The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Things That Make You Cringe In-Game

• PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When somebody I like in game starts making racist or sexist comments...

Lol yeah that's a good one. I'm not necessarily directly offended ever but, one of those comments can easily make group chat a little weird.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The terrible cockney bosmer "accent". Seriously, I know this was used in the Elder Scrolls games but this needs to be changed. I don't care if it requires a freaking dragon break lore change.
    2. Watching everyone using the nearly exact same build-of-the-day ("meta" as the cool kids say). I'm just as guilty because it works but it does make me roll my eyes when I see a bunch of cookie cutter builds.
    3. Fake tanks. Tank can't/won't hold aggro, the bosses run all over the place, and they die from big attacks.
    4. Fake healers. The healer thinks they should dps instead of healing.
    5. In PvP when poisons and dots stack so many times it literally runs off the screen.
    6. When i'm instantly killed by someone's armor.
    7. When I can't get a pledge group either through advertising in capital zones or group finder. It's, like, "Is no one doing these anymore?"
    8. Flame wars in zone chat.
    9. The one guy who shouts commands/insults in zone chat in Cyr.
    10. When you're fighting monsters and some guy ninja grabs a crafting node or chest you were clearly about to loot (d*ck).
    11. Sitting around hoping someone will come by and help at a world boss.
    12. The guy in Craglorn that lets you fight the boss while they just run through and grab that quest item they need (d*ck).
    13. When you can't get both of your hireling mails in a single day because the timer is exactly 12 hours with no grace period.
    14. When you can't feed your horse because (I haven't done this in a while so maybe it's changed) the timer is exactly 24 hours with no grace period.
    15. The guy that ninja challenges people to duels.
    16. People botting.
    17. Terribly worded questions or comments in zone chat. I don't mean spelling mistakes. I mean the messages written in LOL-Cat. "What do you even mean!?"
    18. Faceroll builds.

I'm sure there are more but I ran out of ideas for now.
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on January 23, 2017 6:25PM
  • lehran
    lehran
    ✭✭✭
    14. When you can't feed your horse because (I haven't done this in a while so maybe it's changed) the timer is exactly 24 hours with no grace period.

Timer on horses is 20 hours, not 24. Still can be annoying though depending on what times you're available to play.

For me:
    1. Heem-Ja's voice. If only one of the numerous attempts to kill him in RoM actually worked...
    2. OVER THERE IT'S MEREEL
    3. "DPS" that spam light/heavy attacks and do nothing else. I'm built pure tank and pull dps parses only a mother could love; if I'm doing more single-target damage than you please re-evaluate your build choices instead of pretending everything is fine.
    4. NPCs that don't react differently at all depending on your vampire/werewolf status. There are a few that do, so I know it's possible, the only explanation that the vast majority of NPCs that could theoretically have different reactions don't change dialog is due to pure laziness.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N'wahs (except Nord n'wah)

TXLISQH0124Pop.png

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that map inaccurate. it's missing all the Fetchers.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you duel someone and kill them easily and they say "whoops wrong build" and throw a super duper poison on their bar..even though still rocking the same gear.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jim_Berry wrote: »
    Humatiel wrote: »
    The misconception that "play as you want" will allow you to complete all content no matter how fringe your setup might be.

It was viable at first, but with the changes to Race passives, and enemies having no levels (but they scale), that Magicka Templar who is a Wood Elf now needs to be changed (Race Change Token) to Breton. That, or create a new character, sadly. Bye-Bye fast Horse, Achievements, and other stuff.

Don't want to race change or start a new character, then people will harass you about how your character is trash.

I main a redguard templar healer, and to this date no one has said a thing about it. You either need to get good enough so racial passives barely matter, and/or find better people to group with.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seconded on the fecking awful Bosmer accent.

And on being killed by armour.

And the lag.

And if I'm honest, I am not overly keen on the Dunmer lands so feeling conflicted about the possibility of Vvardenfell....
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When any mob with a charging telegraph (big red carpet) completely ignores big red carpet while big red carpet is still active. Stay in your own lane you filthy welwa ***.

Livvy wrote: »
    Anyone in a Nordic Bather's Towel.

It's the 'leggings as pants' of Tamriel. I'm pretty sure there will be a lorebook in TES6 where it suddenly becomes fashionable again. Except to the Altmer. They think it is literally the worst.
    signing off
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that Burning Spellweave doesn't come in an actual PANT but a SKIRT or ROBE which are basically the same damn thing. The tunic looks nice but I don't want to be forced to wear a dress because the Daedra never figured out how to make pants.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the blade of woe animations, giving a vamp bite to another player.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The terrible cockney bosmer "accent"
    That's not Cockney. That's overcompensation.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    A majority of the voice acting, the cheerful personality, the vamp feeding animation...
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »
    The fact that Burning Spellweave doesn't come in an actual PANT but a SKIRT or ROBE which are basically the same damn thing. The tunic looks nice but I don't want to be forced to wear a dress because the Daedra never figured out how to make pants.

You can craft Daedric pants, but the Daedra are gonna have the last laugh at you in your skirt because you killed their cousin hundreds of times to get it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VoRaVeLi
    VoRaVeLi
    ✭✭✭
    The new undaunted orc dlc quest giver.

The voice is horrible she looks like shes never seen a day of battle....

When she says " The white gold tower " It sounds like shes about to start vomiting up blood....

Wish they would redo that quest giver.... lol... The voice over and the look is soooo bad.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rng.....training gear. Grinding for any weapon of a decent trait. Spamming crit rush, proc sets, trollpar healing, destro ult
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    19. Being clearly out of the red aoe and still being hit by it. This happens too often with siege fire and boss aoes. Normally it's not a big deal unless it's the instant kill boss aoe or you suddenly burst into coldharbour flames.
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on January 23, 2017 9:27PM
  • VoRaVeLi
    VoRaVeLi
    ✭✭✭
    Every time they release new crown store content to buy but no new actual content for the game.

Watching people on this forum complain about things and Zos ruining the game based on those complaints.

Example : Ic too hard ( Now you can solo wgt / icp ) / I can't do high enough damage to compete ( nerf players that learned how to play the game ) etc etc
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoRaVeLi wrote: »
    The new undaunted orc dlc quest giver.

...but it's titillating when she tells me "everyday you come." ;)

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20. Using the Blade of Woe on an npc standing in front of a cabinet, performing the execute, then literally being locked inside the cabinet. I've had to teleport out many times because I was stuck in a chest, a wardrobe, or hutch. I have/bugged this but i'm not aware of anything changing. When I regularly made the rounds of the houses in Orsinium this happened so often that I now stand around waiting for npcs to move away from furniture.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -The sound that Echatere pet makes (seriously, I just hate it!). For me, thats the most cringey sound effect in any game ever.
    -Crystal frag spamming or light attack spamming
    -Exploits and cheats going rampant
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on January 23, 2017 9:40PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    And if I'm honest, I am not overly keen on the Dunmer lands so feeling conflicted about the possibility of Vvardenfell....

Non-Morrowind N'wahs will never understand...
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21. "Hear ye! Hear ye! The threat to Koeglund village has ended." The town criers that stand in one spot not in the busiest part of town and repeat something that I accomplished two years ago.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stranger, may we speak?"
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »

P̧̼a̱̕n̰̯t͏̲̩͇s̷ ̴̬a̹r͙̖͎͘e͎͙̻͈̼̗̳͟ ͏͎f͏̤͚o̝͚͚̲̻̗r̶̬̘̬̣͍͓ ̱̖̞̞̦͖̕m̷̞o͚r͙̮͙̩̲̖͈͜t̯a͍̝͉̤̙l̞̖̲̩̪͠s̸̯̖̹͚.͚̕
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something that makes me cringe, or go bleh, is not a 'game' feature but player action - see a player having trouble with a fight and decide to help out, kill the mob and save the player... then get spammed with friend and group request's by that player. Player then gets all huffy and peeved off that I won't accept his friend request or stop what I'm doing to go help them do whatever they were doing (which is 99.99% of the time nowhere near where I was going).

Blah. Just because I helped you in 1 fight doesn't mean I want to be your friend, or stop what I'm doing to help you. I was just being nice and stopping you dying and either rezing at a wayshrine or using a soulgem. Pffft.

Won't stop me from helping anyone I see in trouble, but still makes me cringe when it happens. Kudos to those who say 'Thank you' and move on with there game tho! :)
    ----

Oh, and every time I go through Vhulkal Guard (spelling) and here that damned annoying male priest guy go "Hear now the body of the Divine"... every time I hear that I want someone to cut him down with that assassins blade skill (sorry, can't remember the name).
    o_O
  • Sylvis
    Sylvis
    ✭✭✭
    20. Using the Blade of Woe on an npc standing in front of a cabinet, performing the execute, then literally being locked inside the cabinet. I've had to teleport out many times because I was stuck in a chest, a wardrobe, or hutch. I have/bugged this but i'm not aware of anything changing. When I regularly made the rounds of the houses in Orsinium this happened so often that I now stand around waiting for npcs to move away from furniture.

You can turn off the dramatic close up animation, this has helped me avoid this problem. (Settings > Camera > Assasination Camera) I prefer to have it off now, as it's faster anyhow...some of the animations are pretty long.
    Edited by Sylvis on January 24, 2017 12:31AM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People calling other people nerds . I'm pretty sure non of us belly up to the bar after work and tell the barkeep about how awesome we are in ESO .

People talking about defeating zergs with their full raid . Common ...

Players that throw a emote hissy fit the auto decline for dueling is on while I'm shopping . Obviously I need pots or gear !

@Rohamad_Ali spacing before every stop . Triggers me . Every time .
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    People calling other people nerds . I'm pretty sure non of us belly up to the bar after work and tell the barkeep about how awesome we are in ESO .

People talking about defeating zergs with their full raid . Common ...

Players that throw a emote hissy fit the auto decline for dueling is on while I'm shopping . Obviously I need pots or gear !

@Rohamad_Ali spacing before every stop . Triggers me . Every time .

Deal with it . It's the only way auto correct makes me sound like I know how to spell English well and I don't feel like hitting the back space every time .
  • Eisenrose
    Eisenrose
    Soul Shriven
    The one that gets me every time even though I know now whats going to happen is that quest in The Rift called Scouting the mine.

Full agreement. I'd been derping around with leveling, thinking the game was pretty laid back despite the maturity rating, and then Tovia hit me like a ton of bricks. The voice acting of her hysteria was an especially 'damn Tamriel you scary' moment.