The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I heard you liked your resource pools ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately, we've got an online community that doesn't overreact based on limited information. I'll have to wait until I can see the full scope of whatever upcoming changes occur.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like its all planned - increase cost of skills, causing players to heavy attack to replenish, then provide more debilitating effects from said heavy attack. problem is: if everyone heavy attacks in long drawn out battles, and no resources can be regenerated due to said heavy attacks, then it turns into just a bunch of heavy attacks. until DK's build ulti and NBs just wont be affected due to siphon
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure where they go from here.

The CP system itself is unbalanced, and the itemization issue with One Tamriel just made it worse.

You shouldn;t be able to get every set in all armor pieces and jewels.

Lich is the best example of this, when it only came in in Light Armor, Jewels, and a Resto staff, it was balanced, but once they added Sword and Board to it, that gave us the Trollplar tank healer Templars everyone hates....its these kinda changes that are a much bigger part of the problem.

Im not sure how they deal with the itemization issue, but its every bit as much of a problem as CP is, maybe worse in some cases.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭
    Won't effect me. I die in 0.5 sec anyways
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a healer... I think I will quit. There's already a probably with templars getting only stamina support ablity... imagine now ... :open_mouth: this . 3000 hours as Sorrecer healer in... i am done

Warden would be the only choice... as healer and better pick high elf or you are screwed. These changes don't take in consideration of support team .

How about instead make more challenge puzzles, and add traps and make dugeons more dynamic. You can have monsters that need to be rooted or slowed down, traps that reduce magicka regain, or timed puzzles where enemies come out if not solved in time. Also ever look into jumping abilities...instead of taking why not give instead.

Population is looking already thin... but so many changes in a year. I saying this you can only take so much before we will give no more of our time. :'(

Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing the possible cp changes and the warden passives and base skills its obvious that certain classes without MAJOR buffs will simply not be competitive. The warden alone takes the best of every class and wraps it into one.

I understand the need for pushing for more Morrowind sales but how can you even begin to say Warden is balanced with all that it offers.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do quite alright with no CPs at all, so nothing they change to the system really concerns me too much. Worst case scenario I move to Azuras, which might ironically end up being the go to server for solo and small scale pvp if this siphoning BS stacks.

The only thing I'd like to stress to ZOS is to carefully consider the sources of their feedback, because too many people run their mouths on the forums and exaggerate issues without having enough perspective. For example, I bet people who are constantly talking about 'infinite resources' never stray too far from the herd and so don't know the kind of resource strain that comes with engaging multiple opponents while solo, on a non tank build.

Lots of people play your game for the solo and small scale potential that exists. Don't butcher that for us and force us into zerging. I for one would quit the moment zerging is the only viable playstyle, and I won't be the only one.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Morrowind fails to bring about balance then I place the blame squarely on that hair gel abusing elf Sypher! Why the f[snip] you think you went to ZOS HQ last month Sypher? A vacation? Because the good people of ZOS wanted your autograph and to take mother f[snip] selfies with you!!!?

NO!

ZOS humbly made the decision to bring in the "pros" so that the entire ESO community will benefit. Now everyone knows that all the EU guys or French Canadian guys that were brought in was more of a.... How should Scipio say it? More of a gesture of goodwill. Because many at ZOS could not understand what they were saying with their heavy accents. Deltia was brought in, but all he did was talk babies, formula, and diapers with the devs that have babies. FENGRUSH was brought in and indirectly mocked as a form of revenge for his criticisms in the past. on ESO Live they used a camera lens trick to make Sypher look like Andre the Giant next to FENGRUSH. THEY PLACED AN ELF HELMET UPON THE HEAD OF THE COVENANT LEGEND!!! It was tough for me to watch....

What I am saying is ZOS knows and Sypher knows that Mr. SypherPK was the main attraction! The goal was to get that Texan high elf to wake up that morning, apply the hair gel, jump on a plane, and get to ZOS HQ. ZOS wants to know what Sypher has to say about ESO, not to mention the top devs all have Sypher's # on speed dial.

IF BALANCE FAILS IN MORROWIND IT IS SYPHER THAT MUST SHOULDER THE RESPONSIBILITY!!!
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Morrowind fails to bring about balance then I place the blame squarely on that hair gel abusing elf Sypher! Why the f[snip] you think you went to ZOS HQ last month Sypher? A vacation? Because the good people of ZOS wanted your autograph and to take mother f[snip] selfies with you!!!?

NO!

ZOS humbly made the decision to bring in the "pros" so that the entire ESO community will benefit. Now everyone knows that all the EU guys or French Canadian guys that were brought in was more of a.... How should Scipio say it? More of a gesture of goodwill. Because many at ZOS could not understand what they were saying with their heavy accents. Deltia was brought in, but all he did was talk babies, formula, and diapers with the devs that have babies. FENGRUSH was brought in and indirectly mocked as a form of revenge for his criticisms in the past. on ESO Live they used a camera lens trick to make Sypher look like Andre the Giant next to FENGRUSH. THEY PLACED AN ELF HELMET UPON THE HEAD OF THE COVENANT LEGEND!!! It was tough for me to watch....

What I am saying is ZOS knows and Sypher knows that Mr. SypherPK was the main attraction! The goal was to get that Texan high elf to wake up that morning, apply the hair gel, jump on a plane, and get to ZOS HQ. ZOS wants to know what Sypher has to say about ESO, not to mention the top devs all have Sypher's # on speed dial.

IF BALANCE FAILS IN MORROWIND IT IS SYPHER THAT MUST SHOULDER THE RESPONSIBILITY!!!

Yikes

Edit: It might be mousse. Dirty elf mousse.
    Edited by Sandman929 on March 13, 2017 4:27PM
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hocq7Y-7rpnUrFm0zGYoe6z8AU-_evjX40ra4CwFYCI.jpg?w=509&s=5e9aed0446f89f129a8bdb2fb0036fe6

I swear to god,that siphoner cp skilline give me cancer. WE already have poisons, there is no need for a cp skilline that does exactly the same, not only that, but it's *** useless in pve.
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Therwind wrote: »
    Won't effect me. I die in 0.5 sec anyways

Have you tried using magicka to activate abilities?
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Hocq7Y-7rpnUrFm0zGYoe6z8AU-_evjX40ra4CwFYCI.jpg?w=509&s=5e9aed0446f89f129a8bdb2fb0036fe6

I swear to god,that siphoner cp skilline give me cancer. WE already have poisons, there is no need for a cp skilline that does exactly the same, not only that, but it's *** useless in pve.

I have always said resource management needs to become a bigger focus. Removing The cost reductions is good, BUT

im not a fan of that Siphoner thing shown there....removing Cost Reductions on its own would have been enough considering we have OP poisons.

This Siphon passive is just overkill if they are going to remove cost reductions.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I am in complete favor of lowering players regen capabilities. That was the best part of no-cp week - forcing people to actually think vs. spam abilities like crazy.

But this potential change to CP seems kinda dumb - why provide us w passive that increase regen and then other passives that cause you to lower it for other players?

Seems like more work for the servers to calculate when we might as well just lower potential regen across the board (if that is the intended goal) instead of introducing new fancy mechanics to the CP system.

Simplify.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    [...]
    For example, I bet people who are constantly talking about 'infinite resources' never stray too far from the herd and so don't know the kind of resource strain that comes with engaging multiple opponents while solo, on a non tank build.

[...]

You would be wrong about that. :p
    I've been running regen focused builds since launch for that exact reason, and I still very much dislike the inflated resources since 1.6 (though poisons are no better obviously).
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO!

Wow....
    Get a grip man.....
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    But our wise balance gods at zos don´t realise blocking is the problem - not regeneration.
    I can kill any reg build just fine.
    It´s blockbuilds which you can´t kill that make pvp unfun.

So this is a nerf mDK thread now?

I don't have strong shields, burst, mobility, the stam to be a dodge monkey or an execute to finish a player before they ward/heal/dodge/streak unless I have an ult up, which is also my primary source of sustain. And I have to eat extra damage as a vamp, because Mist Form is a requirement. How else does an mDK -- who already has zero build-in magicka cost reduction -- mitigate damage?

I think some people believe in the "tank meta" more than it actually exists. My templar running 11k resists and no reactive/Malubeth got accused of being a useless tank the other day because I could keep my team alive under what was fairly poor damage pressure.

Nor do we need to nerf PVE tanks, who pretty much HAVE to permablock in end game content, especially if -- as this suggests -- DPS numbers will come down and fights will be longer.

Why can't they just implement a guard break system where you can set a blockimg opponent off balamce or stun or some ***. Who knows, could be a fun morph for snipe. That was a neat feature im the souls series. Idk, just my .02
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Why can't they just implement a guard break system where you can set a blockimg opponent off balamce or stun or some ***. Who knows, could be a fun morph for snipe. That was a neat feature im the souls series. Idk, just my .02

Well in previous TES games, a heavy attack would break block and stagger the person blocking. (Oblivion and Skyrim), why ESO goes against this grain i have no idea.

if Heavy Attacks broke block and staggered the blocker, that would be good. Return bash interrupting heavy attacks while your at it.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the comments on impact to DW. It's been nerfed, nerfed amd nerfed again and this really could end it lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    @zos this is garbage. I will leave. Yes they can have my stuff but you will NOT.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO!

I read they were adding Syphers hair to the crown store in June.
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO!

Not sure if serious or trolling.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZombieZig wrote: »
    @zos this is garbage. I will leave. Yes they can have my stuff but you will NOT.
    Let's just move to Azuras. Depending how Siphoning stacks, you might actually have more sustain without CP.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

NO!

Not sure if serious or trolling.

They have his # on speed dial.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

NO!

2,500 crowns
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do quite alright with no CPs at all, so nothing they change to the system really concerns me too much. Worst case scenario I move to Azuras, which might ironically end up being the go to server for solo and small scale pvp if this siphoning BS stacks.

The only thing I'd like to stress to ZOS is to carefully consider the sources of their feedback, because too many people run their mouths on the forums and exaggerate issues without having enough perspective. For example, I bet people who are constantly talking about 'infinite resources' never stray too far from the herd and so don't know the kind of resource strain that comes with engaging multiple opponents while solo, on a non tank build.

Lots of people play your game for the solo and small scale potential that exists. Don't butcher that for us and force us into zerging. I for one would quit the moment zerging is the only viable playstyle, and I won't be the only one.

I couldn't agree more, as always my friend.

Most of the people whining about class balance are completely unqualified to do so. People die. They have no idea WHY they are dying. They don't bother to ask. WHAT is wrong with their build? Why are they constantly CC'ed? Why are they getting FARMED Xv1 or GANKED?

I mean. The problem MUST be CP then. Or just nerf sorcs again.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Most of the people whining about class balance are completely unqualified to do so. People die. They have no idea WHY they are dying. They don't bother to ask. WHAT is wrong with their build? Why are they constantly CC'ed? Why are they getting FARMED Xv1 or GANKED?

What about the few that are qualified to whine about class balance and do so?
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

What about the few that are qualified to whine about class balance and do so?

Then do so. But come on, we had a whole balance whine thread posted by a stamina nightblade who said that troll king sucked because... it only works on other people you heal.

Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But our wise balance gods at zos don´t realise blocking is the problem - not regeneration.

I don't have strong shields, burst, mobility, the stam to be a dodge monkey or an execute to finish a player before they ward/heal/dodge/streak unless I have an ult up, which is also my primary source of sustain. And I have to eat extra damage as a vamp, because Mist Form is a requirement. How else does an mDK -- who already has zero build-in magicka cost reduction -- mitigate damage?

I think some people believe in the "tank meta" more than it actually exists. My templar running 11k resists and no reactive/Malubeth got accused of being a useless tank the other day because I could keep my team alive under what was fairly poor damage pressure.

Nor do we need to nerf PVE tanks, who pretty much HAVE to permablock in end game content, especially if -- as this suggests -- DPS numbers will come down and fights will be longer.

I´m just saying permablocking (with block in my opinion being the strongest defense of all, while also the easiest to use - yes even easier than shields) needs adjustments before sustain builds do.

I did not have DKs in mind btw. There are very few on EU. Templars however... ;)

Those players that run around like they're on speed and dodging everything would need to be "adjusted" as well.

Neither should happen.

Edited by Domander on March 13, 2017 9:56PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO!

2,500 crowns

Better than those damn mounts! And you can wear it inside!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing the possible cp changes and the warden passives and base skills its obvious that certain classes without MAJOR buffs will simply not be competitive. The warden alone takes the best of every class and wraps it into one.

I understand the need for pushing for more Morrowind sales but how can you even begin to say Warden is balanced with all that it offers.

Warden looks very versatile but there are still 5 reasons not to play warden.

-Negate
    -Repentence
    -Curse
    -Backlash
    -Will AoE damage be better than MDK and MNB??

But yeah, if you don't need those things reroll warden haha.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options