Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So.. What's the general feeling on the Morrowind Announcement?

Jimbullbee85
Jimbullbee85
✭✭✭✭
Just out of interest because I keep falling off the fence and climbing back on again. How do you feel about the Morrowind announcement? I'm going to differentiate between subs and non subs because I've heard ALOT from furious subs but it would be interesting to see how many subs are happy with what has been announced. There's alot of speculation so far. Theres uncertainty about whether sub holders will see any perks with the June patch but I maintain a little bit of optimism that our monthly payment will not be ignored. Feel free to place your reasoning and I hope that no one will judge your perspective as I certainly won't.
Edited by Jimbullbee85 on February 1, 2017 4:22PM
Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage

So.. What's the general feeling on the Morrowind Announcement? 492 votes

I'm a subscriber and I'm happy
53%
IcyDeadPeopleImryllTabbycatdriosketchElloaFlorialnexxus_ESOUriel_NocturneDeadlyRecluseLrdRahvinslinkybinxb14a_ESOkadarashenehb14_ESOLtCrunchNewBlacksmurfdramsb14_ESOFreemanTheryljamesj118b14_ESOEsha76 265 votes
I'm a subscriber and I'm not happy
11%
Moloch1514giff2830_ESOMojmirkendellking_chaosb14_ESOStanelishingarthuub17_ESOkkravaritieb17_ESOAlinielSimzaniHatchetHaroKhaos_BanexSkullfoxTroneonJennifur_Vulteeookami007jarydfspectre303EvergnarMagusOurorboros 59 votes
I'm a subscriber and I'm on the fence
12%
Kensei_ESOold_mufasaBigBraggFerretstalkerwenchmore420b14_ESOixieraglauOjustabooBarsTonnopescekwisatzKoensolzariaola.wilhelmssonb16_ESOcjthibsBlueVioletBRogueNZLoralai_907AlpMasterSpatula 63 votes
I'm not a subscriber and I'm happy
14%
MorbashCavalryPKSlurgRastafarielCapnPhotonjimshrum3b14_ESOOlernPendrillionTryxusZigoSidDanikatMost_AwesomeEnteumLordTareqSoupDragonPhuzSotha_Silinf.toniceb17_ESOnickreb17_ESORosveen 73 votes
I'm not a subscriber and not happy
2%
Floyd_StashShinnipepperybrineesotoonKuroinuTyrusaranlaksikusMinute_WaltzVelvelyaBurritoESOSandman929Taylor_MBErkebramMadLarkin 14 votes
I'm not a subscriber and I'm on the fence
3%
ruiz.bryanb14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeAnnraNerouynLookstowindwardsAnhedonieFranieckCastageresadownikGargathGrimsethAnviOfVaiWrecking_Blow_Spamakl77MaffKioamosricho262will_rob87 18 votes
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand why some aren't impressed at all by this DLC being called an expansion and thus put behind an additional paywall, but I also have perspective.

They gotta make money. I'd much prefer them charge for a proper expansion's array of content rather than push harder on the cash shop but give the expansion away at no extra charge.

They have to make money somewhere.
    Edited by Chadak on February 1, 2017 4:27PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a sub. Not happy or disappointed. The expansion looks like it will be quality content. I will be cancelling my sub though. Not out of protest, but just because it doesn't seem like a good deal anymore. I will be buying expansions and DLCs separately from now on since the sub won't include everything.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 1, 2017 4:31PM
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trouble is we already knew we were getting Vvardenfell (woohoo!) since it was datamined last year, so that only leaves the bad surprises to react to, lol.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You finally got what you have wanted for a long, long time and the zone is presumably bigger than Orsinium.

'Are you not entertained?
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    Its still a lot more content then Wrothgar which is the biggest thing they released so far.

Plus we still don't know all the little details that will trickle out till launch.

I'm mostly happy to finally having something new coming. As a PC player since beta, this came has been content starved for long periods of time. Hopefully after this DLC's will come out more regularly like when we have IC through shadows of the hist.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chadak wrote: »
    I can understand why some aren't impressed at all by this DLC being called an expansion and thus put behind an additional paywall, but I also have perspective.

They gotta make money. I'd much prefer them charge for a proper expansion's array of content rather than push harder on the cash shop but give the expansion away at no extra charge.

They have to make money somewhere.

If only 10% of users sub, zos is making around $10 million/month. Do you really think only 10% sub for the crafting bag? It seems higher than that based on forum polls and group chat. How much does it cost to run this game? I have no experience here. Maybe it does cost more than 120 million a year, but I find that unlikely. Would you change your answer if you knew that zos was laughing all the way to the bank?
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 3, 2017 4:19PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm content to pay the asking price. But it does beg the question whether ESO+ and the benefits more broadly be re-evaluated.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a subscriber and I'm on the fence
    I want ZOS to come out and say they increased gear cap before i have any feeling about this. The trailer had me hyped but now i'm deflated over it. Grinding gear is not what i want in this expansion.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    You finally got what you have wanted for a long, long time and the zone is presumably bigger than Orsinium.

'Are you not entertained?

Am I not merciful?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subscriber since day one, very happy, my friends in rl and online who sub feel the same way...I think the perception that is being forced on the forums and reality are two separate things personally.

EDIT: looking at the poll so far seems reality is once again pimp slapping the haters. :-P
    Edited by Balamoor on February 1, 2017 4:41PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get why people are mad, but I can't be mad. I expected a full-fledged Expansion Pack to cost extra, I do not see DLC and Expansion Packs as the same thing.

And I got my Warden. That alone is enough to make me happy. Plus, I really wanted to see some progress in the main story. I hope we get some news from Darien soon.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Would you change your answer if you knew that zos was laughing all the way to the bank?

No.

What profit ZOS makes is irrelevant to my spending on the game. I hope they make enough profit to keep investing in new content, and I must assume that Morrowind coming so soon after Homesteads means that they are.

I'll spend money on the game as long as I feel it is value for money to me; the moment I stop feeling that is the moment I will unsub.

You perception of value for money will very probably be different to mine.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So happy. I'll admit I have rose-colored glasses when it comes to Morrowind, but how can I not? It's a huge nostalgia trip (it was what introduced me to Elder Scrolls) and remains one of the most unique settings I've encountered in fantasy RPGs... Dark elves are my favorite race both in game and in lore, jerkishness not withstanding, and Vvardenfell plays a huge part in that.

Honestly, between this and Housing, this year's updates are pretty much perfect for me. :D
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    The sub issue seems silly to me, you pay for current benefits, getting access to future DLCs is a benefit of subbing in the future.

I guess it would be fairer if the expansion could be bought with crowns, but I'm really not fussed about $40.

I do think they should add additional free character slots with the expansion though.I also think it's past time certain achievements and timesinks went account wide.

I like what I've seen so far, a lot of stuff that didn't make sense about their development priorities makes more sense now.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the whole, I like that we're getting more content. It's the new class that has me a bit worried.

Will we have class changes? Will we get at least one for free, for insane people like myself who has all 24 slots filled and uses every character as a character rather than a mule? Or will we have to make an entirely new character from scratch?

I can't wait to see Vvardenfell in this time period, though.

I'm also a little annoyed that I can't get the physical collector's edition in this bloody country. I have to enlist my sister to buy it back home and send it over, which will naturally mean I'm not going to be able to play it until later.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contents looks good, but of course anything can look good at this stage. Even No Man's Sky looked good from the trailers! So I'll reserve judgement on whether to purchase.

As an ESO+ subber I certainly won't permit ZOS to double-dip my wallet. They can either sell me content to own, or content to lease, not both. The sub is now redundant, so I won't renew once my current 6 months expires.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like I've already responded to a very similar thread.....in any event

I'm actually happy because while I have no problem with those who choose to subscribe, I'd much rather purchase any DLC or Expansion even the crown store items...straight forward and not only have it for a certain server or what not.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to finally get to Vardenfell but a bit irked at the price of the upgrade considering that the full version is still the same $60 but includes Morrowind.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Would you change your answer if you knew that zos was laughing all the way to the bank?

Nope, I would congratulate them for making a product people want to pay for, I would have a feeling of self satisfaction knowing my favorite MMO will have much more content and many more expansion packs because the company is doing well financially.

Oh almost forgot.......... I would also flip a big fat middle finger to SJW doom sayers that always portray game developers as this huge evil entity that pick your pockets and sacrifice newborn infants to their dark gods.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm excited. I bought the digital collector's edition upgrade and the physical collector's edition.
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as information for everyone, in Welcome to 2017, Matt Firor mentions:

«I've devoted a lot of space here to discuss our new content delivery strategy and how Morrowind will work. But we're doing a lot more than that – we'll have our dungeon-based DLC in Q3 and a content-based DLC in Q4. As usual, we will be selling them a la carte in the Crown Store and they will be available to ESO Plus members
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I pay a subscription for a month, I know it is for me to use the Crating Bag THAT MONTH, access the DLC THAT MONTH, get the XP bonus THAT MONTH and get the Crowns for THAT MONTH. I'm not paying something in installments for the future. I'm paying to use those benefits that period of time.

That said, I'm really happy with the direction they are taking with the game. We now have a clear path the updates will take every year and I can't wait to see what the next Chapters are bringing.

Remember: the unhappy ones are ALWAYS the more vocal ones. Yesterday in game, between my guild and even with random PUGs, the general feeling is overwhelmingly positive among players.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on February 1, 2017 4:54PM
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »
    Just as information for everyone, in Welcome to 2017, Matt Firor mentions:

«I've devoted a lot of space here to discuss our new content delivery strategy and how Morrowind will work. But we're doing a lot more than that – we'll have our dungeon-based DLC in Q3 and a content-based DLC in Q4. As usual, we will be selling them a la carte in the Crown Store and they will be available to ESO Plus members

This is very useful as a release schedule portrays the sub benefits and allows a user to make a value decision. It goes some way to allaying the concern that ZOS will arbitrarily call digital content either DLC or Expac based upon what target they are missing that quarter. They will deliver it based upon a communicated release strategy, giving people an opportunity to decide if a sub is for them or not.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping stamina, and stamblades specifically will receive much needed buffs.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks quite good. The price point would put it out of reach for me for a while, but I am seriously looking at it.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    So happy. I'll admit I have rose-colored glasses when it comes to Morrowind, but how can I not? It's a huge nostalgia trip (it was what introduced me to Elder Scrolls) and remains one of the most unique settings I've encountered in fantasy RPGs... Dark elves are my favorite race both in game and in lore, jerkishness not withstanding, and Vvardenfell plays a huge part in that.

Honestly, between this and Housing, this year's updates are pretty much perfect for me. :D

I'd most certainly agree with you but that last sentence doesn't apply to me. Im not happy with the recent additional content. We were promised more content but at our expense. As a sub I'm a little miffed that they've created a loop hole in order to charge us for it but Im also trying to maintain the hope that it's going to be worth it. We'Lloyd have to see what subs will benefit from it. If I ditch my sub I'm going to have to pay another 5K crowns to get the dlc I was getting as part of that sub and lose the crafting bag. Does ZOS value the sub? At the minute it's a very good question.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on February 1, 2017 5:26PM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More tempering expectations than on the fence, but it seemed the most appropriate answer for me.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA