The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Things That Make You Cringe In-Game

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That quest where the hagravens cut the little wood sprites eyes out. That was cringeworthy.

The other quest when the real big Orc dude ran that huge sword through that guy picking him up off the ground. That one was brutal.

Some random was chatting about how noob I was dying on a vet CoA boss farm. That made me mad. So when he died because he's so awesome, t-bag corpse spamming Vigor and siege shield and light bow attacks. Then t-bag it some more.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Woody Allen joke (if you don't understand google woody allen, soon yi)

FVeAQ7E.png

• kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People always talking about BiS and meta builds. I don't really see how a small amount of higher numbers make the game more fun.
    Its not fun to play like every other player do. Almost always try to make my own build and out of the box. It make the game alot more fun. :)
    PVP:

-Jesus Beam spamming from 40 meters
    -Keeping jesus beam spam even after interrupts
    -zone chat (LF big group plz)
    -Permablock tanks (and "they don't deal any damage just ignore them" stupidity)
    -Proctards

PVE:

-Light attack spam
    -Double bar Bow
    -Using 2H
    -Play the way you want

So for PvE you like all to play with meta builds or what? Some people like to play bow builds :)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    People always talking about BiS and meta builds. I don't really see how a small amount of higher numbers make the game more fun.
    Its not fun to play like every other player do. Almost always try to make my own build and out of the box. It make the game alot more fun. :)
    PVP:

-Jesus Beam spamming from 40 meters
    -Keeping jesus beam spam even after interrupts
    -zone chat (LF big group plz)
    -Permablock tanks (and "they don't deal any damage just ignore them" stupidity)
    -Proctards

PVE:

-Light attack spam
    -Double bar Bow
    -Using 2H
    -Play the way you want

So for PvE you like all to play with meta builds or what? Some people like to play bow builds :)

I like to use bow builds. Lol. It's called Maelstrom Bow with Endless Hail and Poison Injection. That's where the bow build ends. :D
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling. Everywhere. If players insist on measuring each others ding-*** in pve zones rather than joining the war in cyrodiil, then just make a nice shiny arena for them.

Yeah, like my stamblade in divines VO is gonna duel you
    Edited by TheUrbanWizard on January 23, 2017 3:29PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Red Diamond, Red Diamond, something, something, something......".

YES! I hear this song in my sleep - pick another tune, you bard SOB.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    • Magicka-based variants of classes outside of Templar who utilize DW.

I hope you just mean DW on front bar. DW on back bar is pretty meta for magNB and magDK, if you have no ultra rare sharpened MA or Äther, BSW or Moondancer staff. The Sorc-Elegance-build is outdated, but for burning down stuff fast it was good once.

Edited by Flameheart on January 23, 2017 3:56PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    Accidentally walking into an ERP...

Ugh, nothing worse than seeing 2 Khajiit in their skivvies, jumping up and down on a bed while trying to loot the place... lmao :s
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything related to the Aldmeri Dominion
    Ayrenn's stupid face
    Altmer
    The color yellow
    Edited by Sigtric on January 23, 2017 3:41PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ironside wrote: »
    The fact that you really "can't" play the way you want in game.

The idea that "Play how you want," meant all build approaches would be viable for all content. Play how you want meant, near as I can tell, that no matter what your approach to the game, there would be endgame options for you. If you wanted to collect endgame gear, you didn't need to go to PvP or run Dungeons, you could craft, or farm drop sets.

It's not quite as true now, because there are things you simply cannot obtain, that are useful for your build, without running a lot of content you might not enjoy, but the general idea is still true. You can play the game how you want, you just need to tailor your build according to what you're doing.

You can play how you want...the problem isn't really that you have to use certain skills. The problem is you want to see all the PvE content and there are optimal builds. Since this is and always will be the truth people will always want those optimal builds since it should result in the most consistent level of results.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »

I hope you just mean DW on front bar. DW on back bar is pretty meta for magNB and magDK, if you have no MA staff. The Sorc-Elegance-build is outdated, but for burning down stuff fast it was good once.

I mean in general. I've always used Destro/Resto, unless it was my MagPlar. And once I got my Master Staves and Maelstrom Staves? Best believe it continued. Lol.

In fact, do you know how the whole DW for magicka builds came about? It came about from a PvP'er looking to do more damage, at the cost of sacrificing his sustain. It turned out to be quite effective, and this became the poster build for specifically MagSorcs. 2pcs. Torug's Pact swords. It was never meant to be used in PvE. But was adopted for GLASS CANNON builds in PvE after seeing just how effective it was. That is the origins behind the whole DW for magicka builds thing. There is actually a thread about it when it first emerged, but i have no idea where it's floating around at now (as it's years old).

Edit: Had to fix a word incorrectly placed. Damn autocorrect.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 23, 2017 3:57PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I'm a girl gamer. Give me free stuff plx! =^_^="
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »

I hope you just mean DW on front bar. DW on back bar is pretty meta for magNB and magDK, if you have no MA staff. The Sorc-Elegance-build is outdated, but for burning down stuff fast it was good once.

I mean in general. I've always used Destro/Resto, unless it was my MagPlar. And once I got my Master Staves and Maelstrom Staves? Best believe it continued. Lol.

In fact, do you know how the whole DW for magicka builds came about? It came about from a PvP'er looking to do my damage, at the cost of sacrificing his sustain. It turned out to be quite effective, and this became the poster build for specifically MagSorcs. 2pcs. Torug's Pact swords. It was never meant to be used in PvE. But was adopted for GLASS CANNON builds in PvE after seeing just how effective it was. That is the origins behind the whole DW for magicka builds thing. There is actually a thread about it when it first emerged, but i have no idea where it's floating around at now (as it's years old).

Issue is, it is still very effective in PvE when you don't need to park destruction skills on your back bar. I still use it on my magNB and my magDK (not on my Sorc though, because you need to set your Elemental Blockade on your back bar). Maybe the next patch will change that with the upcoming passive destro changes. You may already use a staff on back bar as a magNB now, because usually you play a mag NB as a ranged DD and just with a staff you are able to weave then. Depends on the fact if you are able to weave any skill not just your spamable or a few.

It's no rocket science. Equip 2 swords and look on your spell damage value.

Can't say anything about that in PvP, it's not my world.

Edited by Flameheart on January 23, 2017 4:05PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generals dressed in the heaviest armor in the game. Can't even see their bloody face.
  • JakelDK
    JakelDK
    ✭✭✭
    the frozen man
  • Azard
    Azard
    ✭✭
    Character's horrible screams after falling.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    stam based healers or healers that use a bow
    DPS that do nothing but spam Uppercut or Snipe
    magica class using great swords
    tanks with no shield in their inventory
    players below 100CP that complain about other's DPS
    players forming as group that require 500+CP when they only have 120Cp themselves
    players that want armor crafted and expect you to just give them everything
    any phrase in text chat that contains the word Exposed
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The final chest in vMA.

People telling me that stam builds aren't worth running in trials.
    The same stam DK telling me everyday how stam NB suck when I pull more DPS than them (last time I checked pulling 39.9k self buffed on a stam NB is better than 38k buffed on a stam DK).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    People spamming in zone chat selling things for ridiculous prices hoping that some idiot will buy it - something like "Want to sell Argonian Racial Motif for 10k" Ha! And even worse when somebody actually does buy it!
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who say cringe
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immaturity and narrow-mindedness. Same as in the forums I guess.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Restoration staff that does nothing except glow when you are trying to use it to attack a monster or hostile NPC.

That irks me to no end.

This is so annoying!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When a group of twelve magicka templars starts light attacking you with destro staves.

You know what's coming next. Just. Run. Away.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole wood elf meat mandate thing. Wood elves enforcing the green pact, when I am collecting plants. Rude orc guards. Abnur Tharn's snotty humor. Doge roll/vigor spamming back to full health in seconds.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks trying to run away from Dranos' power and spin attacks in CoS.
    That guy has the most predictable move pattern and is easiest boss to tank there.
    Edited by Sinolai on January 23, 2017 5:49PM
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into rawlkha and here some kid talking about "roasting" some random while he frequently uses the word lit. Super loud, can rarely talk over him.. Xbox kids man.

Or just today in Rawlkha some sorc keeps talking so much about the skins I don't have and, how I haven't been emperor only to last in the duel for like 5 seconds. Sorry bro, but that stuff really doesn't matter to me.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Red Diamond, Red Diamond, something, something, something......".

"... The heart and soul of men.
    Red Diamond, Red Diamond,
    Protect us 'till the end!"

I absolutely love that song lol
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When somebody I like in game starts making racist or sexist comments...
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    Also people that spam bow light attacks.

I do that sometimes when I'm kinda bored, lagging really bad and just farming mats. Which means I've been doing it a lot lately since I'm dealing with six to eight hundred ms ping on a regular basis this month, and that is something that makes me cringe.

I've been having it on a regular basis this month as well. The game is much more enjoyable to play when it's responsive and lag free. So annoying having to hit my abilities multiple times for it to work - or wondering why my weapon did not swap and I'm using the wrong ability. So if anything is cringe-worthy right now for me on this game it is this lag.

Honorable mentions are those who talk politics in zone chat. There are political chat rooms for that kind of thing.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JakelDK wrote: »
    the frozen man

I actually think his character had a certain charm about him. I have always loved the insane characters in the Elder Scrolls games, however, so maybe its just me
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner