Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event

• TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Double AP nice, no CP I know what I am doing during this event stay on my cold fire ballista lol

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double AP nice, no CP I know what I am doing during this event stay on my cold fire ballista lol

Or join an RP event at one of the outposts on haderus.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding double Golden vendor items that week would be great incentive too . One Majic and one stam monster set piece with double jewelry selection that weekend .

This isn't a response directly to your post but more commentary on my part: There are 28 sets they just should just place the sets on weekly rotation and include both the helm and shoulder; with two different sets each week. There is no reason for the rng it does not incentivize players to play more or buy items in the crown store. The rng in this case is just annoying players and has no benefit.
    Options
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make everyones default login location cyrodil, buahahahaha
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall, this is a GREAT step forward for pvp, and any serious pvper should welcome this week and play as much pvp as possible during the test. I certainly will.

^Exactly this!

Who cares if your build sucks without CP and you die more often. Everyone else will be running out of stamina and dying right along with you.

This is a one time opportunity to help these folks figure out some solutions for lag and latency issues. I hope everyone plays as much as possible during the test.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey gang!

As you saw in Matt’s 2017 roadmap, we are making Cyrodiil performance evaluation and fixing a priority this year. We want to make sure that Cyrodiil is a great PvP experience for everyone. Over the last year, we’ve made some good strides towards refining server performance across all campaigns, and we will continue down that path.

When looking into Cyrodiil issues, we definitely see (both in-game and through monitoring) situations where client and server performance degrade significantly when under high load. The small incremental changes we’ve made over the last year have helped, but they alone are not enough. So, we’re going to change our strategy a bit – which is the point of this post.

Simply put, Azura’s Star (the non-Champion Point campaign) runs much better, more efficiently, and is overall a much better PvP experience than the standard campaigns such as Trueflame or Haderus. Now that we’ve had a significant population density in Azura’s Star, we strongly suspect what has been theorized for a long time: Champion Rank passives and abilities are causing too much server load, especially in situations like Keep battles where there are tons of players in one place.

Because of this, we are going to run a series of PvP performance tests, and because it is impossible to simulate PvP load on our internal test servers (or on PTS), we will do this on all live servers on the dates of February 27 – March 6. This is not something we take lightly, and it is important that we evaluate performance when the server is under real-world load situations.

Our first test will be set up as follows:
    • For a period of one week, all Champion Points will be disabled on all Campaigns on all platforms and megaservers
    • During this time, AP gains in all Campaigns will be doubled, both to compensate for lack of CP and also to incentivize players to PvP so we can record as much data as possible
    • Campaign durations and leaderboards will not be adjusted during this week
    We encourage all players to continue their PvP activities in their respective Home, Guest, and Friends campaigns – we will be taking feedback and monitoring data on a daily basis during this test, and look forward to reading your constructive posts about server performance during the time of the test.

The results of this test will determine the next course of action for refining Cyrodiil server performance. Thank you for your perseverance and patience – we thoroughly appreciate your time, efforts, and feedback!

Thanks again, and see you in Cyrodiil!

-Wheeler

58903265.jpg
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, this is a GREAT step forward for pvp, and any serious pvper should welcome this week and play as much pvp as possible during the test. I certainly will.

^Exactly this!

Who cares if your build sucks without CP and you die more often. Everyone else will be running out of stamina and dying right along with you.

This is a one time opportunity to help these folks figure out some solutions for lag and latency issues. I hope everyone plays as much as possible during the test.

But how will they be able to tell if it´s CP or behavior of people reducing the lag (if the lag gets reduced) when people simply can´t play the same way they can with CP?

They already can´t tell that for azura.

That means the only meaningful outcome would be the servers still lagging and they´d have to start over again?
    <Noricum>

Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

^Exactly this!

But how will they be able to tell if it´s CP or behavior of people reducing the lag (if the lag gets reduced) when people simply can´t play the same way they can with CP?

That means the only meaningful outcome would be the servers still lagging and they´d have to start over again?

You cant even figure how to play without CP, but are suddenly expert on how to perform tests and what ZoS wants/does.
    Options
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

^Exactly this!

They pointed out that azuras population doesnt allow for that to be used as a guinea pig. They may be testing a number of scenarios at various times, but again without data all they and we can do is speculate.
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP in all campaigns ?

0fe2a4813746f9cd4.png

Time to move to trueflame for the week
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they´d care about the health of this games pvp they´d look at the abilities empowering loosely stacked grps that do not die.

But that would mean nerfing healing springs - god forbid.
    @Derra

How would it be beneficial for the health of pvp if there would be no raids? It's quite naive to blame guilds for the lag as the problem on TF is the 60v60 pugwars, not the guilds fighting them.

If they'd care about the health of PvP they would put a cooldown on Soul Gems so that a 70 man zerg can't forceflip keeps by simply spamming resses until they win. Afterwards making it a bit harder for raids to survive might be in order but in a game where the outnumbering side has infinite lives it is ridiculous to complain about the outnumbered group not dieing.

Edited by Sanct16 on February 20, 2017 11:25PM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^Exactly this!

You cant even figure how to play without CP, but are suddenly expert on how to perform tests and what ZoS wants/does.

How do you determine that i can´t figure out how to play without CP? That´s pretty rude.

I specifically stated i don´t want to create a new setup to play without CP.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^Exactly this!

They have access to a lot of data that you don't.

People have been asking for something to be done and they think this will be one test to look at things.

Play or don't, and I'll continue to trust the people who made the game here, versus some know-it-all.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^Exactly this!

I imagine they will have very detailed logs of all the activity and server calculations during the test.

Perhaps the reason they haven't been able to get enough data on Azura's is not enough people play on there. They want a kind of stress test with the biggest Trueflame zergs possible to generate a lot of data.

We have been asking them to eliminate the lag for a long time and now they need our help.

I'm certain they have no plans to eliminate CP features entirely from the regular campaigns - this is how we progress in the game now. It's just a brief test for a few days that somehow helps the work they are doing.

Maybe they will discover that some Champion Passive X or Y could be calculated differently to reduce server issues, etc.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

^Exactly this!

They pointed out that azuras population doesnt allow for that to be used as a guinea pig. They may be testing a number of scenarios at various times, but again without data all they and we can do is speculate.

My main point is that i´m not sure how they want to create real world scenarios when they change the way people play.

They change the "real world" and as a result their tested scenario is flawed.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at the proc sets also. If CP can cause lag from the extra calculations, all those proc sets could cause lag as well.
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where am i saying it does not have the intended effect?

Sorcs not making adjustments to shieldbreaker on CP campaigns die to it - period.

It´s meant to give you an advantage over shielded players (which it does on cp campaigns) not outright give you a free win over them because not using their class defense is a death sentence and using their class defense is a deathsentence aswell (that´s what happens on azuras).

Not only is your logic not sound - you´re also trying to put words in my mouth. Hmmmmmm.

You said that Azuras was "broken" because "a magsorc without pets ... duel[ing] someone with a shielbreaker bow setup [will lose]." I disagree. It's WaI when a particular build that relies on stacking shields gets beaten (in duel) by a setup that was specifically designed to counter the OP nature of stacked shields on a high dps and high mobility class.

Not to mention that arguing that an AvAvA campaign is "broken" because a particular duel match up goes against you, well that isn't the best way to balance the game. It's not a dueling game.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

^Exactly this!

My main point is that i´m not sure how they want to create real world scenarios when they change the way people play.

They change the "real world" and as a result their tested scenario is flawed.

I agree, certainly many will play a bit differently.

However, they have asked for our help and I believe in good faith when they say the more people online stressing the server, the better it helps the process of whatever solution they are working on.
    Options
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    Great move! While doing so, why not remove aoe caps as well for this test?
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Love it. Hope they stay gone. Cp ruins pvp. Now people who think they are good will realize how much Cp is easy mode.

If they follow through permanently you don´t think there should be a CP enabled campaign like there is with azura currently for no CP?

That does not make much sense for me. Care to explain?

I think cp should be removed from the game.
    Options
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Its amusing to see people rage at no CP. Its a test to improve a part of the game that generates ZERO revenue for the company but is the most complained about thing in the forums in one way or another.

How can you complain about something being broken if you're not willing to help fix it.

They Dont want you to do less damage they want to simulate the same scenarios without the additional calculation load on the server of everyone's elemental defender and thick skinned points as they're stood in the breach to an inner wall in hot oil to see where the problems lie.

So stop complaining and go back to your oil.
    Edited by llllADBllll on February 20, 2017 11:36PM
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Hope they stay gone. Cp ruins pvp. Now people who think they are good will realize how much Cp is easy mode.

If they follow through permanently you don´t think there should be a CP enabled campaign like there is with azura currently for no CP?

Me too, but I don't see that as being on the table at all.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    If they´d care about the health of this games pvp they´d look at the abilities empowering loosely stacked grps that do not die.

But that would mean nerfing healing springs - god forbid.
    @Derra

How would it be beneficial for the health of pvp if there would be no raids? It's quite naive to blame guilds for the lag as the problem on TF is the 60v60 pugwars, not the guilds fighting them.

If they'd care about the health of PvP they would put a cooldown on Soul Gems so that a 70 man zerg can't forceflip keeps by simply spamming resses until they win. Afterwards making it a bit harder for raids to survive might be in order but in a game where the outnumbering side has infinite lives it is ridiculous to complain about the outnumbered group not dieing.

@Sanct16 I´m all for soul gem timers (5min not being able to rez again for rezzer and 5min not being able to be revived again for dead body), removal of camps and even for a release mechanic that only lets you respawn at home base and then makes you use the porter system (no release at keeps or outposts).
    I´d also rework keepflagging to have flag one as the whole outer keep and flag two as the whole inner keep to avoid stacking.

However the pugwars (apart from bridgefights) cause far less lag than large raids - from my personal experience.

Pugwars are generally unorganized and spreadout.
    Raids survive long enough to funnel way more abilities being fired into a small area of a the game than pugwars do. In the process being one of the main contributors to lag.
    Atleast perceived from my perspective.

It´s looking at the same problem from two ways. You want the raids to be able to kill all the pugs they attracted.
    I don´t want the raids to exist so the pugs can´t get drawn into as small location (pugs are cause of the lag but raidguilds are the tinder in that fire imo by bringen them all together).

I do think blaming pugwars for the lag instead of highly organised raidguilds is just as naive as the other way round (which i don´t do if you read carefully - i blame every high density situation - it´s just that raids actively try to create those and being unfun to fight unless you´re a raid yourself).
    Edited by Derra on February 20, 2017 11:58PM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Where am i saying it does not have the intended effect?

Sorcs not making adjustments to shieldbreaker on CP campaigns die to it - period.

It´s meant to give you an advantage over shielded players (which it does on cp campaigns) not outright give you a free win over them because not using their class defense is a death sentence and using their class defense is a deathsentence aswell (that´s what happens on azuras).

Not only is your logic not sound - you´re also trying to put words in my mouth. Hmmmmmm.

You said that Azuras was "broken" because "a magsorc without pets ... duel[ing] someone with a shielbreaker bow setup [will lose]." I disagree. It's WaI when a particular build that relies on stacking shields gets beaten (in duel) by a setup that was specifically designed to counter the OP nature of stacked shields on a high dps and high mobility class.

Not to mention that arguing that an AvAvA campaign is "broken" because a particular duel match up goes against you, well that isn't the best way to balance the game. It's not a dueling game.

Where do you get stacked shields from?
    You´re making too many assumptions. Nobody talked about stacked shields.
    Shieldbreaker works on 1 shield the same way it does on three. Ironically handling it with only one shield is harder than handling it with 3.

If at all it promotes shieldstacking in the process. That´s stupid don´t you think so too?
    <Noricum>

Options
  • BTHRZeroX
    BTHRZeroX
    ✭✭
    Hmm I may have to finally level up my PvP Skill lines
    EU AD PS4 Dragonknight - Werewolf
    EU AD PS4 Nightblade
    EU DC PS4 Sorcerer - Vampire
    EU EH PS4 Nightblade
    EU EH PS4 Templar - Vampire
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that would be very boring. I´d like a 100% rework of the CP system though to something more along the lines of what grim dawn offered.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that would be very boring. I´d like a 100% rework of the CP system though to something more along the lines of what grim dawn offered.

I like to see more skill and resource management. Cp is a handicap and gives an illusion of being good.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to see more skill and resource management. Cp is a handicap and gives an illusion of being good.

I have not been able to spot any difference in terms of good or bad.
    Azura has different imbalances than CP campaigns (and some are far more irritating than the whole CP system imo).

From my experience people that are good on CP are also good on nonCP. Whereas potatoes potate everywhere.
    Edited by Derra on February 20, 2017 11:52PM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^Exactly this!

^Double this. Here we see the correct attitude for the coming week of reckoning. Notice the stark contrast between the commonplace whining and complaining that plague the forums and our community. :)
    Options
  • klink012
    klink012
    ✭✭✭
    MAKE PVP GREAT AGAIN!!

1. Remove CP
    2. Remove monster sets
    3. Penalize players for spamming the same skill/ability over and over (like how streak is treated). Would stop the purge, healing springs, etc. spam.
    4. Fix CC bugs and reliability & performance.
    5. Remove POISONS!! (edited to enter this one)
    6. There's more but that's just off the top of my head.

PVP has soooooo much potential. Looking forward to seeing results and hoping someone didn't hack Brian Wheelers account and post this!! ;-)

Edit to enter Remove poisons.
    Edited by klink012 on February 21, 2017 12:24AM
    Options