The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Is anyone else frustated by One Tamriel?

Ti_Englesmythe
I feel it may be just me, but One Tamriel was a huge setback for ESO. I've seen, many times, that One Tamriel is a way to bring the game in line with the gameplay of Morrowind and Oblivion, but wasn't ESO meant to be an MMORPG? Aren't MMORPG's designed to be challenging and require work to enter new areas and combat new creatures?
I'm not intending to sound whiny, but it is really a disservice to those who want to actually work to earn their levels and skills when a brand new character can out fight a CP level character. There's no incentive to level, no incentive to craft (at least until CP160). When ESO made it's debut, it sounded amazing BECAUSE there were three alliances, three different home areas to explore and quest through. If I wanted to play with a friend who just picked up the game, it gave me an excuse to create a new character and play through a different part of the game, all the while playing with a friend. Currently, I have, I believe, four accounts that are mid to higher level because I wanted to play with friends; that's part of the fun. When I went to a new area I wasn't ready for, I had my ass handed to me, as well I should! When I entered new areas, I found new materials that were higher levels. I remember finding ebony and kreshweed and the ilk and being stoked at the idea of using them someday. Now, materials scale to your level, so if I have a level 10 crafting writ on a level 50 character, I'm hard pressed to find the materials.
I understand that ESO is a fiction, not meant to be reality, but more reality would be appreciated. Having a mish mash of materials in the starting area is ridiculous, and counter-intuitive to One Tamriel's "explore all areas immediately" mantra; everything I need is in one area because it scales.
One Tamriel ruined this game for me, not because it became too hard, but because it became too easy and removed the incentive to level. One Tamriel removed any incentive I had to even play the game.
If anyone else is sick of One Tamriel and wants the pre update 12 (although housing in U13 sounds fantastic), let the devs know.
Until One Tamriel is repealed, I can't play this game. It's just not fun anymore.

Thanks for listening to the rant!
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Also keep in mind I haven't played ESO in a few months because of my disgust regarding One Tamriel.
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    LOL wut?
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Do you like the One Tamriel update, Sovaso?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel it may be just me, but One Tamriel was a huge setback for ESO. I've seen, many times, that One Tamriel is a way to bring the game in line with the gameplay of Morrowind and Oblivion, but wasn't ESO meant to be an MMORPG?

The Devs themselves have said ESO wasn't meant to be a typical "MMO" like people know of WoW. They meant it to be more like just an RPG, but with other players with you.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing I do not like about One Tamriel is the lack of consistency.

You can go anywhere - great. Fab. Good change. But now, I notice a lot of people getting lost - like, where should they go to do things? Having everything open to you is both a blessing and a curse. There's a lot of zones in the game, and you can just hop from one to another to another, and it all seems a little wonky in that respect.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    That was a fairly recent statement as of July or August 2016. Had I known that, I would not have bought the game. I'm curious if anyone else is as sick of One Tamriel as I am, and if anyone has any interest in petitioning the devs to remove it.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with your principles completely. I find One Tamriel much less bad than I expected, but I still prefer earning my way to new content and feeling myself become more powerful than the enemies I used to fight.

But once you have 6 CP561 characters, it does put a lot more content into play.

So I still wouldn't call it good, especially from an RP perspective, but it's not as bad as I feared.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Would you like to see it repealed MasterSpatula?
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Do you like the One Tamriel update, Sovaso?

Sure I like it. And why not?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel is the best thing that happened to ESO since launch.

If you don't like it, I guess you know where the door is.

Oh wait... you are already not playing.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you like to see it repealed MasterSpatula?

That's not what that word means.
    JD2013 wrote: »
    The one thing I do not like about One Tamriel is the lack of consistency.

You can go anywhere - great. Fab. Good change. But now, I notice a lot of people getting lost - like, where should they go to do things? Having everything open to you is both a blessing and a curse. There's a lot of zones in the game, and you can just hop from one to another to another, and it all seems a little wonky in that respect.

Yeah, the lack of signposting gets a bit weird at times. In general, it's nice though. It means no longer having to worry about outleveling content simply because I wanted to get Struga to shut up.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before One Tamriel, I couldn't get whisper-lectured by a butthurt level 8 hard casting frags sorc for "cheating" and "being a sucktard" because I'm using Rapid Maneuvers in Craglorn to farm a little faster.

So I can see both sides of the argument. But there's never a perfectly ideal system so I'm not really going to worry about it.
    signing off
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One Tamriel = more lag , more Discounts and the proc sets biggest mistake ever
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    So, Sovaso, you like having your game handed to you on a platter instead of having to work for it? One Tamriel is simply ignoring the Alliance structure, which is the main storyline, and allowing you to wander wherever you please knowing the game will autolevel you to competitive. I bought this game under the impression it was an MMORPG. This is no longer the game I purchased.
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Stark:
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/repeal?s=t
    Repealed means to officially revoke, or take back. That's what I'd like to see done with One Tamriel. I don't believe in spoon feeding a game to a new player. I believe in working for your levels, working for your skills, and reaping the feeling of sweet victory when you can finally enter a new area, farm new materials, and bash the skulls of new monsters.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aside from the increase in loading screens, I rather like One Tamriel.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Ti_Englesmythe
    I'll rephrase:
    I'd like battle levelling, open maps, and open alliances removed. Those are my biggest issues with the game.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel frustrated by wolds bosses only. They make impossible to solo storyline zones in peace and quiet meditation. Delves are solo-able, public dungeons are solo-able, dark anchors are solo-able, world bosses are not (I mean while leveling new alt with trash gear, I do not mean proper boss-hunting builds). Nonsense. Forced grouping in solo-friendly areas is bad idea.
    But I like other One Tamriel changes.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Before One Tamriel, I couldn't get whisper-lectured by a butthurt level 8 hard casting frags sorc for "cheating" and "being a sucktard" because I'm using Rapid Maneuvers in Craglorn to farm a little faster.

So I can see both sides of the argument. But there's never a perfectly ideal system so I'm not really going to worry about it.

Yeah, but, butthurt level 8s are the best. Especially when you break out fun toys like Batswarm.
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    What do you like about it Uriel?
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    So, Sovaso, you like having your game handed to you on a platter instead of having to work for it? One Tamriel is simply ignoring the Alliance structure, which is the main storyline, and allowing you to wander wherever you please knowing the game will autolevel you to competitive. I bought this game under the impression it was an MMORPG. This is no longer the game I purchased.

Well, I feel "so" sorry for your disappointment.
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Not sarcastic at all. That's what I'd expect from an entitled gamer.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I feel it may be just me, but One Tamriel was a huge setback for ESO. I've seen, many times, that One Tamriel is a way to bring the game in line with the gameplay of Morrowind and Oblivion, but wasn't ESO meant to be an MMORPG?

The Devs themselves have said ESO wasn't meant to be a typical "MMO" like people know of WoW. They meant it to be more like just an RPG, but with other players with you.

Not really. ZOS may now like to call ESO an online RPG, but when ESO launched, it was very much aimed at the WoW and DAOC audiences... and failed to impress them.

The game used to be MUCH more challenging. The original Craglorn delves were more challenging than vet dungeons are today.

When ESO failed with those audiences, ZOS changed course and made ESO into the ultra-casual game it is today.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I for one have many issues with the game, but the OneTamriel change is not one of them. I seriously appreciate the fact that I don't outlevel content anymore. I have renewed interest in levelling chars (and have done so on 4 chars since the change, for a total of 12 now) and it is much more satisfying to replay content.

Now if they would adjust difficulty a bit to make the overworld content a bit more challenging, it would be spiffy.

Oh yeah, please continue to improve PvP performance, though >:)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never understood this idea of playing a game to level up. To me it's completely the opposite - levels are a way of gating the game, something I have to do so I can 'unlock' more content. The point of playing is to experience the quests and storylines and see the areas.

So from my perspective One Tamriel is great because instead of having to wait for the game to grant me permission to enter an area and playing in the areas it will permit me until then I can go and do things in whatever order I choose. Also before this I was always out-levelling an area almost as soon as I entered it (if not before) because I like to do all the quests, plus spend time looking for treasure chests and other stuff.

Admittedly most of the time I'm following the intended order for zones, but it's really nice to have the choice. On my crafter I'm working my way through all the starter islands before doing anything else because most of his skill points are going into crafts and even with the level scaling it's easier to survive with just 3 combat skills in areas that were designed for that.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ti_Englesmythe
    Zyk:
    That's a shame. The challenge was what made the game fun. Attaining new levels and spending points in new skills, while dreaming of exploring the next area when one was strong enough is what, I thought, the game was about.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even less of an identity than before, I'd repeal it
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. New sets, a better grinding experience than before, a lot more moves actually function.

I think OP's problem is the content for normal play is too easy. Well if you're ignoring vMA, Trials, and PvP yeah it's easy, but you're missing the end game. The normal content is suppose to be easy, it's just questing after all.

Go do Maw, do vMA, solo a few vDungeons, you'll find you're challenge.

Edit: Also out leveled all content before even beating primary quest line, 1T made content (like 90% of it) actually playable again.
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 16, 2017 10:01PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you like about it Uriel?
    I like the Open Zones and Battle Leveling. Makes the game much more relevant regardless of level. A little bit easier to get lost when figuring out what Zone to go to next, but that's not too difficult to figure out.

The Alliances are really only meaningful if you're active in PvP. The entire rest of the game really doesn't focus on the war in Cyrodiil, so removing this restriction was a good call in my opinion.

I rather like that the Crafting Mat nodes are leveled to my crafting level, and not hard-set to Zones any more. Before OT, I could only farm for mats in certain specific zones. Now I can farm wherever I am.

There's plenty of more reasons as well, this is just a short quickly made list.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love One Tamriel.

It means lower level characters can do DLC content at any stage without returning to the base game content ridiculously over-leveled. It also means that higher-level characters can wander through lower-level zones and still get decent xp and loot, while lower level characters can also make their way through higher-level zones for special events etc without being slaughtered along the way.

So far as special events are concerned, I also love the fact that 561CP characters can fight alongside level 3 characters and everyone gets decent xp and loot appropriate to their real level.

With a level 50 character, I like the fact that I can do what I want to do, where I want to do it, and don't have to embrace Cadwell's to do so.

Leveling up your gear and crafting skills etc is down to the individual. Personally, One Tamriel hasn't made any difference to how I play the game from that point of view. I want to keep progressing my gear and crafting skills, so I do. Leveling means every bit as much to me now as it did before One Tamriel.

So far as new players getting lost is concerned, I strongly recommend any new player to complete the main story once in his/her original alliance zones, other than if required the odd session with a friend in another alliance area. I wouldn't recommend new players to wander all over the world map just because they can.

I would be totally opposed to removing the changes introduced by One Tamriel, the game plays extremely well now and is more crowded than ever. I'm amazed how seamlessly it was introduced, although I do think some of the open world boss mobs need to be toned down just a tad so that 3 or 4 non-elite players can tackle them. However, that's my only criticism of One Tamriel which was a great innovation in my view.