Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO - Morrowind [INFO/TRAILER/PICS]

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Pete Hines is flying into SanFran, Rich Lambert bought pants for the first time in his life, wtf is happening tomorrow.

Rich is flying there too apparently. They aren't even in the regular venue for the stream, how much bigger can this get!?

ARE THEY BUILDING ANOTHER NUMIDIUM with all that sweet cash shop money?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Skayaq wrote: »
    Pete Hines
    Change in business model confirmed. ;)

Also, source?

This would add quite a lot if turning into F2P. PvP will flourish :)

F2P would be absolutely horrible! Please don't say that. I want to be hyped for this announcement... not scared!
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to sub model.... no more crown crates... Cyrodiil is lag free.... proc sets changed for PvE and PvP...

*wakes up in a strange room with Lamberts's pants on* Was I dreaming?
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I don't see any benefit in making this game F2P. You can get a key for $5-7 or 7-8€. On console it's a bit more expensive but still... why make it P2P and then F2P? I don't see it.

The presence of Pete Hines means something. He wouldn't be there if it would be just a DLC. So what possibly can justify his attendance and makes sense for the game? I mean the most logical thing would be the announcement of ESOs first major expansion that gets sold for $30 or so but even then, why must Pete Hines be there? Or do they merge the servers and PC, Xbox and PS can play altogether? I mean, what do you think could happen?

At this point i'm starting to think that it has to be something else besides a $30 expansion to justify Hines pressence. What could be, i'm clueless.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No hype train for me I am on one of those hand carts on the rails, will wait and see, will hope for something good that is the most I can do.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha, maybe they'll announce that ESO will be released for the Nintendo Switch and that's it? :D:D:D
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha, maybe they'll announce that ESO will be released for the Nintendo Switch and that's it? :D:D:D

I would be so disappointed and so furious if that's the big announcement.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Why the volcano teaser though"

Rich: We thought it looked cool.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lay off the Skooma if you think they are releasing the Warden class or any type of spell rafting.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I'm not wanting to hop on the F2P speculation just yet- but what would that mean to subscribers? Would our subscriptions just cease? Or could we still pay for subscriptions and get "perks" like free content? How has this worked in the past with other games?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    First, thanks to @andreasranasen for posting the original information.
    I don't see any benefit in making this game F2P. You can get a key for $5-7 or 7-8€. On console it's a bit more expensive but still... why make it P2P and then F2P? I don't see it.

The presence of Pete Hines means something. He wouldn't be there if it would be just a DLC. So what possibly can justify his attendance and makes sense for the game? I mean the most logical thing would be the announcement of ESOs first major expansion that gets sold for $30 or so but even then, why must Pete Hines be there? Or do they merge the servers and PC, Xbox and PS can play altogether? I mean, what do you think could happen?

Like many others, I want Vvardenfell bad. I'm really hoping this is going to be a great addition to the game.

That said, the presence of Pete Hines has me worried. I predicted awhile back (when Crown Crates were released) that ESO would go F2P and people on this forum called me out, saying it would never happen, there was no indication this was going to happen, I was a fearmonger, so on and so forth. But Pete isn't coming to Twitch to show off a new tattoo. I believe he will be there to announce changes in pricing, purchasing, or otherwise acquiring the game or elements of the game. I don't believe he'll be there just to announce a new expansion.

What could happen? The game could go free to play. Regardless of what people say, that's on the table. If it goes free to play, then look out because Crown Crates are NOT going away.

I doubt it will go completely F2P. I think they will have teaser section, maybe a few zones or (god forbid) "Play to Level 50 for free." GW2 is a good example of what they could go with.

Something big is going to change about pricing and access. I don't want ESO to go F2P. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can't imagine it will be good for the game.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be more than just a new place to visit. They added a lot of things into the game, but they never teased like that... Maybe graphical update and new prophet's quests + Vvardenfell?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Here's hoping that there's a tonne of content in this update. Whilst this seems to be a massive nostalgia-gasm for most people, I never played a scrolls game before skyrim and I barely played that, so I fear 90% of the awesomeness will be lost on me!

Probably unrealistic, but I'd love to see a wrothgar sized quest area, a trial and maybe a dungeon or two. The map looks HUGE though, so hopefully they squeeze plenty into it!

Yes the map seems huge and bigger than Wrothgar. Hopefully it's a very "open" map with big open landscapes. Hopefully we'll see more than just a map implemented in this new expansion/dlc. Maybe new class, skill lines, weapons added, new trials and dungeons (dungeons + trials were data mined i believe). I cannot wait for PTS. We would be seeing PTS in april and release in May :)
    It is definetly bigger than Wrothgar, here is comparable screenshot that make it look Vvardenfell as Stonefalls+Wrothgar:
    hdoC9Vi.jpg

The Vvarndenfell "map" looks to me that it is not as zoomed out as the Wrothgar map you have there. It's probably on the same scale as Wrothgar, I guess if you count the water that might be explore-able then it's a little bigger.

Don't forget the size of Vivec, its completely visible (All Quarters) from the aerial view, I don't believe the pics are to scale. Vivec city itself when overlaying another city like say Stormhaven, is massive.
    Edited by nimander99 on January 30, 2017 8:10PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    First, thanks to @andreasranasen for posting the original information.

Like many others, I want Vvardenfell bad. I'm really hoping this is going to be a great addition to the game.

That said, the presence of Pete Hines has me worried. I predicted awhile back (when Crown Crates were released) that ESO would go F2P and people on this forum called me out, saying it would never happen, there was no indication this was going to happen, I was a fearmonger, so on and so forth. But Pete isn't coming to Twitch to show off a new tattoo. I believe he will be there to announce changes in pricing, purchasing, or otherwise acquiring the game or elements of the game. I don't believe he'll be there just to announce a new expansion.

What could happen? The game could go free to play. Regardless of what people say, that's on the table. If it goes free to play, then look out because Crown Crates are NOT going away.

I doubt it will go completely F2P. I think they will have teaser section, maybe a few zones or (god forbid) "Play to Level 50 for free." GW2 is a good example of what they could go with.

Something big is going to change about pricing and access. I don't want ESO to go F2P. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can't imagine it will be good for the game.

Yes, i don't mind F2P if they do it like GW2. When you get to a certain level you are forced to PAY to keep playing. It's only to hopefully get people interested to stay and pay. The game has been out for some time now and i think this is their way to freshen up the game and invite new players.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • tclark_ESO
    tclark_ESO
    ✭✭

I think it would be cool on the Switch. I can't wait to get mine, and being able to have my ESO on the GO too would be pretty cool.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now they're sending emails about the stream.

Definitely bigger than a simple DLC.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I not getting any Email? :(
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Hines is just going to be there to authenticate and announce the sweepstakes winners, as there are a few more main prizes than the last one. And because our marketing director is habitually MIA except that one time at PaxEast. Who despite this gear-shift toward Vvardenfell hasn't even retweeted the teaser on Twitter like the other relevant content updates.

Probably just going to be some waxing on about the Morrowind anniversary, thanking fans, thanking each other, then followed by a confirmation of what we already know, maybe a picture of a future crown-crate exclusive vvardvark, and then in nice obsidian glass letters, VVARDENFELL: COMING SOON (TM)

...then they announce a historic partnership with Taco Bell to make the Ultimate Riverhold Beef Taco a reality. For a limited time, make your insides feel just like these Red Mountain textures.
    signing off
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the big annoucement they saved 15% on car insurance by switching to Geico?
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I think Hines is just going to be there to authenticate and announce the sweepstakes winners, as there are a few more main prizes than the last one. And because our marketing director is habitually MIA except that one time at PaxEast. Who despite this gear-shift toward Vvardenfell hasn't even retweeted the teaser on Twitter like the other relevant content updates.

Probably just going to be some waxing on about the Morrowind anniversary, thanking fans, thanking each other, then followed by a confirmation of what we already know, maybe a picture of a future crown-crate exclusive vvardvark, and then in nice obsidian glass letters, VVARDENFELL: COMING SOON (TM)

...then they announce a historic partnership with Taco Bell to make the Ultimate Riverhold Beef Taco a reality. For a limited time, make your insides feel just like these Red Mountain textures.

I missed the tacos.
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    vvardvark.

This alone deserves the hype especial if its a mount...
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you wanna create massive hype for ESO you release Vvardenfell, it's what you do. If you wanna save 15% or more on car insurance you switch to Geico, it's what you do.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Now they're sending emails about the stream.

Definitely bigger than a simple DLC.

Got one to... mail spam. ;)
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• xirub17_ESO
    xirub17_ESO
    ✭✭
    I said that from the beginning, that Vardenfell needs to be opened up in ESO...
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are at all familiar with business, you'd know that executives attend and choose not to attend a variety of meetings, regardless of it pertaining to them or not. Just because Hines hasn't attended the majority of release announcements, does not imply he wassn't supposed to be there for every one of them. I know plenty of lazy execs who are supposed to attend all of meetings X, but only show up for a few of them randomly.

Your "most logical" assumption is not the most logical. The simplist answer is often most accurate. He's a marketing exec. They're probably launching a new marketing campaign. Maybe he just wants to oversee this announcement to see if they're actually effective.
    Edited by AlMcFly on January 30, 2017 9:18PM
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    j_s wrote: »
    it's not going to be huge, or big...didn't ZOS announce that they would rather bring out smaller DLCs but on a more frequent basis ?

Look how that's turning out (Cough cough, Shadows of the Hist). It is terrible.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    YES!!!!

Well if that isn't a clear teaser of Red Mountain idk what is.

Feel free to board the hype train everyone! We have already datamined the Vvardenfell map and now we have a teaser of Red Mountain.

IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING! :D

Soo excited! Hopefully we'll get new classes, weapons or skill lines added :)

I don't think we will. Guess we would have any hint datamined.

Nevertheless it's indeed very exciting. Best case scenario imo would be a trial and an vma kind arena for 2 or 6 men. Besides the map ofc. That would be great

The three Warden class skill lines suddenly reappeared in ESO 2.6.0

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/50w3jf/data_mining_three_new_skills/

They were promptly removed in 2.6.1. The Warden class was in-game during alpha and early beta:

http://www.elderscrollsupdate.com/elder-scrolls-online-five-classes/

I don't think a new class is coming with Vvardenfell. I do think spellcrafting might come in 2017 but not until the end of the year. I suspect battlegrounds in Q3.

I think it's gonna be just another dlc announcement. Assuming the lack of content, is like something larger than Orsinium but unless it's coming in March we'll just have a lot of speculation threads for 90 days or so
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe console users will get buff timers....
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you wanna create massive hype for ESO you release Vvardenfell, it's what you do. If you wanna save 15% or more on car insurance you switch to Geico, it's what you do.

This is awesome! Less than 24h left guys!!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is awesome! Less than 24h left guys!!

VPffJLd.gif
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!