Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things That Make You Cringe In-Game

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What are some of the things you all see in-game that make you cringe?

For me it's:
• Crystal Fragments "hard-casting" Sorcerers.
• Nightblades who spam Surprise Attack constantly.
• Magicka-based variants of classes outside of Templar who utilize DW.
• People who constantly talk about "meta builds" and utilize them, but have absolutely no clue behind the build'a mechanics.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything Lyris says or does.

The voice-acting of the wilderqueen.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and people who constantly discuss their "DPS Times" and the times of others. I cringe every time.
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that you really "can't" play the way you want in game. You are, in fact, forced to play certain gear and abilities in order to not get bullied, cursed at, /whisper attacked, kicked, or simply not invited to a group. Zenimax has not done enough to balance the math across all spectrums. Too hard? Too bad. Making a "damage cap" to aspire towards is a far better system which support the free-play style imho. Thus, not every player is running around doing the exact same freaking thing, with the exact same abilities and gear.
  • trinimacNcheese
    trinimacNcheese
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely hard-casting sorcs and sorcs that use daedric minefield in dungeons. Also people that spam bow light attacks.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loop of annoying pet animations/sounds
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little tiny raised sections in walkways , keeps & bridges that players cannot just step over & have to jump over even though it's lower than a step! Like... C'mon!! just step over it !@#!$
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS trying to turn an M-rated game into my little pony
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I missed the episode where they were sent out to collect the severed heads of their political opponents so the king could eat them.
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The misconception that "play as you want" will allow you to complete all content no matter how fringe your setup might be.
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking to the Bosmer.

Talking to the Dunmer.

Talking to the Altmer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Talking to the Bosmer.

Talking to the Dunmer.

Talking to the Altmer.

But not when the Argonians erect the spine of inappropriate sexual advances, or whatever other creepily specific spine they need for this conversation?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you go to Cyrodiil to get Vigor/Caltrops and 50 people zerg runs over you and 10 of them stops for t-bagging . I have Vicious Ophidian / Night Mother and Kragh . They can see my Minor Slayer buff in Srendarr ...
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep hard casting (I call it cold casting) crystal frags - so brutal.
    Spamming light bow attacks and calling yourself dps, brutal.

My biggest rage right now is people grinding in areas where people need certain monsters for a quest, but the mother******* grinders keep taking all the monsters. Oh, the best is when you need to weaken a monster but not kill it, and some complete [Snip] jumps in and kills your monster. Like goddamit how hard is it to take a different monster. That's the effing douchiest thing ever and I'm so mad right now even just writing about it.

All of shalidor's dialogue.

[Edit to remove censor bypass]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 23, 2017 2:55AM
    NA PS4
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I missed the episode where they were sent out to collect the severed heads of their political opponents so the king could eat them.

That's child's play :P
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bow light attack spam

Please end my existence
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The appalling jump mechanics.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking to the Bosmer.

Talking to the Dunmer.

Talking to the Altmer.

But not when the Argonians erect the spine of inappropriate sexual advances, or whatever other creepily specific spine they need for this conversation?

That's just our dirty minds interpreting it that way. Erect isn't a sexual word. "I erect the spine of gratitude." is just them saying "I'm grateful." in a much more formal way specific to Argonian culture.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talkin to dem dang scalebeks. They dont deserve to be lookin at me. I dun want to be doin nothin with their filthy spines of welcome.

Obviously joking ;)

In all seriousness, I really don't like doing many of the Argonian quests. I simply don't like their... Architectural choices. I would much rather stay in my nice Dunmeri city, thank you very much.
    Edited by MythicEmperor on January 23, 2017 2:15AM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players who run past everything on a quest, leaving a jumble of de-aggro'ed mobs running back toward you.

Kill all the things!!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep hard casting (I call it cold casting) crystal frags - so brutal.
    Spamming light bow attacks and calling yourself dps, brutal.

My biggest rage right now is people grinding in areas where people need certain monsters for a quest, but the mother******* grinders keep taking all the monsters. Oh, the best is when you need to weaken a monster but not kill it, and some complete [Snip] jumps in and kills your monster. Like goddamit how hard is it to take a different monster. That's the effing douchiest thing ever and I'm so mad right now even just writing about it.

All of shalidor's dialogue.

In similar regards, I hate when you have to loot x items, and they despawn after looting. I am always racing against 5 other players to get the same, limited items.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 23, 2017 2:56AM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking to the Dunmer.

Talking to the non-Dunmer N'wahs who must be subjugated for daring to gaze upon my righteous face.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX boasts
    How good is my build
    Any you tube videos
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Restoration staff that does nothing except glow when you are trying to use it to attack a monster or hostile NPC.

That irks me to no end.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS's desperate attempts to make Bosmer NPCs likeable.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The lost episode wherein Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack are vying for power.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @starkerealm Fallout: Equestria maybe?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks who don't dodge and got one shot by the boss, who thought his resistance and hp is enough.

Templar dps doing jabs multiple times and still can't kill a single 75k mob. Yet other dps already moved on, lol.

Whisper hate from people after you left a group dungeon voluntarily due to impossible dungeon runs.

Pc na
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    Things that make me cringe:

- People telling people that they shouldn't use single-target attacks.
    - People assuming every player under Lv15 is a new player.
    - Queue'ing up as a tank in a "II" or "Veteran" dungeon, but you're using a Destruction Staff, not even using Inner Fire.
    - People typing in "/say" but get upset when the group is too far to see the text.
    - People getting upset, typing about lack of communication, but that person isn't even in the Group Voice Chat.
    - People getting upset about people dying, but are always typing DURING battle.
    - Non-Templar Healers doing more dps than they are healing, then quit when people keep dying.
    - People thinking everything in dungeons can be burned (forget the mechanics).
    Edited by Jim_Berry on January 23, 2017 3:01AM
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    Ironside wrote: »
    The fact that you really "can't" play the way you want in game. You are, in fact, forced to play certain gear and abilities in order to not get bullied, cursed at, /whisper attacked, kicked, or simply not invited to a group. Zenimax has not done enough to balance the math across all spectrums. Too hard? Too bad. Making a "damage cap" to aspire towards is a far better system which support the free-play style imho. Thus, not every player is running around doing the exact same freaking thing, with the exact same abilities and gear.

Well, it took me two years to realize building my character as a PvE Thief/Assassin built my morale to play more. I rely on Activity Finder for dungeons, but outside of that, I'm solo'ing by doing bad things; stealing, killing, etc. to become a good Treasure Hunter for sources to fuel my main character.

That said, I CAN play the way I want. I just don't really take my Thief into dungeons unless I'm ready to swap some stuff around to do dps.
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    Humatiel wrote: »
    The misconception that "play as you want" will allow you to complete all content no matter how fringe your setup might be.

It was viable at first, but with the changes to Race passives, and enemies having no levels (but they scale), that Magicka Templar who is a Wood Elf now needs to be changed (Race Change Token) to Breton. That, or create a new character, sadly. Bye-Bye fast Horse, Achievements, and other stuff.

Don't want to race change or start a new character, then people will harass you about how your character is trash.