Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO - Morrowind [INFO/TRAILER/PICS]

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    I think I know what's coming ...

TELL ME!!

I'm not sure you wanna know ...

I demand you tell me right now! lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Skayaq wrote: »
    Pete Hines
    Change in business model confirmed. ;)

Also, source?

This would add quite a lot if turning into F2P. PvP will flourish :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

So will bots and gold sellers.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

So will bots and gold sellers.

True that!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS does Vvardenfell right I will forgive them for everything. Breton Hero costume, Elk price, Dro-m'Athra price, lack of content, even...... maybe, just maybe..... I might, might forgive them for the clown crates, Dumac take them. All i want in this game are Telvanni mushrooms. If I can get a Telvanni mushroom tower house I will flip. Twice. Thrice. I cannot contain the hype, I think I need help.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

Ohh I'm calling it (again).

ESO will pull a GW2.

It will release an Expansion Pack and make the base game free with accounts with different levels of access to stuff.
    Edited by Abeille on January 30, 2017 6:16PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am tired of pussyfooting around here! If it is a change in business model. If it is "F2P". What does that actually mean and why does that mean the end of ESO in any good terms?
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

From newsletter email:
    If you thought 2016 was a great year for The Elder Scrolls Online, it was only the beginning...

Join ZOS Creative Director Rich Lambert and Bethesda VP of PR & Marketing Pete Hines live on Twitch tomorrow at 19:00 GMT, January 31st and discover the next chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online.

Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

ESO will pull a GW2.

It will release an Expansion Pack and make the base game free with accounts with different levels of access to stuff.

GW2 is still very successful and still going strong! I'm excited!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »
    Watch they call it an expansion, so it won't be covered by ESO+ DLC access.

IDC if this is the case. I'll buy it twice if I have to. This could save ESO, unless they screw it up like nearly everything since Orsinium.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich said on Twitter he's gonna be wearing pants for the stream ...

This is serious! :D

Oh damn, they will be there? I thought they would just air a trailer. This is getting bigger every hour #Hype
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

ESO will pull a GW2.

This is actually the only way I can see such conversion working, with the worst way being simply dropping the box price like many other companies did.

GW2 has restrictions on its free accounts to heavily limit communication and trading, I imagine in an attempt of discouraging gold selling. It works to an extent, afaik (not as well was having a box price does, but oh well...).
    Edited by Abeille on January 30, 2017 6:20PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

Or maybe an announcement that there will be no more single player ES games and Bethesda will be working with ZOS on ESO from now on.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

Or maybe an announcement that there will be no more single player ES games and Bethesda will be working with ZOS on ESO from now on.

No no no no no no no ç-ç

That would make me so mad! Skyrim dropped so many plotlines! I need to know what happens after it D:

Meet my characters:

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Matt isn't going to be there it likely isn't a change in model.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Sovaso wrote: »
    Fake.
    Sovaso wrote: »
    Why this fake still not deleted?
    @Sovaso Whatever are you going on about? The teaser is real and certainly not fake. There's no confirmation yet of it being Vvardenfell, but given that it appears to be lava and Vvardenfell has been datamined, that's as good a guess as any.

Still fake lmao
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

No no no no no no no ç-ç

That would make me so mad! Skyrim dropped so many plotlines! I need to know what happens after it D:

I certainly hope they continue with single player. I doubt they would abandon single player.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

Doesn't seem likely to me since the game itself can be purchesed fairly low already. Wouldn't make much sense or benefit from it.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they are changing the Matt?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they are changing the Matt?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I don't think so, he said he was writing the Year Ahead article himself. Perhaps that's why he isn't going to be there, he's busy.
    Edited by Abeille on January 30, 2017 6:27PM

Meet my characters:

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now ZOS is hyping it up as well.

This won't be a DLC, it's too much hype. They did not tease us in this way before Orsinium, TG or DB. This is more than our usual DLC. I'm pretty sure it's the first expansion.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

haha nah

No way, Bethesda is the Golden Goose of Zenimax media. If it wasn't for Skyrim and Fallout 4 Record sales, they probably would have closed down ESO already..Fallout 4 sold 750 million dollars in sales in its 1st 24 hours...thats almost a billion dollars...ESO probably hasn't even grossed a quarter of that in over 2 years...

Todd Howard already said there will be TES6. He is working on 2 other things first, and these things they are developing will play a key role in how TES6 will be. They are also building in VR for Fallout 4 and that will probably be part of TES6 as well.

ESO will continue to exist as it does seperate and independent of the single player games. ESO takes place in the 2nd era Interregnum, so it in now way effects the single player games and ZOS has freedom there.

There is no way Zenimax media leaves 750+ billion dollars in sales on the table. it will come in due time.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally!

Dragons!

I'm so excited!
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

ESO will pull a GW2.

I wouldnt be happy about that.

But do they have a reason to go f2p.
    Existing model looks good, people play the game ZoS gets there money.
    Games usualy change model when the old one fails like ESO when it was a subscription based game.

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's been in the news that Zenimax (the parent company) is in a large legal battle with Oculus/Facebook...... Maybe Zenimax won and ESO..... IS GOING VR!!!!!!!!

VR PVP!!!!!!!!!!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean they say... "next chapter".

The Elder Scrolls Online --> Tamriel Unlimited --> One Tamriel --> Return to Vvardenfell (or give it another name)

The only logical way to call it the next chapter would be when we get an expansion and not a DLC. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it's been in the news that Zenimax (the parent company) is in a large legal battle with Oculus/Facebook...... Maybe Zenimax won and ESO..... IS GOING VR!!!!!!!!

VR PVP!!!!!!!!!!

I would totally get VR for this game. It wouldn't be very practical but I wouldn't care lol
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

ESO will pull a GW2.

This is actually the only way I can see such conversion working, with the worst way being simply dropping the box price like many other companies did.

GW2 has restrictions on its free accounts to heavily limit communication and trading, I imagine in an attempt of discouraging gold selling. It works to an extent, afaik (not as well was having a box price does, but oh well...).
    I've always thought they may be able to get away with, for example, having a free account which has limited zone access or limited levelling capability. Something that essentially works as a trial/demo.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

ESO will pull a GW2.

I wouldnt be happy about that.

But do they have a reason to go f2p.
    Existing model looks good, people play the game ZoS gets there money.
    Games usualy change model when the old one fails like ESO when it was a subscription based game.

I do not want it to happen, but if it happens (which is a real possibility), I prefer it to have heavy restrictions on the free accounts to try to reduce the impact of bots and gold sellers. GW2 put severe restrictions on trading and communication on their free accounts after they went Free-to-Play.

Last year, ZOS hired a person specialized on Free-to-Play transition strategies, which is why we got the Crown Crates now (which are a transition strategy, and F2P + RNG Boxes are a business plan on themselves).
    The first model change was (allegedly) so that ESO could release on consoles, due to a disagreement about how it should be done regarding to the existing XBox subscription. You don't have to take ZOS's word for it, though, but we can't really prove it was not the main reason.
    Pete Hines

Also, source?

ESO will pull a GW2.

I've always thought they may be able to get away with, for example, having a free account which has limited zone access or limited levelling capability. Something that essentially works as a trial/demo.
    Yeah, so, GW2 kinda has limited zone access, but as you level on your free account you open more maps. Eventually, you have access to the entirety of the base game (so none of the maps that came with the Expansion Pack).
    Here, a list of the restrictions:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts
    Edited by Abeille on January 30, 2017 6:42PM

Meet my characters:

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for whats coming? Who knows. It could be anything

From Battle grounds, to Vardenfell to F2P...we will find out tommrow B)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak