Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So.. What's the general feeling on the Morrowind Announcement?

• Drazorious
    Drazorious
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a subscriber and I'm on the fence
    Two words: Cliff Racers! >:)

Oh god please no
    Stuff and things
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zanen wrote: »
    The sub issue seems silly to me, you pay for current benefits, getting access to future DLCs is a benefit of subbing in the future.

I guess it would be fairer if the expansion could be bought with crowns, but I'm really not fussed about $40.

I do think they should add additional free character slots with the expansion though.I also think it's past time certain achievements and timesinks went account wide.

I like what I've seen so far, a lot of stuff that didn't make sense about their development priorities makes more sense now.

Yup I'd be quite happy to pay that much as long as it was in the crown store and I could use some of my stockpile of crowns from ESO+ to buy it. But they have changed the terms and conditions of ESO+ so that DLC content is available free to subs only if it is available in the crownstore. Having it in the crownstore would make it a DLC. Not having it in the crown creates a grey area where it is not a dlc but at the same time not a stand alone game. It's fair to assume that they're charging us on a technicality. It's been well thought through but many subs understand the capitalist agenda to maximise prifit and are not happy with it. Loyalty should be awarded not tiptoed around for profit IMO.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • giff2830_ESO
    giff2830_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm a subscriber and I'm not happy
    I'm a subscriber, since the beginning and for only 2 more days, sub is cancelled as of then. I'm a little annoyed at the whole thing. Pre-ordered Morrowind though, but no longer will be subscribing.
    Not angry, just ESO+ no longer justifies itself.
    Edited by giff2830_ESO on February 1, 2017 5:33PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a subscriber and I'm happy
    I'm super excited, and already pre-ordered. I'm counting the days until June 6th!! I also like that we'll get an expansion sized "Chapter" each year.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Chadak wrote: »
    I can understand why some aren't impressed at all by this DLC being called an expansion and thus put behind an additional paywall, but I also have perspective.

They gotta make money. I'd much prefer them charge for a proper expansion's array of content rather than push harder on the cash shop but give the expansion away at no extra charge.

They have to make money somewhere.

If only 10% of users sub, zos is making around $10 million/month. Do you really think only 10% sub for the crafting bad? It seems higher than that based on forum polls and group chat. How much does it cost to run this game? I have no experience here. Maybe it does cost more than 120 million a year, but I find that unlikely. Would you change your answer if you knew that zos was laughing all the way to the bank?

Your numbers work out to 666,000 subscritions per month at $15 / month in order to get the $10,000,000 you stated. If that is only 10% of the population in the game, then you believe the game has 6.6 million players?

I think you need to rethink your numbers.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can understand why some aren't impressed at all by this DLC being called an expansion and thus put behind an additional paywall, but I also have perspective.

They gotta make money. I'd much prefer them charge for a proper expansion's array of content rather than push harder on the cash shop but give the expansion away at no extra charge.

If only 10% of users sub, zos is making around $10 million/month. Do you really think only 10% sub for the crafting bad? It seems higher than that based on forum polls and group chat. How much does it cost to run this game? I have no experience here. Maybe it does cost more than 120 million a year, but I find that unlikely. Would you change your answer if you knew that zos was laughing all the way to the bank?

tell me precious...... what is a crafting bad?
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on February 1, 2017 5:40PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you change your answer if you knew that zos was laughing all the way to the bank?

I'd like them even more if that happened.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm slightly annoyed that it's going to be a full year since the last actual DLC and the next one since I was justifying paying my subscription based on not having to buy a new DLC each quarter. At this point I'm going to have to decide whether or not it's still worthwhile, basically just for the crafting bag. But on the whole, Morrowind excites me and I can understand wanting to charge separately for it since it is such a large content dump.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Your numbers work out to 666,000 subscritions per month at $15 / month in order to get the $10,000,000 you stated. If that is only 10% of the population in the game, then you believe the game has 6.6 million players?

Ignore the 10% number. Just say that there are ~700k subscribers to ESO Plus. We can't know the real answer to that, so it is as good of a guess as any.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to buy it right away. I'm going to wait and see if there really is $40 dollars worth of content there before I buy it. I also want to know just how much of our progress will carry over, or if this is a brand new adventure separate from the rest.

My sub is also on the line, since no new updates means no reason to stay subbed for more content. Crafting bag isn't such a big deal when I'm already sufficiently geared and having fun in dungeons and pvp.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a subscriber and not happy
    I'm a subscriber, since the beginning and for only 2 more days, sub is cancelled as of then. I'm a little annoyed at the whole thing. Pre-ordered Morrowind though, but no longer will be subscribing.
    Not angry, just ESO+ no longer justifies itself.

Sort of in this camp, but I'm still subscribing. I love the game, but I'm not really sure what the subscription is doing for me in the "Access to DLC" department. I'll wait and see if the scope of the "new chapter" is worth being called an expansion, and therefore somehow much bigger than a DLC, but even if that's the case, what DLC's are we getting this year that I'll get to enjoy as part of my subscription without having to buy separately (notice I didn't say free, because I'm paying constantly rather than in one-shots).

Not leaving the game, not un-subbing yet, not even really angry, but we're getting housing (everyone is), One Tamriel wasn't a DLC...it's a lot of base content that's been added, and that's good for everyone. But it feels like one of the perks ESO + isn't being delivered.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ignore the 10% number. Just say that there are ~700k subscribers to ESO Plus. We can't know the real answer to that, so it is as good of a guess as any.

yeah.... but is all just smoke and mirrors..... pretending you know something and then basing criticism on that.

really, is that the best you can do?
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody kindly clear this up for me.

How big is this expansion supposed to be. What I mean by that, is it just a one off thing like orsinium with a short story line, a dungeon or 2 and some new craftsble sets and some world bosses. Or is it more likely to be something huge? As in a whole new world type thing with hundreds to do.

Ps I didn't play Morrowind originally
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well then my guess of 100,000-200,000 subscribers is just as valid, or just as wrong.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fine with it with one caveat - they continue to release other plausible DLC 3 or 4 times a year and that DLC continues to be free for ESO+ users. Then if they want to release an Expansion every 3 years or so to revitalise the game and add major additional elements then fine.... as long as I am still enjoying playing then £40 extra every few years isn't going to phase me unduly.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    I'm fine with it with one caveat - they continue to release other plausible DLC 3 or 4 times a year and that DLC continues to be free for ESO+ users. Then if they want to release an Expansion every 3 years or so to revitalise the game and add major additional elements then fine.... as long as I am still enjoying playing then £40 extra every few years isn't going to phase me unduly.

Apparently they want to release new Chapters once a year. And if that's what it takes to get new classes, I'll pay. Or I'll pay more, I should say.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm that most on Xbox one don't subscribe. That's prob 700k people tho so it's all a wild assumption and speculation but we do know that ESO plus on Xbox one doesn't give crowns and ppl often have very negative interactions trying to get them from support

Results in a heck of a lot less subs.
    Xbox also doesn't have anything other than 1 month

Conclusion.....your math is waaaaay off

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

Apparently they want to release new Chapters once a year. And if that's what it takes to get new classes, I'll pay. Or I'll pay more, I should say.

Yeah, saw the news just after I posted - I guess it will depend on the quality of the 3 other DLC.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange one, I like the update, but I can see my Sub has no Value anymore
    so
    8EOIY9.jpg

This would be the only way to show you value your sub as much as Zenimax
    TJE2Ur.jpg
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy we're going to get expansion size content every year, I'm not happy that I can't pay for it with crowns
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one of the future chapters is called Elder Scrolls Online: Stable Servers, I'll pay whatever price tag they put on it.
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    I feel pretty bad for the people who pay continuously and now also have to shell out more money for something--that as far as I'm concerned is DLC.

Seems cheaty to me.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The phrase "moving the goal post", comes to mind. ESO has to keep changing their business model, and I'm worried ZOS might go the route of freemium at some point. While there are F2P's I really enjoyed such as Warframe. There's also the other end like Neverwinter which is designed to blatantly squeeze money out of players while giving them little in return. Hell even Warframe was bought up by Perfect World Entertainment (same company ultimately behind Neverwinter) and started implementing scummy cash grabs. It concerns me that ESO might go that route.

I'm not opposed to paying for an expansion, but I'm concerned if the expansion is going to be much of anything. I'm also conflicted about things like battlegrounds being locked behind a paywall. I can understand a new class, but a highly asked for gamemode that could potentially clean up a lot of the slop in PVP? That's just something which doesn't quite sit well with me.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah.... but is all just smoke and mirrors..... pretending you know something and then basing criticism on that.

really, is that the best you can do?

I'm not doing anything but pointing out that the 10% is a distraction from the original statement.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a subscriber and I'm not happy
    Subscriber has lost value now IMO. It now costs A LOT of money to play this game.

Don't get me wrong, I plan on buying the "Chapters" but I will probably drop my sub. This is coming from someone who ABSOLUTELY HATES playing their inventory mini game.

They talk quality of life, but they have so little storage.

HELLO ZOS, Inventory mini games are not fun at all !!!!
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    I'm incredibly excited for the expansion. Warden class is something I have (unashamedly) longed for, for a long time now.

I recognise also that this is a game but also a business and will happily pay the £30- £50 the upgrade will cost as well as renewing my 6 month sub (in the same month!!! D,:) HOWEVER I will revserve judgement for now in regards to if ESO+ is still value to me. Should they release DLC packs for Vvardenfell and they are not included in the sub I may have to withdraw my funds and just outright buy DLC but this is all speculation at the moment and I suspect all Vvardenfell related DLC will be included. :)

Just my own personal opinion though. :) Definitely still super stoked and counting the days!
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how much content is in Morrowind.
    30 hrs of content does not seem like alot. But then Orsinium seemed like more than 20 hrs.

Leveling a new character is gonna be a grind. I have done several already and it gets boring quick.

It would be nice if once you got lvl 50 on one character, all new characters were lvl 50 with no attribute or skill points .
    It would be still a grind but IMHO not as bad as completely starting over.
    Edited by majulook on February 1, 2017 6:32PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immediately bought the Physical Collector's edition the moment I could find it, if that is any indicator.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No-one ever seems to remember that the ability to freely dye costumes comes with ESO+ too FWIW... judging by the rainbow of people I see around there are a lot of people who use that :)
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I'm like meh, regarding to the new area since I still have a lot of things to do in the base game and the current DLC's. Never truly played Morrowind so I don't feel the nostalgia-powered hype. Perhaps I'll consider buying it on a sale if I see it's that good and don't move onto another game first.

Though I can't avoid to feel a little unsettled with the Warden class, fearing it could be like Corrin or Bayonetta were at first on SSB4. Op, pretty much everybody using them (so no way to avoid them) and people without those DLC's (me included) being unaware of their movesets because we were unable to test them ourselves before getting into a fight.

If that's the case, the players without expansion probably will have to deal with getting their arses kicked (or bitten and scratched) for a couple of days or weeks, until they get a grip of their new enemy's abilities or it gets balanced (in case is op).

Of course there's a lot more competent players than me that could do a deeper analysis and come very quickly with an strategy to deal with Wardens and their bears without even playing as them once.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"