The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is anyone else frustated by One Tamriel?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stark:
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/repeal?s=t
    Repealed means to officially revoke, or take back. That's what I'd like to see done with One Tamriel. I don't believe in spoon feeding a game to a new player. I believe in working for your levels, working for your skills, and reaping the feeling of sweet victory when you can finally enter a new area, farm new materials, and bash the skulls of new monsters.

One Tamriel was not created by executive fiat or a legislative act. It is, in fact, the wrong word. The one you're looking for is, "revert."
    Options
  • Mrs_Malaka
    Mrs_Malaka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want the pre-One Tamriel writs back AND more nodes or instance nodes for farming as I can't keep staying up til 1 or 2 am to farm (cuz that is when there are least people farming on my server) :'(
    "But screw your courage to the sticking-place,
    And we’ll not fail."

PC/NA & EU
    Options
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel is a mixed bag.

I have always enjoyed the classic MMO leveling process (including ESO), being able to push content above my level when up for a challenge or going back to old areas and curb stomping the enemies when I just want to relax.

However, I've given One Tamriel a chance, and found the ability to go anywhere at any level to be liberating (no longer feels like the game is on rails).

I actually quit ESO back before One Tamriel (and when vet levels were still a thing) when I hit 50 and realized I needed to go play the other two factions to continue leveling as 50 wasn't really the level cap (I had planned to play alts through the other faction stories).

So overall the removal of vet levels plus the changes to the world with One Tamriel are a net positive to me.

I do feel that 1-50 feels like a total waste of time as none of the XP counts towards CP, while doing the same activities after 50 does count.

I also feel crafting (and to some extent gear) was kind of left behind with the changes - similar issue as with 50, it feels pointless to craft items below CP 160 (not to mention tough to get mats), and getting gear from drops / quests prior to CP 160 with good traits on good sets feels bad.
    Edited by Dawnblade on January 16, 2017 11:44PM
    Options
  • Chairo_Kuma
    Chairo_Kuma
    ✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    I feel frustrated by wolds bosses only. They make impossible to solo storyline zones in peace and quiet meditation. Delves are solo-able, public dungeons are solo-able, dark anchors are solo-able, world bosses are not (I mean while leveling new alt with trash gear, I do not mean proper boss-hunting builds). Nonsense. Forced grouping in solo-friendly areas is bad idea.
    But I like other One Tamriel changes.

world bosses are just that BOSSES there meant to be hard to kill so it takes a group to do them. in there first iteration they were not even worthy of the title world boss more like just another mob.
    GM Esteemed/PS4 NA /Never Knows Best.....

• Redguard Stam Blade - 50 - AD
    • Argonian Mag Templar - 50 - AD
    • Redguard Stam Dragon Knight - 50 - AD
    • Breton Mag Blade - 50 - AD
    • Argonian Stam Warden - 50 - AD
    Options
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a game. Either like it and play it, or dislike it and don't play it. But please, stop wah-wahing on the forums because it isn't to your specific requirements.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel has its good and bad things, but I mostly like it.
    Options
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I love One Tamriel now. Having the entire world available to explore is nothing short of mind blowing.

Its funny that you mention about the lore and storylines - If you follow it really closely, you will actually begin to realise that the alliances stories are not in fact totally concurrent - every once in a while, a hint is dropped by an npc you are talking to, and notes found around the NPC with dates and current events mentioned that each alliance is displaced by roughly a week each apart.

But, it means sitting and reading almost every letter and book, and working out where in the wider lore they fit. If I am right, the whole mess starts in June of 2E 582 in AD, then moves on to EP, and finishes in DC.

After that, you go onto Coldharbour, which in game time takes roughly another week. Once you defeat Molag Bal, the following week after that should actually be spent inside the Imperial City, putting an end to the Daedra there.

Then, there is a 9 month (roughly) break in the storyline, and we get the events of Wrothgar in 2E 583.

Both Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood then take place during 2E 584, and I suspect that Vvardenfell will happen towards the end of 584/start of 585.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel it may be just me, but One Tamriel was a huge setback for ESO. I've seen, many times, that One Tamriel is a way to bring the game in line with the gameplay of Morrowind and Oblivion, but wasn't ESO meant to be an MMORPG? Aren't MMORPG's designed to be challenging and require work to enter new areas and combat new creatures?

This is a true Elder Scrolls game, not a typical generic WoW's clone. Why should it clone everything WOW does? The leveling system has proven to be very successful in Oblivion and Skyrim, people love it there, people also love it here, just because you are used to the outdated system used by WoW 10 years ago and cannot stand the changes of the new decade, doesn't mean the system is bad or anything. The system is awesome, it has been proven, people love it. You don't? I completely respect your opinion, but as a matter of fact this system works and people love it.

You are suggesting to sell the soul of ESO - what actually makes this game good - to Molag Bal, and turn the game into a generic WOW's clone. You can always play WoW, you know, it's not like the game is dead or anything.
    Edited by hmsdragonfly on January 17, 2017 3:33AM
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    Im glad i reached maxlvl before one tamriel hit. Must suck to be a new player now. I remember how stoked i was when i could enter the next zone and find new mats, more powerful enemies and so on. was really nice experience to play it all through. Now u really dont need to leave auridon, since all zones are the same.

On the contrary, it's awesome for new players. You can do quest and occasionally jump into cyrodiil, or run through dungeons, or do the guild questline, or main questline etc, and get rewards that are worth it. Before One Tamriel, if you do all the quests of the zone, guild quests and main quests of your level, you will be overpowered for everything and the reward will be terrible. Skip side quests, DLCs, guild and main quests you may say? People play this game for stories, to understand what is happening to this world, not just to kill mobs all day like other MMOs.

I bet you have never played Oblivion or Skyrim ;)
    Options
  • rxhymn
    rxhymn
    ✭✭✭
    welcome to easy scrolls :/
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a farmer One Tam ruined farming spots :/
    Farming is extremely relaxing to me.
    Edited by andreasranasen on January 17, 2017 4:07AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, 1T is great. I can go back to early zones on my Max level characters to complete missed quests and world bosses. I didn't bother before because when my characters sneezed they vaporised everything in zone.

I had some friends start playing after 1T, I didn't have to try and coordinate races/alliances so we could quest together. And when some started to out level others content wasn't restricted.

When they were questing solo none had any issues with getting lost in content, or confusing alliance stories. They just go back to their home alliance and continue the last quest. ESO does a really good job of leading new players through the story quests.

In 1T you may not be able to skip ahead to access higher level zones and therefore higher difficulty, but once you're CP160 you've out leveled all overworld content anyway.
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't 1T offer more farming spots? You can gather max level mats in every zone now.
    Options
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shouldn't 1T offer more farming spots? You can gather max level mats in every zone now.

It makes it harder to get low level mats.
    That's probably my only real issue with 1T.
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »

It makes it harder to get low level mats.
    That's probably my only real issue with 1T.

Hmm i get what you are talking about, but a question, what do you need low level mats for? If it's to craft gear for your alts, you can farm mats with your alts instead of your main. If it's to craft gear for others, most of the time your customers provide you with mats anyway, and crafting writs should provide you enough low level mats.
    As a farmer you always farm max level mats anyway. They are way more profitable. :)
    Options
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The opposite actually. All good spots are now crowded.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    Options
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying 1T, more people around in zones, the places seems alive.
    Options
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The opposite actually. All good spots are now crowded.

No, that has nothing to do with the mechanics of One Tamriel. It means that more people are starting to play the game and more people are returning to the game. One Tamriel offers more farming spots for you, but the number of players is increasing, that's what makes the spots crowded, not One Tamriel's fault.
    Options
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel is better. This feels much more "natural" than traditional MMO leveling.

Now if they could just get to the point where they have "One-Marketplace"...
    Edited by Axoinus on January 17, 2017 5:03AM
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love on Tamriel. For me it is the best thing what happened to ESO. I love to go anywhere I please and explore where I please. I hate level restrictions and that when I reached level cap that all zones become to low level to go back.

One Tamriel keeps every zone interesting. Only the CP cap should be lower so it actually stays difficult per zone.

PvP is ruined by one tamriel however. Proc sets proc sets there so I turned into a PvE guy now. I am having a blast.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • inflaburwb17_ESO
    inflaburwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do a simple YES / NO poll on whether people like One Tamriel or not. The result will clearly show why One Tamriel will never be "repealed".
    This is a true Elder Scrolls game, not a typical generic WoW's clone. Why should it clone everything WOW does? The leveling system has proven to be very successful in Oblivion and Skyrim, people love it there, people also love it here, just because you are used to the outdated system used by WoW 10 years ago and cannot stand the changes of the new decade, doesn't mean the system is bad or anything. The system is awesome, it has been proven, people love it. You don't? I completely respect your opinion, but as a matter of fact this system works and people love it.

That's just the thing. So many people in these forums complain about ESO not being different, not being innovative or not doing things their own way. Then when they do something which isn't the usual run-of-the-mill MMORPG offering, they whine, suffer from PTSD and need trauma counselling.

I have a suggestion : ZOS (or whomever runs these forums) must create a sub-forum called "Counselling" where everyone who feels affronted or upset by the introduction of crown crates, One Tamriel, being kicked from groups, drop rates etc can find solace in each others company.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T one best thing to happen in this game.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    The one thing I do not like about One Tamriel is the lack of consistency.

You can go anywhere - great. Fab. Good change. But now, I notice a lot of people getting lost - like, where should they go to do things? Having everything open to you is both a blessing and a curse. There's a lot of zones in the game, and you can just hop from one to another to another, and it all seems a little wonky in that respect.

Get the Destinations add on. Problem solved.
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sarcastic at all. That's what I'd expect from an entitled gamer.
    Hahaha... oh the irony XD

Seriously, one tamriel overall is one of the most popular patches since launch. You might not like it, but do you seriously think ZOS would bother to take your little petition seriously? Please don't be naive.

Options
  • inflaburwb17_ESO
    inflaburwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I guess those upset about One Tamriel are the players looking for a more "hand-held" themepark experience.

If you're the type of player that gets lost easily (how does this even happen ?!?!?! Press J, select the quest you want to complete, press M), then don't go gallivanting all over. Stick with what you know.

If you struggle to find the mats for crafting writs... have you tried guild stores?

Go look at the Steam stats for ESO since One Tamriel's launch. Player numbers have gone through the roof. Isn't this what we want? Or are you looking for an online single player game? An empty world, with just you in it?

Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only things I really hate about One Tamriel is proc sets and the fact that crafting and character customization is now irrelevant.

Another thing is Craglorn. I like most of the changes but some of it is very inconsistent. It was supposed to be soloable by top level, fully geared players or at least duoable with the exception of the world bosses. I have not found that to be true. All of upper Craglorn is solable. Many of the lower Craglorn delves and all of the dungeons are definitely not soloable and a few take 3 or 4 people to complete. Makes it very hard to get things done when you cant get people to do anything other than trials or grind in Catacombs.

I also dont like the new world bosses, but Ive now run all 12 of my characters through every zone and killed them all so I dont ever need to do another world boss again.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 17, 2017 7:04AM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give you that, Rev, I just don't believe one alliance should be able to waltz through another alliances' territory when the alliances are meant to be at war. It makes no sense. I agree with Adam: going back "home" and destroying basic creatures was a blast.
    tokewi:
    Zenimax IS handing new players a lot. I literally watched a level 6 two shot a creature that was taking me six hits. The two handed iron sword I had on my level 3 character did more damage than my galatite swords on my CP60. That's not right.
    Glamdring:
    Exactly! The feeling of accomplishment when you find new resources, or can kill new enemies that you could only salivate over from afar. New players won't have that.

First yes lowest levels get a temporary boost which vanishes iirc by the time they hit 15. It helps them when the dont have full skill bars of morphed skills and bar swaps. Seems reasonable.

Also you are comparing 2h vs dw and describing 2h as quicker damage in short fights - seems to match up eith the burst v sustsin dps between those weapons esp for light attacks iirc.

Bet your cp60 has a lot more options than your iron mauler does, almost like experience taught new tricks.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    I only PvE - don't care for PvP. As a PvE'rI have a somewhat divided opinion on OT. When it first came out, I was excited to be able for my wife and I to play as any of our characters and adventure anywhere together - regardless of alliance/race/level.

But while I do enjoy the fact that much more of the game feels more challenging than before, I do miss being able to rise through the levels, become more powerful and be able to take on tougher bosses with a bit more ease.

My wife and I have found that some of the bosses, public dungeons and delves are now just too difficult to finish with just the two of us.

Otherwise, I do still enjoy the game - it certainly hasn't ruined it for me.
    "Those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand."
    Options
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, Sovaso, you like having your game handed to you on a platter instead of having to work for it? One Tamriel is simply ignoring the Alliance structure, which is the main storyline, and allowing you to wander wherever you please knowing the game will autolevel you to competitive. I bought this game under the impression it was an MMORPG. This is no longer the game I purchased.

+1
    I completely feel the same
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally like 1T. I like that there are more people in the zones, if you need help with something you are more likely to find people than you were before (at least during the time that I play). I do not like the sometimes massively increased lag that came with 1T.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options