The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event

• Tuvi
    Tuvi
    ✭✭
    If somehow this testing will help get rid of lag or atleast reduce it i up play naked.
    And good 2 see some attention too cyro once again!

img.pandawhale.com/post-14956-WHY-MUST-LIFE-BE-SO-HARD-gif-i-ayTJ.gif

w/e do somethink

Guess who!?
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Play solo or in a small grp and get poisoned - then come here again and tell me about things not being broken.

Even better: Play a magsorc without pets and duel someone with a shielbreaker bow setup.

I play exclusively solo in Azuras (with the rare exception when I pop into TF when Azuras is dead or all Red). I'm very familiar with the power of poisons - I use them and try and pay attention to when they hit me.

Every build (hopefully) will have a counter build. Shieldbreaker* was specifically put into the game to counter shield stacking sorcs. The fact that counter works better in Azuras shows how CP has distorted the intended balance.

* Personally, I don't think adding a 5 piece set bonus as a counter was smart, but it is what ZOS decided.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Why not just put a whole lot of the character values back on client side, like before the botting/lighting patch in 1.2.x, and add an anti-cheat program?

Seems like it would involve less time spent coding than -- if this experiment proves true -- remaking the entire CP system.

Because Cheat Engine.

Nuff said.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Been waiting for this! Super stoked to see how the other campaigns function, and hopefully move to a much healthier, happier Cyrodiil. Divines bless you @ZOS_BrianWheeler and team :)

I think you already knew this ahead of time didn't you?
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    steussy wrote: »
    Hey gang!

As you saw in Matt’s 2017 roadmap, we are making Cyrodiil performance evaluation and fixing a priority this year. We want to make sure that Cyrodiil is a great PvP experience for everyone. Over the last year, we’ve made some good strides towards refining server performance across all campaigns, and we will continue down that path.

When looking into Cyrodiil issues, we definitely see (both in-game and through monitoring) situations where client and server performance degrade significantly when under high load. The small incremental changes we’ve made over the last year have helped, but they alone are not enough. So, we’re going to change our strategy a bit – which is the point of this post.

Simply put, Azura’s Star (the non-Champion Point campaign) runs much better, more efficiently, and is overall a much better PvP experience than the standard campaigns such as Trueflame or Haderus. Now that we’ve had a significant population density in Azura’s Star, we strongly suspect what has been theorized for a long time: Champion Rank passives and abilities are causing too much server load, especially in situations like Keep battles where there are tons of players in one place.

Because of this, we are going to run a series of PvP performance tests, and because it is impossible to simulate PvP load on our internal test servers (or on PTS), we will do this on all live servers on the dates of February 27 – March 6. This is not something we take lightly, and it is important that we evaluate performance when the server is under real-world load situations.

Our first test will be set up as follows:
    • For a period of one week, all Champion Points will be disabled on all Campaigns on all platforms and megaservers
    • During this time, AP gains in all Campaigns will be doubled, both to compensate for lack of CP and also to incentivize players to PvP so we can record as much data as possible
    • Campaign durations and leaderboards will not be adjusted during this week
    We encourage all players to continue their PvP activities in their respective Home, Guest, and Friends campaigns – we will be taking feedback and monitoring data on a daily basis during this test, and look forward to reading your constructive posts about server performance during the time of the test.

The results of this test will determine the next course of action for refining Cyrodiil server performance. Thank you for your perseverance and patience – we thoroughly appreciate your time, efforts, and feedback!

Thanks again, and see you in Cyrodiil!

-Wheeler
    Wow,

I don't see anything here that states they are considering permanently dropping CP from all campaigns. Please take the time to actually comprehend his post and not jump to any conclusions.

HEY NOW, No room for this sort of accurate logic in here. Please move along.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Play solo or in a small grp and get poisoned - then come here again and tell me about things not being broken.

Even better: Play a magsorc without pets and duel someone with a shielbreaker bow setup.

I play exclusively solo in Azuras (with the rare exception when I pop into TF when Azuras is dead or all Red). I'm very familiar with the power of poisons - I use them and try and pay attention to when they hit me.

Every build (hopefully) will have a counter build. Shieldbreaker* was specifically put into the game to counter shield stacking sorcs. The fact that counter works better in Azuras shows how CP has distorted the intended balance.

* Personally, I don't think adding a 5 piece set bonus as a counter was smart, but it is what ZOS decided.

Shieldbreaker was added into the game after CP got introduced and before any nonCP campaign.
    This means shieldbreaker was balanced for a game with CP (this was even specifically stated by the devs back when it got introduced - as shieldbreaker was not affected by CP or battlespirit and highly debated back in the days).

You´re logic is flawed on this one @Talcyndl
    Edited by Derra on February 20, 2017 10:52PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No CP... That's rough.
    But other than that, fantastic news!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding double Golden vendor items that week would be great incentive too . One Majic and one stam monster set piece with double jewelry selection that weekend .
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Hope they stay gone. Cp ruins pvp. Now people who think they are good will realize how much Cp is easy mode.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Love it. Hope they stay gone. Cp ruins pvp. Now people who think they are good will realize how much Cp is easy mode.

If they follow through permanently you don´t think there should be a CP enabled campaign like there is with azura currently for no CP?

That does not make much sense for me. Care to explain?
    <Noricum>

• Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker was added into the game after CP got introduced and before any nonCP campaign.
    This means shieldbreaker was balanced for a game with CP.

You are saying it doesn't have the intended effect in the CP campaign. Regardless of when it was added, the point remains...CP breaks balance.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Why not just put a whole lot of the character values back on client side, like before the botting/lighting patch in 1.2.x, and add an anti-cheat program?

Seems like it would involve less time spent coding than -- if this experiment proves true -- remaking the entire CP system.

Because Cheat Engine.

Nuff said.

But that's the point of an anti-cheat. When client side variables are changed (other than things like settings or key binds), any good anti-cheat will boot you from the server. A lot of AAA games do this already. Just license or program a very robust anti-cheat, identify what variables are OK to edit and what aren't, and boom. Third party memory injection could be autobanned ... even the tricky ones which disguise themselves as/in other benign processes.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they follow through permanently you don´t think there should be a CP enabled campaign like there is with azura currently for no CP?

How would that be different than what we have now? At least for PC, there are two 30 day campaigns, one CP and one non-CP. I guess we could change Haderus to non-CP, but that wouldn't solve the lag issue on TF.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

That does not make much sense for me. Care to explain?

They could do that, and if it turns out most people's suspicions are correct it should come with a 'if you play here don't *** about lag' disclaimer

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Well so one week of not pvping because i´m not going to craft a template for that bullcrap? Nice - do i get my subscription refunded for that time period?

Edit: Do you really think anyone who has a template balanced for CP is going to continue to play? That´s moronic.

Next step after the event will be: no more CP campaigns. Better performance and no difference in CPs. Is not this what we want for PvP?

Since the pvp without cp is absolutely terrible. At that poit it stop playing the game.

I´d give everyone 600 in cyro.

You mean the campaign where sustain and reaction time is still a thing? Yeah absolutely terrible. I'd give everyone 600 CP too so they can all get carried by their cp.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    This means shieldbreaker was balanced for a game with CP.

You are saying it doesn't have the intended effect in the CP campaign. Regardless of when it was added, the point remains...CP breaks balance.

Where am i saying it does not have the intended effect?

Sorcs not making adjustments to shieldbreaker on CP campaigns die to it - period.

It´s meant to give you an advantage over shielded players (which it does on cp campaigns) not outright give you a free win over them because not using their class defense is a death sentence and using their class defense is a deathsentence aswell (that´s what happens on azuras).

Not only is your logic not sound - you´re also trying to put words in my mouth. Hmmmmmm.
    Edited by Derra on February 20, 2017 11:00PM
    <Noricum>

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    64mkb.gif
    I'm fine with keeping Azura's the way it is, but do keep Trueflame and Haderus the same after the test.

I'm also gonna be that person and say invest in more powerful servers for PvP. I don't think funds will be an issue with the crown store and all the money that Morrowind is gonna rake in for Zenimax.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on February 20, 2017 11:01PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant hear derra over the screams of fanbois plz send halp
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I welcome these series of tests! I exuberantly await running into many of the "op" elves and drunks without their digital steroids.

Long live Fengrush
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ha, this will mess up Vampires so bad, no Elemental Defender. :P
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe because of this, more people will notice how CPfree campaigns are better. And if they lag less, thats another bonus.

Anyway, why this thread looks like Derras personal journal about another his l2p issue.
    Edited by SodanTok on February 20, 2017 11:08PM
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    64mkb.gif
    I'm fine with keeping Azura's the way it is, but do keep Trueflame and Haderus the same after the test.

I'm also gonna be that person and say invest in more powerful servers for PvP. I don't think funds will be an issue with the crown store and all the money that Morrowind is gonna rake in for Zenimax.

if the Code itself is the bottleneck a better Server wont help
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    Well so one week of not pvping because i´m not going to craft a template for that bullcrap? Nice - do i get my subscription refunded for that time period?

Edit: Do you really think anyone who has a template balanced for CP is going to continue to play? That´s moronic.

Next step after the event will be: no more CP campaigns. Better performance and no difference in CPs. Is not this what we want for PvP?

Since the pvp without cp is absolutely terrible. At that poit it stop playing the game.

I´d give everyone 600 in cyro.

You mean the campaign where sustain and reaction time is still a thing? Yeah absolutely terrible. I'd give everyone 600 CP too so they can all get carried by their cp.

It simply plays differently. It´s like saying spaghetti bolognese is tastier than spaghetti carbonara isn´t it? I could have made it more clear that this was my personal opinion. I don´t enjoy nonCP pvp.

People who enjoy nonCP more have the option to play on azura.

I don´t get why people not enjoying CP want to shut down cp pvp and need to ridicule anyone rather playing with CP because it´s nonconform to what they deem fun for themselves.

Care to explain that thoughtprocess?
    <Noricum>

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because of this, more people will notice how CPfree campaigns are better. And if they lag less, thats another bonus.

Anyway, why this thread looks like Derras personal journal about another his l2p issue.

giphy.gif
    Edited by Sigtric on February 20, 2017 11:08PM

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you give me insight on that thoughtprocess?

What leads to stating l2p?

Don´t you think resorting to personal attacks without refuting any argument brought up by me why this test is not a smart idea is really unproductive?
    Edited by Derra on February 20, 2017 11:11PM
    <Noricum>

• stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias We are aware of that behavior and will be adjusting values of Outposts, Resources and Keeps after the event.

after the event....big lol on you then

i think you are supposed to fix this before you reward them with even more AP
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    @MyNameIsElias We are aware of that behavior and will be adjusting values of Outposts, Resources and Keeps after the event.

Wait, why adjust it after? Why not with the event? Encourage us to test things other than 12k ticks.

But if there is enough people in the area of the flip doesn't it split that 6k up to everyone?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really sad to see how people are reacting so negatively, seemingly part of the entitled generation instead of seeing this as part of a way to help the developers with is seemingly like a beta test.

I can see how if you already expect negative outcomes you can jump to the conclusion that CP is going away, but thay hasnt been said, and not really even eluded to.

Also if you cant spend a week in crafted and or cheap pvp sets, then man i feel sorry for you folk. I consider myself a casual player who works fill time with 2 beautiful girls and ive got plenty of sets in my bak i can try. Ill probably have a few RFTW sets i can use if i needed.

Im happy to see that theres a plan. It sounds like theres been some theorycrafting done about server impacts, and theres no way to test it without this type of experiment. Rather than constantly making adjustments that may or may not improve performance they are starting at square one.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    steussy wrote: »
    Hey gang!

As you saw in Matt’s 2017 roadmap, we are making Cyrodiil performance evaluation and fixing a priority this year. We want to make sure that Cyrodiil is a great PvP experience for everyone. Over the last year, we’ve made some good strides towards refining server performance across all campaigns, and we will continue down that path.

When looking into Cyrodiil issues, we definitely see (both in-game and through monitoring) situations where client and server performance degrade significantly when under high load. The small incremental changes we’ve made over the last year have helped, but they alone are not enough. So, we’re going to change our strategy a bit – which is the point of this post.

Simply put, Azura’s Star (the non-Champion Point campaign) runs much better, more efficiently, and is overall a much better PvP experience than the standard campaigns such as Trueflame or Haderus. Now that we’ve had a significant population density in Azura’s Star, we strongly suspect what has been theorized for a long time: Champion Rank passives and abilities are causing too much server load, especially in situations like Keep battles where there are tons of players in one place.

Because of this, we are going to run a series of PvP performance tests, and because it is impossible to simulate PvP load on our internal test servers (or on PTS), we will do this on all live servers on the dates of February 27 – March 6. This is not something we take lightly, and it is important that we evaluate performance when the server is under real-world load situations.

Our first test will be set up as follows:
    • For a period of one week, all Champion Points will be disabled on all Campaigns on all platforms and megaservers
    • During this time, AP gains in all Campaigns will be doubled, both to compensate for lack of CP and also to incentivize players to PvP so we can record as much data as possible
    • Campaign durations and leaderboards will not be adjusted during this week
    We encourage all players to continue their PvP activities in their respective Home, Guest, and Friends campaigns – we will be taking feedback and monitoring data on a daily basis during this test, and look forward to reading your constructive posts about server performance during the time of the test.

The results of this test will determine the next course of action for refining Cyrodiil server performance. Thank you for your perseverance and patience – we thoroughly appreciate your time, efforts, and feedback!

Thanks again, and see you in Cyrodiil!

-Wheeler
    Wow,

I don't see anything here that states they are considering permanently dropping CP from all campaigns. Please take the time to actually comprehend his post and not jump to any conclusions.

Didn't they also test resource poison on PTS. Everyone told them they were too strong. So they doubled them. Lol. This kind of action is what I'm personally worried about.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

after the event....big lol on you then

i think you are supposed to fix this before you reward them with even more AP

Ya they're going to get double AP RP events for a full week . It will be the most rewarding RP event in the history of RP , in a PVP zone . That's a huge LOL for PVP .