounds like fun. :/
    Edited by NBrookus on March 11, 2017 4:42PM
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man all those bow zerglings spamming light attacks will finally feel important!
    *cringe*
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Man all those bow zerglings spamming light attacks will finally feel important!
    *cringe*

Grim focus > Light attack spam > free hard hitting bow cast > repeat > Profit?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »

Agree with the sentiment but disagree with the weak builds comment. Very few builds are naturally weak - however, a lot of players do not know how to play their squishy, low regen builds appropriately without huge benefits of CP.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Ahzek wrote: »
    IF this is real its ***. Heavy armor already reigns supreme, punishing recovery builds ever further wont help armor balance at all.

It is direct buff for light and medium armors on cp campaigns.
    P.S.: no Magician but still there is Warlord?! lol.

Maybe they move the Maicka regen to the Attronach :neutral:
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Ahzek wrote: »
    IF this is real its ***. Heavy armor already reigns supreme, punishing recovery builds ever further wont help armor balance at all.

It is direct buff for light and medium armors on cp campaigns.
    P.S.: no Magician but still there is Warlord?! lol.

Maybe they move the Maicka regen to the Attronach :neutral:

Was thought of it too but
    code65536 wrote: »

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, a light Attack costing zero resources now can: proc two damage sets, poison, AND decrease enemies regen.

GG ZOS. GG.
    qft
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @ZOS_RichLambert. If you want to do something about regen and regen builds why not just lower the % increase that Acranist/Mooncalf give instead of introducing this horrendous passive that will only hurt everyone more than it will help. Why not tweak some of these class passives that give % amounts of regen for slotting abilities or simply unlocking the passives, why not lower some of the racial passives % increases to regen, etc.

Why is it always these cheesy new CP passives and other things that dumb down this already dumbed down PvP?
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear, that actually punishes light and medium armor way more then it does heavy armor, like way more. Heavy armor relies very little on regeneration to get resouces back, light and medium armor relies alot on regeneration to get it back.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool if anyone at zos would confirm this, and why they would empower heavy armor builds more since heavy armor is already topdog and has been for the last 6 months or so. Wierd eh @ZOS_GinaBruno

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Belly netch OP
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they ditched cost reduction for the 4/4/4 arenas to prevent permanent sustain/shield/blocking teams?