The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is anyone else frustated by One Tamriel?

• hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cencewolf wrote: »

Yeah i got it Jr,.. Easy games for the dull,..

Haha salty loser lost the argument.
    Easy game? What's your score in vMA? How many vTrials have you done? What's the score of them?

Edited by hmsdragonfly on January 18, 2017 2:10PM
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only issue with One Tamriel is the strain it puts the Server under (outside of cyrodiil). Before its stability was wobbly but good. Now? Frame rates and ping are all over the freaking place. It seems that if something isn't done soon, then ESO will tip past the breaking point and become unplayable.

As a side note, I HIGHLY suspect the Interior Lighting patch they did a while ago (about a year?) is to blame for the instability.

And the fact that there are much more people playing than before.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cencewolf wrote: »
    Eh,.. mellenials and all,.. Guess its just whats trending these days.. #welfare-epics. #finished-in-15-hours.
    Showing your age, gramps. I think the genre has moved past your preferred style. But lucky for you there's a game out there to fulfill your WoW-esque gaming experience. It's called WoW.
  • Loomis
    Loomis
    ✭✭✭
    No I actually only came back to play ESO because of One Tam update ... The old way made it to hard to play with others and I like the fact I can enjoy all content as I level ... And do all the stories and quests and never OVER LEVEL anything

To each his own I guess

I'm not saying ESO is perfect ... It's not ( I dont like trading guild system would prefer one auction house ... I also hate the fact I have to divide my time between games inst'ead of just ESO because there is no viable end game pve bow bow ranged build - I love me some pew pew heh )

But don't hit a gift horse in mouth ... I've played about all mmos out there right now and ESO has a ton going for it
    “There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon’s breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value. Often now I lift my cup in a futile toast, an apology to ears that cannot hear.”
    -Drizzt

Semper Fi
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loomis wrote: »
    No I actually only came back to play ESO because of One Tam update ... The old way made it to hard to play with others and I like the fact I can enjoy all content as I level ... And do all the stories and quests and never OVER LEVEL anything

To each his own I guess

I'm not saying ESO is perfect ... It's not ( I dont like trading guild system would prefer one auction house ... I also hate the fact I have to divide my time between games inst'ead of just ESO because there is no viable end game pve bow bow ranged build - I love me some pew pew heh )

But don't hit a gift horse in mouth ... I've played about all mmos out there right now and ESO has a ton going for it

I agree that ESO is above many MMOs in how they manage their game model to how they have built up the game. In other MMO forums I am all about a leveling system that makes it easier for newer players and provides some benefit to vets.

I know in other MMOs if I go to the low level missions any gear I get will do me no good and some games don't even let you trade. With ESO, lower areas provide loot based on the character level, which is very cool.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip> When ESO made it's debut, it sounded amazing BECAUSE there were three alliances, three different home areas to explore and quest through. <snip>

There still are. Just because there is now an option to level up outside your home area doesn't mean you have to do so. You can play the game exactly the same way as before if you wish to (including Cadwells) - but with the added advantage that you will never out-level the content as you did previously if you completed zones before moving on, or did any other activity like PvP or DLC content.

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just leave him be.

This is the kind of person that only lives in the past.
    "You darn millenials with your noise music and your iPhones! I ate mud when I was a kid, and I had more fun than you do."
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Bartdude
    Bartdude
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure where this "I don't have to grind anymore" came from, you still have to level your chars and sooner or l8r you'll have to re-visit something to get to CP cap. I lvl'd 2 chars by the old system doing Cadwells silver/gold on both and neither were near CP cap at the end. 1T has lots of things I like and some I don't but the real winners were those that wanted a quick way to get all the Skyshards for PVP.
    "No *** lady! does it sound like I'm ordering pizza?"
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The main thing I noticed is that going from the level system to 1T is that lower outside bosses now can be a challenge for the unskilled player who quickly ran through content to get max CP or work towards max CP.

I have been on my character now for about a week and I play a bit more than 2 hours a day. I am following the main story and doing my normal RPG play style of taking the off beaten path to see what other quest are available in that area.

I also do all items in that area to ensure I get the Skyshards and to complete as many achievements as possible, it is the same way I played when ESO first launched on PS4.

The biggest difference now is I see more high level players in low level zone, many of them looking for Skyshards or working towards completing the achievements.

Heck, I do all fishing spots as well, it is probably why I have quite a bit of time into the game and I'm only level 14. I'm in no rush but what I am learning is quite a bit about my class and learning quite about my prefer play style for the class.

Haha! Sounds like we have very similar play styles. I'm level 30 and still in Glenumbra because I take my time, wander around, farm for mats, etc, etc. I've done a couple dungeons with guild mates, did the New Life festival (didn't use the xp boost ale though) and just generally enjoy meandering around the countryside. I'm in no rush to level; I want to learn to play, get experience with the abilities I have before quickly slotting a new one.

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • RavenEye
    RavenEye
    ✭✭
    Early game content is a lot more challenging now since you can't overlevel anything.

When 1T hit, my low level character was getting slaughtered by wasps.

The only thing I don't like about 1T is being able to do all 3 alliance story lines. It doesn't make sense from a lore perspective nor does it line up chronologically (since the 3 story lines happen concurrently). It also doesn't make sense that members of your alliance would be attacking you on sight in the other 2 alliance zones. I would have gated the alliance stories behind Cadwell's quest line (since it clears up the aforementioned issues). I also would have made members of your home alliance neutral to you in other alliance zones (i.e. they would have a yellow aura and not attack you).
    I'd created a new character after One Tamriel was released. The gameplay is much easier than before.

I do agree that being able to play all storylines concurrently, whilst being attacked by your own alliance, is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree with the above about the Alliance storylines... I played in the Beta and just came back about a month ago.

I wondered about how would we be able to go to a different territory, I thought maybe when we finished our own there would be a quest or something that would explain why. Then I went and did the New Life Festival, I remember going to a place in AD and DC npcs trying to attack me and got confused... "Wait... I'm on your side. Why are you attacking me?" XD

So yeah... since I can't say much about how it was before because I didn't play it, this is my issue about it. I wish that they could of preserved the whole alliance thing in some way :/
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The quest thing :|
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like OT, but I already hate the next patch, because as a PvEer I still can't understand wtf they are doing there.

Edited by Flameheart on January 19, 2017 5:27PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    I like OT, but I already hate the next patch, because as a PvEer I still can't understand wtf they are doing there.

Same as every MMORPG does: ruins PvE to appease a minority of PvPers who, one the forums, WATW (Whine Above Their Weight).

I've lost count of the number of MMORPG patches I have seen that gimp/nerf PvE to appease a portion of the playerbase that, if the game conforms to industry averages, constitutes about 15% of the consumers, and 10% of the revenues. Because PvEers will pay for cosmetics, for houses, for reskinned mounts, in a way that most PvPers never will. Only games with significant Pay To Win micro-transactions make money proportionately from PvP.

Now, all that said. Zeni marketed this game with a strong emphasis on PvP and would be short-changing the PvP playerbase if they weren't taking action to address some of the PvP issues.

I just wish they would separate PvP and PvE so that can fix PvP without gimping PvE (and vice versa).

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »

Same as every MMORPG does: ruins PvE to appease a minority of PvPers who, one the forums, WATW (Whine Above Their Weight).

I've lost count of the number of MMORPG patches I have seen that gimp/nerf PvE to appease a portion of the playerbase that, if the game conforms to industry averages, constitutes about 15% of the consumers, and 10% of the revenues. Because PvEers will pay for cosmetics, for houses, for reskinned mounts, in a way that most PvPers never will. Only games with significant Pay To Win micro-transactions make money proportionately from PvP.

Now, all that said. Zeni marketed this game with a strong emphasis on PvP and would be short-changing the PvP playerbase if they weren't taking action to address some of the PvP issues.

I just wish they would separate PvP and PvE so that can fix PvP without gimping PvE (and vice versa).

All The Best

i know this keeps getting said but truth be told a decision to separate pvp design from pve would kill both.

Deciding to basically start two code streams will exponentially increase the workload over time as they diverge further frin each other and quadruple the bugs over time at least. It will even further divide the olayer base as the play experiences separate at the core level like what skills are in sorc class and what do they do - not just which do i use.

Its better for them to try and keep pvp pve as similar as possible even with the occasional bumps in the road if they want both in the game.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... people never get tired of critizising everything they can.
    But no need to worry, since this is like spitting on the ocean.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Izera
    Izera
    ✭✭
    One Tamriel is not that bad. This is a online game where you interact with people. I think it made it easier for those who like playing with there friends of different levels without restricting the lands to certain levels. OT simply made all the lands scale to your characters level so you are free to explore with your friends without having to worry about dying once you step foot on that soil. The lag can get bad since people seem to flock in certain "popular" areas like wayrest.

Idk. I just think people shouldn't drop the game because of that maybe take a break from it. Lore wise, yes it doesn't really make much sense and I love the elder scrolls lore but this being an mmo (which is the first kinda I ever played ;p) I guess you got to switch things up since Elder Scrolls started off as a single player game and not an mmo like WOW. Of course no one can stop you from leaving it, but don't leave the Elder Scrolls series...we have an Elder Scrolls 6 on the way my friends ;)))

• Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »

I get why veteran players are upset at T1 and if History serves correct in this situation the new players are going to end up like today's WoW player. "We want everything someone that plays 100 hours a week has with out actually playing 100 hours a week." it's the everyone gets a participation trophy syndrome. I wish I had started playing this game a few years ago but it is what it is and there isn't a damn thing any one can do about it.

As a matter of fact, they don't. Look at this thread. Make a poll if you want to.

This is an Elder Scrolls game, it should be like an Elder Scrolls game.

This post is made by a vet player about how they are upset at t1.. so there are some out there...
    Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • Nord_Templar
    Nord_Templar
    ✭✭✭
    I neglected my crafting to begin with, so when I had a blacksmithing writ that was level 10 on my level 50, I couldn't find iron ore anywhere, but orichalcum was readily available outside of Stonefalls. It didn't, and still doesn't, make any sense. Different areas should have different materials. Also, it wasn't that the areas were "off limits", they were simply above your level. If you wanted the challenge, you went for it and probably died, but the area was there for exploration. Hell, I explored many an area much higher than my level; I just stuck to the edges, earned xp for discovering new locations, and occasionally took on an enemy of a higher level. Most of the time, I came out on top, occasionally I didn't. The fun of it was the challenge. I see no challenge in ESO anymore; there's nothing fun about it.

You are absolutely right. This is the logic of the plot's development. Unification makes the game boring.
    Edited by Nord_Templar on April 19, 2017 4:47PM
  • brimstone74
    brimstone74
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. A lot of mmos are moving towards level scaling. Yes even wow. They tried it out for the legion content and want to apply it to the rest of the game.
    It's Mundumental!
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone at the beginning hated ESO for not being RPG enough like skyrim and morrowind / oblivion were, like you could go anywhere at your own pace? Since one-tamriel its like those games and now people are complaining again? Make up your mind please, or quit the franchise completely!
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • infernomorgothb14_ESO
    I'll never roll an alt in this game, unless down the line I decide to get into crafting. Simply because with my DK, I can explore the entirety of Tamriel, i'm already my favorite race/class/alliance. And grinding all the skyshards and lorebooks, grinding levels to cp 160 etc is so time consuming there is simply no way in hell I would reroll even if my class was broken. I've played plenty of other MMOs like WAR, SWG etc and rolling alts was no where near this massive of an undertaking. One Tamriel did nothing to solve the problem with this game, all it did was allow friends to play together easily. Seeing as how I don't have RL friends playing the game I could really care less. I kind of liked the game more before One Tamriel because now it just feels vast, daunting/overwhelming and it further removes any purpose to the 3 alliances. And it feels so weird to be playing quests where I am essentially working against my Dunmer pact buddies.
  • Despite
    Despite
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a deal breaker for me, but I agree that One Tamriel was a poor design change.
    I'm more of an RPG traditionalist.
    You start at level 1 with a dagger and 1d4 HP.
    If you encounter a level 5 goblin he is going to hand you your ass.
    With One Tamriel everything is my level and there are no dangerous areas anywhere in the world apart from world bosses and public/group/vet dungeons.
    Character progression seems dull and slightly boring.
    I wish level scaling was OPTIONAL. Like in Rift where you can click a button and it scales your level to the zone you're in.
    Imperial Vamp DK since 2014
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, materials scale to your level, so if I have a level 10 crafting writ on a level 50 character, I'm hard pressed to find the materials.

Wrong. If you have a level 10 writ, that means your crafting level is 10..Of which you should have no issues finding mats as the nodes spawn based on your craft level...Not your player level. For those of us maxed out, we still get lower level mats through shipping containers when we complete writs.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Now, materials scale to your level, so if I have a level 10 crafting writ on a level 50 character, I'm hard pressed to find the materials.

Wrong. If you have a level 10 writ, that means your crafting level is 10..Of which you should have no issues finding mats as the nodes spawn based on your craft level...Not your player level.

It's actually kind of 50/50. Some nodes are based on your crafting skill, some are based on your level. (The Templar I'm leveling right now, who was doing tier-1 writs for the anniversary, is seeing Iron & Dwarven ore, Maple & Oak logs, Jute & Spidersilk plants as she runs around Glenumbra.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on April 19, 2017 9:09PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel it may be just me, but One Tamriel was a huge setback for ESO.

It was definitely a huge improvement.

Not only does this remove what was always a terrible and stupid faction restriction but it massively improves the levelling experience.

Previously if you went through each map doing all of the quests - and putting aside dungeons, dailies etc. - you'd very, very quickly outlevel content and not only be stupidly overpowered for everything you face but also getting crap xp for it.
  • Ti_Englesmythe

Wrong. If you have a level 10 writ, that means your crafting level is 10..Of which you should have no issues finding mats as the nodes spawn based on your craft level...Not your player level. For those of us maxed out, we still get lower level mats through shipping containers when we complete writs.

Please try to be a little less abrasive. When I wrote my post, the materials scaled to a players combat level. I was finding spidersilk and galatite in Stonefalls, which is highly obnoxious. It was exponentially better when exotic materials (compared to ones starting homeland) were found in exotic locales. Not only is it more realistic, but much more helpful, seeing as the player knows where to go to find what they're looking for.
    I still hate One Tamriel, and refuse to play. If Morrowind is more of the same, then I'm done with ESO. There's nothing more frustrating than spending hours levelling a character, only to see a new player outstrip your best attack.
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Huyen wrote: »
    Everyone at the beginning hated ESO for not being RPG enough like skyrim and morrowind / oblivion were, like you could go anywhere at your own pace? Since one-tamriel its like those games and now people are complaining again? Make up your mind please, or quit the franchise completely!

I really don't like the idea of everything opened immediately. Most of the fun was levelling the character to be able to explore new areas. Heck, I had a blast creating new characters so I could play with friends! It allowed me to see a new storyline, a new homeland, and new side to the game, provided I could convince my new friend(s) to choose a different alliance. I apologize if my post sounded whiny; I was simply inquiring other gamers as to their satisfaction with, what I perceive is, a setback patch. The whole point of the game is to gain experience and skill such that new areas open for exploration.
  • Ti_Englesmythe

I get why veteran players are upset at T1 and if History serves correct in this situation the new players are going to end up like today's WoW player. "We want everything someone that plays 100 hours a week has with out actually playing 100 hours a week." it's the everyone gets a participation trophy syndrome. I wish I had started playing this game a few years ago but it is what it is and there isn't a damn thing any one can do about it.

As a matter of fact, they don't. Look at this thread. Make a poll if you want to.

This is an Elder Scrolls game, it should be like an Elder Scrolls game.

This post is made by a vet player about how they are upset at t1.. so there are some out there...

You are correct. My highest level is Vet 63, I think, and I have three other characters, one around level 50, the third in the 20's, and a fourth in the teens, all created to play with friends so we could experience the story and questing together. We organized times to play those characters, and tended to play our mains during times we couldn't coordinate. It allowed me to constructively create a new character, see a new alliance, and experience a new story.
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Izera wrote: »
    One Tamriel is not that bad. This is a online game where you interact with people. I think it made it easier for those who like playing with there friends of different levels without restricting the lands to certain levels. OT simply made all the lands scale to your characters level so you are free to explore with your friends without having to worry about dying once you step foot on that soil. The lag can get bad since people seem to flock in certain "popular" areas like wayrest.

Idk. I just think people shouldn't drop the game because of that maybe take a break from it. Lore wise, yes it doesn't really make much sense and I love the elder scrolls lore but this being an mmo (which is the first kinda I ever played ;p) I guess you got to switch things up since Elder Scrolls started off as a single player game and not an mmo like WOW. Of course no one can stop you from leaving it, but don't leave the Elder Scrolls series...we have an Elder Scrolls 6 on the way my friends ;)))

I probably won't leave Elder Scrolls entirely, but if battle levelling and completely open landscapes continue, my ESO days are over. One Tamriel ruined the game.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please try to be a little less abrasive. When I wrote my post, the materials scaled to a players combat level. I was finding spidersilk and galatite in Stonefalls, which is highly obnoxious. It was exponentially better when exotic materials (compared to ones starting homeland) were found in exotic locales. Not only is it more realistic, but much more helpful, seeing as the player knows where to go to find what they're looking for.
    I still hate One Tamriel, and refuse to play. If Morrowind is more of the same, then I'm done with ESO. There's nothing more frustrating than spending hours levelling a character, only to see a new player outstrip your best attack.

Morrowind is exactly the same, sorry, but people love this system.

Cya ^^