The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Things That Make You Cringe In-Game

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Xv1'd then tea bagged by the guy I rekt earlier when he was without his fellow zerglings.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian voices

(except for that one near the Bal Foyen guild merchant - I wish they all sounded like him! :D )
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Light-attack spammers, unkilliable frickin tanks in pvp, egos, Tremorscale, Viper, Viper, and yes, VIPER.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    PvE titles. You beat the computer, good for you!

Also people like this.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took my a while to think of anything :D

When people run around screaming in zone chat that they are selling their bites for 30k, as if that's perfectly acceptable.

Furthermore, when people pay for bites at all, that makes me cringe hard, just because they wasted their money before we could get to them in time to help. Although to them perhaps its not a waste, but they didn't need to make that investment, and a lot of people really do struggle to make money, especially at the start. But you can't help everyone sadly :(
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugs
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the assassin personality overrides the fishing animation.

Sheogorath

The jackal pet that eats rats. Poor ratty.
    Edited by max_only on January 24, 2017 11:56PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

I agree to an extent. There are certain titles that I show respect to (e.g. Flawless Conqueror, Master Angler, Monster Hunter, etc.). The titles that show that you've dedicated some serious hours into the game, and really were persistent. I hold high regard for those types of titles.

I gave up on Master Angler a year and a half ago when I was level 8 on my main character and I tried out fishing for the first time. Why? Because my very first "reel in" in ESO was used bait.

I have 5 Flawless Conquerors though! Out of 6 DPS characters. Might do it on a tank and healer for lolz.

Dro-m'Anthra Destroyer is a work in progress.

Try to beat Hard Mode Maw of Lorkhaj. You'll see that its harder than killing 90% of the players in Cyrodiil. As a matter of fact, competing for scores in vMA is more brain work than 1vXing a few people who don't have a clue about PvP. Before you call me a noob or anything, yes I do PvP a lot, no I don't play the FotM proc set or destro ult build. :smiley:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingaenion no!
  • trbrelinskib14_ESO
    trbrelinskib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    People always talking about BiS and meta builds. I don't really see how a small amount of higher numbers make the game more fun.
    Its not fun to play like every other player do. Almost always try to make my own build and out of the box. It make the game alot more fun. :)
    PVP:

-Jesus Beam spamming from 40 meters
    -Keeping jesus beam spam even after interrupts
    -zone chat (LF big group plz)
    -Permablock tanks (and "they don't deal any damage just ignore them" stupidity)
    -Proctards

PVE:

-Light attack spam
    -Double bar Bow
    -Using 2H
    -Play the way you want

So for PvE you like all to play with meta builds or what? Some people like to play bow builds :)

Completely agree with you! Play your own way. Don't be a sheep and follow everyone's "awesome" build ideas. Just experiment and play what works for you. There isn't just one choice when figuring out how you want to play your character.

And on that subject... I hate munchkin players... always min/maxing numbers and crap... This is a roleplaying game, not a spreadsheet. Play a character in the world as a character in the world... not some spreadsheet crunching thing...

And if someone tries to put you down for your character not being built right... whatever. I'll just ignore them. I have no desire to group with those kind of people.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That little lip on the top of inner keeps and outpost that you should be able to step over but you get stuck on >.>
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • trbrelinskib14_ESO
    trbrelinskib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    VoRaVeLi wrote: »
    Every time they release new crown store content to buy but no new actual content for the game.

Watching people on this forum complain about things and Zos ruining the game based on those complaints.

Example : Ic too hard ( Now you can solo wgt / icp ) / I can't do high enough damage to compete ( nerf players that learned how to play the game ) etc etc

Learned how to play the game...? or just exploiting a balance issue?

Number crunching is not "Learning how to play the game" That's just being a munchkin. If the game is designed so you have to completely run at 100% total max potential on any given class to overcome bosses and the like, then it's a poorly designed game. That's just stupid. The game is supposed to be fun and not just reward those that live on it. Content should be a challenge, but not so much so that the majority of people (the ones that don't live on it) can't overcome it. That's why I don't play Blizzard games... they suck at that crap.
  • trbrelinskib14_ESO
    trbrelinskib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

As if any title really matters? I really hope you don't tie your ego to how well you do in PvP...? Someone wants to use a title, then more power to them. No skin off my back if they fancy to be known for something.

It really doesn't impress me how well someone does in PvP. PvP tends to attract some very unsavory personality types that are typically immature. Not my cup of tea, thank you.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Bad DPS. Like when people just come in to a dungeon with like 300 cp and then spam rending slash and light bow attacks.

O and people who get antsy when you try and help them not suck ass but theyre like "I wanna play with a two-hander" and im like "theres 20 adds man you cant just spam wrecking blow and expect me not kick you."
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inconsiderate kids spamming zone chat for dolmen groups. Sometimes they don't even say what they're looking for, they just type

X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    C
    Y
    Z
    X
    gg
    X
    X
    gg

... over and over again. Oh my god, shut up.
  • Quantum_Knight
    Quantum_Knight
    ✭✭✭
    One phrase:
    "Nedras? A Thief?"

I hate going to the bank in Marbruk for this reason.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also people like this.

As if any title really matters? I really hope you don't tie your ego to how well you do in PvP...? Someone wants to use a title, then more power to them. No skin off my back if they fancy to be known for something.

It really doesn't impress me how well someone does in PvP. PvP tends to attract some very unsavory personality types that are typically immature. Not my cup of tea, thank you.

And I was starting to think that no one was going to bite.

2b7.jpg

Really though, PvE is eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaasy, and that goes for vMoL too!
    Edited by Isbilen on January 25, 2017 2:54AM
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    What are some of the things you all see in-game that make you cringe?

For me it's:
    • Crystal Fragments "hard-casting" Sorcerers.
    • Nightblades who spam Surprise Attack constantly.
    • Magicka-based variants of classes outside of Templar who utilize DW.
    • People who constantly talk about "meta builds" and utilize them, but have absolutely no clue behind the build'a mechanics.

how do you know they are crystal frag hard casting? you do realize crystal frags is a morph right? great for single target, but in some sorcs build more for crystal blast to do more aoe d.

@AzuraKin ...Crystal Blast? What? I'll be honest with you. And sincere as well. I've been playing ESO since early beta. I've seen tons upon tons of obscure builds, and strange play-styles. But not once. Have I EVER seen anyone use the other morph. It has always been C-Frags. Always. Whether it was used by high levels, or lowbies starting off. It was ALWAYS C-Frags. If you've seen someone else use the other morph, or if you've done so yourself — then kudos to you. For I have never seen or heard of anyone doing so.

i do use it on my mage sorc at times, its useful against zergs in pvp especially for ap farming. dont have to jump into the middle of them and hope you can get out without dying, yah right. or try to tag everyone with single target. i also use destro and restro skills. i actually change up sorcs bar more then any other class.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When theres a female in the zone chat and some of the dudes lose their composure.

Cringe.
  • JimBobMcKrakken
    JimBobMcKrakken
    ✭✭✭
    The extremely....slow.......fallllll........downnnn............aaaaa..............cliffsiiiiiiiide. Especially when it's about one meter down.
    "No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force." --Helmuth von Moltke the Elder.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao. You guys are a trip with some of the replies. So much truth, but so funny though. :D
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drunk NPCs. Drunk personality. Drunk players in Nordic Bather's Towel.
    But most of all, Merail Avani. If someone could arrange a little accident so he would just...disappear, I would be very thankful.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arriving in Mournhold or Elden Root, every time!
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Heem-Ja's voice in Ruins of Mazzatun. Whenever I hear it "I think I must throw up"
    - DDs that list as tanks in the group finder to get into a vet group fast
    - PVP noobs that steal the siege of another player to start shooting at a postern house; most ugly: stealing a cold stone treb
    - 20-man-PVP-groups racing down one single player and then t-bagging him as if they managed a major achievement

• Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    whisper
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healers and tanks who think their only job is to heal and tank, aka permablockers and mutagen spammers.

Also yes, when someone make a meta build and still dont have the dps, where I see their endless hail are not up for 10 sec, and they have no light attacks in their rotation - blames the weapon traits.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Heem-Ja's voice in Ruins of Mazzatun. Whenever I hear it "I think I must throw up"
    - DDs that list as tanks in the group finder to get into a vet group fast
    - PVP noobs that steal the siege of another player to start shooting at a postern house; most ugly: stealing a cold stone treb
    - 20-man-PVP-groups racing down one single player and then t-bagging him as if they managed a major achievement

I agree with 100% of all of this. Especially people who steal siege. That has been 1 of my gripes for years. It's so damn cringeworthy and frustrating. It's like, "Ugh! Just spend your own AP, and get your OWN siege!"
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last night I was reminded of one of the most annoying things people do-
    pull the boss to where their health resets. :angry:
    One idiot was standing in the doorway of the tribunes folly boss room, spamming heals and then would back all the way up in the hallway when he was attacked, resetting the boss...he did this twice and probably would've kept doing it had a tank not showed up to taunt the boss.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    One idiot was standing in the doorway of the tribunes folly boss room, spamming heals and then would back all the way up in the hallway when he was attacked, resetting the boss...he did this twice and probably would've kept doing it had a tank not showed up to taunt the boss.

When I tank a pledge, I will aggro the boss to reset health if impatient types start fight before the 2 key scroll is read. More work than wiping, but it sends a pretty clear message.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

I love when there are a couple of people fighting a world boss, and one lowbie realizes he's about to get rekt so he thinks running away is a good choice :|

The extremely....slow.......fallllll........downnnn............aaaaa..............cliffsiiiiiiiide. Especially when it's about one meter down.

and you hope no one saw you do it cuz its kind of embarrassing lol.

Argonian voices

(except for that one near the Bal Foyen guild merchant - I wish they all sounded like him! :D )

I like the ones that sound like Slingblade :)

NA PS4