Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why is nobody talking about the rakkhat cheese

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as far as people worrying so much about the leaderboards being corrupted is already been corrupted by players using "animation canceling" to boost up their DPS.

Lets talk about that shall we? Animation canceling isn't a skill but an exploit to further advance your position in the ranks.

I would like to see a clean leaderboard of players who don't use this exploitation but rather use real skills.

I use a skill and weapon swap in its animation, making it an animation cancling. This is not something I exploited, this is something that came with time, and after doing 10 billion times my rotation, its pure natural for me to do this. Are you telling me Im not allowed to press my weapon swap too early? Are you telling me that I have to move my character out of springs, standards, vigors, ilambris, grotdarr's etc to have a good and clean overview of my character, wait for the animation to be fully complete, then weapon swap?

"Animation cancelling" are not exploit, its pure l2p. And its one of the reason why good players who played end game content in other games comes to eso, because its actually skillbased and not hack and slash.

Nothing to do with Macros then?

Not sure if I understood your question, but are you accusing me for using macros because I am able to have a reaction time on my weapon swap button that is faster then these slow *** animations like endless hail, flames of oblivion etc?

Wow, casuals never stop surprise me XD

Typical PC Players...assume everyone who isn't in their groups a casual.

It's pretty certain that most of you are just macroing the *** out of the game, may as well just have a bot do your rotation for you.

And please stop considering it skill....it's a game...

That's right...it's just a game, you haven't made it in life by getting Dro martha destroyer, No one is going to sit around you watching weapon / skill swaps in a blink and go whooooo Bruh you got sum mad skills... Nope......it's a game...sitting there pressing buttons all day long just memorizing when to do what (or macro it) isn't skill.

Typical console player assuming everyone on PC cheats and uses Macros?

I agree that macro use is a problem in certain circumstances. I think the most prevalent place where I am conviced macro use is wide spread is gankers that hit a long burst macro from stealth. They push a button and either get a kill or run for their lives.

Trying to use macros in a competitive raid is pretty self defeating. Have you tried VMOL HM? The number of times you need to break your rotation to block or cast a shield is mind boggling. Macros commit you to a sequence of events and would be a death sentence in a place like this.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 20, 2017 6:55PM
  • bkTruth
    bkTruth
    Soul Shriven
    Fix this exploit thank you bye @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    And as far as people worrying so much about the leaderboards being corrupted is already been corrupted by players using "animation canceling" to boost up their DPS.

It is time to ban those animation canceling scrubs plix plox :trollface:@ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Alcast on January 20, 2017 6:15PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets talk about that shall we? Animation canceling isn't a skill but an exploit to further advance your position in the ranks.

I would like to see a clean leaderboard of players who don't use this exploitation but rather use real skills.

I use a skill and weapon swap in its animation, making it an animation cancling. This is not something I exploited, this is something that came with time, and after doing 10 billion times my rotation, its pure natural for me to do this. Are you telling me Im not allowed to press my weapon swap too early? Are you telling me that I have to move my character out of springs, standards, vigors, ilambris, grotdarr's etc to have a good and clean overview of my character, wait for the animation to be fully complete, then weapon swap?

"Animation cancelling" are not exploit, its pure l2p. And its one of the reason why good players who played end game content in other games comes to eso, because its actually skillbased and not hack and slash.

Not sure if I understood your question, but are you accusing me for using macros because I am able to have a reaction time on my weapon swap button that is faster then these slow *** animations like endless hail, flames of oblivion etc?

It's pretty certain that most of you are just macroing the *** out of the game, may as well just have a bot do your rotation for you.

That's right...it's just a game, you haven't made it in life by getting Dro martha destroyer, No one is going to sit around you watching weapon / skill swaps in a blink and go whooooo Bruh you got sum mad skills... Nope......it's a game...sitting there pressing buttons all day long just memorizing when to do what (or macro it) isn't skill.

Typical console player assuming everyone on PC cheats and uses Macros?

I agree that macro use is a problem in certain circumstances. I think the most prevalent place where I am conviced macro use is wide spread is gankers that hit a long burst marcro from stealth. The push a button and either get a kill or run for their lives.

Trying to use macros in a competitive raid is pretty self defeating. Have you tried VMOL HM? The number of times you need to break your rotation to block or cast a shield is mind boggling. Macros commit you to a sequence of events and would be a death sentence in a place like this.

Yeah, probably proc-ganking is the only thing where macros could be really benefiicial (because they can shoot all the procs a bit faster than they normally could).
    Other than that... Well, yeah, trying to macro a rotation is a death sentence in situations where you might need to block/shield asap.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on January 20, 2017 6:15PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If its just a game, why are you here raging ? :)
    Thanks for the compliment btw, thinking I cheat when its pure skill, made my day really :)

Also, some people have a reason to have pc game as a hobby and enjoy improving themself everyday. I used to have a healthy life with workout and music as hobby until I got affected with a virus in my body that make my immune system not working properly, and my energy level each day are limited. I do have good friends and a good life, and my work as an ROV supervisor are currently on hold due to this, but thanks for understanding my situation and telling me I haven't made it in life :)

I'm not raging at all, where am I in here crying for a fix and wondering where their "noobfilter" is?

Yeah btw everytime someone makes a comment like mine, someone always replies with an answer like yours, I have some illness bla bla bla. heard it all before. Doesn't make me feel bad at all. When someone comments on you about a game don't drag RL shite in, you get no sympathy.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

How is it an exploit when ZOS has said several times that animation canceling is ok, it was unintended but not something they will remove.

This is the closest to the truth of what they said, that I've seen in a while.

It's taking advantage of a bug in the game to fit more attacks into a few seconds than the attacks are supposed to take. Said another way - Attacks have a programmed duration, and using a certain method you can get one attack to begin before another attack has completed, glitching your way around the programmed durations.

Technically, using that is exploiting a glitch to make 6 seconds of attacks fit into a 2 second window.

Zeni didn't say it was ok. They said that removing the ability to glitch past their decision on attack durations would bring more of a reaction from the players than they wished to have.

In short, it's an exploit that became so widespread that fixing it would make too many people cry. So they choose to tolerate it. Tolerating it does not mean condoning it or endorsing it or that it was intended - it wasn't.
    Xbox NA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

How is it an exploit when ZOS has said several times that animation canceling is ok, it was unintended but not something they will remove.

It's taking advantage of a bug in the game to fit more attacks into a few seconds than the attacks are supposed to take. Said another way - Attacks have a programmed duration, and using a certain method you can get one attack to begin before another attack has completed, glitching your way around the programmed durations.

Technically, using that is exploiting a glitch to make 6 seconds of attacks fit into a 2 second window.

Zeni didn't say it was ok. They said that removing the ability to glitch past their decision on attack durations would bring more of a reaction from the players than they wished to have.

In short, it's an exploit that became so widespread that fixing it would make too many people cry. So they choose to tolerate it. Tolerating it does not mean condoning it or endorsing it or that it was intended - it wasn't.

They did tho. @ZOS_GinaBruno confirmed that during one of ESO Live episodes.

PC/EU
  • o0Velius
    o0Velius
    ✭✭✭
    its about that time for us to complain about something other then pvp and the horrific lag outs;
    Main Tank For
    Difficulty Increased
    [/b]

PC : @o0Velius

Xbox One. GT: oo Velius
    [/center]
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvErs ugh really killing npcs skin and a title who cares

It´s the equivalent of having a glitch allowing people to become grand overlord in a day. Go figure.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• modaretto
    modaretto
    ✭✭✭

although it's "just a game" it's actually people behind the computers and you can learn a lot about a person from a video game believe it or not.

accussing others of cheating in game because you lack the SKILLS, yes skills :) also tells a lot. it's difficult to fail at a game...just saying
    Watches-the-wind (Templar healer) / PC EU

Dragon's Crest
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but...

That's not how it works.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    soll wrote: »
    So let me get this straight......

Exploiting the poor coding in this game by expanding your DPS through animation canceling is good yet it's an abomination and violation to exploit the game the same way to get a title and a skin?

The irony.... THE IRONY!

How many of you guys exploited the game through animation canceling to get your vmol skin and title? How many months did it take you to master the ultimate cheat in this game of animation canceling? I know Alcast and Deltia did and both of them made videos on how to cheat in ESO by educating new players to exploit this treachery yet ZOS encourages this kind of behavior.

Oh and before anyone here tells me that ZOS allows animation canceling.... It's nothing more then a public confession that their unable to fix this exploit, and therefor made this exploit legal.

One last thing...
    Why does it offend you so much to see that a low level CP wearing the vMOL skin and wearing the title? If it offends you that much to the point where your blood pressure starts to become high then I would recommend you go seek psychiatric help since it causes you to have a life crisis just by looking at the player in the game.

are you trolling or for real? Can't be sure. Animation Cancelling is CHEATING. such a poor justification of your own. If you can be interrupted while instant cast who the hell want's to play like this?

exploits of cancelling channeling attacks like uppercut is another topic to discuss though.

but yea, end game rewards for free is totaly fine, let's spit in the face players, guilds, who did it with actual skill.

fe5e0a0df40820890bb5ada1e4e36986.gif

Idk whats wrong with some people on forums. They hate competitive players so passionately, that theyre happy when there's some bug or glitch that ruins leaderboards/allows to get the loot in downscaled trial/etc. I dont even understand the logic behind it.. Those people just play how they want, isnt that what casual players value so much?
    But when someone scams them with trade bug or kill repeatedly by spamming ult in pvp, they will be the first to cry on forums.

I don't hate competitive players because I'm one myself. I just hate it when I'm punished by not accepting an exploit to be part of my rotation that will grant me an additional DPS. As a result of me rejecting this so-called "Animation canceling" cheat has cost me my role of being in Core because I'm unable to pass the Core DPS test... which in a lot of raid guilds requires you to be part of the vMOL raid.

Perhabs if other competitive players wouldn't be such an elitest and let other people have the chance to experience vMOL then perhaps desperate people wouldn't go out of their way to cheat to get the skin/title.... or risk being scammed out of millions of gold by paying for their skins/titles.

They've confirmed that animation cancelling isnt an exploit.
    Actually, its present in many games and also isnt considered as an exploit, unless you're using macros.
    And most importantly, being able to weave doesnt even guarantee that you can beat any trial.
    As for selling titles/skins... I dont support that, and have never participated in such runs. In any case, why anyone would be able to wear the title they havent earned? The skin isnt even that fancy, its just a "I've done vMoL" badge.
    Btw, there is a problem with those who bought vMoL skin and are bragging how awesome they are. There's one guy on EU who was one of the first people to buy a skin. He was then acting horribly arrogant and elitist, pretending that he beat vMoL and he's now super awesome (ofc he "forgot" to mention buying the skin).
    Its a well-known fact that those "pug elitists" usually arent even good players. If this exploit works, it will give them something extra to brag and back up their claims... Its more of a social issue ofc but there's that.

Developers can be wrong too. Their not always right.

Animation canceling will always be an exploit... a cheat no matter how many people want to make an excuse. It is not part of the game but as a source of cheat to get better DPS scores. It's an abuse of system mechanics as animations are essential part of the game mechanics.

Animation canceling is part of the reason why this game is so unbalanced. Cheaters who uses animation canceling gets further ahead, and get better scores while other players who wants to play the game right gets abused, and gets left behind. This is why I refuse to pvp in this game.
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/ThZtwhYkKSs
    Edited by bitels on January 20, 2017 6:32PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow . Animation cancelling is considered as cheating now ? Really ? So , timing my light attack perfectly between 2 skills is cheating . Ban me please . Ban everyone in leaderboards .

About macros , whoever uses macro are kidding themselves . You cannot even use macros while in a trial . So many mechanics want you to block , roll dodge , shield and break rotations in lots of ways . Anyone who uses macros will do worse than someone who don't use macros . It is just simple logic . Macros are mainly used in PvP for ganking . Nothing else .

Just want to mention again , animation cancelling was unintended but ZOS said it is ok (see post above me for proof) . Unless ZOS says it is ok to cheese Rakkhat in HM , anyone who does this exploit should be banned .
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well... :#
    ZOS needs to start banning exploiters or something. Cause EVERY glitch or exploit goes viral at the moment its discovered, because people know there wont be any consequenses.
    Thats pretty disheartening, really.

I think if there are enough people doing this, easiest solution is GEAR REMOVAL for said gear or item that was achieved during said content. Replacing said item if gear with appropriate item for said character level.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    bitels wrote: »

*insert all the howls of rage and anger aimed at Wrobel here*

Can't have it both ways, folks. It makes you look like drooling goons.

Edit: seriously, is there *any* developer that receives more hate and insults and accusations of mental incapacity on this forum than wrobel?
    What a Black&Whte mentalitiy. I can agree with someone on a certain subject and disagree on others. And on this specific subject I whole-heartedly agree with Wrobel and I have no understanding for those clowns who play a game, where they HATE a core mechanic of the game and complain and call other players names on the forums, instead of moving on.
    You don't make the decisions and this decision has been made 2 years ago. Get along with it or gtfo.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's more interesting to play, force pulse force pulse force pulse or force pulse light attack force pulse light attack force pulse.

Animation cancelling makes rotations 100% less boring, i'm sorry you don't see it that way.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    "You get a skin" - "You get a skin", YOU get a title.

Lol... How sad.

wait. Are they doing this glitch in hardmode as well? If I see one noob with dromatra title, thats it for me.. seriously, its the only noobfilter we have.

Yea you also get the title, it's pretty sad. I've never done it myself but I do feel bad for the people who actually spent time doing it just to see a 300cp with it.

No way. Please tell me this isn't true...

It's true, obviously no information or *videos* - hint, will be posted on forums as this is a major rule breaker.

In fairness this thread should of been locked ages ago.

the reason it wasnt locked is because i didnt explain how to do the exploit, i didnt explain the positioning, ect
    all i did was say there is an exploit
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those titles are REWARDS for many hours of hard work put into this trial- a hardest content that ESO have to offer. And those rewards are becoming now worthless becouse of the exploiters. And you ppl are shocked that players who earned it in normal way are angry?
    Not shocked. Not at all. It's just painfully obvious that the enraged people in this thread who say they care about improvement, actually care more about feeling superior to others and being able to show it off. They probably need it to compensate for 'something'. They are enraged because they feel they can no longer show others they are better. Their ego is threatened.

If to them it actually was about the achievement and the many hours of hard work, they wouldn't be butthurt about other people getting it through an exploit. I mean, the achievement doesn't disappear from the past, now does it? You can still feel satisfied about what you achieved.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DschiPeunt wrote: »

Edit: seriously, is there *any* developer that receives more hate and insults and accusations of mental incapacity on this forum than wrobel?
    What a Black&Whte mentalitiy. I can agree with someone on a certain subject and disagree on others. And on this specific subject I whole-heartedly agree with Wrobel and I have no understanding for those clowns who play a game, where they HATE a core mechanic of the game and complain and call other players names on the forums, instead of moving on.
    You don't make the decisions and this decision has been made 2 years ago. Get along with it or gtfo.

And yet animation canceling was such a 'not exploit' that they had to change the timing of some animations so that they would at least show some portion of an attack, so people who were on the receiving end of the total 'not exploit' would not get hit with attacks that never showed up on screen at all.

Words are cheap. Actions speak louder. And zeni's actions to blunt the effect of animation canceling speak more loudly.

If you want to forfeit the chance to make your own determinations, and instead choose to cling to the label of 'not exploit' just because it suits you this time, that's your call. Just don't expect everyone to swallow the 'not an exploit' words when the actions of Zeni tell a different story.

No matter what you say, you cannot honestly deny that there were changes made to animation timing to make sure that people could not exploit it to the extent of hiding entire attacks. This was during the time that the old wrecking blow could be entirely hidden behind a heavy attack or a brawler swing. Landing 4 attacks in the time it takes for 2.
    Xbox NA
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Those titles are REWARDS for many hours of hard work put into this trial- a hardest content that ESO have to offer. And those rewards are becoming now worthless becouse of the exploiters. And you ppl are shocked that players who earned it in normal way are angry?
    Not shocked. Not at all. It's just painfully obvious that the enraged people in this thread who say they care about improvement, actually care more about feeling superior to others and being able to show it off. They probably need it to compensate for 'something'. They are enraged because they feel they can no longer show others they are better. Their ego is threatened.

If to them it actually was about the achievement and the many hours of hard work, they wouldn't be butthurt about other people getting it through an exploit. I mean, the achievement doesn't disappear from the past, now does it? You can still feel satisfied about what you achieved.

The fact that you assume that says more about you than about these people...
    Im against all kinds of exploiting, even if it doesnt affect me personally.

PC/EU
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭

So, if your coworkers (I assume you have a job, since you are such a role-model to all of us) earn the same as you, but do half the work, you're cool with it, since you get your paycheck nevertheless?
    Some people (like me) try to excel at everything they do, including gaming. Having the achievement/skin/title is the reward we get and we want others to earn it as well. Who do you think you are judging me?
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even More comments have been removed from the thread. We understand that such topics can have emotions running wild but we expect everyone to still be civil and respectful of one another and of course to follow the community rules.
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on January 20, 2017 7:26PM
    Staff Post
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lets put it this way:
    you write a paper for a class and its long and you spent weeks working on it getting better words in there and you get an A in this tough class bc you put time and effort
    then this chick who did nothing all semester gives the prof head and gets an A

or you build the eiffel tower and someone else gets to put their name on the list of workers who built it but they didnt do anything
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DschiPeunt wrote: »

And yet animation canceling was such a 'not exploit' that they had to change the timing of some animations so that they would at least show some portion of an attack, so people who were on the receiving end of the total 'not exploit' would not get hit with attacks that never showed up on screen at all.

Words are cheap. Actions speak louder. And zeni's actions to blunt the effect of animation canceling speak more loudly.

If you want to forfeit the chance to make your own determinations, and instead choose to cling to the label of 'not exploit' just because it suits you this time, that's your call. Just don't expect everyone to swallow the 'not an exploit' words when the actions of Zeni tell a different story.

No matter what you say, you cannot honestly deny that there were changes made to animation timing to make sure that people could not exploit it to the extent of hiding entire attacks. This was during the time that the old wrecking blow could be entirely hidden behind a heavy attack or a brawler swing. Landing 4 attacks in the time it takes for 2.

About the bolded part... Actually, every time they've changed animation prioritization, they've specifically mentioned that its not supposed to affect dps and playstyle. Proof:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/245038/official-feedback-thread-for-prioritization-of-combat-animations/p1
    DPS and other playstyles should not be adversely affected

That was meant to make the animations more smooth, that is.

PC/EU
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smh this is still up?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_PeterT wrote: »
    We have removed several comments from this thread.
    We understand that some are frustrated and want to express that on the forums.
    However, we ask that all comments remain constructive and avoid bashing and attacking others.
    More information on our posting guidelines can be found here.

Wait, what? Me and @KoshkaMurka lightening up the conversation with some funny remarks is considered unconstructive or bashing and attacking others? Yet, no official reply on a possible exploit...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lets put it this way:
    you write a paper for a class and its long and you spent weeks working on it getting better words in there and you get an A in this tough class bc you put time and effort

or you build the eiffel tower and someone else gets to put their name on the list of workers who built it but they didnt do anything

Nothing like a good irrelevant analogy to prove a point. Will you sit your grand kids down in years to come and tell them how you achieved some silly and completely irrelevant title in a game? In fact, will you yourself even care when this game is nothing but a mere memory of games gone by? What about all those who have boasted about achievements in-games that no one longer gives a flying one about, do you even remember any of those people? You want it so you can feel superior at this point in time. Plain and simple. It's the same with the house titles. People are mad that they "had to earn it the hard way". Hard way my ass. The hard way is getting up at 4am for a 16 hour shift down the mine like some of our grand parents had to. That was a real achievement as was those people who came from no privileged back ground to become very successful business men/women. That's the real hard way. Not some inane title in a game.

As for your irrelevant analogies, people actually care about both examples you gave for obvious reasons, no one really cares about some game achievement.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on January 20, 2017 7:48PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah btw everytime someone makes a comment like mine, someone always replies with an answer like yours, I have some illness bla bla bla. heard it all before. Doesn't make me feel bad at all. When someone comments on you about a game don't drag RL shite in, you get no sympathy.

So, a few jokes about a cheese sandwich or the new President of the USA isn't allowed but this is? smh

Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lets put it this way:

Nothing like a good irrelevant analogy to prove a point. Will you sit your grand kids down in years to come and tell them how you achieved some silly and completely irrelevant title in a game? In fact, will you yourself even care when this game is nothing but a mere memory of games gone by? What about all those who have boasted about achievements in-games that no one longer gives a flying one about, do you even remember any of those people? You want it so you can feel superior at this point in time. Plain and simple. It's the same with the house titles. People are mad that they "had to earn it the hard way". Hard way my ass. The hard way is getting up at 4am for a 16 hour shift down the mine like some of our grand parents had to. That was a real achievement as was those people who came from no privileged back ground to become very successful business men/women. That's the real hard way. Not some inane title in a game.

As for your irrelevant analogies, people actually care about both examples you gave for obvious reasons, no one really cares about some game achievement.

If no one cares about achievements, why try to cheat your way to them?
    All the reward skins are pretty ugly, and wearing a Destroyer title when you havent actually destroyed the dromathra is basically lying to other players.
    Those people who bought their skins are usually acting very tough, when they talk to people who dont know their little secret. Probably those who exploit to get the skin/title also do it to act like they're superior.

PC/EU
This discussion has been closed.