Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO - Morrowind [INFO/TRAILER/PICS]

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Apollo wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    “Next chapter“ is the important wording here. Were Orsinium, IC, TG or DB announced as “next chapters“ or something like that?

It's only reasonable that we are talking about an expansion due to the lack of content in den last 8-10 months. When this thing will hit servers we hadn't had any content for over a year so it must be massive to count as an “excuse“ for the three or four quarters before without content.

Wait what? 8-10 months of no new content, what in Oblivion are you talking about

Dark Brotherhood was the last piece of content for this game. I don't count the Shadow of the Hist DLC as content (to call that a DLC is pretty laughable). One Tamriel didn't add any content it just opened it up and Homestead is no content. So yes, when Vvardenfell will hit the servers we had a year without proper content.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Okay, I'll bite. Why does the location worry you?

I see no sense to it. Why fly from the DC area all the way out to San Fransisco? They can announce upcoming DLC from anywhere. They can announce sweepstakes winners from anywhere. They can do a live internet stream from anywhere. So, what's with the frequent flyer miles? The obvious reasons would be around the idea that there is something in San Fransisco that can't be in Maryland, or there are more people that are part of this event that are from California than from the east coast, so it is cheaper to fly into California. The bulk of Bethesda and ZOS staff that would participate in this are on the east coast. I am just trying to imagine what, or who, is in California that is pulling Bethesda and ZOS to them, rather than the other way around.

These are great questions.

Didn't know about the trip to Cali till I got home from work, but this bit of info just made my other "questions" tingle..
    Such as why are they broadcasting "ESO-Live" on Bethesda twitch now? Will we get a surprise Cameo from Todd Howard to reassure us that ESO will continue to be awesome and he is watching? Could it be to prove that Bethesda is involved in ESO and they are going to contribute more to Zos?
    "Get a camera and record your reaction to our news"...THIS! Really has me curious. If they were giving us BAD news like F2P or selling, why ask to record our reactions? So they must think this is "Mind-blowing" news.
    And yes, I'm on the hype train for Vvardenfell.. Please be the news and please don't mess it up!

Not really last week on Eso live they said that future streams were going to be the Bethesda channel. They have been slowly putting most trailers on that channel all last year.
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild was released, Dark Brotherhood was released, Shadows of the Hist does count as DLC for the new dungeons, achievments and gear, not to mention it also adds a set of difficulty that many players wont bother to learn and Wrothgar. They are doing what they said they would do, 4 DLCs (and new content) each year. I'm quite happy with that
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bet I know what city everyone awaits - Suran:
    a_quiet_night_in_suran_by_theminttu-d3dx301.jpg
    Sovaso wrote: »
    Why this fake still not deleted?

Because it's not fake? Please stay constructive and not negative thanks.

Constructive is sometimes negative.

Quite frankly we dont know what this is. Calling it Vvardenfell is a bit clickbait.

Yes totally, no need to be rude though. He's posted several times it's fake already. Majority of us are very sure this IS Vvardenfell with the 15th anniversary of morrowind in may and since next update is scheduled around that time it would only make sense. Plus the volcanic teasers = Red Mountain. Plus the updated text "next chapter", continuing the story where we left off in Orsinium.

Not confirmed (datamined is no confirmation, only the developers and ZoS staff can confirm it for real because theyre the ones making the game). Wait for later today, then youll have your confirmation, if its a no, then I'm gonna laugh at all these posts. If it is, then good job, now to praying they don't butcher it.
    Well, it not confirmed indeed, yet. But all new game builds beside future crown sales allowed to find only 1 set of information that was upgraded each new major update - Vvardenfell, and here is no other info about any other update, beside "nord dungeons" that probably will be U15. So, here we hae rights to believe that it will be Vvardenfell. Beside zos already did implement on same way - to celebrate anniversary of Oblivion they added Gold Cost with those imperial cities there; and TES 3 was far popular and beloved than Oblivion was. Hopefully ZOS understand that not to ruin it is their top priority.
    If it will be huge expansion, well, there will be answer where did zos spend most of their resources.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 31, 2017 8:57AM
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Quite frankly we dont know what this is. Calling it Vvardenfell is a bit clickbait.

Yes totally, no need to be rude though. He's posted several times it's fake already. Majority of us are very sure this IS Vvardenfell with the 15th anniversary of morrowind in may and since next update is scheduled around that time it would only make sense. Plus the volcanic teasers = Red Mountain. Plus the updated text "next chapter", continuing the story where we left off in Orsinium.

Not confirmed (datamined is no confirmation, only the developers and ZoS staff can confirm it for real because theyre the ones making the game). Wait for later today, then youll have your confirmation, if its a no, then I'm gonna laugh at all these posts. If it is, then good job, now to praying they don't butcher it.
    Well, it not confirmed indeed, yet. But all new game builds beside future crown sales allowed to find only 1 set of information that was upgraded each new major update - Vvardenfell, and here is no other info about any other update, beside "nord dungeons" that probably will be U15. So, here we hae rights to believe that it will be Vvardenfell. Beside zos already did implement on same way - to celebrate anniversary of Oblivion they added Gold Cost with those imperial cities there; and TES 3 was far popular and beloved than Oblivion was. Hopefully ZOS understand that not to ruin it is their top priority.
    If it will be huge expansion, well, there will be answer where did zos spend most of their resources.

Pure speculation, the same can be said by so many things, not only in game but also in real life. And Gold Coast only added two known cities. The rest of Oblivion was in Cyrodill. And Morrowind being more loved than Oblivion is debatable, since it depends highly on views. I for once enjoyed Oblivion more than Morrowind. And just because you don't have information or "teases" about future content doesn't mean there isn't other possibilities. For example, there was no teases on Wrothgar until it was announced, the same works with this. FOr all we know it can be a whole new Daedric Realm (we have been into Quagmire a few times, they can use it and it fits well). Just speculation. Don't hype it, you can be disappointed, and then the developers will be torn to shreds by the community
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

House of earthly delights. I would call it Nirnly but hey, who am I to ask for immersion.
  • probablyafk
    probablyafk
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people thinking this is a CG trailer? What I see is a static image with 2D particles over it. I'm pretty sure you could whip that up from existing assets in an hour.

I hope there's another amazing Blur CG trailer ... but I highly doubt it.

So I'm just hoping the announcement is more than just another mediocre skill line, another bunch of random dungeons thrown into the huge mix of random dungeons, and a few meh quests in a kind of generic area. Things need a shake up. OT was kinda it ... but then the content just wasn't there.

ESO needs an *expansion*.
    Edited by probablyafk on January 31, 2017 9:01AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pure speculation, the same can be said by so many things, not only in game but also in real life. And Gold Coast only added two known cities. The rest of Oblivion was in Cyrodill. And Morrowind being more loved than Oblivion is debatable, since it depends highly on views. I for once enjoyed Oblivion more than Morrowind. And just because you don't have information or "teases" about future content doesn't mean there isn't other possibilities. For example, there was no teases on Wrothgar until it was announced, the same works with this. FOr all we know it can be a whole new Daedric Realm (we have been into Quagmire a few times, they can use it and it fits well). Just speculation. Don't hype it, you can be disappointed, and then the developers will be torn to shreds by the community

It not full speculations, our desires important but information was datamined from game itself, not from our imagination.
    1. Wrothgar and its developer map were datamined almost half the year before dlc. At least in russian community.
    StWobob.jpg
    2. Map of Vvardenfell and information related to it started to be datamined almost half year ago too.
    3. Based on those 2 assumptions it is logical to suggest that Vvardenfell will be this year, if not U14, than U15-16.
    4. Based on fact they they did tes 4 - related territory for tes4 anniversary, it is logical to suggest that they will make canon tes 3 territory for tes3 anniversary.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 31, 2017 9:09AM
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭

It not full speculations, our desires important but information was datamined from game itself, not from our imagination.
    1. Wrothgar and its developer map were datamined almost half the year before dlc. At least in russian community.
    StWobob.jpg
    2. Map of Vvardenfell and information related to it datamined almost half year ago too.
    3. Based on those 2 assumptions it is logical to suggest that Vvardenfell will be this year, if not U14, than U15-16.

Perhaps, its still called speculation, for nothing its confirmed, you got information that isn't official (what I mean by that is that it wasn't the actual developers who actually announced it) so its still considered speculation (well, that's debatable itself but since English is not my first language I'm having trouble at the moment to find a more appropriate wording)
    Edited by Mr_Apollo on January 31, 2017 9:07AM
    ~Brelin Geolas

~Lyris Titanborn

~M'aiq the Liar
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

StWobob.jpg
    2. Map of Vvardenfell and information related to it datamined almost half year ago too.

Perhaps, its still called speculation, for nothing its confirmed, you got information that isn't official (what I mean by that is that it wasn't the actual developers who actually announced it) so its still considered speculation (well, that's debatable itself but since English is not my first language I'm having trouble at the moment to find a more appropriate wording)
    Well, since English is my 3rd too, I not very familiar with definitions, but perhaps its indeed it called "speculation". However Logic and Reason - two dwemer gods, allowing us to hope that today it will become official info. :p
  • VoRaVeLi
    VoRaVeLi
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this so hyped up? Everyone already has been speculating this would be released q2. So like July... That's 5 months away.

The only reason to hype this up is if they were gonna release it in like a month otherwise it's just a lame way to try to stir up reactions from people... Get ready for the announcement of content that won't be released for another 5 months! You all excited?!?! lol...
  • modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed we're not going to look at an expanding crack for one hour of the stream tonight ^^
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We’re revealing something big tomorrow that you won’t want to miss!

I'll check in again tomorrow to see what all the fuss is about but my expectations aren't terribly high.

A lot of things are already strongly suspected courtesy of datamining so I'm not expecting anything new or surprising.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m betting ingame money this will contain the gearcap increase to CP180. Nobody will be hyped anymore after that :joy:
    Edited by Derra on January 31, 2017 9:45AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    indian-railways-is-one-of-the-worlds-largest-employers-with-14-million-on-staff.jpg

Can I squeeze in there on the hype train? :)
    Master Craftsman!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see no sense to it. Why fly from the DC area all the way out to San Fransisco? They can announce upcoming DLC from anywhere. They can announce sweepstakes winners from anywhere. They can do a live internet stream from anywhere. So, what's with the frequent flyer miles? The obvious reasons would be around the idea that there is something in San Fransisco that can't be in Maryland, or there are more people that are part of this event that are from California than from the east coast, so it is cheaper to fly into California. The bulk of Bethesda and ZOS staff that would participate in this are on the east coast. I am just trying to imagine what, or who, is in California that is pulling Bethesda and ZOS to them, rather than the other way around.

Didn't know about the trip to Cali till I got home from work, but this bit of info just made my other "questions" tingle..
    Such as why are they broadcasting "ESO-Live" on Bethesda twitch now? Will we get a surprise Cameo from Todd Howard to reassure us that ESO will continue to be awesome and he is watching? Could it be to prove that Bethesda is involved in ESO and they are going to contribute more to Zos?
    "Get a camera and record your reaction to our news"...THIS! Really has me curious. If they were giving us BAD news like F2P or selling, why ask to record our reactions? So they must think this is "Mind-blowing" news.
    And yes, I'm on the hype train for Vvardenfell.. Please be the news and please don't mess it up!

A cameo by Todd Howard would make sense, as he worked on Morrowind. He could be there to indicate that Vvardenfell will celebrate Morrowind's 15th anniversary, and declare that some members of the initial team worked to ensure that the legacy has been faithfully transmitted. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭

A cameo by Todd Howard would make sense, as he worked on Morrowind. He could be there to indicate that Vvardenfell will celebrate Morrowind's 15th anniversary, and declare that some members of the initial team worked to ensure that the legacy has been faithfully transmitted. :smile:

Wishful thinking...if only everything was that good..seems too good to be true
    ~Brelin Geolas

~Lyris Titanborn

~M'aiq the Liar
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Michael Kirkbride popping in in Vivec cosplay?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VoRaVeLi wrote: »
    Why is this so hyped up? Everyone already has been speculating this would be released q2. So like July... That's 5 months away.

The only reason to hype this up is if they were gonna release it in like a month otherwise it's just a lame way to try to stir up reactions from people... Get ready for the announcement of content that won't be released for another 5 months! You all excited?!?! lol...

July would be the start of Q3. Theyve typically released major updates in the second month of each quarter. So a May release for Vvardenfell would fall in the same month as Morrowind release 15 years ago.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

-- Imperium Thought for the Day
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lauradana wrote: »
    LOL Zenimax and take their new stuff and shove it where the sun do´nt shine, my family and I are doing better things tomorrow, namely starting Conan: Exiles

Have you tried it yet?
    It's awful.

Sandbox Survival games are so two years ago.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah.

But we can take some hope from the fact they are not flying to Austin to Bioware.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit may have obtained some draft script material for the event this evening yes:

Video plays - volcano erupts, lots of fighting, Altmer chick, no one knows what is going on, no visible khajiit, lots of undead things - "Red Mountain - ETA ? ... Soon."

Rich: Hello - wow these long pants are itchy. Well the video says it all I think. We'll tell you more later when Matt does his year ahead thingyummy.

Pete: - in lowered voice - *cough* free to play next week *cough cough*

Rich: I can't ... quite ... scratch that bit .... Could someone help out here?

Pete: *remains silent*

ESO music. The end.

Forums implode.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauradana wrote: »
    LOL Zenimax and take their new stuff and shove it where the sun do´nt shine, my family and I are doing better things tomorrow, namely starting Conan: Exiles

Have you tried it yet?
    It's awful.

Sandbox Survival games are so two years ago.

All The Best

Apparently you have tried. How's the combat, I read that it's rather clunky?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure is Vvardenfell ?....and not a new dungeon or trial, or Warden class?

I really hope to be something big....it is almost an year since we receive a new dlc ...and over an year since the most big dlc Orsinium launched.

Also I'm dreaming some day ESO will receive a real expansion...not a DLC :)
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definitly see Swarming Cliffracer nodes coming.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had forgotten about Suran and you reminded me of it ! What a great city I hope it's there

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think of the Cocteau Twins at first glimpse?

5t1enyh.jpg
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit may have obtained some draft script material for the event this evening yes:

Video plays - volcano erupts, lots of fighting, Altmer chick, no one knows what is going on, no visible khajiit, lots of undead things - "Red Mountain - ETA ? ... Soon."

Rich: Hello - wow these long pants are itchy. Well the video says it all I think. We'll tell you more later when Matt does his year ahead thingyummy.

Pete: - in lowered voice - *cough* free to play next week *cough cough*

Rich: I can't ... quite ... scratch that bit .... Could someone help out here?

Pete: *remains silent*

ESO music. The end.

Forums implode.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Laughed and cried.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is where I'm at. Why else are they flying to Cali? Why doesn't whoever or whatever fly to them? Because you don't summon God himself.