Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SadieJoan
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I have been looking at and playing around with the manors today, and didn't really like the AD one because it's Khajiit style, which I personally really dislike (kind of disappointed that the manor wasn't Altmer really, but never mind...) so I went to have a little mess around with the other two, and although the Daggerfall Overlook Manor is AMAZING, and for me, the most attractive of the three, it is completely covered with DC alliance banners and blue drapes...

The other two Manors are pretty much blank canvases, and could easily be inhabited by any alliance, but this 'in your face' blue in Daggerfall Overlook is really off putting... I realise that this home is located in a DC zone, but still, with One Tamriel here now, its a bit stupid to restrict a home to just one alliance like this. Why is there no option to remove these decorations from the walls? That way, it would be more appealing to everyone. With ALL 12 of my characters being AD, this would certainly put me off purchasing it, and I am sure I am not the only one who would feel this way...

(images deleted from quote by Shadowshire)
    By the way, if memory serves, someone in this discussion said that, although the banners on the walls of Daggerfall Overlook cannot be removed, they can be replaced. Then again, I don't know whether they can be replaced by AD or EP banners, or just by banners with symbols, colors, and markings like those on Guild Tabards.

Which manor is "the AD one" that is Khajiit style? It isn't clear to me what you mean by a "manor" but there are four Notable Houses in the Aldmeri Dominion:

(1) Mathiisen Manor, Auridon

If you don't like the Mathiisen grounds, then I don't blame you. Although the area around the manor is enormous, there are no outbuildings, whether for stables or workshops. About half of the grounds are occupied by a grand "reflecting pool" on an elevated area at the rear, surrounded by a patio and with a large outer margin of grass and plants. This is great if you role-play and like to have large house parties! One plus: there are many hearths and fireplaces in the manor itself, where you can presumably install at least one Cooking Fire for Provisioning. (See also my Post #443 in this discussion.)

(2) The Gorinir Estate at Cormount, Grahtwood

This is a Classic style homestead for Wood Elves. Who else would want one? The circular tree-pods are somewhat small, but so should be the furnishings (i.e., if the design team got those right) . The large grounds are covered with plants and the grounds are rather scenic and accessible with various clearings and alcoves among the surrounding rock walls. They could add a stable like the one outside Elden Root, somewhere.

(3) Serenity Falls Estate near Rawl'kha, Reaper's March

This estate is a "rural manor", but I don't know whether it can be characterized as either Altmer or Khajiit. The huge yard includes a 2-story barn / workshop with outside stalls under the 2nd-floor roof (which looks as though a Nord built it). The grounds include a waterfall and a creek, but, at present, no Fishing Holes. I have offered suggestions for improvements to the main building (Post #446 in this discussion), but it is unlikely that the Z.O. design team will implement any of them.

(4) Dawnshadow, Reaper's March

Frankly, there isn't much that I found "notable" about this one. I suppose that it is Khajiit style, but it needs lighter colors for the interior walls, which look burnt or moldy. It's just a bare, basic large house without a Cooking Fire hearth. As to the grounds, there is no outbuilding and not much, if any, space for adding one. Also, there is no water feature. On the other hand, if memory serves, it has the lowest price of all the Notable Houses, which is probably meant as a "heads up" for players to expect to spend more for a better choice.

With regard to One Tamriel, without any differences among the provinces, the pacts, and their respective zones, would it not be a dull world? Where would player characters find adventures, discover new things, meet NPCs of other races and cultures and either befriend or kill them?

I agree with you with the One Tamriel thing, but it is at it is, and anyone can buy the AD or EP manor and decorate it to their choosing, this is why it annoys me so...There are 3 'Manors' in the game, one in each alliance, each coming with achievements for buying them as they cost in excess of 3 million gold each, and a further acheivement for owning all three of them. They are the largest homes, Serenity Falls is the AD one, and is Khajiit style... The EP one is Ebonheart Chateaux and is Dunmer, and the DC one is Daggerfall overlook in Breton style. There is currently no way to change the banners in the DC manor, the other two have no banners and can be styled to however one chooses, but Daggerfall overlook, the most attractive of all of the manors, is covered in DC alliance banners which cannot be altered...

If the AD manor were Altmer style and was covered in AD banners, and the EP one had red banners all over it, I would understand that it had been made in a way to convinse people to buy manors int heir own alliance zones, but they dont, it is only the DC one that is covered in alliance paraphernalia.

I would like to add that our guild was thinking about buying one of these as a guild base, but the Khajiit one is out of the question, too many people dislike it, and Daggerfall Overlook is so nice looking, but even though we have all alliances in our guild, we are primarily AD, and even disregarding that, I don't particularly want any alliance banners splattered all over my walls, whichever alliance that may be :blush:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 19, 2017 2:37AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with this. Pets and mounts need to have a wandering animation. Just like enemy and NPCs have in the game. Just allow them to walk a bit, perform their idle animations, then walk some more.
    I would LOVE this for most of the animals, but it would mess up my idea of placing a dragon frog on a desk, or a cat on a bed. It wouldn't work for something like that. I'd happily give up on those ideas, though, if it meant my dog wouldn't be in the exact same spot every single second.

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 19, 2017 2:52AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say this enough, but can we PLEASE raise the limit on collectibles. The small houses only allow four collectibles per lot. I can't have three horses outside and three pets inside, because the total limit is four and that's just not enough. I'm an ESO Plus member, and four is the limit for me. It really kills creativity to have such a low limit.
  • Welewa
    Welewa
    ✭✭✭
    This is a long post, based on my thoughts and findings from when it first opened on the PTS and this second time, after the wipe. I know some of this has already been covered and addressed but I'll post stuff as I wrote it when I thought/discovered it:

Assistants disappeared from the Overlook when returned the second day.

Crafting style racial item costs are too high. 30 flint for a tray?

When entering/exiting Daggerfall Overlook, you always oriented to the one corner instead of the center or what you're facing.
    When sitting on the Starry Redguard Chair, you sink most of the way into the cushion.
    Canopy beds cannot be used because there is no interactive button and the canopy prevents entering. Ideally, I'd like the canopy to be raised so that you could enter and lie or sit, as you choose.

If these crown prices are accurate for furnishings, they are unreasonable. 400 crowns for a chipped pillar that's considered an epic?

I'd love to see the placeable mobs move around a small area, not just stay in one spot.
    Especially with the Crown items, we need to be able to preview them.
    The dye station is targettable from waaay too far away.
    The lights in the houses do not throw off enough light to light up big areas. Even with chandeliers and sconces, etc, it still seems like its unlit. And with such a limited number of housing items, it feels like you'll reach your item limit just from trying to light the place, alone!
    Population limit in houses is not specified in the list. I also find it very cumbersome to have to go into housing mode, then placement mode, to see the limits.

Continual error: C stack overflow: too many (128) nested C function calls.

I find the placement system cumbersome as well. I really appreciate having multiple axis to rotate the items on, that part is very good but having to use the camera to shift left and right or up and down (mouse wheel does do up and down but its not straight up and down. Its on an angle.) It would be nice to have the addition of a direct left/right, up/down mode as well. Rift handled that part well. You'd simply hit 1 for the arrows to move in a straight line up, down, left or right, or you'd hit 2 if you wanted the rotating axis, 3 to scale the item, 4 to put it into carry mode so you could move to a different place and 5 to put it in your bag. You also had built in command for duplicate placement (if you had more than one item, you could hit the duplicate key and it'd copy the next one at the same size and angle onto your cursor so you could simply click to place).

Being able to size or scale an item would be absolutely wonderful and very helpful. That's the thing I'm missing the most right now. For example, we have lovely hanging pots but not enough small plants to put in them to create hanging flower plants/pots.

There doesn't seem to be nearly enough plant and tree options, especially flowers. Other than the flowering yucca and cactus, I've not seen any flowers at all (and those aren't quite 'flowers', either). Perhaps I simply haven't found other vendors that have flowers on them but at this point, I'm not expecting to find any. What I've found has come from vendors in each of the factions. Also on this note, why can we not craft the plants and trees? PS: I just saw that the flowers, what there are of them, are behind the paywall of the Crown store. Really? 50 crowns for a single flower? 150 crowns for a big single flower? Too much.

Has any thought been given to how things will go if someone decides they want to change their primary residence and have 700 items to pick up? A pick up all button would be nice.. but then there are going to be inventory issues. It would be nice if there were an option to pack up everything into a packing crate and have it moved to another residence. Of course, there will be conditions and such that need to be considered. Like, if the crate contains more than the house allows, it cannot be moved there. If there was enough room, the packing crate could be moved but the count of the container would count against the house items. Something like that... having to pick the items up and put them into your inventory, when you have hundreds of them, to move them to a new residence, is going to be a problem. Perhaps ESO could consider a furniture bag for Plus members?

When trying to place a tapestry upright, to use it as a painting, even though I have surface drag and right click to align, when placing it turns it at an angle, perhaps 45 degrees, to the placement I was trying to make. This happens with the High Elf Carpet, water themed.

I've had furniture disappear from a house, the next time I returned. Breton Nightstand, knotwork disappeared from Daggerfall Overlook. It was not under placement nor retrieval.

Previews in the crown store need to be able to offer a zoom because the larger items overfill the screen and you cannot even see the item, making the preview useless.

There needs to be a greater variety of statues. Why just military themed or a poorly put together obelisk? There are so many deities in the lore, where are those? Also a greater variety of fountains.. and why can we not craft them?

The categories would be better simplified. Its very hard to find stuff you want to craft because they are made on different stations and put in different categories. It would be easier to find lights if all the lights were under the category of light instead of having look in parlor, workshop, etc. Also, why would you make kitchen tables and the like at an enchanting station? Stuff just isn't intuitive where to find and its all jumbled around.

I've found only a few recipes and those were in containers. I've also seen a few for sale on the crafting vendors but all in all, it seems like they are going to be pretty darn scarce to find.

When using the Ayleid throne, you sink into it too much, leaving only your chest and knees visible.

Too many of the epic recipes require frost mirriam and Bervez juice, which aren't difficult to obtain regularly.

Khajiit column, spiked, cannot be put back into my inventory even after relogging.

The carving knife disappeared from the house after I logged and cannot be found for retrieval, even after using the search function.

In the Forsaken Stronghold, there is a trunk in the great room that's set on a small square table. When you cursor over it, both in preview as well as after furnished purchase, it shows as 'empty' just as a trunk might be in the Live game. When I went into housing mode, I could pick it up and move it.. but there was another one underneath it, which I couldn't target until I moved the table under that. So, one of them is registering as a container and I'm guessing the duplication wasn't intended.

In Mournoth Hold, going up the stairs to the upper portion of the house, when you stop at the first landing you see Z fighting going on with the two built in wall pillars flanking the candle sconce.

I'm glad someone caught the slaughterfish that had been hiding in the corners of the Earthtear Cavern.

Why cant we craft any paintings? Why are no paintings for sale in the crown store?

The Pedestal Orcish Brazier back is missing.

The common piled firepit and common outdoor firepit both seemed to have a very high light glare when you're close to them, to the point of obscuring things visually around.

This second time, I could no longer find the light and dark stone chunks of rock on vendors or even listed in the store. I also couldn't find the Khajiit spiked column at all (but that could be due to the difficulty of finding anything in the mess of housing crafts).
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welewa wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be nearly enough plant and tree options, especially flowers. Other than the flowering yucca and cactus, I've not seen any flowers at all (and those aren't quite 'flowers', either). Perhaps I simply haven't found other vendors that have flowers on them but at this point, I'm not expecting to find any. What I've found has come from vendors in each of the factions. Also on this note, why can we not craft the plants and trees? PS: I just saw that the flowers, what there are of them, are behind the paywall of the Crown store. Really? 50 crowns for a single flower? 150 crowns for a big single flower? Too much.

I agree that there aren't enough plants... You can get 2 types of flowers from achievement merchants in Hews Bane, if you have completed the quests there, that is all I found.

I noticed on the pts that we can no longer craft many of the food items that we could before they did the character transfer, and that some we could craft have moved to crown store only? I do hope that these items will still be craft-able... Its rubbish designing houses when the only food you can craft to place in them is Redguard Kebabs, and sweetrolls from a vendor...

Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 19, 2017 3:52AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SadieJoan
    I have been looking at and playing around with the manors today, and didn't really like the AD one because it's Khajiit style, which I personally really dislike (kind of disappointed that the manor wasn't Altmer really, but never mind...) so I went to have a little mess around with the other two, and although the Daggerfall Overlook Manor is AMAZING, and for me, the most attractive of the three, it is completely covered with DC alliance banners and blue drapes...

The other two Manors are pretty much blank canvases, and could easily be inhabited by any alliance, but this 'in your face' blue in Daggerfall Overlook is really off putting... I realise that this home is located in a DC zone, but still, with One Tamriel here now, its a bit stupid to restrict a home to just one alliance like this. Why is there no option to remove these decorations from the walls? That way, it would be more appealing to everyone. With ALL 12 of my characters being AD, this would certainly put me off purchasing it, and I am sure I am not the only one who would feel this way...

By the way, if memory serves, someone in this discussion said that, although the banners on the walls of Daggerfall Overlook cannot be removed, they can be replaced. Then again, I don't know whether they can be replaced by AD or EP banners, or just by banners with symbols, colors, and markings like those on Guild Tabards.

Which manor is "the AD one" that is Khajiit style? It isn't clear to me what you mean by a "manor" but there are four Notable Houses in the Aldmeri Dominion:

(1) Mathiisen Manor, Auridon

If you don't like the Mathiisen grounds, then I don't blame you. Although the area around the manor is enormous, there are no outbuildings, whether for stables or workshops. About half of the grounds are occupied by a grand "reflecting pool" on an elevated area at the rear, surrounded by a patio and with a large outer margin of grass and plants. This is great if you role-play and like to have large house parties! One plus: there are many hearths and fireplaces in the manor itself, where you can presumably install at least one Cooking Fire for Provisioning. (See also my Post #443 in this discussion.)

(2) The Gorinir Estate at Cormount, Grahtwood

This is a Classic style homestead for Wood Elves. Who else would want one? The circular tree-pods are somewhat small, but so should be the furnishings (i.e., if the design team got those right) . The large grounds are covered with plants and the grounds are rather scenic and accessible with various clearings and alcoves among the surrounding rock walls. They could add a stable like the one outside Elden Root, somewhere.

(3) Serenity Falls Estate near Rawl'kha, Reaper's March

This estate is a "rural manor", but I don't know whether it can be characterized as either Altmer or Khajiit. The huge yard includes a 2-story barn / workshop with outside stalls under the 2nd-floor roof (which looks as though a Nord built it). The grounds include a waterfall and a creek, but, at present, no Fishing Holes. I have offered suggestions for improvements to the main building (Post #446 in this discussion), but it is unlikely that the Z.O. design team will implement any of them.

(4) Dawnshadow, Reaper's March

Frankly, there isn't much that I found "notable" about this one. I suppose that it is Khajiit style, but it needs lighter colors for the interior walls, which look burnt or moldy. It's just a bare, basic large house without a Cooking Fire hearth. As to the grounds, there is no outbuilding and not much, if any, space for adding one. Also, there is no water feature. On the other hand, if memory serves, it has the lowest price of all the Notable Houses, which is probably meant as a "heads up" for players to expect to spend more for a better choice.

With regard to One Tamriel, without any differences among the provinces, the pacts, and their respective zones, would it not be a dull world? Where would player characters find adventures, discover new things, meet NPCs of other races and cultures and either befriend or kill them?

I agree with you with the One Tamriel thing, but it is at it is, and anyone can buy the AD or EP manor and decorate it to their choosing, this is why it annoys me so...There are 3 'Manors' in the game, one in each alliance, each coming with achievements for buying them as they cost in excess of 3 million gold each, and a further acheivement for owning all three of them. They are the largest homes, Serenity Falls is the AD one, and is Khajiit style... The EP one is Ebonheart Chateaux and is Dunmer, and the DC one is Daggerfall overlook in Breton style. There is currently no way to change the banners in the DC manor, the other two have no banners and can be styled to however one chooses, but Daggerfall overlook, the most attractive of all of the manors, is covered in DC alliance banners which cannot be altered...

If the AD manor were Altmer style and was covered in AD banners, and the EP one had red banners all over it, I would understand that it had been made in a way to convinse people to buy manors int heir own alliance zones, but they dont, it is only the DC one that is covered in alliance paraphernalia.

I would like to add that our guild was thinking about buying one of these as a guild base, but the Khajiit one is out of the question, too many people dislike it, and Daggerfall Overlook is so nice looking, but even though we have all alliances in our guild, we are primarily AD, and even disregarding that, I don't particularly want any alliance banners splattered all over my walls, whichever alliance that may be :blush:

Not sure why people disliked the Khajiit one. It's got absolutely massive grounds. Perfect for a guild hall.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 19, 2017 4:50AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether better selections and/or additional items were available, I don't know. Yet again, the development team has dropped the ball. From how many fumbles that they decline to recover will they make before they lose the game?

The house used to come with Colovian furnishings in the first patch. See here:
    The furniture was green + dark brown, matching the style of the house. Any furnishings with stonework used the same stones as the exterior of the house. You can see this style in-game in any house in Kvatch as well as the Vile Manse public dungeon.

Strangely, this style was only available if you bought the house pre-furnished. You could not craft your own pieces or buy them in the crown store.

Then in patch 2.7.2 they completely removed the Colovian style from the game, leaving only Nibenese. The Nibenese colour scheme is red + light brown/grey (which clashes with the style of the house). Their exterior furnishings use white marble (instead of the dark grey stone of the Colovian house).

You can still make a pretty cool house mixing and matching Dark Elf, Breton, and Orc furnishings, but it would have been nice to have a default style that matches the house (every other house has one).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 19, 2017 5:01AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I found some items which do not seem to be obtainable if you do not purchase the Furnished houses. I am assuming that the pre-made characters have all recipes (except the Mastercraft ones), so if a recipe is missing from their 'book' then I may have mistakenly listed the item below.

Bolded Items are ones I feel really need to be available to players separately from purchasing the Furnished House with crowns either by crafting, buying with gold, or buying with crowns.
    • Cactus, Golden Barrel there aren't many arid region plant options
    • Cactus, Golden Bulbs
    • Cactus, Lemon Bulbs
    • Cactus, Stocky Columnar
    • Fern, Hearty Autumn
    • Plant, Verdant Swamp
    • Rough Foliage Plant, Strong Sage
    • Rough Foliage Sapling, Mountain
    • Rough Foliage Sapling, Twisted
    • Boulder, Moss Covered
    • Boulder, Mossy Grey
    • Rough Foliage Rock, Craggy Boulder
    • Rough Foliage Rock, Craggy Conglomerate
    • Plants, Sparse Undergrowth
    • Rough Foliage Shrub, Desert Scrub
    • Hedge, Dense Low Wall
    • Auridon Coneplants, Cluster
    • Hedge, Wall Arc
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Crabapple
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Crabapple Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Desert Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Double Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Mountain Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Pine Sapling
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Tall Scrub
    • Rough Foliage Tree, Twisted Sapling
    • Slender Palm Tree Cluster
    • Tree, Ancient Banyan these trees are giant and awesome
    • Tree, Ancient Jungle
    • Tree, Craglorn Crabapple
    • Tree, Giant Cypress
    • Tree, Healthy Jungle
    • Tree, Towering Cypress
    • Tree, Young Green Birch
    • Trees, Mossy Murkmire Cluster
    • Trees, Young Autumn Birch
    • Dark Elf Column Lantern
    • Orcish Figurine, Strength
    • Redguard Armchair, Lattice
    • Redguard Chair, Lattice
    • Redguard Chandelier, Grated
    • Redguard Chandelier, Heavy Grated
    • High Elf Medal, Winged
    • Orcish Brazier, Pillar iconic outdoor Orc lighting
    • Deer Antlers on Plaque would go great in a lot of homes! especially over mantles.
    • Breton Throne
    • Basket of Apples various decorative food, adds character to homes.
    • Basket of Apples, Full
    • Basket of Corn
    • Basket of Gourds
    • Basket of Lettuce
    • Basket of Tomatoes
    • Redguard Oven, Clay iconic Redguard piece
    • Bottle, Elixir for decorating our alchemy areas
    • Bottle, Liquor
    • Goblet, Wine
    • Noble's Chalice
    • Vial, Delicate for decorating our alchemy areas
    • Box of Grapes various decorative food, adds character to homes.
    • Box of Oranges
    • Box of Peaches
    • Box of Plums
    • Box of Tangerines
    • Bread, Braided
    • Bread, Round
    • Pie Dish, Display
    • Firelogs, Ashen these are the fires designed to go into fireplaces/hearths in the houses.
    • Firelogs, Flaming if I could double bold these I would. No other fires fit like these into the hearths
    • Firelogs, Charred
    • Noble Standing Cauldron
    • Wood Elf Hearth, Forest
    • Redguard Lamp, Oil
    • Book Row, Decorative these library clutter items are needed to make homes feel lived in
    • Book Row, Long
    • Book Stack, Decorative
    • Common Book Stack, Single
    • Letter, Personal
    • Papers, Stack
    • Signed Contract
    • Scroll, Rolled
    • Common Cloak on a Hook everyone needs to hang a cloak by the door
    • Banner, Tattered Blue
    • Banner, Tattered Red
    • Imperial Common Decorative Green Rug
    • Imperial Common Kyne's Green Carpet
    • Imperial Common Stendarr's Green Carpet
    • Imperial Simple Blue Carpet
    • Orcish Carpet, Blood a bolder Orcish carpet option
    • High Elf Banner, Gilded
    • Vase, Gilded Offering
    • Redguard Censer, Hanging Bulb
    • Redguard Censer, Hanging Disc
    • High Elf Bed, Winged Double
    • Candle Set, Ritual
    • Hew's Bane Candlestick
    • High Elf Sconce, Winged
    • Imperial Simple Nightstand
    • Skeletal Remains, Side only skeletons available (they are underwater at Strident Springs)
    • Lantern, Hanging
    • Redguard Lantern, Caged Stand

Thanks for doing this! I'd noticed some of these items but I wasn't sure if it was just that I couldn't find them.

I'm especially disappointed about the various display books. I know we can get individual books from the Mages Guild, but the rows and stacks of books are brilliant for decorating. If we could buy them anywhere else (even if they were crown store exclusive) they'd be one of my priorities for things to get, but as I'm not planning to buy the houses that include them it looks like I'll be going without.

(On a personal note I was also disappointed that the orcish brazier pillar isn't available separately. I really wanted to add another two to Mournoth Keep and spent ages looking for them before giving up and making a poor substitute with rocks and other braziers.)
    @SadieJoan

Manors are the 3 houses that cost over 3 million gold and award a title for owning them. There's one in each Alliance and the AD one is Serenity Falls Estate (which gives the title Clan Father/Mother).

I really don't like that they called them manors because it creates confusion with the two houses with 'manor' in the name. But at least this time around they've rearranged the crown store categories so only the manors and store exclusives are in the 'notable' category and the others are grouped with the medium houses which makes it a bit clearer.

IMO castles would be a better name since the DC and EP ones are actual castles (the AD one is the bank/government building from Khenarthi's Roost), or mansions. Anything that's not already part of the name of other houses.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with this. Pets and mounts need to have a wandering animation. Just like enemy and NPCs have in the game. Just allow them to walk a bit, perform their idle animations, then walk some more.
    I would LOVE this for most of the animals, but it would mess up my idea of placing a dragon frog on a desk, or a cat on a bed. It wouldn't work for something like that. I'd happily give up on those ideas, though, if it meant my dog wouldn't be in the exact same spot every single second.
    @SydneyGrey That's true however I'd assume they would let us have a toggle for them. Where you can switch them to idle mode or wandering :) I had the idea of making a little enclosure kind of thing for my dragon frog :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they've rearranged the houses and put several of what I thought were the Large (Notable?) ones into the Medium category I am now wondering what the player cap is in those homes. Are the very few in the Large categories the only ones that hold the max 24 players? I'm SO frustrated that they have not yet told us what ALL the player caps are for ALL the houses and this rearrangement of categories just makes it even more confusing!

@ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE TELL US WHAT ALLLLLL THE PLAYER CAPS ARE!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix sitting. We are so far away from the center of the chairs/pews that it looks rather strange.

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I really don't like that they called them manors because it creates confusion with the two houses with 'manor' in the name. But at least this time around they've rearranged the crown store categories so only the manors and store exclusives are in the 'notable' category and the others are grouped with the medium houses which makes it a bit clearer.

I'm not sure why they didn't just go with the obvious categories:
    • Apartments
    • Small homes
    • Medium homes
    • Large homes
    • Notable homes
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 19, 2017 5:55PM
  • Kazox
    Kazox
    Soul Shriven
    I have been testing the new housing system for ESO on PTS and here’s my take on it.

I agree with most when they say housing is not as critical to a game as gameplay. However, from a roleplaying stand point, housing should be as essential as any other element in an MMORPG but it should have a very secondary and selective role in it.

This is a very personal opinion on the matter but here’s how housing become more relevant to me, on a MMORPG:

- Roleplaying
    o Display “visual” achievements in the game (Must have. There are a few achievement items, but I didn’t see a direct link to what was achieved. You basically unlock a few items you can purchase from an achievement vendor, which is already something but I think it could be improved):
    • Statues of bosses you’ve beaten in the game, as you do so
    • Portrait frames with special locations you explore in Tamriel
    • Ability to display special weapons and armors you find (Which in turn could be used as additional storage)
    • A rack for weapons and shields
    • Mannequins for armors
    • Crafting (Which has been added to it, thankfully)
    o Interactive items (Nice to have)
    • Mounts and pets should be able to interact with the environment around them, perhaps a feed bucket or a lake which they can drink water, for example
    • With friends:
    • Eat at the table
    • Drink at the bar
    • Place to play musical instruments
    • Additional storage
    • It would be nice to have extra space available, but even if there isn’t, just having chests and shelves that represent the items you have or books you’ve collected would be nice. For example, have a blacksmith trunk that when you click on it, you can see all the blacksmith specific mats you’ve collected (for mere roleplaying reasons alone). Or a bookshelf that gets filled as you collect books (random images representing the number of books you’ve read).
    • Water pools for swimming and fishing (Also, have the ability to collect and add special fishes to it)
    • Beds
    • Grant additional experience boost next time you connect if you disconnect while lying in your bed. The longer you sleep, the greater the boost (limited of course… we don’t want players taking a 6-month hibernation break just to be able to reach max level by hitting one monster after waking up!)
    • Target Practice (Which is available)
    • Gathering nodes (Refreshed once a day)
    • Find other NPCs that can be either hired or “earned” (friendship for example) through your adventures:
    • Bards
    • Guards (Keep those pesky thieves at bay!)
    • Fighters (to duel and practice)
    • Merchants
    • That sell special dyes or items (once a week)
    • Spouses (It would be awesome to add a “flirting” system to the game where you can possibly find a wife/husband out in the World of Tamriel)
    • Pack Mules (Hire a NPC that could grant you additional storage while out exploring; like an additional 15 item slot)
    • NPCs that give you Daily (repeatable) quests, once you’ve find these quests out in the World.
    o Static Items
    • I respect other people’s need to play with decoration and I think it’s nice to have the option to do so but I personally don’t feel like playing Sims Online in ESO. It should be a secondary feature of housing and not the main one (As it is today). Now, as far decorating goes, I believe this was done right. Decorating and customizing houses is actually fun, though I wouldn’t invest too much time in it, as I just mentioned.

- Other homes
    o Hopefully other homes will be added to the game as part of rewards for playing certain quest lines. For example, a guild specific home (Thieves, Assassins, Fighters, Mage,…) earned by playing through each respective quest line.
    o Cyrodiil: imagine housing in Cyrodiil as a place you can raid (or be raided). Greater rewards at greater stakes!
    o Ability to export other players home designs (As long as other players give others permission to do so). Not everyone is a designer at heart (guilty as charged), and prefer to load presets.
    • Players should be able to either pay Gold, Crowns, or load only what furniture he currently owns when importing design into his own house
    • Exporting design should be done in text format (Some type of alpha-numeric string of words. e.g.: Hx01vw7Uxx0001Ax), giving players ability to share pictures and the link to their home build in the internet (rather than having strangers going from home to home in the game, trying to get lucky finding their dream home build)

- Some feedback based on current design
    o Players should be able to disconnect from the game just as if they disconnected when in town (no 10 second timer)
    o Players should be able to preview furniture when purchasing them within their house
    o Players should have an option to revert their purchase (both house and furniture) for a small timeframe, in case they regret buying it (This rule should be applied to many other item purchase in the game…)

The house becomes much more personal and meaningful when you’re able to collect and display your achievements (and the time you dedicated to the game) in it. The ability to collect special items (both in PVE and PVP) to decorate your house is critical to this feature, in my opinion. This would also help populating areas of the game that feel isolated as more people would go to less frequented areas just to collect that one special item.

Finally, a house should not cost more or the same as a DLC. I’m really afraid of how this whole thing will be implemented in February when I see furniture costing 400 crowns on PTS (US$2.91 based on a 5500 crowns for US$39.99 rate). I fear they may try to cash in on folks that are addicted to spending money on the game (just for the sake of collecting), rather than aiming to please the general customer base. I’m OK with them making money (this is a business after all), but lots of people have left games like BDO (Black Desert Online) and Archage because of how items are outrageously priced (GREED!). This is a feedback I see all over the place. Players seem to agree with me that items are really overpriced and I hope ZOS don't take this feedback for granted. I feel this could really hurt them in the long run. Hell, I was really disappointed (with ESO) when I saw a reindeer mount being sold for 4500 crowns (over US$30) just as I’m disappointed with this whole Crown Crates thing (they should be called Clown Crates… I did buy 15 of them and regret it, greatly).

Homestead is the main reason I came back to ESO (I am an ESO Plus member) and it may be the reason I may leave for good, if pricing is not implemented fairly. If I realize this is just another cash cow, I’ll most likely invest my time and money somewhere else. Hopefully you’ll read this a constructive criticism post rather than taking it personally. I really enjoy the game and I want to see it thrive and succeed. Cheers!

• NightSquirrel
    NightSquirrel
    ✭✭✭
    So my character did the ring of mara ceremony with my wife and what I'm wondering is, will we be allowed to share a homestead since our characters our married?

I don't use PTS so I'm just wondering if anyone has found this out or not.

Thanks!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Welewa

Some of your concerns have been addressed in this latest patch. I did notice the racial stone requirements for a lot of things have been lowered.
    Canopy beds cannot be used because there is no interactive button and the canopy prevents entering. Ideally, I'd like the canopy to be raised so that you could enter and lie or sit, as you choose.

I love this idea.
    If these crown prices are accurate for furnishings, they are unreasonable. 400 crowns for a chipped pillar that's considered an epic?

The crown prices seem to be a bit all over the place. Those pillars are HUGE so I don't think 400 Crowns is too bad for them. Although, they aren't to my taste so I wouldn't be buying them on Live anyways. I do wish Crown-Only items were labelled as such, there are a lot of items up to 400 Crowns on that list that are craftable, so it would be for people who cannot find a crafter for the item/impatient who buy them.
    I'd love to see the placeable mobs move around a small area, not just stay in one spot.

I would love mounts and pets to move about, but I do understand there is a limitation there and they would have to put in a way for us to define an area of movement etc. What they NEED to do is let the mounts and pets do their idle animations. I noticed that the housecats do their stretch-ready to pounce, sit and lick paw animations but a lot just stand there staring straight ahead with only slight movement. It is rather disappointing and creepy. Today I found myself watching horses at a stable and they don't do any idle animations either (the head shake, foot stomping) so I think that it was just copied that way.

Most item seem to be much better in the preview. Larger items go out of view though - camera is too close to see tops of bookshelves/trees/fountains etc. Paintings, hanging lanterns/decor and wall hangings/carpets seem to still be having some issues as well being viewed.
    Population limit in houses is not specified in the list.

Which list are you referring to? If it is the Purchase page I agree that the limits of everything should be listed there too.
    Being able to size or scale an item would be absolutely wonderful and very helpful. That's the thing I'm missing the most right now. For example, we have lovely hanging pots but not enough small plants to put in them to create hanging flower plants/pots.

This is interesting but I don't see them allowing this. I can picture people scaling things in a hilarious fashion. Also, this way they can sell different sizes of things to us...

There doesn't seem to be nearly enough plant and tree options, especially flowers

Since having a yard was a huge priority for me, I collected all the plants I could find and laid them out on the Grand Topal Island (when NA had a char copy so it is wiped now). There are a LOT of options, but many are similar. For instance, the cherry trees come in white, light pink and a darker pink.

Flowers specifically though, since i also want hanging plant pots I have been looking at all the potted flowers in the world to see if I could duplicate. A lot seem to add a small fern as foliage and there are more flowers than we have access to currently.
    They might just be planning to add more later or they will be available on the Luxury Furnisher.

Current Flowers that can go in vases/pots:

Three sizes of the Hibiscus flowers, all can be found on the Home Goods Furnishers in different zones.
    Flower, Healthy Hibiscus
    Flower, Stout Hibiscus
    Flower, Grandmother Hibiscus

Pale Garden Flower (Achievement linked; Abah's Landing; small white flower with short stem) This one could be clumped with ferns in a larger pot or placed in Vase/Bottle by itself.

Vibrant Garden Flowers (Achievement linked, Abah's Landing; small blue flower with long stem)

There are the cacti and yuccas as you mentioned, some goldenrod flowers but it is a rather large clump to fit in a pot. Some foliage like the Sage and Red Aloe but not really flowery though.

Lastly, there are flower on the Luxury vendor but getting them in a pot would be hard.

Wedding Blossoms, Blue: a cluster of 3 glowing (light/extinguish) blue flowers, they look great flat on ground/rock or vertical but they don't have stems.

Crown only is the Flower, Red Honeysuckle for 50 Crowns. I could see myself buying 1 of these but I don't see a reason to get more and we already have a reddish flower with the Hibiscus plants; I would love to see more colours as well as types. A lot of the alchemy flowers I would use as decoration.
    There needs to be a greater variety of statues. Why just military themed or a poorly put together obelisk? There are so many deities in the lore, where are those? Also a greater variety of fountains.. and why can we not craft them?

We need more water features for sure! I would love smaller fountains and a fish pond. No reason we couldn't craft these.

As for Statues there are a lot tied to achievements but they are so large that I find it difficult to work them into my plans. Some smaller garden-gnome size statues would be cute.

Statues:
    Ancient High Elf Statue
    Argonian Bark, Painted - crafted but not really a statue
    Breton Figure, Stone - crafted and very small (about knee high i think)
    Breton Gravewatcher Statue - Achievement
    Cowering Statue - Achievement
    Damaged Knight of St. Pelin Statue - Achievement
    Gargoyle Statue - Achievement
    Guardian Mane - Achievement
    Khajiiti Shrine Guardian Statue - Achievement
    Kneeling Ansei Statue - Achievement
    Maomer Totem - Achievement
    Imperial statue, Emperor - Crown only
    Imperial statue, Knight - Crown only
    Imperial Statue, Monolith - Crown only
    Imperial Statue, Obelisk - Crown only
    Imperial Statue, Warrior - Crown only
    Orcish Figurine, Strength - only found in Crown Furnished Forsaken Stronghold
    Silent Sentinel - Achievement
    Spirit Warden Azura Statue - Achievement
    Standing Ansei Statue - Achievement
    Statue of Shadows - Achievement
    Statue of the Mother - Achievement
    Statue of the Wolf - Achievement
    The Final Threat - Achievement
    Ukaezai's Ward - Achievement
    Vaermina Statue - Achievement
    Visage of the Skald - Achievement
    Ysgramor Statue - Achievement
    The categories would be better simplified. Its very hard to find stuff you want to craft because they are made on different stations and put in different categories. It would be easier to find lights if all the lights were under the category of light instead of having look in parlor, workshop, etc. Also, why would you make kitchen tables and the like at an enchanting station? Stuff just isn't intuitive where to find and its all jumbled around.

I also find the sheer number of categories and sub-categories to be hard to navigate but I try to remember on Live I won't magically have all the patterns off the start. Some reorganizing of the list has been done but some items still seem to be categorized poorly.

I wouldn't mind having item types together: like everything that provides light together.
    Why cant we craft any paintings? Why are no paintings for sale in the crown store?

Crafting them would be neat but they have said they are rare loot from treasure chests. I have not yet found any that way on the PTS.

Khajiit Column, Spiked: Rawl'kha Home Goods Vendor

The Rough Block, Dark Stone and Light Stone are found on a bunch of different Home Goods Vendors, but not all of them.

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for player housing! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    After patch v2.7.2 a HUGE number of furniture recipes have been removed. Those items that were possible to craft or to buy on v2.7.0 - v2.7.1 are no longer available for crafting (and a lot of them are not in the crown store too).

I will name only a few that I was using on v2.7.0 - v2.7.1 PTS and was hoping to use on Live:
    • Redguard Throw Pillow, Desert Flame (Clothing, Suite, Starmetal)
    • Common Washtub, Empty (Woodworking, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Keg (Woodworking, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Teapot, Common (Blacksmithing, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Hourglass, Common (Blacksmithing, Parlor, Nickel)
    • Horn, Drinking (Woodworking, Parlor, Nickel)
    • Apple, Display (Provisioning, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Cured Meat Chunks (Provisioning, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Hearty Bread (Provisioning, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Lettuce, Display (Provisioning, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Peaches, Bunch (Provisioning, Hearth, Nickel)
    • Plums, Bunch (Provisioning, Hearth, Nickel)

As you may notice almost all of the removed recipes have Nickel ingredient (the exception is Redguard Throw Pillow, Desert Flame).
    This has been tested on two PTS templates using the special template item to learn all the furniture recipes.

Edit: clarified possibility to buy food displays in crown store.
    Edited by Olauron on January 19, 2017 9:46PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion:

Please add a House Warming Gift mail when a home is purchased. This gift would contain some of each of the new crafting materials and a furniture pattern(s).

Why?
    As I have fun playing around on the pre-made character crafting furniture and decorating I have to think - my character on Live won't have any of this when Housing launches. So I stopped to think of what I would have immediate access to and it isn't very exciting. I understand fully decorating your house(s) to your taste is supposed to take time, but I look even at the first apartment quest and "Obtain a piece of furniture". I play Ebonheart Pact and the Home Goods Furnisher is in Ebonheart, Stonefalls as is the quest apartment, The Ebony Flask Inn Room.

This specific Home Goods Furnisher Sells:
    • Block, Wood Cutting
    • Flower, Grandmother Hibiscus
    • Hedge, Dense Low Wall
    • Hedge, Fragile Cypress
    • Hedge, Pruned Cypress
    • Plant, Red Aloe
    • Plant, Red Aloe Succulent
    • Rough Block, Stone Slab
    • Rough Clothesline, Post
    • Rough Firewood, Fireplace
    • Rough Firewood, Stack
    • Rough Stool, Round
    • Tea Table, Carved
    • Tree, Autumn Cherry Blossom
    • Tree, Gnarled Ashflower
    • Tree, Twisted Ashflower

All the plants/trees are out because the apartment has no yard (and I have no pots to plant things in for indoors).

Blocks and posts have little use on their own - combined with things they can be fun, largely outdoors, firewoods are irrelevant as the apartment has no hearth.

Only two items make sense: Stool and Tea Table. So I buy these and put them in my apartment and...it is rather anti-climactic at this point. I have the apartment, a table and a stool....and a long grind to get mats and patterns for the more awesome furniture.

Other items found on Home Goods Furnishers (not including rocks and local flora) are other types of blocks, a selection of crates/boxes, clotheslines, tarps.

Rough Hay Beds (assorted) are available from some other Home Goods Furnishers. I suppose somewhere to sleep is better than nowhere but the inn is then MUCH nicer than my room.

A quick trip out to the crafting area in Ebonheart and the Clothier and Smith there gives me patterns for:
    • Rough Stretcher, Military
    • Rough Bedroll, Basic
    • Rough Bowl, Common
    • Rough Cup, Empty
    • Rough Hatchet, Practical
    • Rough Knife, Butcher
    (the Carpenter sells patterns for more crates/boxes)

Problem: I have none of the new materials yet to craft things.
    Problem 2: these items aren't very exciting (better than nothing though)

I also have access to an array of Achievement Furnishings...

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could the dev team please sit down with a list of all the Home Good Furnisher items, Achievement Furnisher Items and the few items crafted from the patterns from the Clothier, Smith and Carpenter and make up some inn rooms? or other houses? This is what players will have access to as soon as they log in.

My point is you start with access to a pretty bizarre group of items and all the standard type furnishings are random drop patterns. If a House Warming Gift contained either random pattern(s) and some crafting materials (the new ones only) to whet the appetite for furnishing the new homes that would be great. Might be even better if the gift included a bed pattern, a dresser and a display food to complete the apartment a bit.

That way you have: Stool, Tea Table, Bowl, Cup, Knife, Candle (comes with apartment) and a bed, dresser and food to put on the Tea Table.

If it is tied to the purchase of the homes (account) the most House-Warming Gifts a player could get is 38. Perhaps the more expensive the home the nicer the furniture patterns provided? Or maybe only a gift with your first home acquired? With almost 2000 items to craft it seems that awarding a few patterns to get us started out wouldn't be bad!
    Edited by Mix on January 20, 2017 2:48AM
  • SamSam
    SamSam
    Soul Shriven
    As my thoughts on the subject were a bit lengthy to make as a post in this thread, I've made a separate thread about the large houses and my opinion on why their prices should be changed. Note, it is not a thread about how the prices need to be reduced, but how they should be re-balanced.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315255/review-and-re-pricing-of-large-houses/
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some rather specific general feedback:

There are invisible ceilings in both the small and the medium Khajiiti house, which are way lower than the actual ceiling of the houses. This probably makes about 10% - 20% of the already very limited space in those homes unaccessible. Obviously this can very easily be resloved by removing those invisible ceilings.

Jo'Khaljor
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK

With apologies to Welewa: perchance anyone at ZOS might overlooked any of them, I've edited the following message to list the bugs, followed by the design flaws:
    This is a long post, based on my thoughts and findings from when it first opened on the PTS and this second time, after the wipe. ....

Bugs:

When entering/exiting Daggerfall Overlook, you always oriented to the one corner instead of the center or what you're facing.

When sitting on the Starry Redguard Chair, you sink most of the way into the cushion.

When trying to place a tapestry upright, to use it as a painting, even though I have surface drag and right click to align, when placing it turns it at an angle, perhaps 45 degrees, to the placement I was trying to make. This happens with the High Elf Carpet, water themed.

I've had furniture disappear from a house, the next time I returned. Breton Nightstand, knotwork disappeared from Daggerfall Overlook. It was not under placement nor retrieval.

When using the Ayleid throne, you sink into it too much, leaving only your chest and knees visible.

Khajiit column, spiked, cannot be put back into my inventory even after relogging.

The carving knife disappeared from the house after I logged and cannot be found for retrieval, even after using the search function.

In the Forsaken Stronghold, there is a trunk in the great room that's set on a small square table. When you cursor over it, both in preview as well as after furnished purchase, it shows as 'empty' just as a trunk might be in the Live game. When I went into housing mode, I could pick it up and move it.. but there was another one underneath it, which I couldn't target until I moved the table under that. So, one of them is registering as a container and I'm guessing the duplication wasn't intended.

In Mournoth Hold, going up the stairs to the upper portion of the house, when you stop at the first landing you see Z fighting going on with the two built in wall pillars flanking the candle sconce.

The common piled firepit and common outdoor firepit both seemed to have a very high light glare when you're close to them, to the point of obscuring things visually around.

This second time, I could no longer find the light and dark stone chunks of rock on vendors or even listed in the store. I also couldn't find the Khajiit spiked column at all (but that could be due to the difficulty of finding anything in the mess of housing crafts).

Design Flaws:

The lights in the houses do not throw off enough light to light up big areas. Even with chandeliers and sconces, etc, it still seems like its unlit. And with such a limited number of housing items, it feels like you'll reach your item limit just from trying to light the place, alone!

Population limit in houses is not specified in the list. I also find it very cumbersome to have to go into housing mode, then placement mode, to see the limits.

I find the placement system cumbersome as well. I really appreciate having multiple axis to rotate the items on, that part is very good but having to use the camera to shift left and right or up and down (mouse wheel does do up and down but its not straight up and down. Its on an angle.) It would be nice to have the addition of a direct left/right, up/down mode as well. Rift handled that part well. You'd simply hit 1 for the arrows to move in a straight line up, down, left or right, or you'd hit 2 if you wanted the rotating axis, 3 to scale the item, 4 to put it into carry mode so you could move to a different place and 5 to put it in your bag. You also had built in command for duplicate placement (if you had more than one item, you could hit the duplicate key and it'd copy the next one at the same size and angle onto your cursor so you could simply click to place).

Has any thought been given to how things will go if someone decides they want to change their primary residence and have 700 items to pick up? A pick up all button would be nice.. but then there are going to be inventory issues. It would be nice if there were an option to pack up everything into a packing crate and have it moved to another residence. Of course, there will be conditions and such that need to be considered. Like, if the crate contains more than the house allows, it cannot be moved there. If there was enough room, the packing crate could be moved but the count of the container would count against the house items. Something like that... having to pick the items up and put them into your inventory, when you have hundreds of them, to move them to a new residence, is going to be a problem. Perhaps ESO could consider a furniture bag for Plus members?

Previews in the crown store need to be able to offer a zoom because the larger items overfill the screen and you cannot even see the item, making the preview useless.

I've found only a few recipes and those were in containers. I've also seen a few for sale on the crafting vendors but all in all, it seems like they are going to be pretty darn scarce to find.

Too many of the epic recipes require frost mirriam and Bervez juice, which aren't are difficult to obtain regularly.

I'm glad someone caught the slaughterfish that had been hiding in the corners of the Earthtear Cavern.

Why can't we craft any paintings? Why are no paintings for sale in the crown store?

In my humble opinion, paintings are Works of Art that must be created, not crafted. There is no feature in the game that enables Players qua Characters to create anything. Then again, maybe decorating a Homestead could be considered artistic, since it can express, whether require, creativity of the Player. But doing that uses items which are crafted or created by others. As to the Crown Store, paintings of what? Naked female Daedra? Tamriel landscapes? You were joking, right?

By the way, I admire the time and effort which Welewa obviously spent to play the game on PTS, and to post the report on this forum.

Edited by Shadowshire on January 22, 2017 12:11AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK

With apologies to Welewa: perchance anyone at ZOS might overlooked any of them, I've edited the following message to list the bugs, followed by the design flaws:
    This is a long post, based on my thoughts and findings from when it first opened on the PTS and this second time, after the wipe. ....

Bugs:

Design Flaws:

Too many of the epic recipes require frost mirriam and Bervez juice, which aren't are difficult to obtain regularly.

Why can't we craft any paintings? Why are no paintings for sale in the crown store?

In my humble opinion, paintings are Works of Art that must be created, not crafted. There is no feature in the game that enables Players qua Characters to create anything. Then again, maybe decorating a Homestead could be considered artistic, since it can express, whether require, creativity of the Player. But doing that uses items which are crafted or created by others. As to the Crown Store, paintings of what? Naked female Daedra? ESO landscapes? You were joking, right?

By the way, I admire the time and effort which you obviously spent to play the game on PTS, and to post your report on this forum.

There are many paintings in the game all over the place. Why should they not be available as player housing decor? My surmise though is that they will slowly make these things available as time goes on. I DO feel it was an oversight NOT to include the paintings at release though.

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally shameless plug of my new article:

Homestead: Furnishing Day 1 - What You Can Reasonably Expect To Accomplish

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2017/01/homestead-furnishing-day-1/
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STILL no information on the player caps for each house? STILL no announcement of the crown cost of each house?

• Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    There are many paintings in the game all over the place. Why should they not be available as player housing decor? My surmise though is that they will slowly make these things available as time goes on. I DO feel it was an oversight NOT to include the paintings at release though.

There was a PTS patch where they added paintings as rare loot to treasure chests (afaik all treasure chests), but i did not yet test how likely it is to get them.

Jo'Khaljor
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

There was a PTS patch where they added paintings as rare loot to treasure chests (afaik all treasure chests), but i did not yet test how likely it is to get them.

Okay now THAT is cool! Still, I hope some are still available for purchase/crafting as well.

• Kikki_Wintersong
    Ahzek wrote: »
    Some rather specific general feedback:

There are invisible ceilings in both the small and the medium Khajiiti house, which are way lower than the actual ceiling of the houses. This probably makes about 10% - 20% of the already very limited space in those homes unaccessible. Obviously this can very easily be resloved by removing those invisible ceilings.

The same invisible ceiling in Captain Margaux's Place. Please let us use the space under the roof. Thank you.

Kikki
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭
    Some suggestions for making housing more functional:

- Beds should have a point (the way it stands right now, I probably won't have a bed or a bedroom in my home). I was thinking something along the lines of a very minor (insignificant) buff to combat experience gained, questing experience gained, inspiration gained, mounted movement speed buff or gold looted (like 1%/2%/3%, varying with quality/type of bed). I don't really care what the specific effects are, but something like this would go a long way to making homes feel more alive.

- One of the most useful things in Everquest 2 (and I think this was one of the things that got a lot of people into getting houses) was a mirror you could save a loadout of skill points to; activating the mirror would swap your current loadout with the one in the mirror. I think you could have a lot of fun with things like this (e.g. morphs, armor/weapon sets, attribute points, with some limit on frequency where appropriate)
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Not sure if this has already been asked, but are the no furnishing vendors in the Alik'r? There are none marked in either Sentinel or Bergama, and at least in Sentinel I've also been running up and down find them, but nothing.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Not sure if this has already been asked, but are the no furnishing vendors in the Alik'r? There are none marked in either Sentinel or Bergama, and at least in Sentinel I've also been running up and down find them, but nothing.
    @feyii They're in Kozanset.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm proud to introduce you the first bath of furnitures in my albums on eso-style.faerylands.eu

here it is --> http://eso-styles.faerylands.eu/furnitures-gallery/

more info on the original thread here : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3711980/#Comment_3711980

All feedback is welcome (it is of course not complete yet but there are already 720+ images)

well, aside personal promotion, I noticed several bugs :

-the Imperial Pedestal, Stone (in the Hearth>Sacred Pieces category) is lacking texture (allblack)
    -there is serious problem with the Dark Elf Bed of Coals (Hearth>Cooking Stations) the actual object is far above the cursor in its original placement and if don't look upwards for "flames" you could imagine there is no item at all..