The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Things That Make You Cringe In-Game

• Jaeme Diam
    Jaeme Diam
    ✭✭✭
    People that get what they want out of nodes and treasure chests and leave the rest.
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Berry wrote: »
    Humatiel wrote: »
    The misconception that "play as you want" will allow you to complete all content no matter how fringe your setup might be.

It was viable at first, but with the changes to Race passives, and enemies having no levels (but they scale), that Magicka Templar who is a Wood Elf now needs to be changed (Race Change Token) to Breton. That, or create a new character, sadly. Bye-Bye fast Horse, Achievements, and other stuff.

Don't want to race change or start a new character, then people will harass you about how your character is trash.

You're running into a bit of a cyclic issue, so lets assume that anyone at ~30k or higher unbuffed has achieved there goal as a dps. For a player to hit those numbers they need a good solid sense of both rotation and class, which to find a player willing to devote enough time to master that you're almost always going to find them dedicated enough to roll a new toon or a race change. Now the important distinction here is that it isn't "needed" but depending on how subpar the race is the better the player has to be to make up for it.
    Edited by Humatiel on January 23, 2017 3:13AM
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People calling other people nerds . I'm pretty sure non of us belly up to the bar after work and tell the barkeep about how awesome we are in ESO .

People talking about defeating zergs with their full raid . Common ...

Players that throw a emote hissy fit the auto decline for dueling is on while I'm shopping . Obviously I need pots or gear !
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone in a Nordic Bather's Towel.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown
    Crates
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camel spit.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wandering into a building, seeing disturbing text chat, realizing I've stumbled into someones ERP session.

• NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading posts about people talking about my little pony makes me cringe hard
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    "Quick Travel to Dungeon" [F]

*Press F*

Loading again..... (Huh??)

"Your group has voted to kick you from the group"

"You have queued to recently. You can queue again in 14:56"
    Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people show a 1vX clip and before the battle they run around jumping up and down like smug little turds.

So satisfying beating said person in a 1v1. Jump little bunny because you're going to die and your stupid jumping ain't gunna save you.

Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on January 23, 2017 4:11AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironside wrote: »
    The fact that you really "can't" play the way you want in game.

The idea that "Play how you want," meant all build approaches would be viable for all content. Play how you want meant, near as I can tell, that no matter what your approach to the game, there would be endgame options for you. If you wanted to collect endgame gear, you didn't need to go to PvP or run Dungeons, you could craft, or farm drop sets.

It's not quite as true now, because there are things you simply cannot obtain, that are useful for your build, without running a lot of content you might not enjoy, but the general idea is still true. You can play the game how you want, you just need to tailor your build according to what you're doing.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That poor guard when you arrive via wayshrine outside Abah's Landing. He seeks rest, but is only able to squat, his backside several feet away from what he intended to sit on. His thighs grow stronger with each day, but his struggle will never end. :anguished:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    Wandering into a building, seeing disturbing text chat, realizing I've stumbled into someones ERP session.

I've been there, man. I feel your pain. Fortunately, I don't also feel your ***. I'm told with time, and sufficient therapy, the horrors I've witnessed will fade from memory.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Well that was unnecessary, and hilarious censorship. Well played word filter, well played.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clown Crates
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people who send hate mail saying you got lucky when youve killed them 8 times in a row in under 5 minutes, like pls remove yourself from the area
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone chat, but it can also make me laugh.

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on January 23, 2017 5:12AM
    PC | EU
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hitting the jump button while mounted n being dismounted for a bug or fishing hole LUL.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People talking politics in zone chat?
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Rawk'ka, the irritating voice of that NPC who is repeatedly sentencing someone to the stocks. I have to turn the sound down to shut her up.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Various RPing tryhards that can't get over that it's a game (don't have issues with RPers in general, however there's a vocal minority that just needs to quit the game).

ElderStocksOnline (seriously, I'm not going to buy your alloys at 8k)

Sorcs who hardcast frags (seriously, if you're a TRIBUNE and Hardcasting frags? NO. OUT.)

Radiant Oppression spammers in Cyrodiil. You have other skills.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Various RPing tryhards that can't get over that it's a game (don't have issues with RPers in general, however there's a vocal minority that just needs to quit the game).

Especially the ones that freak out when you're entering "their" territory. Like a crafting station, because you made the horrific mistake of intending to use it.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players that keep repeatedly spamming "lfg" and / or "please invite" in /zone or /say chats while running next to you in the Imperial City or Cyrodiil even though your lack of communication and attempts at hiding the bosses / throwing them off the trail / letting them get killed should indicate that you're not interested in partnering up with these peasants.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That glitch where people look like they're running ON TOP of their mounts, while riding mounts. :s
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    The people running around in heavy armor light attacking NPCs with a greatsword thinking they're in Skyrim. :s
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    people who send hate mail saying you got lucky when youve killed them 8 times in a row in under 5 minutes, like pls remove yourself from the area

See that and raise you: People who send hate tells because you were running a quest through their grind path and screwed up their farming loop.

I still remember some little idiot in Wrothgar that just kept messaging me. I figured after the first few he'd be done, so no point ignoring them, but the messages kept coming intermittently for a good five or six minutes, before I finally decided that, "no, really, this one is not the last thing he's going to send me," and put him on ignore.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Death recap showing one skill and he rest as PROC SETS !@#$
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    That glitch where people look like they're running ON TOP of their mounts, while riding mounts. :s

Ah, that reminds me! Lately I keep having this glitch where my character who uses the commander personality gets on their mount, then sits straight up with their hands tucked behind their back as if they're still idling normally on their feet, then stays that way while their mount gallops at full speed.

I wonder if this weird, intensive core workout is related to the running glitch....
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    everything

but if i were to give an example, it's not really an ingame thing but when i see someone try to justify something with a lore or realism argument i feel the literal physical embodiment of cringe

e.g "in lore dragonknights should be the most powerful class because they embody dragons"

actual physical complaint i saw during the big DK nerfs early on
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved