The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Things That Make You Cringe In-Game

• FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People who talk about and look down upon "casuals" like they are the plague
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Gough.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Forgetting I've turned auto-loot back on and hitting r to loot all and casting my ult. I is newb.

2. Stuga. I congratulate myself if I can get past her without hearing "Do you know how long I've been looking for you?"

3. Completing a quest in the MQ/FG/MG and being told I will be contacted later after they figure some **** out, just to walk out the door and be told the time is now. What's that? Sorry, going through a tunnel!
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, getting booted out or voice chat and then having your game cycle through chats every 6 seconds with that dinging noise is super gnarly. Nothing I did would fix it. Decided to just shut eso off for now lol.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling. Everywhere. If players insist on measuring each others ding-*** in pve zones rather than joining the war in cyrodiil, then just make a nice shiny arena for them.

They always duel at the Wayrest Wayshrine. That's not so bad, because it's not a quest area. However, one time I saw people dueling in one of the chapels, and since people have to go in there for quests that was an OH HECK NO.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE titles. You beat the computer, good for you!
    Edited by Isbilen on January 24, 2017 4:29AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    PvE titles. You beat the computer, good for you.

That's why I wear my "volunteer" title. It justs feels more manly, you know?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impale/Killer's Blade spam at full HP. :'(
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree to an extent. There are certain titles that I show respect to (e.g. Flawless Conqueror, Master Angler, Monster Hunter, etc.). The titles that show that you've dedicated some serious hours into the game, and really were persistent. I hold high regard for those types of titles.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    2. Stuga. I congratulate myself if I can get past her without hearing "Do you know how long I've been looking for you?"

Seventy days *****! You haven't been looking very hard, though, I've been standing outside the stables for sixty-nine of them.

Also: RPers who chose an illegal character build to make themselves feel special. Like ones who roll up a Wood Elf in order to play a breed of Khajiit not seen in game since 1994, or pretend to be a member of House Telvanni in good standing, or any number of other racial options that just simply don't exist in game.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also: RPers who chose an illegal character build to make themselves feel special. Like ones who roll up a Wood Elf in order to play a breed of Khajiit not seen in game since 1994, or pretend to be a member of House Telvanni in good standing, or any number of other racial options that just simply don't exist in game.

I really don't care about that, personally. You can give your character whatever backstory you like. That's what the RP in RPG is all about after all. It's when they go into the long, drawn out and overly dramatic exposition of their character's entire life story that I just kinda go "I'm out."

Seriously, there is such a thing as overdoing it. I stumbled onto some vampire RPers discussing how they were turned one day down in an outlaw refuge, telling stories (badly I might add) that would rival the tales of King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Thesnarkyshaman
    The 'English' accents. Particularly the southern cockney attempts for the Bosmer females. Aren't Bosmer already cartoonish enough?
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Going into Craglorn to run the Critical Mass daily (the mage spire quest with the three elements) and getting vicious and threatening whispers about what some 12 year old will do to me and my family if I "don't leave his XP grind spot in the next 30 seconds".

2. Releasing new motifs every four weeks and ZoS wondering why 99% of people choose to keep their end-game legendary dungeon-dropped gear and not re-craft something trivial with less stats. Make transmog/restyle a thing or stop making new motifs.
  • Yuukir_MapleBeaver
    Yuukir_MapleBeaver
    ✭✭✭
    -The lack of auction house
    -The lack of information about your group mates resources and buff/debuffs
    -The lazy dps/gear requirement "difficulty" mechanics of some bosses/dungeons
    -The single event NPC shared between the whole server's playerbbase making the server crash.
    -The terrible server performance in the last months
    -The groups where both DDs combine have a lower dps than the tank or healer alone
    -The terrible UI and Skill system where you sometimes need to press the key 5+ times before anything happens.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proccsets

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploits everywhere
  • Yuukir_MapleBeaver
    Yuukir_MapleBeaver
    ✭✭✭
    People who talk about and look down upon "casuals" like they are the plague

The Plague when they try to blame good players calling them out, instead of getting over their hurt ego and improving at something and not being a burden to everyone around them for once in their mag khajiit sword and board glass pea shooter life.
    Edited by Yuukir_MapleBeaver on January 24, 2017 9:22AM
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    N'wahs (except Nord n'wah)

TXLISQH0124Pop.png

It's just true.

...and now stay in line for city registration, dumb n'wahs.

Edited by Flameheart on January 24, 2017 11:47AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20. Using the Blade of Woe on an npc standing in front of a cabinet, performing the execute, then literally being locked inside the cabinet. I've had to teleport out many times because I was stuck in a chest, a wardrobe, or hutch. I have/bugged this but i'm not aware of anything changing. When I regularly made the rounds of the houses in Orsinium this happened so often that I now stand around waiting for npcs to move away from furniture.

Omg me too! Soo annoying lol
    NA PS4
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leothedino wrote: »
    1. Going into Craglorn to run the Critical Mass daily (the mage spire quest with the three elements) and getting vicious and threatening whispers about what some 12 year old will do to me and my family if I "don't leave his XP grind spot in the next 30 seconds".

Report them. Sure, they can't follow up, but screw 'em, that's what the report function is for.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leothedino wrote: »

Report them. Sure, they can't follow up, but screw 'em, that's what the report function is for.

Lol. Savage.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    What are some of the things you all see in-game that make you cringe?

For me it's:
    • Crystal Fragments "hard-casting" Sorcerers.
    • Nightblades who spam Surprise Attack constantly.
    • Magicka-based variants of classes outside of Templar who utilize DW.
    • People who constantly talk about "meta builds" and utilize them, but have absolutely no clue behind the build'a mechanics.

how do you know they are crystal frag hard casting? you do realize crystal frags is a morph right? great for single target, but in some sorcs build more for crystal blast to do more aoe d.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, if you have nameplates turned on, those are kinda cool. They're one of the few titles that get amended to the front of your name. So if you want a military rank as part of your name, that's the one way to do it, without actually making it part of your character's name.
  • watsbeef2
    watsbeef2
    Going off of something similar to what`s been said. When you are, or about to, loot a chest and someone pulls a mob right on top of you. Then while you deal with them they loot the chest and run off lol

People who expect you to just as amazing as them, or better, during dolmens, dungeons, and wb. God forbid you die
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's a game. But. Falling off from great heights. To below. Still bothers me lol. I'm not much fan of heights. Kinda weird bothers me in game.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who don't know about Michael Kirkbride
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »

For me it's:
    • People who constantly talk about "meta builds" and utilize them, but have absolutely no clue behind the build'a mechanics.

how do you know they are crystal frag hard casting? you do realize crystal frags is a morph right? great for single target, but in some sorcs build more for crystal blast to do more aoe d.

@AzuraKin ...Crystal Blast? What? I'll be honest with you. And sincere as well. I've been playing ESO since early beta. I've seen tons upon tons of obscure builds, and strange play-styles. But not once. Have I EVER seen anyone use the other morph. It has always been C-Frags. Always. Whether it was used by high levels, or lowbies starting off. It was ALWAYS C-Frags. If you've seen someone else use the other morph, or if you've done so yourself — then kudos to you. For I have never seen or heard of anyone doing so.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 24, 2017 7:12PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For me it's:

@AzuraKin ...Crystal Blast? What? I'll be honest with you. And sincere as well. I've been playing ESO since early beta. I've seen tons upon tons of obscure builds, and strange play-styles. But not once. Have I EVER seen anyone use the other morph. It has always been C-Frags. Always. Whether it was used by high levels, or lowbies starting off. It was ALWAYS C-Frags. If you've seen someone else use the other morph, or if you've done so yourself — then kudos to you. For I have never seen or heard of anyone doing so.

*Raises hand*

My summoner sorc uses Crystal Blast for its AoE and CC. Have since about a month after launch. It's handy for soloing stuff.

It looks an awful lot like Crystal Shards and Frags, too, so I suspect the point was... unless you're paying close attention, how could you tell the difference?
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Canopy campers" at the Iluvamir Dolmen near Vulkhel Guard.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For me it's:

*Raises hand*

My summoner sorc uses Crystal Blast for its AoE and CC. Have since about a month after launch. It's handy for soloing stuff.

It looks an awful lot like Crystal Shards and Frags, too, so I suspect the point was... unless you're paying close attention, how could you tell the difference?

I gotta give an insightful where it's due. Also, I can tell the difference because they'll hard-cast C-Frags a few times, then I use a few other skills. Once it procs, they'll use it. And I'll be like, "Umm... WTF?"
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 24, 2017 11:15PM